The Overall Easiest 99 Skill To Get?

Jacks0n

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Depends on your definition of easy. If you define easy as 'fast overall xp', then yea, cooking, possibly fletching/thieving. Remember that you have to factor in the amount of time it takes to earn the money you have to spend to level the skill.

If you define easy as 'simple to level', then pretty much every skill is comparable, with the possible exceptions of slayer/summoning.

satan_panda.png

• 2 weeks later...

I would say woodcutting without a doubt, with a bit higher rhytm per hour than fishing, afk skill.. profitable skill.. easy-bank skill.. decent exp per hour..

Road to success <--- Blog :D

skala2.png

99 Hunter 99 Firemaking 99 Cooking

99 Thieving 92 Runecraft 99 Fletching

99 Herblore99 Agility

• 2 weeks later...

If you ask me, the skills that require the least effort are definitely fletching and cooking.

They don't take nearly as much effort as many other skills to get to 99, you get experience quickly, and can do it (cook and fletch) pretty much all over the game, and also gather the necessary resources (raw food and logs) all over the game as well.

When it comes to simplicity, woodcutting, mining and fishing are the easiest, you could stand by some trees/rocks/fishing spots and just cut/mine/fish and drop the logs/ore/fish all the way to 99. However, these take a lot longer than fletching and cooking.

When it comes to overall fastest skill to 99 excluding the money factor, I suppose it's prayer. Not too sure.

I would have to say that the easiest skill is cooking... not because is is buyable, but because it costs very little money (you can sell the fish again for a nominal loss), and takes possibly the least time of any skillcape, along with requiring very little of the players attention.

"Those who give up their liberty for more security neither deserve liberty nor security."

Support transparency... and by extension, freedom and democracy.

I think that cooking is the easiest because of the speed (easily over 300k an hour with sharks). I went 89-94 in one day. Whoever said woodcutting is the easiest, that isnt true :wall: it's under 65k an hour with willows and a dragon axe, making it fairly time consuming. If money is not a factor, crafting is about the same speed as cooking, and construction is also extremely fast. Fletching is free and fast, so that's pretty easy as well.

Porpington9.png

Porpington9.png

porpington9.png

Porpington9.png

I mentioned Construction and Prayer because they are uber fast. If you have the money to buy Construction, Prayer or Herblore or whatever skills are uber fast, then they are the easiest. It's just the part about making money. As I mentioned in my last post about the party room.. Easy money. But picking up the runes in the respawn spot in the wilderness is like 2k an hour. The party room could be anything.. Pop a balloon and get 100m. There you go, 100m just like that. The fact is is that there are different ways of making money, making the skills you choose to spend the money could be easy or hard, depending on how you made the money in the first place.

Cooking can be obtained faster than fletching, and the cost difference is negligible, so I would rule out fletching.

If you have the money for both, then Prayer is "easier" to level than construction, since very little clicking is involved, and sitting while you gain xp is generally accepted as "easier" than vigorous clicking.

So, basically, Cooking for those who don't make a lot of money, Prayer for those who do.

Or I could go all Zarfot on you, and calculate the time difference, and tell you how much you need to value your time at to prefer prayer :D

But to be fair, I value time spent doing different things very differently.

You will earn my gratitude if you pick one thing about my post above which you would like me to change and send it to me in a private message.

• 2 weeks later...

The easiest 99 to get is most definitely cooking. It can be obtained in about a week, requires very minimal money compared to the other purchasable 99s, and requires next to no clicking. 210k+ exp an hour at 94 while essentially afking? Prayer can't beat that. Even with Prayer brawlers, I want to gouge out my eyes when I'm done with using them up. With construction you can hardly afk. Cooking even trumps fletching. Fletching requires three inventories to finish 28 bows, which means minimal exp gain. The only thing that makes fletching a better choice compared to cooking is that cooking goods can be a bit tedious to obtain at times, and fletching supplies are(or were, I haven't fletched in such a long time) usually extremely easy to obtain.

Whips:3

Dragon Boots:23

GWD Drops: 1xBandos Hilt, 1xBandos Tassets.

I would have to say.....

Cooking/Fletching.

4rvq0m.jpg

^Hawt new Siggy^ Made by yours truly.

Yeah, Spanish class is where everything funny happens.

Click To see my Origami gallery!

[hide=Important drops]Important drops..... Bandos Tassets x2

Dragon medium helm x 1

Dragon pickaxe x 1 (6m)

Verac's Brassard x 1

Veracs's Helm x 2

Verac's Skirt x 1

Guthan's Helm x 2

Guthan's spear x 1

Karil's Leatherskirt x 1

Karil's C'bow x 1

Dharok's Helm x 1 (4.6m)[/hide]

OVERALL? Thieving.

Once you say overall, you have to consider the time taken to get appropriate levels, secondary skills, quests, and money needed. All you need to power through thieving is to do the Feud + Rouge Trader (or maybe not even Rouge Trader since you can just buy a blackjack) or start Icharian's Little Helper. The Feud would take about 30 minutes and maybe an hour or two getting the stats for it. For Icharian's Little Helper, you basically just walk in and you're good.

Of course, you need to get med-level thieving first. But there are no quest requirements for any of the good low-level training spots.

Compared to the other "fast" 99s, such as cooking, firemaking, and fletching, thieving is the quickest since you don't need money to train it. Ok, well you need a little, but really no more than 20k, and you can profit off blackjacking as well.

And then compared to the other no-cost 99s, there are no quest requirements and really no other skill requirements other than those for The Feud, if you chose the blackjack. If you chose to PP, then there are NO other skill requirements.

Cooking is the easiest. You spend the least amount of money in the skill, and the XP gains are decent as well.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

OVERALL? Thieving.

Once you say overall, you have to consider the time taken to get appropriate levels, secondary skills, quests, and money needed. All you need to power through thieving is to do the Feud + Rouge Trader (or maybe not even Rouge Trader since you can just buy a blackjack) or start Icharian's Little Helper. The Feud would take about 30 minutes and maybe an hour or two getting the stats for it. For Icharian's Little Helper, you basically just walk in and you're good.

Of course, you need to get med-level thieving first. But there are no quest requirements for any of the good low-level training spots.

Compared to the other "fast" 99s, such as cooking, firemaking, and fletching, thieving is the quickest since you don't need money to train it. Ok, well you need a little, but really no more than 20k, and you can profit off blackjacking as well.

And then compared to the other no-cost 99s, there are no quest requirements and really no other skill requirements other than those for The Feud, if you chose the blackjack. If you chose to PP, then there are NO other skill requirements.

Thieving requires a lot more clicking than fletching and cooking. Therefore I'd say it's not the easiest. Though it might be faster xp-wise.

The fact that you mention 99 construction is an insult. There are about 300 people with 99 construction and 20k or so with 99 fletching/cooking. This already shows that construction skillcape is extremely rare. For a long period of time (and even maybe now, but i havn't checked) Construction has been the rarest skillcape due to it's immense cost and most people consider it "not worth it". Compare this to fletching/cooking for which the capes are abundant.

Furthermore, construction is very expensive and has virtually NO return. The experience gain isn't all that generous either making it a hard skill. One of the most expensive to be precise

Cooking/Fletching have ridiculously high exp rates and the total amount spent on them is very slight. This is because most of the money you spend to get 99 cooking/fletching can be returned, negating a part of the cost.

Prayer also doesn't deserve to be included. Although it has more people (about 3k last I checked), this is all due to people just considering it more "useful". 99 prayer is also one of the most expensive skills and also has NO return on the investment. How could you possibly even think that one of the most expensive skills even comes close to comparing to fletching/cooking

Don't assume a skill is easy just because it is buyable. A lot of people forget that the time spent to get the cash ALSO counts as time taken to get 99 in that skill.

if that was me i'd no life sc then spend half of the planks, its still worth iy \'

Thieving requires a lot more clicking than fletching and cooking. Therefore I'd say it's not the easiest. Though it might be faster xp-wise.

Yeah, but it does take forever to get to 91. I'd say Thieving is much harder than Cooking and Fletching, although it is still pretty easy in terms of all skills.

speed: herblore I think is fastest (with unf pots)

price: runecrafting (you gain the most money)

mixture of both: cooking I guess :roll:

Best Rubik's cube time solve: 27.81 seconds.

Completed Facebook Tetris Marathon (670k score)

2000+ total with 5 99's, fletching, cooking, attack, thieving and firemaking

Attack: Go to orks, come back a few weeks later and you have 99 attack. The only problem is that you'll probably get banned =P

Cooking, Fast exp and afkable. I got 73 - 89 in less than a week playing only a few hours a day :thumbsup: