Swimming or jogging?

Achilleus

Hiya I am trying to lose some weight

For the past 7 days I have swan 1 hour everyday :)

Just wanted to know whats better for losing weight...Swimming or jogging...I already looked on google, I don't if I can trust it lol, I trust you guys more, What do you think/Know

Thx alot

Jogging is alot harder on your body either which way. Swimming is much more benificial IMO, but then again, I am rather biased. I used to swim competatively for around seven years. Swimming 11 times a week for two hours each session does get you in good shape!

If you wanted, I could hook you up with some of my old training sessions, (coach used to make us write them down, never really understood why, but how ever) may take a bit of digging on my part though :P).

ledzeppelin1jl6.jpg

It depends. Swimming is really good, but you need to do it regularly & long enough. It doesn't matter what your weight is, you can always swim and it's quite fun too. But ofcourse, you need to go to a swimming pool etc, whereas jogging is quite easy but not really fun if you aren't in good shape.

signature4s.jpg

Basically I looked furthere into web

Appaently you can lose more calories an hour with jogging

Although with Swimming you do burn quite a lot of calories you also gain alot of muscle

Bigger muscles = More Energy needed, Lol this is in simple terms

Looks like ill be sticking with swimming as I find jogging Incredable boring lol

Jogging is going to mainly work your legs and your heart. Plus when you jog chances are you'll sweat which will help you lose weight (but don't forget to replace that lost liquid by drinking). Swimming on the other hand will probably work a lot more of your upper body if you don't kick so much but it will also work your heart. Personally, I'd take jogging over swimming but I suppose it's more up to personal choice.

Swimming is a lot more enjoyable, but nothing beats running for losing weight.

I took up jogging while I go to the gym, around 1.5-2 miles at a time. I've lost almost 20 pounds in just over 2 months.

WOW

I have an Idea..Ill do both hehe! ...Ill run 2 miles a day and swim 1 hour a day aswell

If you are just trying to lose weight do whatever you will be more consistent at maintaining over months. Both are great for getting in shape so just do what you enjoy. They will both get you where you want to be. The most important thing for you if you are starting out is just making sure you get at least 3 good workouts a week every week and don't slack off.

Ambassadar.png

If you are just trying to lose weight do whatever you will be more consistent at maintaining over months. Both are great for getting in shape so just do what you enjoy. They will both get you where you want to be. The most important thing for you if you are starting out is just making sure you get at least 3 good workouts a week every week and don't slack off.

With things like running you should do it daily or only take 1 day off per week. You won't see the benefits if you only do it 3 times a week. I lift weights 3 times a week and I go for muscle so I'll see results, but running doesn't work that way.

Jogging is more high impact on you.

They're both pretty good, I do both just for changes of pace. I was on the swim team for 4 years, and I tell you: It does keep you in great shape, practicing for 2 hours a day, every day.

I'd say try swimming and jogging and just figure out what you like.

siggiebw2.png

Noted raw mackerel drop... Wtfh?

Always buying: Watermelon seeds, 2K each. Strawberry seeds, 800 each. Contact Via PM on forums.

swimming uses your whole boddy were as jogging uses less but it would be easyer to jogg for longer and more often so on that grounds jogging but .... at the swimming pool there would be girls in nice little bikini's so ......... :D easy choise realy :P

swimming uses your whole boddy were as jogging uses less but it would be easyer to jogg for longer and more often so on that grounds jogging but .... at the swimming pool there would be girls in nice little bikini's so ......... :D easy choise realy :P
Actually I find I can swim for a lot longer than I can jog but I grew up with a swimming pool so I swam hours each day.
sig5235ro7.jpg

im on my schools cross country team and i run like 5-7 miles 6 days a week and im gettin in such good shape its insane i love it

Free.png

@Dragonseance #1 to 200m all.

www.twitter.com/dragonseance

I used to swim frequently, was best at brestroke, close to best at butterfly. Then I got ill, and found out I was allergic to chlorine. Any time I am in water for longer than ten minutes I get really bad eczema and tonsilitis.

I now do jogging a bit, I feel that swimming is better over time, jogging also helps get stamina up. I would do both as you said.

calciumpixelsigil3.png

Click my signature for my blog!

I used to swim frequently, was best at brestroke, close to best at butterfly. Then I got ill, and found out I was allergic to chlorine. Any time I am in water for longer than ten minutes I get really bad eczema and tonsilitis.

I now do jogging a bit, I feel that swimming is better over time, jogging also helps get stamina up. I would do both as you said.

Your allergic to chlorine eh? Some pools now put salts in.I know that your thinking, zermg teh salts burn mah eyez. Dont worry, they dont. I thought it was pretty cool. Maybe you can get back into swimming?

Your allergic to chlorine eh? Some pools now put salts in.I know that your thinking, zermg teh salts burn mah eyez. Dont worry, they dont. I thought it was pretty cool. Maybe you can get back into swimming?

Almost all the time I've been in a salt pool I've been really ill and I normally go in salt pools while I'm on holiday so it really sucks to be on holiday in good hotels and on safari.
sig5235ro7.jpg

Jogging, though all the sports I've ever been involved in encorporated a lot of running, so I'm kinda biased. Couldn't do a swimming sport if I wanted to anyways :-w .

As for everyone saying that swimming works all the muscles, ya, I guess, but you're not exactly holding your weight up when you swim, in contrast with running :P .

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

As for everyone saying that swimming works all the muscles, ya, I guess, but you're not exactly holding your weight up when you swim, in contrast with running :P .

It's not holding yourself up that helps, it's getting your heart pumping. Both jogging and swimming will do that but jogging will focus the workout on your legs and swimming will distribute the workout between your arms, chest, and legs. Swimming won't be as intense on your legs, but you'll still get a good workout.