The God Sword in Action (Pics Inside)

muggiwhplar

Thats insane! Thanks for those pics.

seriously, nice pics

and ouch, overpowered much?

*cough* Dds *cough*

exactly, if they didn't [bleep] up the combat "triangle" enough yet, they sure did now.

ice super duper duper special, finish with dds.

Jagex forgot the meaning of balance.

http://rsdo.net/sigs/users/s/sharkeater75.png

126 combat. 2001 total. 101 prayer. and off to go WoWin.

WHEEE NO MORE RANDOMS!!!! -.-

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is WAY to over powered...i mean 72? that can almost kill almost everyone below level 80 or so! :shock:
Hows it over powered, if your lvl 80 and fighting some one with 95 str thats holding a godsword you DESERVE to be killed.

oh yeah? what about lvl 80s with the godsword?

impressive hits, but i dont think itll get nerfed.

as far as i can tell, the hilt and shards are all extremely hard to get, and getting all three+chosen hilt costs a hefty sum.

unlike the other nerfed weapons (barrelchest anchor, whip, d scimmy(?))

this will remain to be an uncommon weapon, where the other nerfed stuff involved killing only one hardish monster for a quest with an effectively 100% drop.

the exception is a whip, but im sure they must be coming into the game at 1 or more an hour with the amount of 85+ slayers.

compare this to the godsword, where you have to kill a large number of hard monsters and be very lucky 4 times to get the sword without buyng it...

phaper.png

killing off the TET, one newb at a time :^_^:

latestsig-1.png

im cutting back on rs now due to rl issues (college), my sig stats havent been updated in a while...

impressive hits, but i dont think itll get nerfed.

as far as i can tell, the hilt and shards are all extremely hard to get, and getting all three+chosen hilt costs a hefty sum.

unlike the other nerfed weapons (barrelchest anchor, whip, d scimmy(?))

this will remain to be an uncommon weapon, where the other nerfed stuff involved killing only one hardish monster for a quest with an effectively 100% drop.

the exception is a whip, but im sure they must be coming into the game at 1 or more an hour with the amount of 85+ slayers.

compare this to the godsword, where you have to kill a large number of hard monsters and be very lucky 4 times to get the sword without buyng it...

more than 1 whip an hour, try like 100 pluss

That is WAY to over powered...i mean 72? that can almost kill almost everyone below level 80 or so! :shock:
Hows it over powered, if your lvl 80 and fighting some one with 95 str thats holding a godsword you DESERVE to be killed.

oh yeah? what about lvl 80s with the godsword?

A lvl 88 with it hitting enough to ko some one his lvl will have to have prayer so low that he risks it every time he takes it out.

lol, itll never be nerfed. after all, you gotta spend millions to buy the pieces of it, or dozens of hours getting them yourself. i think its worth the effort.

awesome screenie though. man, that'd be a sweet pking weapon. of course, no one in the right mind would get skulled with something so valueble.

Surely, The God Sword would protect over every item in the game?

Question is, do you keep a hilt in the sword, or does that drop and you just get left with the sword..

Surely, The God Sword would protect over every item in the game?

Question is, do you keep a hilt in the sword, or does that drop and you just get left with the sword..

i have a feeling that, skulled or not, you would instantly become a flashing beacon for every pker within a mile if you so much as stood next to the wildy with that thing...

if you go pking with one, youre bound to get mobbed soon after becoming skulled. despite being a one hitter against any 'honorable' pker, a faster rush of smite + dds specs will take you down and your 'protect item' prayer with it.

and secondly, i think if you die with the sword, it would stay in one peice for the lucky [cabbage] who just killed you. a d-fire sheild or the d-square doent break apart when you lose it, so i doubt the all-powerful god sword would :P

phaper.png

killing off the TET, one newb at a time :^_^:

latestsig-1.png

im cutting back on rs now due to rl issues (college), my sig stats havent been updated in a while...

And it IS NOT overpowered. First of all, the sword takes HUNDREDS of hours to get. Second of all, if you're level 80 against a level 120, you deserve to get 1hitted. Its a GODsword for crying out loud.

I disagree with both your points here.

First off, in a MMORPG game balance should always be much more important than the time or effort to get an item. The newly released items (godsword, dark bow) are getting too much KO power to a point that pking is more about a lucky first (and final) hit than any form of strategy or tactics. Surely, that can't be a good thing?

Secondly, a lvl80 surely does NOT deserve to get 1 hitted by anyone. In wildy, a lvl 80 deserves to get owned by a lvl120, but should have some kind of chance to escape. 1 hitting is game over. Nobody enjoys that, not the attacker, and certainly not the target.

phata_elise.png

And it IS NOT overpowered. First of all, the sword takes HUNDREDS of hours to get. Second of all, if you're level 80 against a level 120, you deserve to get 1hitted. Its a GODsword for crying out loud.

I disagree with both your points here.

First off, in a MMORPG game balance should always be much more important than the time or effort to get an item. The newly released items (godsword, dark bow) are getting too much KO power to a point that pking is more about a lucky first (and final) hit than any form of strategy or tactics. Surely, that can't be a good thing?

Secondly, a lvl80 surely does NOT deserve to get 1 hitted by anyone. In wildy, a lvl 80 deserves to get owned by a lvl120, but should have some kind of chance to escape. 1 hitting is game over. Nobody enjoys that, not the attacker, and certainly not the target.

In the current version of rs you NEED a 1-3 hit kill, or they just escape, some chance of escape? prayer, teleport, running, logging, its almost impossible to gte a kill on some one who doesnt stay arround and fight.

The pker is risking 40+ million also, i think the risk far outways the reward, as soon as i get one im pking with it thogh :D

Sick! :shock:

Bye bye P2P pkilling?

POG3.jpg

Pretty much what Dragon said.

Thread terminated.

I guess that means I'm the thread Terminator?

No Tip.Iters were harmed in the making of this post.

great googley-moogely... =P~ =P~ =P~

amazing pics =D>

-runs out to train att-

this would rock if you staked like with full rune and a rune skim, stake 1m then pull that baby out BAM! you get 1m lol :twisted: <3:

I wonder if it will get nurfed.

i'm guessing there are very few god swords around right now...and it's been out for a day now.

The godsword can ONLY be created by getting 3 shards from rediculously insane monsters, then smithing it together, and you need 80 for that. IT SHOULD be this strong...But its speed is the only downfall.

Will be great for just training overall, CW, Fight Pits, PVP stuff (NO WILDY) and showing off :o

That's intense though!

All you people who are screaming "overpowered" are forgetting something.

These are just pics. Sure it can do this much damage, but how often can someone use a special? Not that often. How much slower is this sword than a whip? Its 2 handed which means although it has higher str, youre losing whatever bonus from your left handed item and a significant amount of speed. Jagex has historically done very poorly making 2h swords worthy of the 2 slots they take up. Before you say its overpowered you need to see it in a video tested against a whip. Against a person with a full load of food, if your special doesnt kill them with this weapon you could be just as much of a target as they are.

Why is it that people only consider the power of a new weapon vs other players and not NPCs?

This thread is "important" so everyone blatenly forgets that one of yours pics says Goddamn in it. 8-)

Last time I did they PMSed all over my face and locked my topic.

Cool stuff I guess, nothing that concernes me other than potentially lower/higher prices on things.

IrreIephant.png

|Msg me me in-game | IrreIephant|

^ capital i