What is your religion?

Ichimaru

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm agnostic.

Religion is something, in my opinion, you can't really make an informed decision on (at least in relation to God). There's a strong chance there could be a god as there are a lot of things in the universe that aren't explained by science or really by most religions. At the same time there are a lot of fundamental questions about life and the universe which are unanswered which leaves room for one to assert a god. I feel it's sort of ignorant to rule out the possibility of either situation.

"The only way to avoid packaging the water would be to deliver it to people's homes and places of business through some sort of amazingly intricate and complex series of reservoirs, pumping stations, pipes . . . hey, wait a second.."

Agnostic -.-

The Enrichment Center reminds you that the weighted companion cube will never threaten to stab you and, in fact, cannot speak.

In the event that the weighted companion cube does speak, the Enrichment Center urges you to disregard its advice.

I'm an atheist, but an atheist (however cynical I may be) who is interested in learning more about others' religions, and therefore larning how they think ect.

tifsiggy.jpg

Thanks to Quarra for the awesome sig!

Xbox360 Gamertag = Tintin113

I'm agnostic for the time being. As a little kid, I've have been taught about god and Jesus, and everything; and realized I had absolutely no say in the matter.

Exactly me.

I like the some of the morals in Christiananity, but others I don't agree with. But right now I have to take confirmation classes at my Luthern church <.< But heh, it's interesting.

Tbfgraphx14

Happy to find I'm not the only one who eats glass.

I'm a Catholic, so the Pope ftw!

What are the core values of the Star Wars religion?

Worship George Lucas, he is your god.

Watch all the videos at least 300 times and analyze for plot details. (i.e, how stuff in Star Wars parallels to real life.)

Play ALL the games at least 10 times each, even if they're so cheesy and terrible, they make your eyes bleed. Bloody eyes are a sign of your loyalty to the Holy one, George Lucas.

Discus all that you've learned from the Star Wars books and games with other 'Starwarsians' each week.

unoalexi.png

Here be dragons ^

Dragon of the Day

ryZi.gif

Star Wars

What are the core values of the Star Wars religion? :-k

Me to

Well.. trust your feelings; the force is all around us; control your fear and so on..

No seriously. My spirituality (and i'm deeply spiritual) is mostly coined by pop culture with christian and hindu influences.

Everything i hear, read, see and feel is incorportated into this building and mostly i hear, read and see pop culture. Song lyrics and lines from movies are my bibel. Watching movies is my service and music is my prayer.

EDIT: Well.. what are my believes? That's actually a good question.

I believe that you got whatever you want. No matter how good or bad your life is, it's exactly the life you want at the given time. Theoretically you can change it at any time, by just wanting something else. It's a very beautiful idea imo. You can walk around and see people doing exactly what they want. Also you don't have to worry too much about violence, diseases and such, because people just got what they want anyway.

It would of course be nice to ask people (and above all yourself) what they want and try to remind them about the dreams they once had/have. According to my believes they not only can, but will achieve them, if only they want to. You kinda just need to let it happen.

My believes also make it impossible to blame anyone about anything in your life. You can only blame yourself. You just have to make sure that you also forgive yourself and don't start to be cruel to yourself. After all you can have whatever you want, whenever you want to. So there really is no point in self punishment.

I guess that is the core believe. There are some mundane and metaphysical implications of course and other stuff, but i'll leave it here.

No faith, i'm an atheist, which of course tells you pretty much nothing about what i'm like as a human being.

So if you want to know what kind of rough values i'd associate myself with, it's probably liberal humanism, but hey, don't hold me to it.

"Da mihi castitatem et continentam, sed noli modo"