The Overall Easiest 99 Skill To Get?

Jacks0n

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hunter is awfully easy to get up.

Hunter is NOT awfully easy to raise.

First of all, you have to deal with idiots who try to turf you out of where you're training because they can't be bothered to spend 5 minutes (15 at most) to find an empty world. It is incredibly annoying to have some tool come along and disrupt your training when there are plenty of other worlds.

Secondly, it's not like most other skills that are click and wait until the inventory is done. It requires patience and a lot more attention than most other skills - if you're lucky, you'll get a 30 second reprieve every hour or so.

Hunter is nowhere near as easy as some of the other skills. And you can't buy it either.

What is the easiest overall 99 skill?

...Construction, Prayer, Cooking, or Fletching....

Hey ya forgot firemaking which cost < 10m.

Construction si the most expenisve and cooking is like....cheap & easy. So they can't be discussed on the same level.

Total Level 2247- 11x 99s All Combat Skills, Slayer, Summoning, Woodcutting, Herblore

Furthermore, even if 1,2k people have 99 hunter in a year. You can tell, if you've observed the highscores, that way more people have gotten 99 fletching/cooking in the past year, about 8k or so.
Your circular reasoning is mind numbing. Dude take a chill pill, no one's knocking your construction cape and definitely can be seen as easy.

Actually by your silly reasoning given to defend your precious construction cape, Runecrafting is actually the easiest skill to lvl. You didn't really try to lvl it, the xp and money was all done for the sake of your construction lvls so runecrafting was actually your easiest 99.

...You didn't really try to lvl it, the xp and money was all done for the sake of your construction lvls so runecrafting was actually your easiest 99.

This isn't Solidus's overall easiest achievement... :wall:

Firemaking is easiest...said by a firemaking guide costing only ~1.8m, neglect my <10m...

Total Level 2247- 11x 99s All Combat Skills, Slayer, Summoning, Woodcutting, Herblore

...You didn't really try to lvl it, the xp and money was all done for the sake of your construction lvls so runecrafting was actually your easiest 99.

This isn't Solidus's overall easiest achievement... :wall:

Firemaking is easiest...said by a firemaking guide costing only ~1.8m, neglect my <10m...

Easiest moneywise MAYBE...but definatly not overall. It requires NON STOP attention without any money back.

ZpFishingSkillChamp.gif

Your circular reasoning is mind numbing. Dude take a chill pill, no one's knocking your construction cape and definitely can be seen as easy.

Actually I've been debating with yourgone for a while until he just gave up. I was merely defended myself. Also how is construction, which is considered one of the most expensive skills, even a candidate for the easiest skillcape?

Actually by your silly reasoning given to defend your precious construction cape, Runecrafting is actually the easiest skill to lvl. You didn't really try to lvl it, the xp and money was all done for the sake of your construction lvls so runecrafting was actually your easiest 99.

So basically, because I was getting the exp for the sake of money, that exp doesn't count? No, the money was just an additional incentive. Furthermore, only the money and not the exp was done for the sake of construction 99. Just like hunter, people go for 99 hunter for the money AND the experience. One incentive doesn't negate the other. As a matter of fact in this game, my desire to go for money as well as experience is the reason why I got 99 rc through the abyss. So basically, it was even harder.

Also, you have no idea what the circumstances are. Since when did i get 99 runecrafting for the sake of construction? I went for 99 construction back in January and got about 92-94 runecrafting. Then, I spent 10 weeks getting 94 rc to 99 rc through the abyss.

so runecrafting was actually your easiest 99.

Construction from 80-99 took 4 weeks (counting the time taken to get cash)

Runecrafting from 92-94 took 2 weeks, and from 94-99 took 10 weeks thus 92-99 took about 12 weeks (using the abyss). And that's about half of the skill.

Since the average rate didn't change, runecrafting took way longer than construction. How could you claim that it is easier?

Also, you don't know that I have a third 99: defense. defense was a hell of a lot easier to level up than either of these two skills.

And then, of course, we are talking about all skills, not my skills alone :roll: .

76th to reach 99 Construction on 6th of February 2007

379th to reach 99 Runecrafting on 4th of November 2007

BlueSig6.jpg

Finally the secrets of goal achieving are revealed! (give my guide a read :^_^: )

Dear Lord, if your going to use logic terminology to sound smart and condescending, at least us it right. And definitely, absolutely, please, never follow an attack on someone's logic with a perceptibly illogical statement of your own creation. It's terrible debating style, to say the least.

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

Dear Lord, if your going to use logic terminology to sound smart and condescending, at least us it right. And definitely, absolutely, please, never follow an attack on someone's logic with a perceptibly illogical statement of your own creation. It's terrible debating style, to say the least.

I guess I should post like you and not provide anything relevant to the topic or provide any evidence to the point your trying to make? You could have saved yourself 2 minutes and just replied with "you're a poopyhead."

I guess I should post like you and not provide anything relevant to the topic or provide any evidence to the point your trying to make? You could have saved yourself 2 minutes and just replied with "you're a poopyhead."

Oh so he's wrong and your right because... you say so? :-s Fantastic reasoning =D> I applaud you for accusing him of not providing proof, while you provide none yourself. Seriously, the personal attacks are ridiculous and only make you look bad. If you really think you're correct, then prove my points wrong instead of saying "oh well you're just an idiot because I think so"

BlueSig6.jpg

Finally the secrets of goal achieving are revealed! (give my guide a read :^_^: )

Oh so he's wrong and your right because... you say so? :-s Fantastic reasoning =D> I applaud you for accusing him of not providing proof, while you provide none yourself. Seriously, the personal attacks are ridiculous and only make you look bad. If you really think you're correct, then prove my points wrong instead of saying "oh well you're just an idiot because I think so"

I provided reasoning against your bullying whining attacking posts, he responded with nothing other than the equivalent of "poopyhead." That's why I don't need to provide him with anything.

Your only argument is that your construction cape rocks and anything that you can slightly attribute to helping you get that cape is time involved getting that cape. You consistently then told everyone they were wrong when they used the same arguments for other capes. You're not debating you're berating.

I provided reasoning against your bullying whining attacking posts, he responded with nothing other than the equivalent of "poopyhead." That's why I don't need to provide him with anything.

Fine, prove me wrong. Give me at least one example where Solidus used circular reasoning on this thread, and defend your case.

The purpose of my post was to question your reasons behind attacking Solidus. That is why I'm asking for what you mean by your prior post. It's not an insult, just an inquiry.

Your only argument is that your construction cape rocks and anything that you can slightly attribute to helping you get that cape is time involved getting that cape. You consistently then told everyone they were wrong when they used the same arguments for other capes. You're not debating you're berating.

His only argument*? Have you even read this thread? Solidus has repeatedly argued down every case that has been offered against his knowledge of the topic at hand, namely the ludicrous idea that the costs of a skill have nothing to do with how hard it is to level. He has not attacked thus far; merely defended and explained his [correct] opinion on the matter, with thusfar no opposition that has provided a concrete, good reason for why he has been wrong.

You want to see berating? Look up "Flammacor" in the members list, check his posts. That's berating. This is debating.

And on back on the topic of you defending your reasoning behind attacking another member, please show me where "[solidus] consistently then told everyone they were wrong when they used the same arguments for other capes", 'cause I'm having trouble finding that one.

*Good straw man phrasing by the way. His statement isn't "my cape rocks", it's "expenses are included in the difficulty of a skill, and due to the fact that the Construction cape has a relatively high cost, it is risible at best to try and place it in the category of 'easy skills'".

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

You know what's interesting about this guy's arguments? the first post is quotes me defending the HUNTER skillcape, and somehow it proves that I use "circular reasoning" to "defend my construction skillcape". So apparently, by defending the hunter skillcape, I am "defending my precious construction skillcape"? Wow, that totally makes sense.

Also, this is a DEBATE CLUB. So, may I ask, why are you so incompetent at producing any form of evidence?

First of all, get rid of the "i'm superior so I'm excused from providing evidence" crap, you're completely wrong, in fact you haven't even bothered to read the whole debate. The fact that the only thing you can come up with is "poopyhead" tells me a lot about your reading comprehension abilities :roll: .

Your only argument is that your construction cape rocks and anything that you can slightly attribute to helping you get that cape is time involved getting that cape.

When did I ever say that "my construction cape rocks"? Even if I said something remotely close to that, it was backed up by tons of evidence. Something that you have nothing of. I have been constantly arguing back and forth defending my view points.

If you had read or understood even one of my posts, you would have realized that my main argument is that time taken to get the supplies for buyable skills is included in the time taken to get the skill to 99.

There are two other complementary points that I use to support my argument. One talks about AFK-potential of skills and how this can determine the better skill, the other talks about the return on investment in skills, which is yet another determinant. It's all there, yet you claim that my only argument is that my skillcape "rocks". :roll: Riiiiight.

You consistently then told everyone they were wrong when they used the same arguments for other capes. You're not debating you're berating.

Incorrect, I proved them wrong and supported my proof with evidence. That's right, evidence, the service that you seem to be unable to provide. If you're blaming me for using the same logic applied for a different skill, then prove me wrong. I used determinants of 99 skills to support my arguments in favor of 99 construction. Since 99 hunter is also a 99 skill, then therefore the arguments are perfectly valid and may be used to do the exact same comparison.

PS: Thanks rebdragon, you've been very helpful in getting rid of this ignorant

BlueSig6.jpg

I think the argument for 99 hunter being the easiest is pretty valid, since it is a skill that can be done by anyone no matter what there level, and experience gain is fairly rapid. For 99 cooking and fletching you need to start off with a goodly supply of cash to do it well, for 99 hunter you don't need much money at all, and you can even make quite a pile without having to get any bowstrings or cooking ingredients.

The argument for 99 construction being easy is only relevant if you take money out of the equation. It is NOT easy to get all the money required for 99 construction, or all the long bones or to mine all that lime stone or whatever cheap material your going to be using. The 99 construction cape is pretty uber, since not that many people have it and it is a very expensive (and therefore time consuming) cape to get.

However, if you assume you have an unlimited supply of cash, construction is definitely the easiest to level. No other skill has the massive exp per hour gain. Once you get the ball rolling you can get full inventories of planks to your house in almost the same amount of time it takes for you to make all the flatpacks.

triforceelf.png

Cooking is, in my opinion, the easiest skill in the game.

What kind of idiot would even put of construction as an option? It takes 10s upon 10s of millions... and on top of that requires a ton of attention and is a slower xp rate then most skills...

[Summoning guide (AOW)] [Slayer guide] [Melee & Brawl player]

inuyashakent-2.png

However, if you assume you have an unlimited supply of cash, construction is definitely the easiest to level. No other skill has the massive exp per hour gain. Once you get the ball rolling you can get full inventories of planks to your house in almost the same amount of time it takes for you to make all the flatpacks.

By definition we all have an unlimited supply of cash, but the rate at which we get the cash is a huge variable. If a person has an income of 100k per hour, they will spend 850 hours just getting the cash. and then another 50 or so hours getting the levels. Once you get the ball rolling it's "relatively" easy, however if it takes 850 hours just to get the ball rolling, then that's a hell of a hard skill.

Even with 1 mill per hour, the best income a skiller can make, it still takes 85 hours to get the cash for 99 construction. That time is shorter but I can guarantee that it certainly isn't worth neglecting.

I understand that the time taken to get the levels (btw you should go with oak larder/doors and not flatpacks, it's a lot faster) is quite short, and so if the person has the skill banked, it's easy. Problem is, getting the skill banked is the hard part. As a matter of fact, apparently it was possible to get 100m in a matter of minutes at the duel arena by staking so now that the tournament update has happened, that argument doesn't work

anymore.

That being said, I do want to thanks for acknowledging the difficulty of the construction skillcape.

BlueSig6.jpg

I think the argument for 99 hunter being the easiest is pretty valid, since it is a skill that can be done by anyone no matter what there level, and experience gain is fairly rapid. For 99 cooking and fletching you need to start off with a goodly supply of cash to do it well, for 99 hunter you don't need much money at all, and you can even make quite a pile without having to get any bowstrings or cooking ingredients.

Cost isn't the only factor, nor is return. Whilst Hunter may not be the hardest, it is certainly not the easiest. It is not AFK-able; you must be constantly looking at the game, unlike most other skills where you can switch out whilst the game handles it for you. The XP rate really only becomes better than most skills when you get onto red chinchompas, and even then the insane XP rate most people hear about you only get when you hit the 80's. Before then, the XP rate is (at most, and you're lucky to get it) 60k/h. Realistically it's more like 45k/h, and there is plenty of competition for training spots.

This is abit off-topic but out of all time ive been on TIF solidus is one of the only people who knows what he is talking about when it comes to difficulty of 99's. Also from what ive seen he dosnt rank himself above everyone else because he has one of the hardest to achieve capes.... Construction.... he also has Runecrafting which is incredibly hard to achieve aswell. He has achieved what i would consider two very hard to achieve 99's if not the hardest (other than mining).

Rebdragon also seems to know what he is talking about aswell in terms of 99

And Finally to drop the bomb on this thread..... A 99 isnt just the leveling process but it is also the time involved to raise the money for the skill and the time taken plus the attention needed. Also the 90mil required for 99 Construction or Prayer dosnt just land in someones bank. It is achieved through weeks to months of hardwork

So personally the easiest is cooking or fletching as it dosnt require much money to get it and dosnt take that long

The hardest in my opinion would be Mining and slayer for the time taken and how boring it is.... same gos for Runecrafting. Prayer, Herblore, Construction and Farming just for the sheer amount of money required

So far the only proven method so far would be doing cannon for as many tasks as possible without getting 99 ranged as cannons give no Hitpoint exp.

So as soon as your about 5k exp away from 99 ranged you would have to either melee or mage the rest of the way to 99 Slayer and use a couple of Genie lamps or Books of knowledge for the last few thousands of exp needed

And yes there is no untrimmed slayer cape owned by a player yet... The only slayer cape in-game is on either J mods or Duradel in shilo village

• 3 weeks later...

well, i think that either 99 cooking or 99 fletching are the easiest to get.

that is, on f2p servers for the cooking. sharks are easier experience than othr f2p foods that i can get my hands on. i mean, experience is harder to get on a f2p world, no?

O.mirzan-O.mirzan.gif

d drops/ legs(0) chain (0) axes (0) skirts (0) meds(0)/ visage! (0)/ rings (0)

-My Blog! Don't forget to post!