How to own the rarest item in the game :)

FooK-A-Ji

Okay.

For this plan to work you're gonna have to be one of the rich players in the game already.

Remember, this is just a theory I though of yesterday, while discussing some rares with a friend.

Its goes something like this, and I'm sure there are players out there that can relate to the scenario I am about to set.

[]Scenario: You own a cracker, and a surplus of 1 billion. (Yes, some players have that).[/b]

(Remember again, that this whole post is written in hypothesis, meaning it could in theory happen. Yet again, it most likely won't.)

Buy a cracker from someone else who has it.

High alch it.

Why high alch it? Well the less amount of item, there more it will rise in price. If you even film the high alching as proof, and post it on various forums. Cracker-owners will push the price up, with the sole excuse that it has just become rarer.

So on to the next step, which is pretty much like the last one.

Buy cracker, high alch it

Repeat process until you are the sole owner of the only cracker on RS. Of course there will be quitters who have some.

But that is irrelevant, if they return to RS, buy it, high alch it, post the film on the internet every single time, so people get the picture.

After years (most likely) of finding and destroying the crackers, you will bank your 1 last cracker remaining on RS(2), knowing it is truly a unique item, worth half the riches of RS put together.... Well for some people thats what its worth.. :)

This scenario was purely make-believe, and highly unlikely. Its not an idea, but a theory I'd like to discuss with others.

- If you fit the demanding reqs for this scenario: Would you think about doing it?

- To others who don't fit the reqs. How would you feel if you witnessed this scenario put into action?

In reality this scenario can be put to use with any tradeable rare. (Masks, santa hats, pumpkins, half-wines, blackhole disks, party hats)

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Theoretically, yes this can work. But how on Earth would someone get enough money to buy all the crackers in the game? They're like....600m aren't they? There's probably upwards of 300 crackers in the game. If someone has a money making scheme (or a stake account) good enough to make that kind of money, they don't need to high alch every christmas cracker.

Or instead, how about they just get the party hats inside the cracker? There's no cracker, and you get a party hat instead of 2(?) gp.

Treasure trail items: 9

Dragon drops: 0

Theoretically, yes this can work. But how on Earth would someone get enough money to buy all the crackers in the game? They're like....600m aren't they? There's probably upwards of 300 crackers in the game. If someone has a money making scheme (or a stake account) good enough to make that kind of money, they don't need to high alch every christmas cracker.

Or instead, how about they just get the party hats inside the cracker? There's no cracker, and you get a party hat instead of 2(?) gp.

Filming urself highalching the cracker would create alot more hype.

And there most certainly are people with the economical prowess to buy multiple crackers.

I reckon half the party hats generating are not in generation, but held by old merchants still waiting for the right time to sell.

This is possible outside of theory, if you do it right.

But the question is, why would you want to forever alter the RS economy?

And if you think about it, it would be so expensive that no one can afford it (or want to buy it due to no one else being able to afford it). So you're broke.

POG3.jpg

Pretty much what Dragon said.

Thread terminated.

I guess that means I'm the thread Terminator?

No Tip.Iters were harmed in the making of this post.

This is possible outside of theory, if you do it right.

But the question is, why would you want to forever alter the RS economy?

And if you think about it, it would be so expensive that no one can afford it (or want to buy it due to no one else being able to afford it). So you're broke.

Thats why it remains in theory , the whole beauty of the thing 8-)

And why would you NOT want the forever alter the RS economy ?

Here is some stuff:

- You will for sure be noted in the Runescape histrÃÆÃâÃâóry books , for being mad.

- Most likely appear in RS WIKI, for being mad.

- Be called _____ The Mad, by everyone in RS

- Blackmail all of RS , threatening to high-alch the last one if they don't pay homage to the one true owner of all things powerful :x :lol: :x

- Be rich beyond comprehension

- Last but not least, and very illegal. This isn't even a suggestion, but here goes: You can make urself wealthy IRL, if you ever chose to sell the item on the internet for real money. I repeat, this isn't a suggestion, I'm covering every angle of what you could use the attained item for.

No point alching them as you'd lose money on it. You could just buy every single cracker away from the market and affect to the demand that way. After all the amount of crackers in game doesn't only affect to the supply, the more important part is the amount of them floading at the markets.

Personally I'd invest on a certain type of a mask: there's far more demand for them due somewhat sane prices and even after rising 100% in price, there'd still be a load of people who can afford them.

signaturehoh.jpg

I'd rather die for what I believe in than live for anything else.

Name Removed by Administrator ~Turtlefemm

You could just buy every single cracker away from the market and affect to the demand that way.

You could.

But the less proven amount of the item, the more you can demand for the remaining, so it adds up to a sickly, only-to-be-imagined price if there was only 1 cracker left on rs2.

I'd call it priceless, really..

--

and to the dude who said" asif everyone would sell their crackers", did you miss the part where it says this whole post is hypothetical?

Why alch them? Why not use them on someone? Has the same effect really; cracker = gone. You won't be loosing as much money either.

Of course this doesn't have the same extreme effect on the videos as the alching does, but still.

[insert birds flying in a circle here]

Yes, that sig was annoying.

Why alch them? Why not use them on someone? Has the same effect really; cracker = gone. You won't be loosing as much money either.

Of course this doesn't have the same extreme effect on the videos as the alching does, but still.

You answered the question, hehe ...

Besides, thats not really where the discussion point lays, although seemingly its what the majority that have posted seem most interested in ::'

An idea that made me smile, but the alching part is stupid.

Just keep buying crackers and let them in your bank, or even better keep buying party hats and don't sell them but also don't alch them.

You have to be unrealisticly rich to really have an effect, but overall not bad.

signature4s.jpg

Well, Communism works in theory, looked how that turned out.

And altering the entire RS economy just so you could be happy seems a little selfish. You will cause some players to go "bankrupt".

POG3.jpg

Pretty much what Dragon said.

Thread terminated.

I guess that means I'm the thread Terminator?

No Tip.Iters were harmed in the making of this post.

An idea that made me smile, but the alching part is stupid.

Just keep buying crackers and let them in your bank, or even better keep buying party hats and don't sell them but also don't alch them.

You have to be unrealisticly rich to really have an effect, but overall not bad.

Ohhhhhh people aren't understanding.

Half the fun is being put down in history as a madman who simply highalched the little buggers \o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/ \'

See now i thought of this myself but not being rich i could not perform it, but my theory would be with pumpkins.

There arn't that many pumpkins in the game and they only cost 7mil, if your one of the richest players in the game you could easily buy a vast amount of pumpkins and high alch them all, or even buy all the pumpkins in the game.

I wish i saved some of my party hats :Z

Well, Communism works in theory, looked how that turned out.

And altering the entire RS economy just so you could be happy seems a little selfish. You will cause some players to go "bankrupt".

No such thing as bankrupt on RS. You just go out there and spend an hour doing anything, and you already got money.

Of course the plan is selfish. All merchanting is selfish. Merchanting relies on solely gaining riches for oneself, and having the customer geniunely believe he also is gaining something. 8-)

I thought of this with my friend a couple weeks(bout a month) back. called me an idiot for wanting to rule the economy. Save I wouldn't be alching, i'd be keeping/using them.

The-Road-2.gif

Siggy By...me! ^^

If you've got any tips on sig making, photoshop in general, or a recommendation on a good DSLR to get me started, pm me =]

Why not buy them all and then they'll be so rare the price will still go up, but only every sell one.

Do you really have to destroy them?

would it not be better just to crack them rather then alchin making party hats cheaper and them more expensive.

I explain why to high alch them in the first post.

Knowing they still exist will not push the price up, just because you are the only person with them.

Multiple items = Multiple prices.

1 item = 1 price... YOU OWN PRICE. -.-

Why not buy them all and then they'll be so rare the price will still go up, but only every sell one.

would it not be better just to crack them rather then alchin making party hats cheaper and them more expensive.

Knowing they still exist will not push the price up, just because you are the only person with them.

Will there still be a market for it once there is only one left?

Retired High Leader of the Great Titans

linesig3bv2.jpg

DK: Dragon axe x55, Zerker x40, Warrior x44

GWD: Bandos hilt x2,Bandos plate x8,Bandos tassets x3, Bandos boots x 2, Armadyl helm x2, Armadyl hilt x1, Saradomin sword x3

Dragon drops: d chain x3, d left half x3, d legs x4, d skirt x2, d claws x6

Will there still be a market for it once there is only one left?

People will see it as their goal to attain it, simply as a status symbol .

Didnt you know on RS, that rares are cool ? :wink:

Hmmm... Mayjest the Mad... I could totally see that happening.

Except for the fact that I couldn't afford 0.6% of a Cracker, I think it's a great idea!

Goals to get my skills back up to a barely respectable level on the high scores:

mayjest.png

Currently going for Bone to Peaches spell. It's amazing how boring doing the same repetitive task is! Stupid MTA