Fast Food Nation - What goes into your burger?

Kill_Thomas9

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, what do you expect? Meat comes from Cows and Animals, not the magical meat fairy or whatever. Of course they're gonna kill it. I dont need a YouTube video to prove it, either.

So..what exactly is the point of this, to show how disgusting the insides of a dead animal are? To gross us out because they kill animals? It's a fact of life..meat comes from living creatures. So for us to eat meat, creatures must die. I don't see whats so disgusting.

Yes. I just dont see why killing cows like this is fine, but if I put up a movie of a dog processing factory, the topic would be flammed and locked in just a few minutes.

Yeah, what do you expect? Meat comes from Cows and Animals, not the magical meat fairy or whatever. Of course they're gonna kill it. I dont need a YouTube video to prove it, either.

So..what exactly is the point of this, to show how disgusting the insides of a dead animal are? To gross us out because they kill animals? It's a fact of life..meat comes from living creatures. So for us to eat meat, creatures must die. I don't see whats so disgusting.

Yes. I just dont see why killing cows like this is fine, but if I put up a movie of a dog processing factory, the topic would be flammed and locked in just a few minutes.

Simply because of today's morals and our history of cows vs. dogs.

In most places, the cow has become cattle, used for various purposes, whilst the dog was domesticated to be mans best friend, and is only eatin in a few countries.

mergedliongr0xe9.gif

Sig by Ikurai

Your Guide to Posting! Behave or I will send my Moose mounted Beaver launchers at you!

Simply because of today's morals and our history of cows vs. dogs.

In most places, the cow has become cattle, used for various purposes, whilst the dog was domesticated to be mans best friend, and is only eatin in a few countries.

Actually, most places (Asia not included) regard the cow as a much more "important" animal than the dog. Many places actually eat dogs more often than cows.

Edit: This is not the point of this topic, so lets try not to discuss it.

Doesn't really concern me anyways. I only eat fast food when I drive across the state, and I usually only eat Sonic. Sonic has good meat, if I even get beef.

Untitled.png

My heart is broken by the terrible loss I have sustained in my old friends and companions and my poor soldiers. Believe me, nothing except a battle lost can be half so melancholy as a battle won. -Sir Arthur Wellesley

It's a lethal injection. It's better than just shooting them, or killing them by hand or something. And yes, a Dog Processing factory would be flamed. I'm not sure about Locked though. It's because most, if not all, people on this forum do not live in a country where they regularly eat dog meat like we do cattle.

I'm sure in places where cows are considered sacred beings, they raise other sources of food like we do cattle..

The+Adaminator.png

69827172ou0.jpg

i some how doubt the legicmity of this video

It's definately how it's done, my brother had to work in one for a day (doing phone networking, lol :P) and he described it be almost exactly how it's being done in the video. And yes, in most cases they're still alive when the throat is cut.

I do think that there should be more 'humane' ways of doing things, but in todays world this is just how things work, people would rather have a job done quickly than let an animal have a more peaceful death. It's not going to stop me from eating meat though, certain things need to be done for us to eat, unfortunately this is one of them.

Dork.jpeg

Sig And Avatar by Tripsis - 99 Slayer Blog - My Pyramid Plunder Guide

Owner of Fire Cape since 28-09-2005 - 426th to 99 Strength

I'm still going to be eating meat. :)

What people should be saying about meat is to not to eat the fast food meat. Seriously, do you people know what goes into the McDonald's cheese burgers? They're like 1,000 calories or like half of your daily calories. Don't get me started on the baconator from Wendy's.

I prefer a nice barbecued burger cooked on a grill, or a nice steak :). I'm not a health nut but I don't like eating piles of slop either.

goldenblade995.png

I love how there are more topics on animals rights than humans rights on this forum. Priorities, people.

Couldn't have put it better myself :-k .

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

What people should be saying about meat is to not to eat the fast food meat. Seriously, do you people know what goes into the McDonald's cheese burgers? They're like 1,000 calories or like half of your daily calories. Don't get me started on the baconator from Wendy's.

I prefer a nice barbecued burger cooked on a grill, or a nice steak :). I'm not a health nut but I don't like eating piles of slop either.

I have to agree. I can get a half pound of ground meat to a 200 calorie burger on a grill. The trick is actual grilling instead of using a flat skillet.

Untitled.png

My heart is broken by the terrible loss I have sustained in my old friends and companions and my poor soldiers. Believe me, nothing except a battle lost can be half so melancholy as a battle won. -Sir Arthur Wellesley

I stopped eating fast food burgers a long time ago because I discovered it was much tastier if I just made one myself. And it makes me feel much less like crap. I used to get a rock in my gut every time I ate fast food.

Besides, what they picture on the commercials and their menus is a far cry from what they actually give you. Last time I ate at taco bell I ordered the tacos supreme because I thought they looked good, but all that I got was crappy beef in a stale taco shell, some lettuce, and some cheese. Where's the tomatoes, sour cream, and guacamole, eh? Same deal with the burgers.

:( aww.... I like the baconators. =P~

Hey you might wanna check your facts. There is no way the McDonald's cheese burger is 1000 calories as the Wendy's baconator is only 830 calories. I just googled it and the McDonald's cheeseburger is only 295 calories...

OT: This video doesnt really put me off at all. I don't really eat any fastfood burgers very often...

sig5235ro7.jpg

Animals are ment to be killed and eatin.

That idiotic mentality is exactly why people don't care what these animals are suffering through. Animals weren't put on this Earth just so we could eat them. They aren't here for us, they're here with us. Just because we have thumbs doesn't give us the right to completely destroy everything in our path. <.<

Right about now I'm craving a big mac.. Thanks for making me think of that ::'

Yah. Thats the main reason why I made this. I went to McDonalds today with my friend, and only got the apple pie like usual, while she ordered her third pounder beef patty. This made me think of this when I got home.

I get the apple pies to! (Though i'm vegetarian, so I have no choice)

Many celebrities have gone to meat factories like this and as a result became vegetarians, or take Buckey(sp?) Lasek for example, he went vegan after he went inside.

There are only 2 things fake about this video:

The girl and manager were acting.

The shot to the head doesn't always kill the cow.

The cow didn't really look dead when they were cutting it though...

The bolt gun is to knock the cow out not kill it, the slitting of the throat kills the cow. Video doesn't bother me to be honest, if you really want to see something sick only a human dieing is enough to count as sick to me (JFK doesn't really count seen as you barely see anything). I always eat chicken when I go to McDonalds anyway, McChicken Premiere=omg, i tried one the other day its so good.

sigggyjv2.gif

Sig by me....

Animals weren't put on this Earth just so we could eat them.

By that logic we wouldn't be eating any vegetation, either. :-s

Just because we have thumbs doesn't give us the right to completely destroy everything in our path.

Most of us aren't trying to destroy the world or it's inhabitants. Rather, we are farming various resources for our own personal benefit.

Nothing more than cultural differences. Another example is with drugs: mods are iffy when they see topics on marijuana because TIF follows Western cultures. Marijuana isn't culturally accepted in a lot of Western cities.

Hey you might wanna check your facts. There is no way the McDonald's cheese burger is 1000 calories as the Wendy's baconator is only 830 calories. I just googled it and the McDonald's cheeseburger is only 295 calories...

OT: This video doesnt really put me off at all. I don't really eat any fastfood burgers very often...

Right so everybody who eats at Mcdonald's only has a single cheeseburger. I have seen people get 2 Big Macs and eat them both. The fries too.

It's not all about the calories too, theres huge amounts of fat in them too.

goldenblade995.png

:lol: My philosophy on eating meat or animals is

"If they wanted not to be eaten they should have formed civilizations on Earth first."

:-k Hmm....Maybe I'll grow super cows :-k Imagine you coming near it with a rifle and then....it takes out a 12 gauge shotgun and blows your head off :lol:

O:) Now imagine me releasing them into McDonalds ::'