Tip.it Times Presents: What's your final goal in Runescape?

MPM

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

how true this really is.

I really enjoy reading your articles because they speak to me and i think they speak to other ppl to kinda showing us the error of our ways and in a way make us all better ppl if we actually listen to what you have to say

a while ago i made a goal of getting 70 def 80 attack 90 str then all i will do is pk.

well im 93 str 85 attack 72 def and 70 pray and im not satisfied yet. This really makes me laugh when i see ppl with 99 str or somthing that PCed it all. I do slayer to train 1. it is fast 2. it is good money 3. I LOVE IT.

this kind of applied to sports. most ppl wanna be pro to get money when most pros somtimes probly wanna go back in time and play ball with their buds or w/e sport u enjoy.

Thanks editor

I agree that the real goal of Runescape should be to have fun. I was training so much for a while that i noticed i didn't even take the time to stand around with my freinds outside the bank, I always had some goal that was more important, so i guess i missed the point.

Ive had alot of goals. Mine are usually skills that make my character more fun to play after. I don't really get too woried about items except to keep an endless supply of ghostly robes and maybe have a fire cape one day.

Runescape is more fun to me when i can train a bunch of skills at once.

like runecrafting, then woodcutting, then fletching, and then alching, and banking only once to get more ess, and then do it all again and with the rc skull gone.

Anyways cool topic :thumbsup:

If you're dead you can't win

A good question, I have not set a goal because I like the game. I have only played for about 8 months and I think my levels are good for working full time. i would like to see me at 99 but not going to stress if I don't.

I have met a few players on the game that helped me for no charge and I have returned the favor to others.

Maybe I am wrong but I need to enjoy playing a game for it to be fun or I quit it for something else.

Hope I read it right, because it is a game but it is nice for someone that asked me to add them to say "Hi, How ya doing?" sometimes it makes a bad day go away.

I dont really have a final goal. I just play and have fun :)

Same here. I mostly only play to kill time, though I do set mini-goals just so that I actually have something to do when I need to kill a little time. My mini-goals most often fall into mining 100 mith/50 addy or enough coal to smith it all, but I really don't have any long-term goals as such; I'm not striving for any particular skill levels or collectibles or what-have-you. Sure, it's always nice to see that I've gotten a level in the skill I'm using, and a 99 skill would be fun, but I'm not going to stress out if I don't get to lvl 78 Cooking by next week, and if I never get a 99 skill (or even break lvl 100 cb) before either the game dies or I quit (or die myself...always a possibility), I'll still have had a (mostly) great time getting to where I did.

cube347.jpg

Part of the Star Traks network. (^^Clicky!)

Irony: An amnesiac rediscovering they have an eidetic memory.

Well,My goals are things i enjoy doings(also stuff i can do with friends aswell)

E.g.

My goal for 99 cooking:I choose this not because it was an easy skill to train but because it was fun and i could talk away to my friends and also make new ones at the same time,Rouges den always had a great community:)

When i got this cape alot of people would see me and be like "OMG!! YOU GOT A STUPID COOKING CAPE LMAO!!!" this really didnt make sence to me because it was tough for me to get it amd ot still gives me a great sence of accomplisement when i look at it.

My goal for 99 firemaking:I choose this because it was my favourite skill in runescape..i enjoy it,And everytime i log into runescape and see my cape i feel a great sence of pride because of it.

Although training firemaking isnt really a skill you can afk,Or talk to friends while training it but i always put friends before it,Why? because without friends in runescape i would be lost...

Althought now i quit runescape(because i have real life goals e.g. Do well in school)I still keep in close contact with my friends from runescape.

rsoutfitsvg7.png

warningbm0.png

I really dont have any goals at all, I just go on to talk to freinds, I do mostly mini games. I dont really set goals, I go as I go. If I need cash, I work for 1k of something and sell it. Used to be sharks, but I think Ill have to turn to magics again :| It will be very slow, but all other ways, autos seem to be.

Sees Chocolate should be a medicine on my life insurance plan

f_those_fers.png

a good read, i dont have a "final" goal in runescape, ever since hunter came out i wanted 99 in it but i dont think it would make me so happy i would stop playing the game, i would move on go for another goal, However i do think a nice party hat might make me stop playing as much but again still play the game i dont necessarily play to make myself goals(if youve read my blog ive quit on almost every one :XD: ) if i'm going for 99 hunter but feel like cwing i'll cw, im not very occupied therefor im not good at going for goals.

My friend thinks im a failure to goals :wall: but as u said most of us play runescape to have fun, i dont play to beat everyone i play on my spare time to have fun, hang out with friends and maybe get a couple levels. ::'

Let your yellow mellow.

I think a final goal is a good thing but dont use it as a strict timetable, just as a general guideline something to look forward to in the future whilst still having fun now.

somethin my dad always used to say was Everything in moderation, Yes prepare for the future but have fun today and dont forget the good times past either.

Unlocking every single aspect of the game, all songs discovered all minigame rewards, barb assault, cwars, pc etc...

And then max out all my stats with the perfect bank, gosh i dream too much :wall:

cheap_labour.png

Woohoo........

• 1 year later...

Hello! I am truly appreciative of what you wrote. It prompted me to register to reply to your awesome article. It was indeed a big eyeopener for me and i hope the same for many people out there. This really changed the way i look at runescape and life itself. Thank you very much for this invaluable article!

what's this? 70 mining? what a baby goal! go for the big 99! hahaha :lol:

modmarkl.jpg
~ 3,072nd to 99 Mining on August 30th, 2009 ~
~ 112,084th to 99 Magic on April 16th, 2011 ~

~ 131,681st to 99 Crafting on March 29, 2019 ~

~ 178,385th to 99 Prayer on April 2, 2019 ~

~ 234,921st to 99 Defence on May 9, 2019 ~

~ 173,480th to 99 Herblore on June 21, 2019 ~

~ 155,160th to 99 Smithing on July 16, 2019 ~

Hello! I am truly appreciative of what you wrote. It prompted me to register to reply to your awesome article. It was indeed a big eyeopener for me and i hope the same for many people out there. This really changed the way i look at runescape and life itself. Thank you very much for this invaluable article!

You bumped an ages old topic, one whos title and link has been killed...

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

The title is ???

Tip.it Times Presents: WhatÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s your final goal in Runescape???????

sig2-3.jpg

Three months banishment to 9gag is something i would never wish upon anybody, not even my worst enemy.

The title is ???

Tip.it Times Presents: WhatÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s your final goal in Runescape???????

I think the title when beserk then we experienced the rollback. alot of topic titles look like this.

258uo8n.jpg