Help! I just got a 360 and dont know what games to get!

Craiglowery

Well I finally got an xbox360 and I need some help on choosing some games. Im into rpg's, shooters, sports, and racing, and anything with great multiplayer so anything in these categories. Im already planning on getting HALO 3 and Bioshock.

Ive also heard from friends that FEAR is worth buying for the multiplayer alone. Should I get it?

Thanks again.

111-1.jpg

Forza Motorsport 2 (Dont think it quite beats Gran Turismo, but the customization options and multiplayer more than make up for it)

Rainbow 6 Vegas (one of the best FPS games ive played, mainly a multiplayer game as the single player campaign is quite short)

TES4: Oblivion (Not much needs to be said about this, simply a quality game in everyway, although it does lack multiplayer)

Earth Defense Force 2017. A very fun and addicting game with fantastic game play, especially in co-op. Giant bugs, huge robots, UFOs -- all for you to blast away with one of the many weapons available. Just about everything in the game is destructible. So if that skyscraper is blocking your view, blow it up! Again, I highly recommend this game.

Here's a fan made trailer for the EDF 2017: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJhI3V05yHM

77 Combat || 1620+ Skill Total || Owner of Fire Cape

Gears Of War

BioShock

Fear

Halo 3 (when it comes out)

Fable 2 (when it comes out)

Rainbow6 Las Vegas

Ninety Nine Nights

Ghost Recon

Those are probably what I suggest namely because I have them apart from the ones that have yet to come out and they are great games to play.

Saint's Row is just a crazy awesome game.

FEAR is great for its multiplayer.

Gears of War is just indescribably awesome.

Oblivion: The Elder Scrolls IV is probably one of the best games made. Awesome RPG.

Guitar Hero 2.

And lastly, go to your local game store and pre-order Halo 3.

6g3b21v.jpg

If you haven't Pre-Order Halo 3 NOW. (I know your planning on getting it), if you don't then it'll take forever to find one. I live in a really small town with an EBGames, and at that ONE store in ONE little store in my little town theres 144 pre-orders :shock:

Also get Gears of War (great game!), Guitar Hero 2 if you like that kind of game, Madden '07 (better then '08), F.E.A.R. is also a pretty good game.

pre-ordering halo 3 is a bunch of B.S. unless you want one of the legendary editions.

I pre-ordered halo 2 when it came out, got it the next day and the store had dozens of copies on the shelf.

Also, another game is Call of Duty 2, that should have dropped in price by now, aswell as COD3 probably. Pick those up for good single player and online.

And when COD4 comes out get it, very fun fast paced multilayer that you could even consider realistic. (I'm in the beta)

Definately get Gears of War. To date, it's been the single game I was the most impressed with when playing it, sans probably GTA3 and GTA: VC.

The popularity of any given religion today depends on the victories of the wars they fought in the past.

- Me!

I'm surprised at the large number of people who advise preordering halo 3, I didn't think there were that many halo advocates around these forums.

But yeah, do it. Doesn't hurt.

Otherwise you got gears and fear, which should entertaion you for months. If you're cheap, get oblivion and play that for the rest of the year. Otherwise wait for Mass Effect, Assassin's Creed or GTA4 or something somebody else already mentioned.

Life is a joke. Yeah, I don't get it either.

Gears Of War.. I honestly never got what all the hype was about. The graphics were VERY nice, which kept me entertained while I watched my brother play. But I tried playing and never was impressed by the controls or the camera angles. I had so much trouble hitting the enemies it wasn't even funny. I'll stick with Halo to fulfil my alien massacre needs.

As for recommended games.. I was fairly impressed by NFS: Carbon. Lots of vehicle customization, multiplayer, different race styles, and some of the races were a decent challenge. After you get through career once, it gets a little boring unless you're racing your friends in multiplayer. I will admit it's frustrating as hell when your perfectly worked out strategy fails to your buddy's idea of slamming into walls as he rounds corners at 180 m/ph..