I love Heroes.

ReneDestroy

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was it just me or did anyone else piss themselves when Hiro was charging at Peter in the end?

I wasn't, I was just thinking about how they are going to make it lame this time. That part already started to be lame. Hiro starts 15 feet away, decides to pull out his sword rather than do some teleporting or time travel. Peter, who has an electrical shock ready that can easily cover the 15 feet lets Hiro charge towards him for two full seconds and does nothing.

Maybe I am just being cynical but I am not expecting much out of that fight.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

I wish they would kill of Sylar, he has been going on for too long and it's always the same, he gives an evil look, takes their ability.

He hasn't taken anyone's ability in season 2 yet, so I don't know what you are getting at.

Well he's leading in the same path as season 1. He tries to be all powerful. He fails. That was last season and this season he's trying again. I think Biabf is just saying it is getting old. Maybe if they put a new twist, sure. But we dont want a repeat of season 1.

dmanxb7.jpg

Trix.--quit WoW as of 12/07

Thank you 4be2jue for the wonderful sig and avatar!

Was anyone esle reminded of zombie movies when Pratt was blasting them with a shotgun? :XD:

[hide]Two heroes die next week. . . DaDieselDude and I have come to a consensus that it will be Maya and Nikki. Maya because Sylar will kill her and take her power, and Nikki because Mohinder gets sidetracked with Sylar and she doesn't get the blood in time.

Although, it could also be Mohinder since he's going to confront Sylar. . .

And I still think Hiro might get owned by Peter and/or Adam.[/hide]

[hide]I'm guessing Nikki and Hiro. Adam and Peter walk off to the room, looking back. That would be after Hiro tries to avenge his father, and Nikki for the same reasons.[/hide]

Was anyone esle reminded of zombie movies when Pratt was blasting them with a shotgun? :XD:

[hide]Two heroes die next week. . . DaDieselDude and I have come to a consensus that it will be Maya and Nikki. Maya because Sylar will kill her and take her power, and Nikki because Mohinder gets sidetracked with Sylar and she doesn't get the blood in time.

[hide]I'm guessing Nikki and Hiro. Adam and Peter walk off to the room, looking back. That would be after Hiro tries to avenge his father, and Nikki for the same reasons.[/hide]

[hide]Funny you should mention Hiro. He was NOM's first guess of who was gonna die. Imo, he's too big of a role to die. If he dies, Ando's reason to care about anything going on in the series pretty much ends, and I don't think that he's going to die before he does something heroic to avenge his father's death.

It might be Monica, although I doubt that it's going to happen because that would be another blow to Micah's storyline. Or maybe Micah dies too???

So many possibilities, but as NOM said, I'm putting my money on Maya and Nikki.[/hide]

sig2-1.png

Last.Fm

My Bloggy

Proud to have served on Tip.it Crew

[hide]Funny you should mention Hiro. He was NOM's first guess of who was gonna die. Imo, he's too big of a role to die. If he dies, Ando's reason to care about anything going on in the series pretty much ends, and I don't think that he's going to die before he does something heroic to avenge his father's death.

It might be Monica, although I doubt that it's going to happen because that would be another blow to Micah's storyline. Or maybe Micah dies too???

So many possibilities, but as NOM said, I'm putting my money on Maya and Nikki.[/hide]

[hide]Well, Syler is with Molly, right? Matt is Molly's protector and he would die for her so it very well may be him. Also, there was that picture of Claire dying (or injured REALLY badly). It could be her but she is way to big of a character to die. Maya could die because she's obviously very close to Syler. Nikki could die because she is already dying. Hiro might get Uber Pwned by Peter and Adam, but he is way too big of a character. Adam can die because Peter can find out who he is and completely obliterate him. Nathan can die because his character has become somewhat insignificant. It would make sense to kill him off. Elle could die because of her rivalry with Claire. Her involvement with her father, Bob, could put her into danger and lead her to her death.[/hide]

dmanxb7.jpg

Trix.--quit WoW as of 12/07

Thank you 4be2jue for the wonderful sig and avatar!

[hide]Heroes Finale: Disappointing or not?

Hiro vs Peter: Lame like I thought it would be, but not nearly as stupid as I thought it would be. They both actually used their abilities.

The two who die: Kind of knew that Niki would die, as soon as the guy started pouring gas around. Nathan's death wasn't as obvious, until he starts talking on camera. After that it was obvious. It's also obvious who killed him, I mean Noah always wears suits like that.

Hiro vs. Adam: Awesome. I can't recall a situation in the comics I read where a person who can regenerate is asphyxiated. If they died, I think their body would regenerate enough to keep the status quo until something changed. So if he did die and 1,000 years later someone opens it up, he would come back to life. The alternative might be worse, he might be alive but would be constantly choking to death. Eventually that would drive him insane. The thing there is he might be able to get out by himself eventually, whereas if he died he would be relying on chance.

Elle: Becoming a more three-dimensional character, which is nice.[/hide]

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

Hiro vs Peter: Lame like I thought it would be, but not nearly as stupid as I thought it would be. They both actually used their abilities.

I didn't think it went all that bad. I mean, they're still friends, they weren't exactly eager to kill each other. But Hiro got owned twice, so ya. Better luck next time, little man.

The two who die: Kind of knew that Niki would die, as soon as the guy started pouring gas around. Nathan's death wasn't as obvious, until he starts talking on camera. After that it was obvious. It's also obvious who killed him, I mean Noah always wears suits like that.

Nikki was, at least to me, always an obvious contender to die. I mean, her story is pretty much worthless at this point, not like its ever been much better. And Nathan, meh. He, too, was suffering from lack of story. There's not much a flying polictician can do, after all. And now that I think about it, it figures Maya lived - bringing in a whole new set of characters with a new ability whose sole purpose was to furnish Sylar's return would have been a bit lame. It did look like Noah killed Nathan, but is Angela still in contact with Bob and the company?

Hiro vs. Adam: Awesome. I can't recall a situation in the comics I read where a person who can regenerate is asphyxiated. If they died, I think their body would regenerate enough to keep the status quo until something changed. So if he did die and 1,000 years later someone opens it up, he would come back to life. The alternative might be worse, he might be alive but would be constantly choking to death. Eventually that would drive him insane. The thing there is he might be able to get out by himself eventually, whereas if he died he would be relying on chance.

Agreed. I wonder how he managed not to have his throat slit though.

Elle: Becoming a more three-dimensional character, which is nice.

I actually thought she might die when she was going after Sylar. . . but yeah, she's a much better character than Nikki.[/hide]

p2gq.jpg

[hide]

I didn't think it went all that bad. I mean, they're still friends, they weren't exactly eager to kill each other. But Hiro got owned twice, so ya. Better luck next time, little man.

Nikki was, at least to me, always an obvious contender to die. I mean, her story is pretty much worthless at this point, not like its ever been much better. And Nathan, meh. He, too, was suffering from lack of story. There's not much a flying polictician can do, after all. And now that I think about it, it figures Maya lived - bringing in a whole new set of characters with a new ability whose sole purpose was to furnish Sylar's return would have been a bit lame. It did look like Noah killed Nathan, but is Angela still in contact with Bob and the company?

Agreed. I wonder how he managed not to have his throat slit though.

Elle: Becoming a more three-dimensional character, which is nice.

I actually thought she might die when she was going after Sylar. . . but yeah, she's a much better character than Nikki.[/hide]

[/hide]

[hide]Thinking back on the Peter vs. Hiro, you are right their friendship/acquaintance probably stopped them from going too crazy, and they did use their abilities pretty well.

I think Angela still is. As far as I can remember I don't think her and Bob ever disagreed with anything. I don't know if she is as involved as Bob is though.

I don't see why Hiro didn't kill him. Can really think of it two ways, Hiro is nice and doesn't like killing, or Hiro is a sadistic bastard and wants the man who killed his father to suffer for eternity. Some rumors are going around now that the actor who played Adam signed on for another season, that will be interesting if he does come back.

Yep, Elle>Niki. Never did care for multiple personalities in comic book type characters (exception is Moon Knight, who is awesome).[/hide]

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

Awesome ending for the season IMO. Loved it[hide]

Ding dong! Niki is dead! Am I the only one who cheered :D

I feel sorry for Nathan though. He was one of my favourite characters :(

and I think Hiro didn't kill him.. because he probably thought he couldn't. Hiro knows he's immortal remember?[/hide]

onceiroseik5.png

[hide=Click to reveal hidden message (may contain spoilers)]Wow i can't believe Hiro would do something that cruel to Adam. Even if Adam did kill Hiro's father, what Hiro did was just wrong. Anyway i wonder what Volume three holds. Since the virus was destroyed (maybe.) I'm really starting to realize how desperate Nathans mom is to keep the companies secrets. I mean killing her own son? To bad Peter didn't have Lindermans powers. I wonder what part Sylar is going to play in the new volume also. I for one think he is a way too over powered villain. Then again Peter is evenb more overpowered.

Sorry if i jumped to so many different topics.[/hide]

prospektssigza4.jpg

[hide]and I think Hiro didn't kill him.. because he probably thought he couldn't. Hiro knows he's immortal remember?[/hide]

[hide]As far as we know the regenerators can be killed with a bullet to the head. At least that's what Adam and Mrs. Petrelli think. Claire was dead for a while with a stick in her brain. Cutting off Adam's head would do the same thing I think, or cut it into lots of little pieces.

This differs slightly from regenerators in comic books. That may be how they used to be, but now they are much stronger. Hulk has been almost completely vaporized before, but regenerated from one or two cells. Deadpool was blown to a million pieces in a an explosion before, and he regenerated. During the Cable & Deadpool run Cable blew Deadpools apart a few times by shooting it, knowing he would be fine in just a few hours.[/hide]

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

i'm pretty sure is was HRG who killed Nathan in the finale, can't wait for next season to find out. After all, he wanted to prevent anyone from finding out about any of them, plus he's back with the company.

yodaxq1.jpg

There's no such thing as "wireless." Just really long extension cords.

what ever happened to that woman in series one who could connect to the internet? she found ted in some shack.

She died and her consciousness became part of the Internet. It was in the online comic.

i'm pretty sure is was HRG who killed Nathan in the finale, can't wait for next season to find out. After all, he wanted to prevent anyone from finding out about any of them, plus he's back with the company.

That's what I thought too, now I am not so sure. The press conference was in Texas, and HRG was in California last time we saw him.

Other people that it might be:

Nathan's dad, who for some reason isn't dead or one of the other 11 that were part of the company. There was a good logical reason for this to be a possibility but I can't remember what it was.

Sylar, since he had very similar clothes on and sometimes wears a baseball cap. I don't think he had a reason to do it though.

Claude, the invisible man. All he wants to do is be invisible and have people leave him alone.

Peter from an alternate future in which Nathan went through with the revelation. He comes back and shoots Nathan, stopping him from saying anything, and knowing that he is right there with him to give him magical blood to revive him.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

I think West killed Nathan. Partly so he could keep the heroes a secret, partly because he didn't want another Frying Man! to compete with.

Oh yeah, that was the other one I was trying to remember.

At first the theory was he still worked for the company, just because of the way he acted. Everyone then decided that he just sucked at acting. I never thought he worked for the company though. Anyways this weeks graphic novel pretty much disproves that. I didn't really think he was a possibility anyways, but a lot of other people thought so, so there could be something to it.

My most expected choice is HRG, my favourite choice would be his not so dead Dad, because that would be awesome.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Pretty good season, Consequences was by far the best of the bunch though. I'll be honest, aspect's of Claire's storyline are annoying, but Jack Coleman is just fantastic as Noah Bennett, and some of the scenes they've shared have been the most powerful.

A few of the plot devices are going to become slightly annoying, that 'miracle blood' means death isn't really the end for anyone anymore if they don't want it. And a few of the storylines need to be tied off for once and for all*cough*Niki/Micah/Monica*cough*

"Da mihi castitatem et continentam, sed noli modo"