Increase runescape resolution (make it look bigger)

Spoiboy

Just gonna put here what i posted on rs forums:

With the progress of computers lately, the screen resolution has increased a bit, making everything else looking clearer, but smaller. Some programs adjust to this, but runescape isn't one of them... yet?

I know the resolution is based on the most popular screen resolution of 800*600 pixels, and i really enjoyed playing it in that size, but that was like 7 years ago. It looked as if it was full screen. But these days, the client only takes like 1/4th of the screen, which makes it looks as one of those simple puzzle games people play at work

Runescape is, in my opinion, one of the top MMORPG games. So why not make the best out of it and increase the viewable size?

I'm not meaning that you have to enlarge the whole interface so that you can see like half of the world, cause that wouldn't be fair to other players with lower resolutions, but just give players an option before they load the client if they want to play it in a larger size as if they were playing on a lower resolution. This option can be put on with a checkbox or so, like you are able to choose the type of java applet, and can be easily remembered by using cookies like you do with the server filters.

Dunno for sure if other players will know what i'm talking about, cause it's a bit technical, but i'm sure they have the same needs

thanks for reading,

Spoiboy

if you agree, support here: Quick find code: 24-25-73-51611461

Some people still use is older resolution, so it wouldn't be fair for them to have to scroll around just to see the other end of their screen.

If you want it screen to be bigger increase your screen resolution. Most browsers also have the full screen feature. That would help also.

I just switch it to 800*600 and turn on full screen mode.

Thats the best..........

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

I 100% support Runescape being bigger. When I got my new laptop it was so small that I stopped playing for awhile. At this point I have gotten used to it but if it was bigger that would be even better.

sigraniiixx.gifEye-X.gif

blg.giff2p.giftfsn.gif

[spoiler=Stats:]Updated December 22, 2011:

Total level - 1442 - 170M+ XP , Combat level - 115

Combat skills: Attack - 90, Defence - 99 (24.45m+ XP), Strength - 90, Constitution - 99 (16.42M+ XP) Ranged - 99 (13.32M+ XP), Prayer - 60, Magic - 99 (13.25M+ XP)

Non-Combat skills: Cooking - 99 (13.80M+ XP), Woodcutting - 99 (31.95M+ XP), Fishing - 90, Firemaking - 99 (24.82M+), Crafting - 90, Smithing - 90, Mining - 85, Runecrafting - 60, Dungeoneering - 85

I fully support this guide, there could be, before you log in a check box asking whether or not you want to play in the higher resolution, this way it wont make anything unfair at all.

acantha.gif

Stephen Hawking is now a honorary member of the Runecrafting Guild. He was also given a free sex change from the Make-over Mage.

off topic but woot im in 2 peoples siggys >.>

Make that 3!

How about:

Low quality = 800x600 optimised (as currently)

High quality = 1024x768 optimised

Surely someone with a machine that can only do 800x600 wouldn't be using High quality anyway.

However, I'm hoping that a game window change will also involve a change with the items all around it (separate clan chat section, for example), and this wouldn't be doable in the Low quality version.

I'm sure this is the reason that they asked a while back in a poll on what resolution people used.

WARNING: Prone to ramble ... but you probably already know that!

truffoo.png

1% F2P : 99% RL

I disagree with this. because

first, while most people have a resolution of 1024*768, there are a few with older moniters. not fair to leave them out.

Second, if im not mistaken, more data will have to be transfered to your computer. this will result in more lag. this will also result in jagex's bandwidth costs to skyrocket and membership will cost more, for sure.

plus, im on a 1280*1024 screen. I have lots of space, and I like it because I can multi-task while im doing things that don't require me to be really attentive (fishing, wc, fletching, wtc)

Seventi.png

first, while most people have a resolution of 1024*768, there are a few with older moniters. not fair to leave them out.

It wont be leaving them out if you have the option. The option for big or small res screens.

acantha.gif

Stephen Hawking is now a honorary member of the Runecrafting Guild. He was also given a free sex change from the Make-over Mage.

off topic but woot im in 2 peoples siggys >.>

Make that 3!

It wont be leaving them out if you have the option. The option for big or small res screens.

Agreed. I will support this thread.

However, I hope my thinking of what this is will not be found to be misplaced. Because from what I understand of this thread, we're talking about just stretching and visually improving what is already there, not making more viewspace.

~Mr. Devnull

tifuserbar-dsavi_x4.jpg and normally with a cool mind.

(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)

I support, particularly the option to switch it on and off. The reason: my laptop uses 1600*1200 resolution. I can hardly see anything in RS when the laptop's not docked and plugged into my normal monitor (1280*1024 I think). And for people with 800*600 or lower resolution, it's already full screen. Good idea!

perfect grammar is one thing, typing like a drugged monkey and enjoying it is another

AMEN!

• 1 month later...
Some people still use is older resolution, so it wouldn't be fair for them to have to scroll around just to see the other end of their screen.

If you want it screen to be bigger increase your screen resolution. Most browsers also have the full screen feature. That would help also.

They 'could' make it an optional thing so you can click which one suits you and make it so you can 'lock' it onto your computer (saves it so everytime you log on you'll have the resolution that suits your pc)

Zaroterasu.png

I don't think it will be hard.

Jagex just need to make it full website screen only.

What jagex need to do is to drag it larger.

FTP player.

Goal:

85/90 smithing. 12,000,000/100,000,000 coins.

Total hacked and scammed losses:

1 billion coins +/- (Not in today's currency).

They 'could' make it an optional thing so you can click which one suits you and make it so you can 'lock' it onto your computer (saves it so everytime you log on you'll have the resolution that suits your pc)

Sounds good. Cookies FTW! :thumbsup:

~Mr. Devnull

tifuserbar-dsavi_x4.jpg and normally with a cool mind.

(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)

nice idea and my point is just add a full screen mode so you can play it on full screen.

This is what I'm trying to say.

Full screen or full website screen will be good enough.

Alot of things can be changed if this ever happens.

FTP player.

Goal:

85/90 smithing. 12,000,000/100,000,000 coins.

Total hacked and scammed losses:

1 billion coins +/- (Not in today's currency).