Are you a Happy Little Vegemite?

hiimben

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yum I just had some of that salty yeast extract with cheese.

igoddessIsig.png

The only people who tell you that you can't do something are those who have already given up on their own dreams so feel the need to discourage yours.

Yum I just had some of that salty yeast extract with cheese.
I couldn't quite get into the 'with cheese' thing.. maybe it was the cheese but it never tasted right.

Na I'm with Goddess. Nothing beats Vegemite and Cheese under the grill (Toasting the bread first and putting the vegemite and cheese on then sticking it under the grill). Its so good. =P~

Anyway Its an acquired Aussie taste. Not alot of foreigners like it usually.

I was amazed to find out, talking to Suzi one night, that Marmite actually came out first :P But Vegemite is still the real deal. I never understood where cheese came into the equation for a delicious sandwhich, don't get me wrong, I love my cheese, but hey, if it works for you, it's alright. :P

*pukes*

Didn't USA make it illegal or something also

heard that a long time ago.

Edit*

yepp..

http://au.news.yahoo.com/061022/23/110ep.html

That's weird, because Kraft, the company that make Vegemite, are American.

Anyway, I love vegemite.

My sister moved to Oregon with her husband, and she can't get Vegemite, Tim Tams, or good (Cadbury) chocolate anywhere!

So we have to send her some every month or two.

Cool.

Vegemite! It truly is something that you either love with a passion, or detest. Love it myself, ever tried it on dry weetbix? it's grand. Offtopic mildly, but one of the boarders in my house today broke the record for the most weetbix eaten for one breakfast.

Ready for it?

twenty-seven.

I no, crazy huh? that's a lot of fibre :lol:

jesus christ.. Plungers at the ready!

Tk5SF.png

Ive been having Vegemite for lunch at school since I've started school, 11 years now, still the best spread out there. Vegemite on toast is also awesome, I'm staying with Vegemite until I die :)

generatorae9.th.png

PLAYING HALO 3, BEST GAME EVER \:D/

Two words for the Aussies - PEANUT BUTTER.

:P

Weet-Bix looks like a big block of hashish. Reminds me of Shredded Mini-Wheats here in the states, though.

The popularity of any given religion today depends on the victories of the wars they fought in the past.

- Me!

No one has told me yet if Pop-Tarts are banned in Australia or not :?: i heard they were.

And has anyone tried this? :P

vegemite_toast_crunch.jpg

I hope that is a freakin' Photoshop.

The popularity of any given religion today depends on the victories of the wars they fought in the past.

- Me!

They had the popular "In a Biscuit!" range, which is just flavoured biscuits. I believe it had the right vegemite to bread ratio, It smelt as strong as vegemite when you opened the box, but it tasted less concentrated.

Speaking of Weet-Bix, I tend to, when I have it, Put about 3-4 Blocks, and crunch up 2-3 inbetween them, then add milk and sugar, I don't know why, it's just always how I've done it, and adding the sugar makes it easier to go down for me. :P

Haha, vegimite! Disgusting stuff!

I have a friend who has family down under so visited them a summer ago and brought back the stuff (excuse me, smuggled it back.) I tried a little drop of it on a saltine and even then it was disgusting. I can't describe the stuff, I just remember it was disgusting and extremely strong. It didn't look so hot either.

PDM

I've had 3 vegemite sandwiches today. 8-)

It's an artform to make a good vegemite sandwich. The spread of both butter and vegemite must be equal and to the very crust. To achieve an equal spread and avoid clumping, take the desired quantity of vegemite on the knife and scrape on the lip of the jar to soften prior to application. Spread equally onto the butter and ensure a sufficient combination of the two to again avoid clumping and to assure an equal spread.

There ya go, condiment application processes 101. :XD: :P

I've had 3 vegemite sandwiches today. 8-)

It's an artform to make a good vegemite sandwich. The spread of both butter and vegemite must be equal and to the very crust. To achieve an equal spread and avoid clumping, take the desired quantity of vegemite on the knife and scrape on the lip of the jar to soften prior to application. Spread equally onto the butter and ensure a sufficient combination of the two to again avoid clumping and to assure an equal spread.

There ya go, condiment application processes 101. :XD: :P

Now, having toast in my opinion is different. You need to spread heaps of butter on while the toast is hot so that your piece of toast is smothered in butter. Then you smear over the vegemite in little patches.

=Yum

newsigzl2.jpg

^Sir Jem 05-The Bunny Drinking Blog?^ Click it!

tetsupportsig2.jpg