Tip.it Times Presents: What's your final goal in Runescape?

MPM

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't quite agree with the editor. Different people play Runescape for different reasons- that is:

Some people play, (and play a lot,) to set and reach goals. I can only guess that these people's lives aren't as interesting as they could be, and Runescape is an interesting activity with things to achieve.

Other people play just to kick back and relax while they play, and enjoy doing something that requires *less* brainpower than whatever it is they do in their non-cyber lives.

I am guessing that Runescape was created by and for the latter group, and, Editor, you do a great job of outlining, characterizing, and refocusing that group. But we also have to admit that for many, many people, Runescape is the biggest facet of their lives. Being ambitious, as all humans infallably are, (one hopes :XD: ) they will want to set, reach, and reset goals.

I've said it before and I'll say it again- Runescape is so great because it's so versatile. It is capable of giving pretty much whatever it is you want to get out of it.

I love how people aren't actually reading the article and just posting "Get 99 Everything, then I will be happy" kind of thing. That's exactly what the article is telling you about!

I totally agree with this article. It must be said that I am not the best player in the game, and I'm absolutely fine with that. I have played, and always will play for fun. Sure, I set goals for myself. But of course, the fun part isn't having the high skill, it's getting there.

Excellent article :D

Along the coast road, by the headland

The early lights of winter glow.

Ill pour a cup to you my darling.

Raise it up --- say cheerio.

I would like to achieve 126 combat and 99 Fletching, 99 Slayer, 99 Range, 99 Magic, 99 Farming, 85 Mining, 99 Smithing, and 92 Runecrafting before I decide to quit RuneScape.

I'd also like to make enough money for a couple rares, full dragon, dragonfire shield, Darkbow and all the Barrows sets.

Oh and good article...I agree that getting the 99's isn't the fun part...it's the journey you take to reach those high levels. :thumbsup:

"He who walks righteously and speaks uprightly, who despises the gain of oppressions, who shakes his hands, lest they hold a bribe, who stops his ears from hearing of bloodshed and shuts his eyes from looking on evil, he will dwell on the heights; his place of defense will be the fortresses of rocks; his bread will be given him; his water will be sure." ~Isaiah 33:15-16

yehoshua-i.png

My BlogScape!

apologies to the intro that was formerly here. I'm sorry for who-ever i insulted i was wrong for putting that. i didn't mean to direct it at the editor i meant the article not the person him/herself.

the reason why we have goals is so we can experienced more whether it be a skill or in an item.

i for example got to 75 fletching that was one one my goals and i said to myself over and over again while fletching that i would make millions and get really rich when i finally reach this goal. this goal led to many others expanding my horizons based on this one goal. from experiencing my (first) 3rd mill i got to the point where i said to myself well... hey look veracs is only 5.something million i have 3m lets EXPAND my horizons on ways to make money while still doing fletching i made money and more money.

i eventually got 83 fletching and i got veracs and i killed the kalphite queen. ( that was another goal of mine. along with goals come challenges. that little (big for people who are going to make fun of me for it) bug gave me hardly any trouble)..

and while i complete each goal after another i see that i can give others advice while i do each goal of every day. when i talk to friends of mine and i ask what they're up too they say oooh... im just picking flax in seers; well i can help them by saying well if you go to Lleta (elf place) theres a place where you can pick flax thats right next to the bank. and then i can also tell him, you can spin your flax in lumbridge castle and thats within walking distance to the bank.

You look me straight in the eye and tell me you have no goals at all when you play runescape. if you don't then you DO NOT PLAY.

reasoning: when you're working on smithing and you go oh hey i got 26 mithrill ore from a random event well lets go mine myself some coal so i can get some smithing exp or even just have the peace of mind of not looking at that mithrill ore day-to-day (or even the bank space).

whether or not its a short term goal such as this it doesn't matter. a goal can last about half a second.

reasoning: ooh i have weeds in my bank that I'm not going to need at all. lets drop these. so you drop them . thats a GOAL. goals don't need to be of a certain time period they just need to have an end result whether or not its good or not depends on what you do or who is doing the goal.

I'm very disappointed in this article i expect better in this article from the editor.

*i invite some one to disagree with me and give their opinion based on what i said. if anything i want people to realize the sense of my reasoning.*

I see you point in what you said, but I THINK the Editor was talking about longer term goals, not 30 - secound ones. While I do see your opinion (spelling?) I personally thing it was a fairly good artical (spelling?) as it really did prove a point in that ALOT of people do "loose their way" and make Runescape more of a chore then anything else.

PS Sorry for bad spelling, I'm still half asleep, wierd time zones stink <.<

[hide=Runescape stats and Xfire thing.]Holylight100.gif

holylight100.png[/hide]

ya i agree very good article really opened up my eyes as in im actully looking at something aside from demons jk anyways my goal is to get 99 in every non member stat i know i know going to be a long time but maybe by that time il be allowed to become a memeber cuz my mom wont allow me to.............

Warning cute killer fluffy bunnies will rule the world after killer furbys BEWARE THE BUNNIES

Get a 99 skill.. i set the goal then i get bored then i amke a new goal... i wish i could just get 99 on a skill... without getting bored too much. :P

99 Hunter - November 1st, 2008

99 Cooking -July 22nd, 2009

99 Firemaking - July 29th, 2010

99 Fletching - December 30th, 2010

I play RuneScape to relax and have fun while trying to get my character a high total level but yet lower combat level. I also play with friends, real life friends and those I've met in game and have been friends with for a couple of years.

It is so true about reaching the goal part, once I reached 85 Mining I was so happy, don't get me wrong I still am proud of my level, but after a while the novelty wore off and I moved onto something else, which is 90 smithing for rune arrows. I keep telling myself i will use 90 smithing more then I use mining which is rare I haven't mined in a while. That letter made me think of what will I want after I achieve me current goals?

I know my goals will probably take me a few years but I'm fine with that as long as I'm having fun. Then again more skills will be released and then I will want those up high aswell, but when the time comes it will.

As for a long term goal, to have fun, make friends and do whatever I feel like doing.

betterwork.jpg

lordadam21.png

My only goal has been getting a quest cape, and I must admit, the funniest thing was the path there. I never saw it as a chore (except for getting the WC requirement for Grim Tales, that was awful), and it was really worth it when I finally got the Cape. Now, I still play, but there's a lot less of a reason for me.

This signature is intentionally left blank.

i wish people would actually read the tip.it times instead of just reading the title and posting their goals :roll:

Agreed.

I've gotten bored of RuneScape and I've moved on to more productive past-times like building electronic gadgets.

If I had a goal before I quit, it would be getting a Full Infinity Set via the Mage Training Arena. Also, I'll miss the people I've met since I've started playing. My character will still be on the RS-database and I'll be assured that if I ever want to rejoin the insanity of RuneScape, they I can simply pick up where I left off.

No "Quitting Bank Sales" for me since I don't own a lot of stuff in the first place.

celestrana.png

celestrana.png

Knowledge is Power; a Tip.it guide answers many commonly asked questions.

~Celestrana: Making of a Hero ~ (Visit my blog, today!)

Come to think of it I always had a lot of goals in runescape, ever since I started I wanted to do all the quests in f2p, when I finally did those I just went around doing some miscellanious stuff until I got p2p. Nowadays ive done many improvements and many quests. Mostly I raised my skills in order to do a specifik quest.

My latest goal was to geta basilisk head for my PoH, took me a while to get the slayer lvl and even longerto get the head. Nowadays I dont really know what to do in there.

Its a little depressing though. We need to have goals constantly to get anywhere in runescape.

Right now I think i'll catch myself a few monkfish though, and we'll see what fishing lvl i end at before i get another idea :roll:...

Drokles.gif

Drokles.png

I'll get there!

... eventually

My final goal in runescape is to make the immature little kids go to school, do all their homework, and learn how to spell and type! The only one letter words are a and I!

Bdavis12.gif

98% Of teenagers surround their minds with rap music, if you're part of the 2% that stayed with rock, put this in your signature, ROCK IS BETTER!

I wanted a green h'ween mask for so long...

And now that I have got one it feels great!

I spent months trying to raise funds for a mask, but now, I realise it was actually more fun getting the money than I thought it was.

I look in my bank and see only 600k...

Then I look at my mask and I feel happy!

In other words I think that completing your goal is just as fun as starting your goal. :D

apologies to the intro that was formerly here. I'm sorry for who-ever i insulted i was wrong for putting that. i didn't mean to direct it at the editor i meant the article not the person him/herself.

the reason why we have goals is so we can experienced more whether it be a skill or in an item.

i for example got to 75 fletching that was one one my goals and i said to myself over and over again while fletching that i would make millions and get really rich when i finally reach this goal. this goal led to many others expanding my horizons based on this one goal. from experiencing my (first) 3rd mill i got to the point where i said to myself well... hey look veracs is only 5.something million i have 3m lets EXPAND my horizons on ways to make money while still doing fletching i made money and more money.

i eventually got 83 fletching and i got veracs and i killed the kalphite queen. ( that was another goal of mine. along with goals come challenges. that little (big for people who are going to make fun of me for it) bug gave me hardly any trouble)..

and while i complete each goal after another i see that i can give others advice while i do each goal of every day. when i talk to friends of mine and i ask what they're up too they say oooh... im just picking flax in seers; well i can help them by saying well if you go to Lleta (elf place) theres a place where you can pick flax thats right next to the bank. and then i can also tell him, you can spin your flax in lumbridge castle and thats within walking distance to the bank.

You look me straight in the eye and tell me you have no goals at all when you play runescape. if you don't then you DO NOT PLAY.

reasoning: when you're working on smithing and you go oh hey i got 26 mithrill ore from a random event well lets go mine myself some coal so i can get some smithing exp or even just have the peace of mind of not looking at that mithrill ore day-to-day (or even the bank space).

whether or not its a short term goal such as this it doesn't matter. a goal can last about half a second.

reasoning: ooh i have weeds in my bank that I'm not going to need at all. lets drop these. so you drop them . thats a GOAL. goals don't need to be of a certain time period they just need to have an end result whether or not its good or not depends on what you do or who is doing the goal.

I'm very disappointed in this article i expect better in this article from the editor.

*i invite some one to disagree with me and give their opinion based on what i said. if anything i want people to realize the sense of my reasoning.*

I see you point in what you said, but I THINK the Editor was talking about longer term goals, not 30 - secound ones. While I do see your opinion (spelling?) I personally thing it was a fairly good artical (spelling?) as it really did prove a point in that ALOT of people do "loose their way" and make Runescape more of a chore then anything else.

PS Sorry for bad spelling, I'm still half asleep, wierd time zones stink <.<

I hated reading what he said cos of bad spelling (no capitals - grrrrrr)

As you may of guessed I hate bad spelling!!!!! ARRRRRGGGGHHHHHHHH (I may be 12 but I'm don't tok lice dis)