Tip.it Times Presents: What's your final goal in Runescape?

MPM

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The community didn't change -at all- in the year plus between posts.

Interestingly, 90% of people before the stagnation of the topic ignored the "Life is a Journey, not a destination" message of the actual article. They all posted their own personal goals, as if this were a poll topic.

Then after the topic is reignited, there are a few thoughtful posts dotted amongst a sea of "OMG I WANT MOAR 99S!!1".

My wish for 2009 is to have people read the thread before posting. I think I have the same chance of getting that as getting Kate Beckinsale, promotion to CEO, or a Unicorn.

stormveritas.png

Funny how Rsw said his final goals were 99 Mining and Smithing, and now that he's got them, he's still doing other things.

Despite this being a nearly ancient topic, it still contains a lot of value. To be honest, I think it's best to have no final goal in RuneScape; after all, with all the new updates, there's always something else to do. Just keep playing for as long as you enjoy yourself, then quit.

dirk4slayer.png

Chuck Norris doesn't ever need a compass; he randomly points somewhere and north goes there in order not to anger him.

To completely quit the game and not care for updates, friends, or certain forums related to the game.

Killing a 5 year addiction is one of the most troublesome and annoying things to do, even when you don't play anymore.

My Goals:

Get 99 in All F2P Skills.

Have a couple pumkins in my bank.

Own 10 sets of Gold trimmed Rune.

--

Give a Man a fish, and you'll feed him for a day.

Teach a Man to fish and you'll give him a Lv.99 skill.

tagline1.gif

j5i3pv.jpg

archsupportei2.png

I read a wonderful DIY (Do It Yourself) guide that was stickied in the new Guides forum on the RSOF. It explains the DIY style of play and how it can make the gameplay experience fun rather than tiresome.

I know myself that I'm not a DIY'er :P

"There are only two strategies in war. Move forward or change. The victor is the first to realise that when he cannot move forward he must change."

~ Mod Mark H ~

100000players-2.jpg

That is the first article I've read on Tip.It (Don't like reading but I was kinda bored...)

I got to say that is really true. In the past all I did is get the goals even though they weren't very fun. They could be fun at times though but not all the time because of doing the same repetitive thing.

But as soon as I get the goal I celebrate and have fun with the cape for a day or two after training for month(s).

Uhh... Stupid. #-o

My final 2 goals are the ones I'm doing now and then I will quit.

They are:

20million Thieving XP.

100million Total XP.

:twss:

99 Range, Defence, HP, Prayer, and a few other skills.

50m+ total worth and maybe even a rare :P

Seriously, I probably would only accomplish 99 range and the money.

[94/99 Ranged][87/99 HP][80/85 Def][70/70 Pray]