the least updated skill

iceharwk

what im trying to ask here is what skill do you think is the least updated skill or has less advantages than others

IMO it would probably be mining on both cases

i hardly ever see worthwhile updates for mining and everys number 1 suggestion for mining of d pick has never been fulfilled

also mining doesnt have anyoutside skill effects except for quests many other skills do infact i think all skills do maybe some things we dont really realise

so what r ur opinions

jack_harwk.png

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mining, but it' s actually complete. All it needs is a dragon pickaxe and it' s done, when runecrafting is not even complete. There are still blood and soul runes and altars to be made, BUT, we can' t mine black, so maybe we won' t be able to craft bloods and souls.

RSN:Mico1311 Combat: 82 Highest skill: Fishing 75 Playing time: From around August 2003

The guy in my avatar is Veso, a comedian mastermind.

Yeah, I think its probably mining. I haven't ever seen a content update for it just the emote change, but I guess that construction impacted it pretty big. Really though I don't see what there is to be updated, except for dragon pick.

"Nothing in life is permanent, not even our troubles."-Charlie Chaplin.

userbarunorbv1.png

A vastly improved guild would be great; I think that and the dragon pick are the two most-requested updates for mining, but unless they make a new Dragon ore (and a subsequent Smithing update), I, too don't see how mining can be really improved.

Also, having multi-ore rocks wouldn't work for a lot of reasons.

cube347.jpg

Part of the Star Traks network. (^^Clicky!)

Irony: An amnesiac rediscovering they have an eidetic memory.

Well for skill status i believe mining is one that hasnt been updated in awhile, i think they should add more rune ore locations

For combat i think magic look at the godwars oh wow we get a steam staff worth 1.5m then they get a melee sword costing 70m today

Range gear not sure how much that is atm.

Mage is for life,

not just for christmas

Firemaking, Mining, and Woodcutting all don't get update too much. They don't really need updates either. You can mine pretty much everything you need to be able to mine. In firemaking... It doesn't even need updates to get better :wink: And woodcutting already has every kind of axe there is, and a high level tree for good woodcutters to get money off of.

Mining, but it' s actually complete. All it needs is a dragon pickaxe and it' s done, when runecrafting is not even complete. There are still blood and soul runes and altars to be made, BUT, we can' t mine black, so maybe we won' t be able to craft bloods and souls.

there will be souls and bloods there are hints about it in game. and there are rifts in the abyss

1-800slayer.png

Retired after 2 accounts and 8 years of scapin...2 accounts over 2,000 total...may my life rest in peace

Brawl Code:5327-0581-3706

mining is the least updated one.

regarding dragon ore, would that not be silly? i mean runite, adamantite and mithril are natural metals that occur in the rocks in rs world. how would dragon ore come to be there in first place? maybe a dragon died and its bones fossilized and got incorporated into a rock?

plus 99 smithing = rune plates. we cant go any higher than that.

The mining guild is something that can be improved. How about adding more mithril, 4 addys and a bunch of iron? or as someone else suggested here, a separate section for 75+ with some addy.

100% F2P

85 Mining achieved on Dec 4, 2007

85 Smithing achieved on May 28, 2009

anim7.png

mining is the least updated one.

regarding dragon ore, would that not be silly? i mean runite, adamantite and mithril are natural metals that occur in the rocks in rs world.

Adamant and mithril are not real rocks, they are stolen from Lord Of The Rings. Also, originally in LOTR, adamant is a gem, not an ore.(it's what one of the three lesser rings is made of)

I agree with your update to the mining guild, high level mining needs adn update.

2153_s.gif

When a true genius appears in the world, you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him. ~Jonathan Swift

userbar_full.png

Website Updates/Corrections here. WE APPRECIATE YOUR INPUT! Crewbie's Missions!Contributor of the Day!

Thanks to artists: Destro3979, Guthix121, Shivers21, and Unoalexi.

regarding dragon ore, would that not be silly? i mean runite, adamantite and mithril are natural metals that occur in the rocks in rs world. how would dragon ore come to be there in first place? maybe a dragon died and its bones fossilized and got incorporated into a rock?

Yeah, the dragon ore comment was meant to be a silly/sarcastic idea to point out there's really nothing truly new to add to mining; just tweaks and upgrades to existing content. I probly should have added a fake [/sarcasm] tag to make that clearer. Sorry... :oops:

cube347.jpg

Maybe a mini-game that gives mining exp, or a secondary method to get exp in mining.

I think firemaking needs an update badly, a lot more badly than mining, it has one use, the pyre logs, and that's it. Building a fire is just not useful, with banks already very close to ranges and perm. fires.

2480+ total

it just occurred to me that if they're gonna add dragon ore (which I do not believe they are) they'd need to add levels above 99, since smithing already has certain rune objects only available at 99, the only skill besides construction to have that feature.

craggyp.png

craggyp.png

i have been playing rs for a good 5 years now and seen loads of updates including cw, farming, slayer, construction (POH), hunter, barrows along with a very good 100% increase in quests, aoumers, weapons and areas to visit

now to the point, there has been 2 updates that i know off for mining, first if you can mine lime stone and granite and second is the animation

so as far as i know mining is the least updated skill i know, even the useless skill got more stuf to burn

the one with the least advantage has got to be fire making just think you get to the kq with your 99 fm and try and burn it to death realy, this skill is just in the game for total level well done you set a log on fire -.-

Adamant and mithril are not real rocks, they are stolen from Lord Of The Rings. Also, originally in LOTR, adamant is a gem, not an ore.(it's what one of the three lesser rings is made of)

I agree with your update to the mining guild, high level mining needs adn update.

Adamant

basically, it's just a hard gem comparable with diamond.

Mithril was taken from LOTR, but in the past 50 years, it is commonplace in many MMORPGs.

nh.jpg

Rofl. Why you all talking of mining? FIREMAKING. Obvious enough, don't give a thought about mining, it's not the least updated, and it doesn't need it as badly as fm.

Where have you been the last few years? Fm has had plenty of updates; funeral pyres, those funky colored firestarters from treasure trails, new logs. In all that time, mining got ... limestone and granite for construction? Whoopdie-flipping-do. Heck, even fm's "sister" skill, woodcutting, got it's Dragon item. Miners are still waiting for our dragon picks, not to mention mining's sister skill smithing hasn't gotten squat since claws were released (unless hunter added some new smithable items...I lost my membership just after hunter was released).

So, mining ftw. Or, ftl as the case may be...

cube347.jpg

Where have you been the last few years? Fm has had plenty of updates; funeral pyres, those funky colored firestarters from treasure trails, new logs.

How ridiculous. Funeral pyres are useless. Nobody does it because it's not profitable(splitbark is way down), it's not good exp, it's a frigging waste of time. Funked colorered firestarters have nothing to do with firemaking, it's for fun, it has absolutely no use, nor makes people gain exp. New logs? What, construction logs? Oh sure, I'm going to burn my expensive teak and magohanies? ....

God, why the hell do I have to deal with these idiots?

Your dragon pick is as revelant as saying that melee is incomplete without a dragon plate. Atleast mining has a frigging use! FM DOESN'T. PEOPLE GO TO ROGUES DEN, OR ANY OTHER RANGE.

I'd say smithing is the least updated skill, since out of all the things you can make the only things profitable are ranged equipment...

Mining is also pretty close, since for a while most of the updates to it have actually been downdates (the new emote noticeably slowed down mining, especially iron).

And then third on my list is FM, because it's the simplest and most linear thing I have ever seen. All you do is burn tens of thousands of logs.

It's really annoying that Jagex seems to have their "favorite" skills that they update over the "unfavored" ones. Why the hell do we need more dragon weapons when we don't even have a simple pickaxe?

Where have you been the last few years? Fm has had plenty of updates; funeral pyres, those funky colored firestarters from treasure trails, new logs.

How ridiculous. Funeral pyres are useless. Nobody does it because it's not profitable(splitbark is way down), it's not good exp, it's a frigging waste of time. Funked colorered firestarters have nothing to do with firemaking, it's for fun, it has absolutely no use, nor makes people gain exp. New logs? What, construction logs? Oh sure, I'm going to burn my expensive teak and magohanies? ....

God, why the hell do I have to deal with these idiots?

Your dragon pick is as revelant as saying that melee is incomplete without a dragon plate. Atleast mining has a frigging use! FM DOESN'T. PEOPLE GO TO ROGUES DEN, OR ANY OTHER RANGE.

This is about the quantity of updates,not the quality.

But back to the actual topic well what about agility,has that been updated other that the new shortcut to the God Wars area? If not Hitpoints would be the least updated skill,has it ever been updated?

bannerbancocopiadj3.jpg

Wait, my friend said he got a keylogger and lyke he coudln't type, so I assumed it messed up his hands?

Congratulations, you just advanced 1 Idiocy level!

Can anyone name a useful use for firemaking? Don't tell me pyre logs, because that's hardly useful, no profit, and no exp.

well, there are plenty of banks near trees without ranges...

it fits with the roleplaying element of the game possibly, and pyre ships.

i'd say hitpoints is the least updated.

I'd have to say smithing During my 5 years of Runescape it's had 1-2 updates :o

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012