Tip.it Times Presents: What's your final goal in Runescape?

MPM

I agree totally with what the article said. I was never one for completing goals, I normally just logged into runescape, talked to all of my friends, and then started what I felt like doing, doing the same thing over and over again bored me.

A lot of my friends set their goals and I never heard from them and had proper conversations until they had completed them.

I personally enjoyed runescape, being in a clan, hanging with friends, and just generally having fun was always at the top of my list.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I want to be one of, if not the top player in runescape. I want to have a hand in finaly geting rid of autoers, I mean i'm sure the hackers haven't given up. Finaly I want to have one sucessful clan and I want it to rise to the top. I guess I have a lot of goals. Not one of them involve a party hat, or a santa. I mean i'll take those things but I want stuff I can say, I got this myself, I didn't buy my way to this. That's why whatever I do I never buy what I need from players, I get it myself.

hm, loved the article, currently working on 42 hunter, just random impluse when i read about the imp minigame and wanted to capture an essence impling. (i watched one float by me oneday and decided that maybe i would go do hunter.)

i play runescape on impulse. i stay on longer if i have a friend online, otherwise i play for 15 min then go find somehting else to do (normally reading a book)

I agree with this article fully. set goals, but don't make them chores to obtain. when i would work towards somehting, such at 60 mining, i got a few levels, got bored, so i wandered off, did a couple other quest and leveled other skills till i decided that maybe i should go back and mine just a little more, then did the whole circle a few times.

of course my overall goal is simple. 99 all skills and full quests done. esimated completion date? whenever i get around to it. maybe by 2020, lol

(of course because i play on impulse i am generally poor. means i go get all my raw materials myself. which is fun to do, lol)

This was a great article! I never really had a defined goal in Runescape, or at least I never had any urgent ones. (I did have a goal to get 44 runecrafting when I was f2p, and I did, but I got that over the course of doing quests and training other skills.) As I see it, Runescape is a was to relax, and for me I play Runescape in order to take my mind off of school, work, and the ordinary pleasures of life for a little while. Crunching skills or trying to make as much money as possible doesn't relax me at all, and I can't even concentrate on one skill for very long before I get bored or frustrated.

I'd have to say my only real goals in playing Runescape are that I enjoy myself, make friends, and do whatever I choose in the game. Of course I do have some other goals (I'd love to have a skill cape at some point!) but I can work on those whenever I want to. It's a game and I can play it however I want to, and therein lies the beauty of it.

This Tip.It Times is one of the best I have read this far. The point is very clear, and it's well-worth thinking of. Many of the players in RS just play to achieve their goals, and not to have fun and take a break from the reality, as the meaning of RS is. And this is so sad, since you should play RS because you think it's fun, and not because of that you feel that you have to complete a goal of yours. Sure, it's fun to get a 99 skill or a party hat, but that should in not be the reason to why you should play RS.

I totally agree with you, The Editor!

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

i know from personal experience what happens as u reach 99 in a skill, u are seriously happy for maybe a day maybe 2 and then boom u are off on another skilling advanture,the actual acheivemnt of 99 in a skill is a great feelign cause then u have achieved something only a few people might have done,no one will be better then u in that skill they can only be the same (unless u count xp but level wise u are there equal). the journy to a 99 skill is the fun of the game,

btw my current goals are probly

75 rc 68 now

99 def 88 now

99 hp 97 now

80 smithing 73 now

85 mining 77 now

94 magic 82 now

86 cons 71 now

not really a goal but

to successfuly appeal my permante mute

devle.gif

O so true. After I got ma d chain i was glad for like 30 mins and thats pretty much it. But I can't honestly have fun in ma journalism class in school :shame: :shame: :shame:

Current goals are

80 attack

80 strength

65 slayer

maybe 80 range

I'm sure they'll all go together

BTW this is my first post :D

fizaru1534.png

HOBOS OWN

I know exactly what you mean, but it has taken me a good two and a half years to realize! It started in F2P, when money and better armour meant more friends. I got sucked into lobster fishing on karamja and then gained membership. After a short while exploring members, i founded i wanted more money ---> more friends, more armour, better levels. I entered the fishing guild and joined a small community in world 83, that is the backbone of the current world 83 community. I gained fishing levels, money and respect and friendship from the other regular fishers. Sharks took a bit of a price dive and slowly the fishing community split apart, although the fishers have kept in touch ever since.

I increasingly became more and more desperate for money and levels, I kinda got into a psychological mindset of that is what is needed to enjoy RS, and i think psychology plays a big part in the article, (but i am a psychology student!).

I made a lot of money, I have a lot of levels and I bought some nice rares. Now what? I have the money, I have the levels, why do i feel like I'm missing something? Why am I bored of doing leveling and playing RS? Why have I lost decent friends and gained friends of my money and levels?

I've given up leveling, except with friends. I have no goals. I log on and I now speak to the friends I've always had, not what I've gained. I indulge in mini games and help friends in the few quests I've done. I try and enjoy Runescape. The editor is spot on in this article. Goals are not a bad thing, far from it, but don't get caught up in them.

An excellent article! I would be interested to know the Editor's score on the essay part of the SAT (if the Editor has taken it). That article is one of the best I've ever read.

I especially liked the link back to RL at the end 8-)

perfect grammar is one thing, typing like a drugged monkey and enjoying it is another

AMEN!

One of the best goals I ever set was to do the swan song quest. I was a poor little lvl 36 mage at the time and I couldnt afford runes, so what could I do? I trained my rc'ing to nature runes, and then I started making them by the thousands. Until I got to the lvl where i could actually spend nature runes, I would run laws, and tele to came.

That was clearly the best part of my goal, just training with one thing in my mind....

Drokles.gif

Drokles.png

I'll get there!

... eventually

I agree with this 100%!

I always see people slaving away, trying oh-so-hard to achieve that next level, the next one, the next. These people are not having fun. They are not lauging, or just hanging around talking to people. Don't get me wrong, sometimes I'm in the mood to level, but for the most part I just can't stand grinding. :wall: My friend, who has a goal for a 99 cape-Fletching, in this case-has been fletching non-stop for 2 weeks now, and frankly I think it's driving me insane! I ask him what else he's been doing lately, and he replies, "Oh you know, same ol' same ol'." In the past, that meant doing a few quests, playing some castlewars, maybe some PKing or leveling, but now it means FLETCHING.

Very good article. There are too many people in the game that play just to be the best at something or to get rare items. This is not the best way to play and like The Editor said it's the journey that counts.

Reading the first couple posts on this topic you can see who didn't actually read the article but just wanted to post first :shame: :XD:

Sig.jpg

well lets see, of course get 99 in something, but im aiming for fishing, woodcut, and cooking of course. get rich enough to buy a santa and have millions left over, the week before i quit, hang around in free server with my skill cape and santa hat and show off, then host a massive drop party in world 1. lol, im only lvl 52, so a long way to go still, im still enjoying

aiming for 99 wc, at the moment 81

Life doesnÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t suddenly get better because itÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s

Saturday, or because you got an iPod, or because you turned 20.

I love Saturdays, I'm getting an iPod and I'm soon turning 20!

How did he/she know? :shock: :P

My current goal is to get a Party Hat and it is true that it's the road to

your goal that is fun but also achieving your goal is fun. RuneScape is

fun but without goals I wouldn't be playing because I wouldn't have anything to do.