What is up with fishing??

Nazgul740

Ok, who freaking messed with fishing... Seriously I am TICKED OFF!

I started happily fishing yesterday to get to 53 for hero's quest. I happily pulled 2k bait from the bank and headed south to sunny shilo. While gleefully basking in the sands of the river that runs through the village, I laid out my fishing pole and, with some bait, set about catching a few pikes.

I happily clicked around during this time reading forums, comics and school assigned work. I set up my windows so i could keep track of my adventurer while he crouched over the river hunting fish. An astonishing thing came to my attention. My character was having the darndest time fishing! Every few seconds he would "cast out his line and attempt to catch a fish" only to repeat that same act a few seconds later!

I thought that perhaps jagex wanted players to stay on one screen so i closed my windows and settled down to watch my character more closely. It made no difference at all! My character still got itchy and kept re-casting his line every few seconds.

People this just WILL NOT DO! Since when has jagex updated fishing so that my poor character can't sit in one spot and be a peace for a bit? Below is a picture showing what my character keeps doing and as you can see it is not only annoying but it obviously keeps my character from his true fishing potential!

Keep in mind that I am NOT clicking around in the window... I am not re-clicking "bait fish" every few seconds... i am not clicking at all... What is the problem?

fishingarrguq8.png

fishingarrguq8.e5ff04a931.jpg

jfkmk3.jpg

New sigzor^^

well i don't know if maybe it was a bug, or a lag or something, because i just fished a bit before, and it really didn't do that to me, my guy fished without moving until the spot moved.

Also, i think this may be in rants, if your ticked off :P

99 Fletching 99 Attack 99 Constitution 99 Cooking 99 Strength

Gamertag: H8tebringer

h8tebringer-siggy-bloodskull-1.jpg

well i don't know if maybe it was a bug, or a lag or something, because i just fished a bit before, and it really didn't do that to me, my guy fished without moving until the spot moved.

Also, i think this may be in rants, if your ticked off :P

Well its just a semi-rant... i was just kinda mad cause I don't know why they would change something like this...

Its a discussion to see if they really did change somthing

jfkmk3.jpg

New sigzor^^

It's been like that for as long as I can remember. :?

POG3.jpg

Pretty much what Dragon said.

Thread terminated.

I guess that means I'm the thread Terminator?

No Tip.Iters were harmed in the making of this post.

ok well i just tried it with lobbies and BAM, not problem at all... I think its just some bug with bait fishing... anyone else wanna try and it and see if it does it to them also?

jfkmk3.jpg

New sigzor^^

Maybe your avatar felt like he was in a rush to do something else and got a bit.. impatient to get catch some fish.

But seriously, did it actually affect how many fish you could catch in a minute compared to normal?

calvinandhobbessigedite.png

Tried this out in catherby, didn't happen to me but.... I didn''t catch anything for 3 minutes! (btw i have 61 fishing) I didn't give me mass repeats, but still nothing untill about 3 minutes went by ( I was talking with friend so i ddin't log)

No witty signatures for me :(

In real life you have to re-cast your line everytime you catch a fish... So it makes sense to be recasting your line whenever you catch a fish. It's not that big of a deal anyway, it just makes it more lifelike. :)

Wolfy is Officially Retired.

I miss you all (Well, mostly my friends n stuff)

If you want to talk to me, send me a message, I check the boards daily. :D

what are you crying about? go to rsc, catch 1k lobsters and then come here writing pointless threads.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

I don't really see what the problem is...does this actually affect how fast you catch the fish?

Yes, TONS

what are you crying about? go to rsc, catch 1k lobsters and then come here writing pointless threads.

Oh mai god... Way to go way off discussion! Cookie to you! hooray, hoopla go you! I am not playing rsc for a reason duh?

Jagex upgraded from rsc for a reason :wall:

jfkmk3.jpg

New sigzor^^

I don't really see what the problem is...does this actually affect how fast you catch the fish?

Yes, TONS

Oh mai god... Way to go way off discussion! Cookie to you! hooray, hoopla go you! I am not playing rsc for a reason duh?

and my point being: noobs cry about really small and unimportant things, when in rsc people enjoyed what they had and liked the game as it was- challenging.

So you want a discussion over why there is an extra line of text when you are baiting fish? it's simple- jagex designed it like that, just like everything else in runescape. everything in runescape is just like jagex designed it, and it is idiotic to discuss small details of the design.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

Yes, TONS

And another person leaked from the RSOF.... ive counted 6 so far <.<

Yes, TONS

and my point being: noobs cry about really small and unimportant things, when in rsc people enjoyed what they had and liked the game as it was- challenging.

So you want a discussion over why there is an extra line of text when you are baiting fish? it's simple- jagex designed it like that, just like everything else in runescape. everything in runescape is just like jagex designed it, and it is idiotic to discuss small details of the design.

The whole point of this freaking post is that it IS NOT JUST AN EXTRA LINE OF TEXT!

Gosh, can't you read? I guess you all just communicated through brain waves in rsc? - flame bait ftw? :?

But seriously, I wouldn't give a flaming muffin if it didn't effect the rate that i caught fish... The reason I am posting this is that it DOES effect the rate... your character stands up and then recasts the line again and again in a small amount of time... he thus spends more time casting then fishing which leads to slower loads which equals less fish...

jfkmk3.jpg

New sigzor^^

Jagex does that with everything to help prevent autoers... although now they are advanced ebnough to get away from it...

And since fly fishing in shilo village (trust me fly fish dont bait...) is basically the fastest fishing exp in the game (zybez reccomends it from 20 to 80 fishing), it would only make sense as to stop more frequently.

but lets say you go like 10 minutes without a single fish... that's probably a bug.

xp to me fishing is faster in RSC even though you have to click 1 million times

RSN: drgnslyer15

Drgnslyer15.png

15 skills 90+ - 10 skills 99 - 200m+ total exp