The Overall Easiest 99 Skill To Get?

Jacks0n

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After getting 99 cooking couple weeks ago, I have to say cooking. 300k xp/h, no cost (might even profit) and easily afkable. You also meet alot of other people while cooking (rogues den for example) and usually have always someone to chat.

If the money wasn't big of a problem (meaning you can do "the most" efficient grinding on levels - reasonable of course) prayer would be easiest. Considering there are quite a bit of people who even got rich "by a chance". For example: You started playing long time ago and happened to gather quite a few rares when they were easy to obtain and then quited. Now coming back to play and have easily 1b bank. I know that virtually happened to me to some extent.

On the other hand, I find it quite weird that people are actually suggesting skills like fishing or woodcutting for easiest skill to level up. Even though those skills are fairly afkable, they're also atleast three times slower than cooking for example. Even with the fastest possible methods. Easily more. Been recently leveling woodcutting with mahogany. It yields an average of 55k xp/h, and it really feels slow after fast paced cooking. I would never say woodcutting is easier.. Not even with ivy or teaks. I tried those too.

However, for everything mentioned above and the easy accessability of it - I have to say cooking.

u5zhkTY.gif

I think this sums up the ease of woodcutting. Thx Ivy, lol.

wclol.jpg

Guildddddd Warssssss <3

I should do that and get my wc to an even 85, 82 looks bad on thr stat menu.

Click here for all the good stuff

[hide]Drops: 2x Basilisk Head 1x KBD Heads 1x Bando's Tasset (FFA) 45x D Boots 1x D Legs 1x D Med 1x Visage (Fd) 40+Effigy 4x Whip 3x Claws 4x Elite Clues

Barrows: 1x Karil's Top 2x Ahrim's Top 1x Guthan's Spear 1x Guthan's Skirt 1x Karil's X bow 1x Verac's Brassard 1x D Med 1x Guthan's Platebody 1x Karil's Coif 1x Torag's Hammers

Corp: 1x Arcane Split 1x Missed Arcane

DK: 6x Zerker 2x Warrior 8x Hatchet 1x Seercul 2x Mud Staff 2x Seers 4x Archer

Achievements:

99 Attack 6/20/10 101,194th 99 Cooking 7/20/10 122,253rd 99 Magic 9/7/10 71,666th 99 HP 9/9/10 101,964th

99 Range 11/6/10 74,927th 99 Strength 11/7/10 164,778th 99 Defence 12/5/10 92,351st 2,100 Total 11/25/10

Firecape 8/3/10 Extremes 8/14/10 Turmoil 9/26/10 Rapier 10/15/10

http://www.youtube.com/user/Greg2952

[/hide]

The fact that you mention 99 construction is an insult. There are about 300 people with 99 construction and 20k or so with 99 fletching/cooking. This already shows that construction skillcape is extremely rare. For a long period of time (and even maybe now, but i havn't checked) Construction has been the rarest skillcape due to it's immense cost and most people consider it "not worth it". Compare this to fletching/cooking for which the capes are abundant.

Furthermore, construction is very expensive and has virtually NO return. The experience gain isn't all that generous either making it a hard skill. One of the most expensive to be precise

Cooking/Fletching have ridiculously high exp rates and the total amount spent on them is very slight. This is because most of the money you spend to get 99 cooking/fletching can be returned, negating a part of the cost.

Prayer also doesn't deserve to be included. Although it has more people (about 3k last I checked), this is all due to people just considering it more "useful". 99 prayer is also one of the most expensive skills and also has NO return on the investment. How could you possibly even think that one of the most expensive skills even comes close to comparing to fletching/cooking

lol i see your point but i think this person is talking about time taken to achieve 99

even this way con is out lol pray is a possibility its fast but costly

another one that this person may have over looked if he is going purly on fastest xp gain is summ ive seen people get from 94-99 summ in one day but that requires the charms and the money to get it to go that fast

i think if you realy had every thing needed befor starting you could do 3-99 summ in 2-3 days

Don't assume a skill is easy just because it is buyable. A lot of people forget that the time spent to get the cash ALSO counts as time taken to get 99 in that skill.

whatcolor_isblack.jpg

LOKIZ.png

need to work on that new skill eh?

• 3 months later...

I hate to bump this old thread, but a long time ago someone had a thread that tracked the most common 99s in the game, but I can't find it. Does anyone still track that?

This Rune Wiki Page should have what you want, and since it's just numbers the wiki should be pretty accurate.

http://i700.photobucket.com/albums/ww6/aspeeder/Siggy_zpsewaiux2t.png

99 Strength since 6/02/10 99 Attack since 9/19/10 99 Constitution since 10/03/10 99 Defense since 3/14/11

99 Slayer since 8/30/11 99 Summoning since 9/10/11 99 Ranged since 09/18/11 99 Magic since 11/12/11

99 Prayer since 11/15/11 99 Herblore since 3/29/12 99 Firemaking since 5/15/12 99 Smithing since 10/04/12

99 Crafting since 9/16/13 99 Agility since 9/23/13 99 Dungeoneering since 1/1/14 99 Fishing since 2/4/14

99 Mining since 2/28/14 99 Farming since 6/04/14 99 Cooking since 6/11/14 99 Runecrafting since 10/10/14

9 Fletching since 11/11/14 99 Thieving since 11/14/14 99 Woodcutting since 11/20/14 99 Construction since 12/03/14

99 Divination since 2/22/15 99 Hunter since 2/23/15 99 Invention since 01/20/17 99 Archaeology since 5/14/22
Quest Point Cape since 08/20/09
Maxed since 2/23/15 Fire Cape since 02/27/13
Slayer: 3 Leaf-Bladed Swords, 8 Black Masks, 2 Hexcrests, 26 Granite Mauls, 5 Focus Sights, 32 Abyssal Whips, 9 Dark Bows, 1 Whip Vine, 3 Staffs of Light, 15 Polypore Sticks

Dragon: 9 Draconic Visages, 7 Shield Left Halves, 20 Dragon Boots, 40 Dragon Med Helms, 8 Dragon Platelegs, 6 Dragon Spears, 20 Dragon Daggers, 5 Dragon Plateskirts, 1 Dragon Chainbody, 63 Off-hand Dragon Throwing Axes, 19 Dragon Longswords, 27 Dragon Maces, 1 Dragon Ward
Treasure Trails: Saradomin Full Helm, Ranger Boots, Rune Body (t), Saradomin Vambraces, Various God Pages
Misc:1 Onyx,1 Ahrim's Hood, 1 Guthan's Chainskirt, 1 Demon Slayer Boots

I hate to bump this old thread, but a long time ago someone had a thread that tracked the most common 99s in the game, but I can't find it. Does anyone still track that?

This Rune Wiki Page should have what you want, and since it's just numbers the wiki should be pretty accurate.

Wow that's really surprising.

I didn't expect so many people with 99 farming - is it really that easy?

Also surprised at mining - didn't think it would be that low.

capt%20kevin.png

Here's a pic I took when a certain player was within like 1k of 99 in all skills (just before Dunge iirc). Since then he's gotten exp from Dunge so looking him up isn't usefull for number of 99's but you can compare this picture to the RSW link and see the number of 99's gained in just over 1 year.

23450423.jpg

Farming isn't accurate. This picture was just taken.

farming.png

And for anyone too lazy to see what the rs wiki has.

farmingwiki.png

Perhaps someone just doesn't like farming :grin:

jpegsigtest.jpg

Woodcutting has to be the easiest by far. I've neen doing Ivy for the past 2 or 3 days while doing a few assignments for Uni. You put the volume up a bit, put on the sound and you chop away. I was gaining 70k exp an hour while looking up about every 3 or 3 and a half minutes. Then i click once and look down again. No other skill in the entire game is this easy.

Mining Gold Conc Ore comes close though. Last time i tested with Juju + Yak i had to bank once per Juju dose (5 minutes) while on a solo world.

I think this is it

http://forum.tip.it/...mber-1-1201-am/

I took all this from Vulxai since it would probably be better to just continue discussing here rather than bump another old thread. I also updated the 99s that all should be accurate as of today (i found these myself i didn't take from the wiki)

#. SKILL - Nov 1 2009 - April 4 2011

1. Runecrafting 2,671 - 9,162

2. Construction 3,181 - 9,836

3. Herblore 3,235 - 17,010

4. Summoning 3,423 - 16,390

5. Mining 3,741 - 18,968

6. Agility 4,061 - 13,820

7. Farming 5,208 - 13,750

8. Smithing 5,654 - 15,867

9. Slayer 6,114 - 17,376

10. Crafting 7,515 -15,979

11. Thieving 11,177 - 26,230

12. Hunter 11,274 - 27,964

13. Prayer 12,753 - 25,636

14. Fishing 21,587 - 58,982

15. Firemaking 32,047 - 69,387

16. Magic 40,321 - 108,132

17. Woodcutting 43,817 - 144,782

18. Ranged 46,848 - 90,480

19. Defence 55,532 - 107,781

20. Hitpoints 68,180 - 127,310

21. Attack 76,971 - 140,382

22. Fletching 82,932 - 134,742

23. Cooking 90,900 - 172,116

24. Strength 107,733 - 197,925

Duneoneering 0 - 8,554 This one did have any data so i added what it currently is at

It's pretty crazy how much some of those have grown.

jpegsigtest.jpg

I remember when I made my thread over a year ago (the results posted just above this), the RS wiki was pretty off, so it may still be rather inaccurate.

~ Proud Father ~ Proud (Currently Deployed) Army National Guardsmen ~ Proud Lakota ~ Retired Tip.It Crew ~

cooking easier than fleching no question about it, so you can rule fleching out to be easiest

if your discussing it in tearms of you have all supplies for fastest method, then id say construction as with demonic throne is rather fast and not many clicks what so ever once you get that level, and to get level is fast any how using best method constantly to get there

however looking at it in more efficient manner

prayer i would say is easiest, it would be fast not many click due to the x option and not many clicks

cooking may draw with prayer, as you can have fire or range next to bank (burthorpe / cook guild) making it less time to get destination to get the xp may still be slower than prayer but less clicks etc make it easier, which is obv the topic

if your thinking of ability to get supplies, cooking be easiest

i didnt chose herblore, as making unf is rather annoying and tedious

tenebri.png

I checked personally, and it's not. The real number is around 13,000.

EDIT: didn't see the pics already posted, sorry.

Bionic_Yoshi.png

TT rewards: 2 ranger boots, Zamorak page 1 (2x), Guthix page 1, Ancient page 2

You must construct additional oak larders doors... I mean pylons

Barrows: 10. Total value~22.3 mil. Ahrim Robeskirt is currently the item I have received the most.

I wouldn't be surprised if someone reading this thread trolled the wiki due to the above emphasized statement. Considering that my 98 farming puts me, at the time of writing, in the 14k-th rank range, I knew right away the wiki's 70k 99 farmers figure was a troll.

Alphanos

Alphanos.png

I've got 99s in melee, fletching and cooking before and for me I found melee the easiest because it was something I enjoyed and could easily afk if I wanted with very little clicking. I found it just came naturally while playing RS.

I had to manual sting longbows though then so I guess it's fairly AFKable now, slower though! But I found I got bored doing it near the end and it was just a mission to finish off, same with cooking. That's what made it hard for me.

But yeah I'd say..

Melees

Fletching

Cooking

I checked personally, and it's not. The real number is around 13,000.

EDIT: didn't see the pics already posted, sorry.

*sigh*

Guess I'll check that off as another thing rune wiki doesn't have right :mellow:

http://i700.photobucket.com/albums/ww6/aspeeder/Siggy_zpsewaiux2t.png

99 Strength since 6/02/10 99 Attack since 9/19/10 99 Constitution since 10/03/10 99 Defense since 3/14/11

99 Slayer since 8/30/11 99 Summoning since 9/10/11 99 Ranged since 09/18/11 99 Magic since 11/12/11

99 Prayer since 11/15/11 99 Herblore since 3/29/12 99 Firemaking since 5/15/12 99 Smithing since 10/04/12

99 Crafting since 9/16/13 99 Agility since 9/23/13 99 Dungeoneering since 1/1/14 99 Fishing since 2/4/14

99 Mining since 2/28/14 99 Farming since 6/04/14 99 Cooking since 6/11/14 99 Runecrafting since 10/10/14

9 Fletching since 11/11/14 99 Thieving since 11/14/14 99 Woodcutting since 11/20/14 99 Construction since 12/03/14

99 Divination since 2/22/15 99 Hunter since 2/23/15 99 Invention since 01/20/17 99 Archaeology since 5/14/22
Quest Point Cape since 08/20/09
Maxed since 2/23/15 Fire Cape since 02/27/13
Slayer: 3 Leaf-Bladed Swords, 8 Black Masks, 2 Hexcrests, 26 Granite Mauls, 5 Focus Sights, 32 Abyssal Whips, 9 Dark Bows, 1 Whip Vine, 3 Staffs of Light, 15 Polypore Sticks

Dragon: 9 Draconic Visages, 7 Shield Left Halves, 20 Dragon Boots, 40 Dragon Med Helms, 8 Dragon Platelegs, 6 Dragon Spears, 20 Dragon Daggers, 5 Dragon Plateskirts, 1 Dragon Chainbody, 63 Off-hand Dragon Throwing Axes, 19 Dragon Longswords, 27 Dragon Maces, 1 Dragon Ward
Treasure Trails: Saradomin Full Helm, Ranger Boots, Rune Body (t), Saradomin Vambraces, Various God Pages
Misc:1 Onyx,1 Ahrim's Hood, 1 Guthan's Chainskirt, 1 Demon Slayer Boots

Cooking, I don't see how anything else can come close. The best way of training it that doesn't involve brawlers is cooking in the Cooking Guild (after Varrock Hard, which is not a lofty requirement). In there, you can basically click 3 times every minute or two and be set. It's also a very fast skill and because of the ~2-3 steps' distance from the bank to the range, really needs minimal attention. Nowadays, when I'm bored of RS but still want to get XP, I just train Cooking while playing another game. I don't like Cooking, but it is so easy, even that isn't a turnoff. Only melees could come close with those AFK methods like bandits, but because of the fact that it's combat I would still have to pay attention, and paying attention to a not enjoyed skill leads to boredom (I enjoy fighting, except for training it with cookie cutter methods, which is one of my least favorite things to do).

2077089531_93b87b9d10.jpg

You're being watched.

Fletching and Cooking were my first two 99s (in that order :P), but I'll admit they're by far the easiest 99s - Cooking was easier, since it required less clicks per hour to do each invy (I strung yew longs to 99 Fletching).

Melees are pretty easy, but they do require more supplies, depending on how you go about doing it - just grinding AZs or LRC would only require small amounts of supplies (LRC moreso, since I'd be using piety/turmoil on those constantly and no altar nearby). Melee training via Slayer would require more of everything - pots, food, summon pouches, but still would be fairly easy. Just time consuming.

Just looking at the time used, Crafting and Smithing are both really easy 99s, but since Smithing is considerably more expensive, that puts it more out of reach.

Firemaking is fast xp, but I personally find it boring as hell, so I mark it higher in difficulty because of that >.>

So, easiest 99s, in terms of availability and cost... I'd say Cooking (since we can click a couple times to cook 28 fish, sit back and do whatever for a minute or two, and repeat), then Fletching (depending on method used, could be just as click non-intensive as Cooking via fletching unstrung bows, or a tiny bit more clicking with stringing bows), then... not sure. Maybe Dungeoneering, since the xp/hr rate for that gets extremely high up closer to 99 (and higher), and it requires nothing in supplies.

Disregarding availability and costs and going for sheer xp... maybe Cooking, depending on how the xp/hr rate is using brawlers with anything (wines, I heard?) is. If not that, then Smithing afterward (seeing as straight up addy plates with no bonus xp givers is 256k xp/hr or so). Prayer with frost dragon bones would also be quick, although I personally haven't used them before :P Construction I also have zero clue about for xp, but I'd assume it could be extremely fast with those demonic thrones, like an above poster said.

Hm... just basing ease off of the enjoyability of a skill, Dungeoneering could be the absolute easiest, or the absolute hardest, depending on who you ask :P

But yeah, I don't like going absolute mainstream with my training methods either anymore, hence why I've been trying to diy supplies, not grind melees at azs/lrc, solo dg, etc (yes, I enjoy soloing dg).

Link_Olaran.png

I think this is it

http://forum.tip.it/topic/249741-runescapes-rarest-99s-as-of-november-1-1201-am/

I took all this from Vulxai since it would probably be better to just continue discussing here rather than bump another old thread. I also updated the 99s that all should be accurate as of today (i found these myself i didn't take from the wiki)

#. SKILL - Nov 1 2009 - April 4 2011

1. Runecrafting 2,671 - 9,162

2. Construction 3,181 - 9,836

3. Herblore 3,235 - 17,010

4. Summoning 3,423 - 16,390

5. Mining 3,741 - 18,968

6. Agility 4,061 - 13,820

7. Farming 5,208 - 13,750

8. Smithing 5,654 - 15,867

9. Slayer 6,114 - 17,376

10. Crafting 7,515 -15,979

11. Thieving 11,177 - 26,230

12. Hunter 11,274 - 27,964

13. Prayer 12,753 - 25,636

14. Fishing 21,587 - 58,982

15. Firemaking 32,047 - 69,387

16. Magic 40,321 - 108,132

17. Woodcutting 43,817 - 144,782

18. Ranged 46,848 - 90,480

19. Defence 55,532 - 107,781

20. Hitpoints 68,180 - 127,310

21. Attack 76,971 - 140,382

22. Fletching 82,932 - 134,742

23. Cooking 90,900 - 172,116

24. Strength 107,733 - 197,925

Duneoneering 0 - 8,554 This one did have any data so i added what it currently is at

It's pretty crazy how much some of those have grown.

Wonder how many of these are because of bots...*shudders*

Dirkadirka98.png

Fletching and Cooking were my first two 99s (in that order :P), but I'll admit they're by far the easiest 99s - Cooking was easier, since it required less clicks per hour to do each invy (I strung yew longs to 99 Fletching).

Melees are pretty easy, but they do require more supplies, depending on how you go about doing it - just grinding AZs or LRC would only require small amounts of supplies (LRC moreso, since I'd be using piety/turmoil on those constantly and no altar nearby). Melee training via Slayer would require more of everything - pots, food, summon pouches, but still would be fairly easy. Just time consuming.

Just looking at the time used, Crafting and Smithing are both really easy 99s, but since Smithing is considerably more expensive, that puts it more out of reach.

Firemaking is fast xp, but I personally find it boring as hell, so I mark it higher in difficulty because of that >.>

So, easiest 99s, in terms of availability and cost... I'd say Cooking (since we can click a couple times to cook 28 fish, sit back and do whatever for a minute or two, and repeat), then Fletching (depending on method used, could be just as click non-intensive as Cooking via fletching unstrung bows, or a tiny bit more clicking with stringing bows), then... not sure. Maybe Dungeoneering, since the xp/hr rate for that gets extremely high up closer to 99 (and higher), and it requires nothing in supplies.

Disregarding availability and costs and going for sheer xp... maybe Cooking, depending on how the xp/hr rate is using brawlers with anything (wines, I heard?) is. If not that, then Smithing afterward (seeing as straight up addy plates with no bonus xp givers is 256k xp/hr or so). Prayer with frost dragon bones would also be quick, although I personally haven't used them before :P Construction I also have zero clue about for xp, but I'd assume it could be extremely fast with those demonic thrones, like an above poster said.

Hm... just basing ease off of the enjoyability of a skill, Dungeoneering could be the absolute easiest, or the absolute hardest, depending on who you ask :P

But yeah, I don't like going absolute mainstream with my training methods either anymore, hence why I've been trying to diy supplies, not grind melees at azs/lrc, solo dg, etc (yes, I enjoy soloing dg).

Demonic thrones are at 99 construction. They are good for training to 200m (if you have the money), but as for getting to 99, not a chance.

Dirkadirka98.png