The Overall Easiest 99 Skill To Get?

Jacks0n

The fact that you mention 99 construction is an insult. There are about 300 people with 99 construction and 20k or so with 99 fletching/cooking. This already shows that construction skillcape is extremely rare. For a long period of time (and even maybe now, but i havn't checked) Construction has been the rarest skillcape due to it's immense cost and most people consider it "not worth it". Compare this to fletching/cooking for which the capes are abundant.

he didnt say which skillcape was the rarest. He said what was the easiest to get. Getting the money does not help train the skill. It is using the money. Therefor, if someone had the money it would be a piece of cake to get 99.

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok.but when im fishing, if i go look at the forums, my character stop fishing

Still, when you compare those two with pretty much every other skill, they require much less effort.

there are many different categories of skills...some require cash such as con and prayer, others require patience and time such as mining, fishing, wc etc while others are a mixture such as ranged training with chins and maging with barrage.

i feel that prayer and con are definitely not the easiest because to train them you have to get the cash to do so in the first place. you think they are easy based on the assumption that one already has the cash to train those skills. but getting the cash in the first place is not that easy mind you...99 prayer takes up around 100M and so does construction making that 200M total. imo one of the least respected would be cooking cause it only requires less than 5-10m if you use monks/lobs and can be done very quickly. tbh other skills such as thieving are not well respected by me either cause you can get exp rates of 250k/hr spending negligible amount of cash. also, while woodcut requires lots of time, the sheer number of people with high woodcut (due to bots) devalues the skill cape. the most respected skill capes to be would be slayer, runecraft...while second tier would be stuff like construction and prayer because these are symbols of wealth...they take over partyhats and rares and are a sign that the player has a significant amount of wealth which is not easy to get...just go and try getting 200m in a month with a level 3 okay.

maxed out melee on 10/10/08, current goal: 94/99 cooking

life may be unfair, but why can't it be unfair in my favor?

my fake plant died because i forgot to pretend to water it

Selhy.png

The fact that you mention 99 construction is an insult. There are about 300 people with 99 construction and 20k or so with 99 fletching/cooking. This already shows that construction skillcape is extremely rare. For a long period of time (and even maybe now, but i havn't checked) Construction has been the rarest skillcape due to it's immense cost and most people consider it "not worth it". Compare this to fletching/cooking for which the capes are abundant.

he didnt say which skillcape was the rarest. He said what was the easiest to get. Getting the money does not help train the skill. It is using the money. Therefor, if someone had the money it would be a piece of cake to get 99.

first of all training the skill involves getting the money in the first place. these skills are money skills so not counting the effort gone into attaining the wealth in the first place when considering how easy training the skills are would be unlogical. because with no wealth how are u going to train those skills?

secondly even if a player had the wealth how many of them would spend it willingly on prayer and con? i've over 150m but can't bear to part 100m to get 99 prayer as ive better uses for the cash so i player would have to be significantly rich and willing to part with 100m of their wealth to achieve those skills...

like someone earlier said if you think getting the resources should not be counted inside then consider this: gather around 70000 summer sq'irks, and as many penguin and vinesweeper points as you can. I bet you could get from level 65 thieving to 200m xp in less than a day, add in the other points and you'd get over 200m xp in a day

likewise why not just use pack yak with ourg bones and gilded alter...yea that would make prayer the fastest and easiest skill cape too :roll:

please get those freaking materials first [wagon] zzz

maxed out melee on 10/10/08, current goal: 94/99 cooking

life may be unfair, but why can't it be unfair in my favor?

my fake plant died because i forgot to pretend to water it

Selhy.png

• 2 weeks later...

first of all training the skill involves getting the money in the first place. these skills are money skills so not counting the effort gone into attaining the wealth in the first place when considering how easy training the skills are would be unlogical. because with no wealth how are u going to train those skills?

secondly even if a player had the wealth how many of them would spend it willingly on prayer and con? i've over 150m but can't bear to part 100m to get 99 prayer as ive better uses for the cash so i player would have to be significantly rich and willing to part with 100m of their wealth to achieve those skills...

like someone earlier said if you think getting the resources should not be counted inside then consider this: gather around 70000 summer sq'irks, and as many penguin and vinesweeper points as you can. I bet you could get from level 65 thieving to 200m xp in less than a day, add in the other points and you'd get over 200m xp in a day

likewise why not just use pack yak with ourg bones and gilded alter...yea that would make prayer the fastest and easiest skill cape too :roll:

please get those freaking materials first [wagon] zzz

Its about how easy the skill is to lvl not how hard it is to get rich, because i like many others picked up hats on rsc i did NO work and can already afford 99 con, not exactly hard for me to max it if i wanted to, and i did zero work at all to make the riches.

The question was which is the easiest skill to level, id assume that its implied that you have the materials for 99 or you wouldnt be getting it to 99 now would you?.

How is construction hard if you got 300m sitting in the bank, any high lvl can camp godwars a few weeks and make 100m.

Its about how easy the skill is to lvl not how hard it is to get rich, because i like many others picked up hats on rsc i did NO work and can already afford 99 con, not exactly hard for me to max it if i wanted to, and i did zero work at all to make the riches.

The question was which is the easiest skill to level, id assume that its implied that you have the materials for 99 or you wouldnt be getting it to 99 now would you?.

How is construction hard if you got 300m sitting in the bank, any high lvl can camp godwars a few weeks and make 100m.

The title says "Overall Easiest 99 Skill to Get". Overall means you should be averaging things out - not everyone got their wealth from P Hats. To Get means you should be adding in all the steps required to attain 99.

The title says "Overall Easiest 99 Skill to Get". Overall means you should be averaging things out - not everyone got their wealth from P Hats. To Get means you should be adding in all the steps required to attain 99.

I didnt work for my cash a lot of other people didnt either, i dont think including money means much considering how many people out there have hundreds of mils or even billions sitting in there bank from slayer/godwars ect.

If you got 250m from 1-99 slayer then decide to lvl fletching at 1 million xp an hour by doing it the most expensive way you can, does that make fletching a hard skill?, does that mean you gotta count 99 slayer as part of 99 fletching?

Thats absurd.

Fact is in my situation construction is no harder then cooking, xp is about the same, and i have to do no extra work at all.

I didnt work for my cash a lot of other people didnt either, i dont think including money means much considering how many people out there have hundreds of mils or even billions sitting in there bank from slayer/godwars ect.

Do you know what "overall" means? Overall, most people have to work for their money. You're only bringing up the conditional minority to prove a point. You are basing your point only on extreme conditions.

If you got 250m from 1-99 slayer then decide to lvl fletching at 1 million xp an hour by doing it the most expensive way you can, does that make fletching a hard skill?

You're using extremes again. You don't need 250m for 99 Fletching so why you brought that up I don't even know. Besides, Fletching is an easy skill even for poor folks.

Fact is in my situation construction is no harder then cooking, xp is about the same, and i have to do no extra work at all.

That's only true in your case. What about in the majority's case?

I mean, that's like saying, "It's easy to become a millionaire - all you have to do is win the lotto."

Do you know what "overall" means? Overall, most people have to work for their money. You're only bringing up the conditional minority to prove a point. You are basing your point only on extreme conditions.

If you got 250m from 1-99 slayer then decide to lvl fletching at 1 million xp an hour by doing it the most expensive way you can, does that make fletching a hard skill?

You're using extremes again. You don't need 250m for 99 Fletching so why you brought that up I don't even know. Besides, Fletching is an easy skill even for poor folks.

That's only true in your case. What about in the majority's case?

I mean, that's like saying, "It's easy to become a millionaire - all you have to do is win the lotto."

I wouldnt say people with 100m are truly a minority anymore with godwars/slayer/barrows ect around for so long, not when you consider that this poll is about players serious enough to get a 99 in construction, i would wager the majority of people who decide to get 99 con already have the gp.

No one said that. The minority are the people who actually worked for their money as opposed to those who were practically handed their money (Party Hats).

Plus your net value has nothing to do with it. However, the money that you use on that specific skill you're raising does.

easiest? fishiing, woodcutting, firemaking, cooking, mining, smithing

fastest: prayer (buy all the bones) hunter, firemaking, fletching, cooking thieving

FRONTPAGE.png

{DeviantART}{Last.Fm}{Join Sublime GFX, great community for artists!}

Back to RuneScape, Again.Avatar by Brian The Great

easiest? fishiing, woodcutting, firemaking, cooking, mining, smithing

fastest: prayer (buy all the bones) hunter, firemaking, fletching, cooking thieving

Mining is not easy. it is hard. it is repetitive. it is not easy

SacredFlam3s.png

DK's Drops: 7 Berserker Rings, 2 Warrior Ring, 1 Archers Ring, 7 Dragon Hatchet, 1 Seercull, 3 Elite Clue - All Solo

GWD Drops (CS): 1 Bandos Chestplate, 2 Armadyl Hilt, 1 Armadyl Chestplate

Slayer:1 D skirt, 2 Whip, 12 G Mauls, 2 Dragon Boots

skills like prayer and con are by NO MEANS some of the easiest!

Some people have mentioned that getting the money should not actually be included as part of "getting the skill" itself. Maybe it isn't in some respects but you are getting the money FOR the skill, without the money, you cannot level it and getting the money, egg, 100m for prayer, 100-200m for con IS exeptionally difficult for the majority of runescape players.

You and your brother must be exeptionally small-minded, if either of you happen to have 99 cooking/some other easy-ish skill how about you make 99 construction/prayer your next goal \'

4D485FC689.png

4d485fc689.png

4d485fc689.png

• 2 months later...
Lots of people talking about how it's hard to get the money to raise the buyable skills. Depends how you make the money. Party room, there you go. Picking up the runes from the respawn points in the wilderness... Well.. ;)

that would still take a ton of effort to earn the money. The point is earning 100mil is going to be harder then gaining 99 cook so pray is not easier then cooking etc.

awteno.jpg

Orthodoxy is unconciousness

the only ones who should kill are those who are prepared to be killed.

• 3 weeks later...