AAAARGGGHH!!! I Can't Stand Lag Anymore!!!

guthix121

My computer is pretty new, but it still lags sometimes, since it has a wireless connection. I was fighting Elvarg for the first time, today. And you know what happens? My computer freezes! I frantically slick on tunas(thats all I have), but by the time the copmuter stops lagging, Elvarg has hit a 10, 6, 8 and 9. I fall, dead-losing armor. I didn't even have time to press Protect 1 Item. Now, I have to get more nails-and considering I'm not a smither with only 1 smithing lvl, thats not going to be very easy. I can't stand it!!!

This is not that much of a rant-more of just a way to vent my frustration. Feel free to post if anything like this happened to you.

If that happens I'd go on low detail and pick the 'recommended' world. Choosing that option picks the world which will supposedly lag the least for your location. Also avoid playing that much on days that where something new is released, because with all the people playing and DLing the update the lag can get pretty bad, even for me.

Of course that will only minimize lag from the server end. It is probably mostly your computer causing it. It could be that you have spyware, viruses, or other malicious programs on your computer... I don't know. For more advice on that I'd ask in the Tech Support forum.

As for me, I've never had a lag-induced death, although a few times I have come within ~10 HP of one :ohnoes:

Low Detail and ur "recomended" world(depends on loctaion of your computer).

Maybe clear some files on your computer too

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

Move your computer, or get hard-wired.

Long distance between router, and things like many walls, metal, and other objects can cause alot of connection loss. If you have a USB wireless connection, look into a USB extension cord w/ hub, and mount it higher up, or lower depending on your location / location of router.

blood_argon.gif

99 Crafting :: 39,750th || 99 Attack :: 1,775th

You say your computer is "new", but that proves absolutely nothing. They still build crappy computers, and sell them, because people will buy them. Rs is the "massive" morpg that has the lowest requirements out of all those other mmorpgs. So now you got that "new" computer, that can't even handle Rs properly. You say it's your wireless connection, but that makes absolutely no sense because that doesn't happen unless your wireless connection is not installed properly. It could be the fault of your internet provider aswell.

Mmorpgs aren't for poor people, buy a soccer ball, it's cheaper, and go play outside, not only will you look better than the fat pigs that play Rs, but you'll probably end up having a more healthy life.

I can give you that pearl right now: playing Rs is a waste of time. You hear that alot, but it takes it's entire meaning, when after years of playing you come to hate Rs, and all those hours and hours you wasted to play, really were wasted.

Hehe, I'm being annoying now, forget about it.

2480+ total

You say your computer is "new", but that proves absolutely nothing. They still build crappy computers, and sell them, because people will buy them. Rs is the "massive" morpg that has the lowest requirements out of all those other mmorpgs. So now you got that "new" computer, that can't even handle Rs properly. You say it's your wireless connection, but that makes absolutely no sense because that doesn't happen unless your wireless connection is not installed properly. It could be the fault of your internet provider aswell.

Mmorpgs aren't for poor people, buy a soccer ball, it's cheaper, and go play outside, not only will you look better than the fat pigs that play Rs, but you'll probably end up having a more healthy life.

I can give you that pearl right now: playing Rs is a waste of time. You hear that alot, but it takes it's entire meaning, when after years of playing you come to hate Rs, and all those hours and hours you wasted to play, really were wasted.

Hehe, I'm being annoying now, forget about it.

Please don't quote me about my lifestyle. I only play RS in my free time. Besides that I play the paino and trumpet, and I play soccer, am on a swim team, and I'm on a track and field team. Also, I am the opposite of a fat pig.

Also, if you eventually decide to quit RS, that doesn't mean you wasted your time. While you were playing RS, you probably enjoyed it, and getting that full barrows or that 1mill gave you a sense of accomplishment. As long as your happy and proud of what you can do, you have not wated your time. Getting bored of something and moving on to the next thing is the way of life.

I've lagged out at cyclops and lost 5m worth of items.

as well as a fighter torso and my rune defenders.

zerkerpurewc8.png

^ Click for blogz0r3s ^

Owner of Death Assembly, a 75+ rune pure / Tank Ranger clan.

Status: Currently stuck in f2p - with fr00bs asking me to do a skill cape emote, when I'm wearing a zamorak cloak. -.-'

Highlanders: Pessimist much? I'm quite lean and healthy for a RS player, and I do play sports on a regular basis. I'd take that post of yours as offensive if I didn't know better, but since I do, I'll leave it at that...

On-Topic: Why are you playing through wireless? Sure, it's convenient, but if you don't have [Draft]-N technology (Multiple Input, Multiple Output), then you're bound to have lag or dropped packets. Besides, your new computer doesn't mean much; for all you know it's not the actual computer, but your ISP that could be lagging you. [Out of my own curiosity, I'd appreciate if you went to http://www.speedtest.net and received a quick estimate on your line's speed. PM it to me if you want.]

WiFi works at 54MBps. Ethernet goes at 100MBps. If you can, get wired. If the Speedtest above proves your network to be slow (typically 256K or less), then talk to your parents or your ISP directly about getting bumped up to some real broadband.

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

I could go on about how much I detest Microsoft and windows but then It's not my place to say this. Also, you say pretty new, but then what are you running? I've heard Vista idles around 700mb of Ram, which doesn't leave all that much left if you only have 1Gb. You also have to consider the other things you have running. Fancy menus look nice but then they do take up a substantial amount of processing power to run. Try toning down your settings more, and give it a go. As it's 'fairly new' I'm guessing you're on Vista so if you want to kill Elvarg try killing the glass effects.

Heh, all of the above I said could be wrong but give it a try. It might just work :)

draciontheman.png

"In the beginning, the universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move."

Jagex stated that lag is *usually* not caused by them but due to your ISP or secret undercover programs running on your computer.

8888kev8888.jpeg

Sigs by: Soa | Gold_Tiger10 | Harrinator1 | Guthix121 | robo | Elmo | Thru | Yaff2

Avatars by: Lit0ua | Unoalexi | Gold Tiger .

Hello friend, Senajitkaushik was epic, Good luck bro.

yeh i was trying to pk then it lagged hardout. Thought it was dead but when the "connection lost" sign went away i found myself in a random event.

God bless those random events lol. But yeah wouldve been stink if i lost all my gear. Feel sorry for u :cry:

imageja4.png

blue rays of light at the air altar? Since when?btw this is real -.-

Click to see the full photo of the blue rayed altar -.-

Goal to 85 runecraft check out my blog