Help! I just got a 360 and dont know what games to get!

Craiglowery

In November, Get Assasin's Creed. Bloody hell, that game looks so damned good.

gazzy.jpg

Are you sick and tired of people telling you what to put in your sig? So am I. No, don't put this in your sig, you'll be doing what THEY want!

Gears Of War.. I honestly never got what all the hype was about. The graphics were VERY nice, which kept me entertained while I watched my brother play. But I tried playing and never was impressed by the controls or the camera angles. I had so much trouble hitting the enemies it wasn't even funny. I'll stick with Halo to fulfil my alien massacre needs.

This explains why the Japanese rpg fanatics view FPS players as "dur I shoots mans". I'm not calling you stupid by the way, just that it's rather conservative, if you can call it that. I mean, how can the camera angle be bad in a shooter? It's always behind you! As for the controls, yeah, it's a change from the average fps, but it's what happens in tactical shooters unlike boomfests like Halo.

Note that I'm a halo fan too, just defending Gears.

Life is a joke. Yeah, I don't get it either.

Gears Of War.. I honestly never got what all the hype was about. The graphics were VERY nice, which kept me entertained while I watched my brother play. But I tried playing and never was impressed by the controls or the camera angles. I had so much trouble hitting the enemies it wasn't even funny. I'll stick with Halo to fulfil my alien massacre needs.

As for recommended games.. I was fairly impressed by NFS: Carbon. Lots of vehicle customization, multiplayer, different race styles, and some of the races were a decent challenge. After you get through career once, it gets a little boring unless you're racing your friends in multiplayer. I will admit it's frustrating as hell when your perfectly worked out strategy fails to your buddy's idea of slamming into walls as he rounds corners at 180 m/ph..

You really should give gears a shot, it was a brilliant FPS (unlike halo ;D).

I find it kind of funny people are voting Halo 3 for the best when it hasn't even been released yet.

Anyways my vote is probably Gears of War, however thats mostly just basing from exclusives. I'd definitely pick Bioshock but its not really an exclusive.

Bioshock

Dead Rising

The Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion

Gears of War

FEAR

There are others, im sure.

PRE ORDER: HALO 3.

Buy when it comes: Fable 2

Finally someone mentions the most fun you can have on 360. If you like zombies then you 110% have to buy this game.

sigggyjv2.gif

Sig by me....

gears of war-game of the year! awsome online

halo 3-u kno y :P

bioshock-beasty

fear-play it in the dark and u will hav more fun

dead rising-anger managent, alls u need is a nail gun :P

hhmmm...wat else....oblivion is a good rpg

crack down!-like a gta cept u got super power! ftw lol, also the downloadedable content jus makes it rock so hard lol

...thats all i can think of atm, back to playin crack down lol

robo.jpeg

Sig by thru,yaff, ty both :)

Gears Of War

BioShock

Fear

Halo 3 (when it comes out)

Fable 2 (when it comes out)

Rainbow6 Las Vegas

Ninety Nine Nights

Ghost Recon

Those are probably what I suggest namely because I have them apart from the ones that have yet to come out and they are great games to play.

All those, plus Dead Rising, Prey and Sain't Row.

FBqTDdL.jpg

sleep like dead men

wake up like dead men

• 1 month later...

As for recommended games.. I was fairly impressed by NFS: Carbon. Lots of vehicle customization, multiplayer, different race styles, and some of the races were a decent challenge. After you get through career once, it gets a little boring unless you're racing your friends in multiplayer. I will admit it's frustrating as hell when your perfectly worked out strategy fails to your buddy's idea of slamming into walls as he rounds corners at 180 m/ph..

You really should give gears a shot, it was a brilliant FPS (unlike halo ;D).

I find it kind of funny people are voting Halo 3 for the best when it hasn't even been released yet.

Anyways my vote is probably Gears of War, however thats mostly just basing from exclusives. I'd definitely pick Bioshock but its not really an exclusive.

+1 on the halo part.

Also I heard bioshock was only worth renting.

The Orange Box

Shoot yourself.

Played 360 version is no where NEAR as good as pc version.

PREY

Dead Rising

BioShock

Half-Life 2 Orange Box

Oblivion

Blue Dragon

Guitar Hero 2

Guitar Hero 3

LOTR: Battle For Middle Earth II

Call Of Duty IV

Assassins Creed

Just Cause

The Simpsons Game

Mercanaries 2 World In Flames

GTA IV

Lego Star Wars Collection

Saints Row

Cameo Elements Of Power

Quake 4

Call Of Duty 3

Rainbow Six Vegas

Skate

Tony Hawks: Project 8

Tony Hawks: American WasteLand

Tony Hawks: Proving Ground

These are the games I want for my 360.

sycosis5.png

winterkingre4.png

Also I heard bioshock was only worth renting.

If you can beat the game within that time then I'd say so yeah. Its a [bleep]ing brilliant game, but its really only single player without much replay value afterwards. However its worth every single moment.

Orange Box(GREAT Game even better value)

Guitar Hero 3, very fun either wait til its out(if u live in europe) or you can import it as its region free.

Crackdown

Bioshock

Gears Of War

I have halo 3 but its short, and multiplayer is so overrated, i can only play multiplayer so long til i get bored.

i know serius 360 nerds(no offense to my m8s)

and they keep talking about "mass effect", "crysis" and "2 worlds".

i tell you my friend those game are a must(of cause also get halo 3 and 1 year of xbox live)

ps. you have to get an orange box it freaking owns to both pc and xbox :wink: (its 5 games for like 50$ and al of the games owns, ecspecily team fortress 2)

My private chat is always ON.

Winner of The Tip.It Teamcape Outfit Contest!

6 years. 1 dragon CS drop and some barrows, bad luck?

99melee.jpg

i know serius 360 nerds(no offense to my m8s)

and they keep talking about "mass effect", "crysis" and "2 worlds".

i tell you my friend those game are a must(of cause also get halo 3 and 1 year of xbox live)

ps. you have to get an orange box it freaking owns to both pc and xbox :wink: (its 5 games for like 50$ and al of the games owns, ecspecily team fortress 2)

2 worlds is horrible, and lol at crysis coming to 360.