The God Sword in Action (Pics Inside)

muggiwhplar

All you people who are screaming "overpowered" are forgetting something.

These are just pics. Sure it can do this much damage, but how often can someone use a special? Not that often. How much slower is this sword than a whip? Its 2 handed which means although it has higher str, youre losing whatever bonus from your left handed item and a significant amount of speed. Jagex has historically done very poorly making 2h swords worthy of the 2 slots they take up. Before you say its overpowered you need to see it in a video tested against a whip. Against a person with a full load of food, if your special doesnt kill them with this weapon you could be just as much of a target as they are.

Why is it that people only consider the power of a new weapon vs other players and not NPCs?

Exactly! =D>

I have one question: The hilts are interchangeable... but, does this mean you need 80 smithing to change them or can you just "use saradomin hilt with godsword"?

Nice pics btw, lovin it! only the richest and most powerful people in runescape can get it really! 8-) not me though lol :P

army_baby180.jpg

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

holy crap!!!

Looks like hp totals might have to rise... but then hpp xp might get nerfed once you get 99 hp?

just regular 54... :ohnoes: :ohnoes: :ohnoes: :ohnoes: :ohnoes:

doesnt even matter if its slow... their food will be wasted so fast...

I wonder if it will get nurfed.

No, this is here and it's purpose is destroy everything in it's way! If Jagex nerf it, it will be the stupidest thing they could possibly do! Imagine a million times worse than the incident where some idiot walked into Jagex one day and said we need to create The Ditch of Stupidity! This update was made to lure back in all the high level players who quit, will be pointless if they then nerf it.

That is WAY to over powered...i mean 72? that can almost kill almost everyone below level 80 or so! :shock:
Hows it over powered, if your lvl 80 and fighting some one with 95 str thats holding a godsword you DESERVE to be killed.

If you're fighting someone with a GS you deserve to be killed PERIOD. He can 2 hit ANYONE!!! ZOMFGZORZBBQOFDOOMITSCRAZYMANIMASKURREDRUNAWAY!!!

...WOW!!!

Lewagold2Sig2.jpg

^Clicky for Q Cape Blog^

MY SIGGIE AND BANNER SHOP

I can't see why they'd nerf the godsword. Sure it's powerful but being as rare as it is currently may mean it stays relatively rare for quite a while and simply won't be used for pking as that's ALOT to lose! Sure it would be bit annoying in CW or something where there's a slim chance you get killed in around 3 hits but who cares about dying in CW.

And if it's used in duelling and people don't like it they'll simply request 'no godsword' duels <.<

wildxyak.png

99: Agility 28/12/14|Thieving 20/03/15

2 words: castle wars!!!It would be hilarious :lol:

oh ya by the way theres gonna be wars over this seriously.. if u have a godsword ppl will create huge clans to kill u for it. lol I'm not sure if anyone's caught on that the person who started this post doesnt have a godsword. It's somebody named underliner

range- 69/70 ~ currently poor but with good stuff

strength- 64/70 ~go461-combat 71~

And it IS NOT overpowered. First of all, the sword takes HUNDREDS of hours to get. Second of all, if you're level 80 against a level 120, you deserve to get 1hitted. Its a GODsword for crying out loud.

I disagree with both your points here.

First off, in a MMORPG game balance should always be much more important than the time or effort to get an item. The newly released items (godsword, dark bow) are getting too much KO power to a point that pking is more about a lucky first (and final) hit than any form of strategy or tactics. Surely, that can't be a good thing?

Secondly, a lvl80 surely does NOT deserve to get 1 hitted by anyone. In wildy, a lvl 80 deserves to get owned by a lvl120, but should have some kind of chance to escape. 1 hitting is game over. Nobody enjoys that, not the attacker, and certainly not the target.

AMEN.

http://rsdo.net/sigs/users/s/sharkeater75.png

126 combat. 2001 total. 101 prayer. and off to go WoWin.

WHEEE NO MORE RANDOMS!!!! -.-

of course, no one in the right mind would get skulled with something so valueble.

Why? o_O There's always protect item. ;)

There's also smite. And sometimes you will lose it, if you run out of prayer right before you die. It happens with whips (people do get whip pks) so it will happen with this.

In Soviet Russia, glass eats OTers.

Alansson Alansson, woo woo woo!

Pink owns yes, just like you!

GOOOOOOOOOO ALAN! WOO!

And it IS NOT overpowered. First of all, the sword takes HUNDREDS of hours to get. Second of all, if you're level 80 against a level 120, you deserve to get 1hitted. Its a GODsword for crying out loud.

I disagree with both your points here.

First off, in a MMORPG game balance should always be much more important than the time or effort to get an item. The newly released items (godsword, dark bow) are getting too much KO power to a point that pking is more about a lucky first (and final) hit than any form of strategy or tactics. Surely, that can't be a good thing?

Secondly, a lvl80 surely does NOT deserve to get 1 hitted by anyone. In wildy, a lvl 80 deserves to get owned by a lvl120, but should have some kind of chance to escape. 1 hitting is game over. Nobody enjoys that, not the attacker, and certainly not the target.

Very much agree with your first point. About the second one: I agree that in the theoretical optimal environment for any MMORPG nobody should be able to get 1hitted by just a lucky hit. Cmon, the guy with the GS could also have hit a 0 on his first hit. But you should be able to be get 1hit by logical tactics. Although that sounds, and is, pure theory. I dont think any MMORPG could make that perfect.

ltjemightyro9.png

Retired.

of course, no one in the right mind would get skulled with something so valueble.

Why? o_O There's always protect item. ;)

There's also smite. And sometimes you will lose it, if you run out of prayer right before you die. It happens with whips (people do get whip pks) so it will happen with this.

People will still pk with it, the same way people pk in dragonfire shield. They take what they're willing to lose, and some people are rich enough to pk in stuff like that. Dragon teams and clans like Aggresion pk in 15m gear etc, but the odds of someone killing one of them AND getting out with the loot is very slim (although it still happens).

IMO though, from watching the video that was posted of the godsword in action, it's so ridiculously slow and could only be used for KO. Dscim (or whip if you're willing to lose it) then Godsword KO.

lanthuscg3.png

So whats the general consensus on the best godsword? Bandos?

that or armdyl. personally armdyl would probably be best if your going to just use the spec on a player. and want to get some real damage done near the end of a fight.

how ever bandos at the beginning..

i would say sara and zammy are a bit less of a pvp sword then bandos and arm's. but still sara could be good for monster fighting and zammy good for running away lol.

good luck buying/slaying for 1 man.

holy crap!!!

Looks like hp totals might have to rise... but then hpp xp might get nerfed once you get 99 hp?

just regular 54... :ohnoes: :ohnoes: :ohnoes: :ohnoes: :ohnoes:

doesnt even matter if its slow... their food will be wasted so fast...

or they could change it so your armor takes a certain ammount of dammage before your hp takes hits...and after your fight you have to "fix" the armor like barrows armor.

Americans love to fight. All real Americans love the sting of battle.

George S. Patton

1242631666.png