New Wildy Combat Update Affecting Abyss Crafting?

Dr_Locust

From Runescape.com News:

A small change has been made to single-way combat in the Wilderness. Player-vs-player combat now takes precedence over monster fighting, meaning that anyone in battle with a creature can still be attacked by another player. Before, a player could fight another player, run away, enter combat with a creature, and stop the other player from attacking them. All other single-way combat rules still apply, with only one player able to attack you at a time, and only one creature able to attack at any time.

Doesn't this change in Attack Priority affect abyss runecrafters?

Many of them use skeletons as "cover" while running into the abyss to avoid those nasty pkers attacking them. Now abyss rc pkers have an easier time killing runecrafters? Is that true? :(

Thanks for positing in the thread, you guys bring up valid points.

-It's the wilderness, so anything goes!

-This change may have been made to counterbalance the runecrafting update coming out later this month

-It sure helps with pking Green Dragon bots (Hell yeah! :P)

Less flaming, more discussion please.

Dr Locust <-- Click for my blog...

Dr_Locust.png

+2000 Total, PhD in Questing, Woodcutting, Agility, Thieving, and Firemaking

67njlaf.jpg

Probably, but it is the wilderness. Who knows this could be the counterbalance to a new rcing update, maybe with bloods! The point of the Abyss was to make rcing fast, but with dangers. Risk and reward.

2153_s.gif

When a true genius appears in the world, you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him. ~Jonathan Swift

userbar_full.png

Website Updates/Corrections here. WE APPRECIATE YOUR INPUT! Crewbie's Missions!Contributor of the Day!

Thanks to artists: Destro3979, Guthix121, Shivers21, and Unoalexi.

I'm not sure how it will effect rcing (which I really doubt it will), but killing green drag autoers will be pretty easy now :thumbsup: \'<3: .

sig2-3.jpg

Three months banishment to 9gag is something i would never wish upon anybody, not even my worst enemy.

complain complain complain, until everyone argues about every training aspect and making money aspect in the wilderness at the sametime (rune mining etc) which still doesnt make sense since its the wilderness and its supposed to have risk for you to be in there, then i especially wont care.

Bbc_3.gif

4000000657th to 99 cookin

555555406th to 99 flethcin

yeah, it's gonna get harder to get past those pkers now

but what's really gonna get harder now is green dragon slaying

Piscis_Rex.png

99.99999998465% of the world's population is not me, if you are the 0.00000001535% that is me, put this in you signature

-"being famous is like being a woman, if you have to tell people you are, you aren't"

Meh, I never use the skeles for safety and I survive easily enough. Its not like its impossible to RC without the skeletons there; you'll just have to be a bit more savvy.

By The Way Capitalising Every Word Of Your Title Is Neither Big Nor Clever.

Yeah this been happening for a week. But now that it's announced..expect more people to try to get glories (lame I know) or pwnt people like how they pk in Wilderness Agility Course ( -.- ).

Just bring a Saradomin Brew (4).

I got a question though. If they teleblock you..does echopial or teleport crystal work?

By The Way Capitalising Every Word Of Your Title Is Neither Big Nor Clever.

I wasn't trying to be clever, the Stickys and Announcement threads are capitalized (just as titles usually are).

Stay on topic and keep snide remarks to yourself, thanks. ;)

Dr Locust <-- Click for my blog...

Dr_Locust.png

+2000 Total, PhD in Questing, Woodcutting, Agility, Thieving, and Firemaking

67njlaf.jpg

The only thing this update will change is X-logging, autoer killing and Mage Arena. Unless you walk to the abyss. you out run the skeles after 1-2 hits. It'll be such a pain to do Mage Arena on Noes.

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

They need to put some green dragon's somewhere else than the wildy :/

There are Brutal Greens at Barb place. But they're a high level I'm pretty sure.

Ooh, I just thought. What if Jagex made the Brutal Greens outside of wildy in preperation for this update. :shock: I could be wrong though...

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

They need to put some green dragon's somewhere else than the wildy :/

There are Brutal Greens at Barb place. But they're a high level I'm pretty sure.

Ooh, I just thought. What if Jagex made the Brutal Greens outside of wildy in preperation for this update. :shock: I could be wrong though...

Normal greens pls.

Check out my blog at:

viewtopic.php?f=98&t=749756

Still alive and kicking turoths! :D