Tip.it Times Presents: What's your final goal in Runescape?

MPM

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I suppose my underlying goal is to be one of the best F2P players around. I also just enjoy the friendships made in #runescape and tif.

I do like a lot of the points though.

If you can just get a 99 by clicking one button, it would be completely worthless. The journey to the goal is what is worth it.

tfssig.png

OK, just read it. seems alright, and it hits hard on some people, I for one am slightly hit, but I also like to get far when I have the tip.it forums on my side with my blog, hance keeping it light and having a good chat about it all.

22031_s.gif

Great times! Best in a while :)

All 99's ftw :XD:

"300 programmers make their futile but glorious last stand against 1000000 angry players in The battle of Misthalin. They fight for honor, glory and new content sacrificing themselves so that their game may live on. This is Madness! This Is JAGEEEX!"

3 digit combat level, got it,

Enough GP to buy any useful and worthwhile armour i need, got it,

All quests, got it,

70 mining, 85 fletching, He's spot on goals really don't count for anything in a game like this, fortunately my goals were slightly more modest back in the old days than this 99-buying rubbish =P

However speaking as someone who works a full-time time week, saturday's ALWAYS make life better mr. editor........

Ah, yes. This is what I have been waiting for to help explain my view on Runescape. "You only want things you don't have." Perfect. I love that statement.

It is the journey towards your goal that is the best. I bought a Green Mask once, and said "Great, now what?" You look back on your acheivment, and ask yourself what did you really do? What has really happend because you wasted 2 months doing really boring work to get a cape?

My goal before I quit? To have fun with some good friends, but besides that I never had one, and I guess I never will :|

Tbfgraphx14

Happy to find I'm not the only one who eats glass.

These articles are getting better and better, yogosun then szygy now this, it's awesome.

Buddha once said "Do not dwell in the past,do not dream of the future but live the present."

I hope this persuades many players to have fun in rs and not just play it as it were life. Also, like in life there will be setbacks, if you get scammed get back up and try again. Rs just doesn't teach you math,english and typeing skills, it teaches you life leasons. Not to trust strangers and that there will always be bad people.

and General George MacArthur once said " I don't judge a man by how high he has climbed, I judge him by how high he bounces when he hits rock bottom."

just something to think about.

99 Mining without becoming a member

70 Smithing without becoming a member

55 Magic (for high alc)

Green Mask (which was lost after loaning it to a friend. Bought it for 300k and it's worth 17 million now. go figure. :wall: ) maybe santa or red mask though...

Full Zamorak Rune Armor and 70 in each combat skill.

grammar2gr8dx.png

Earn59.png

Earn59.png

untitled6kv7.gif

great article, i quit rs but i still read the articles because hes such a great writer, btw i dont remember ur user but whoever was talking about his load of cabbage. SDFU we dont want to hear about u insulting the editor, u can have an opinion but u sound realy rude and arrogant

wow i think I've taken dumps that aren't as full of [cabbage] like this.

the reason why we have goals is so we can experienced more whether it be a skill or in an item.

i for example got to 75 fletching that was one one my goals and i said to myself over and over again while fletching that i would make millions and get really rich when i finally reach this goal. this goal led to many others expanding my horizons based on this one goal. from experiencing my (first) 3rd mill i got to the point where i said to myself well... hey look veracs is only 5.something million i have 3m lets EXPAND my horizons on ways to make money while still doing fletching i made money and more money.

i eventually got 83 fletching and i got veracs and i killed the kalphite queen. ( that was another goal of mine. along with goals come challenges. that little (big for people who are going to make fun of me for it) bug gave me hardly any trouble)..

and while i complete each goal after another i see that i can give others advice while i do each goal of every day. when i talk to friends of mine and i ask what they're up too they say oooh... im just picking flax in seers; well i can help them by saying well if you go to Lleta (elf place) theres a place where you can pick flax thats right next to the bank. and then i can also tell him, you can spin your flax in lumbridge castle and thats within walking distance to the bank.

You look me straight in the eye and tell me you have no goals at all when you play runescape. if you don't then you DO NOT PLAY.

reasoning: when you're working on smithing and you go oh hey i got 26 mithrill ore from a random event well lets go mine myself some coal so i can get some smithing exp or even just have the peace of mind of not looking at that mithrill ore day-to-day (or even the bank space).

whether or not its a short term goal such as this it doesn't matter. a goal can last about half a second.

reasoning: ooh i have weeds in my bank that I'm not going to need at all. lets drop these. so you drop them . thats a GOAL. goals don't need to be of a certain time period they just need to have an end result whether or not its good or not depends on what you do or who is doing the goal.

I'm very disappointed in this article i expect better in this article from the editor.

*i invite some one to disagree with me and give their opinion based on what i said. if anything i want people to realize the sense of my reasoning.*

your missing the whole point...

the whole point of the article is to tell us that goals r there, but its the way of getting there that is the upmost importance. We don't say congratz everytime u level for the pixels on ur screen. We say congratz to what you went through to get to it. So for example, if your going for a skill cape just so that you have one...thats not how you should view it. You should view it as that I will max out my skill before a given date and work hard at it. I think most ppl lost sight on how skills should be really trained. Which has more weight? I have a skill cape hahaha... or i max out ranged?

Right...

I say this all the time in runescape "you always want what you don't have", but I do have a goal, 99 attack, then str, then defense.

Cube_by_Abfc.gif

untihf5.jpg

69827172ou0.jpg

When you mentioned the Dragon Plates I had a sudden vision of a load of gangsters running around in fancy dress yealling "Grim Reaper in da hood!"

The author comes across as very set in his or her ways. It's foolish to think that RS 'must be played such and such way.' I prefer to let people do what they want. You can try to convince them that they should approach something a certain way, but saying that their way is 'wrong' is foolish and unpersuasive.

Sleeping-in-cushionhigh.jpg

I loved this article. It was a great read! Thanks, The Editor.

For those whom know me, I always try to put this idea into place. Whenever someone says what should be my 99, I always comment saying something you enjoy. After all, "The fun is in the journey, not in the destination." The fun of this game is not finishing your goal, it's meeting people and having fun while trying to achieve the goal. If you aren't having fun, then that is not the goal you should be striving to achieve.

I love this article, thanks for the read! :)

devotedconstructionkt0.jpg

"The fun is in the journey, not in the destination." The fun of this game is not finishing your goal, it's meeting people and having fun while trying to achieve the goal. If you aren't having fun, then that is not the goal you should be striving to achieve.

Well said Devoted. One of the biggest goodness-ity of RuneScape is the MM-ness (Massively Multiplayer) of it. Focussing only on a goal would lead to getting bored, burnt out, etc. But enjoying time online with others while working on a goal is surely better. The memories that would last are "While getting 99 skill-X, I met this guy. There are really awesome people out there. Etc". Without these sorts of memories, whenever each person does quit, you'll be left with a feeling of pointlessness.

Having said that, pointlessness does have its place at times.

WARNING: Prone to ramble ... but you probably already know that!

truffoo.png

1% F2P : 99% RL

Probably 200M in each skill, each champion scroll, all POH wardrobes complete, all quests, etc.

Then I would just do the things I would love doing that doesn't get redundant. Such as pking and castle wars :o.

cgknightofroundsorigina.jpg

99 Hits, Attack, Strength, Defence, Mage, Summoning, Slayer, Ranged, 96/99 Prayer

I think it's that you should have good and bad memories with runescape. It's it's own world. It teaches us random life lessons, like avoiding situations you don't want to get into. I admit that I'm sort of addicted to runescape right now but once I read this article, I'm thinking about cutting back on it a lot. I'm a sophmore in high school and I want to be able to talk about the recent gossip with my friends ( the few that I have ).

Runescape should be a bridge between teenage and adult or a fun pastime that you enjoy with friends.

jakerules13badder1mi.gif

my interests in playing are to be able to do and make everything in the game and to be entertained. the way i look at it is as long as i'm playing i want those that are starting out to have the similar good experience i've had. so i look out for newer players and help out if i can. every month they release new updates so i look forward to those and the new content and no final goals just playing as it goes. i'd rather have huge amounts of useful supplies then discontinued items, but that's just me. it's just a game. a game is meant to be fun and enjoyed. setting goals and achieving are also fun. if it isnt for you oh well. there's a lot to do in runescape. i look to other players sometimes for inspiration. such as major clan leaders helping out new players, certain people that have great house parties, things like that. i'm still an explorer really an adventurer and there's always new things around the corner. :boohoo: :wall: 8-)

[hide=-this is my signature- guides i've written]full list is at the top of <!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?f=180&t=775754">viewtopic.php?f=180&t=775754</a><!-- l -->[/hide]