Dark Bow Vs Magic Shortbow

Andrew_s_2

You are wrong. In the time it takes for a D bow to fire, an MSB can fire 6 times. MSB owns Dark Bow, hands down.

I been at Cws all day now, I watched myself and msb-ers and they atatck twice when i atatck once....

Hmm... you're sorta right. The MSB is six times faster than the dark bow, which means it can fire 6 times while the dark bow fires once. However, it can only fire seven times in the time it takes a dark bow to fire twice :-k .

Ah, this reminds me about the noob on the Runescape forums who was upset with the quest "Cold War" because apparently his grandparents died in the war. :wall:

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm... you're sorta right. The MSB is six times faster than the dark bow, which means it can fire 6 times while the dark bow fires once. However, it can only fire seven times in the time it takes a dark bow to fire twice :-k .

Have you ever owned a Dark Bow or done any tests to prove this? The MSB fires at a 5 times in the time it takes the dark bow 2 times to shoot. That's a 5:2 ratio not the 6:1 or 7:2 you keep going on about. Now go do some tests and prove me wrong.

The MSB does not "own" the Dark Bow "hands down". It's just barely faster than the Dark Bow in arrows fired. And the Dark Bow's power makes up for that. Please don't make assumptions on things you're not 100% sure about.

My opinion: MSB = Dark Bow.

a1d50c4e9b.png

269 QP | All Stats 60+ (except Summoning) | Barrows Drops: 8 | Dragon Drops: 1

Have you ever owned a Dark Bow or done any tests to prove this? The MSB fires at a 5 times in the time it takes the dark bow 2 times to shoot. That's a 5:2 ratio not the 6:1 or 7:2 you keep going on about. Now go do some tests and prove me wrong.

The MSB does not "own" the Dark Bow "hands down". It's just barely faster than the Dark Bow in arrows fired. And the Dark Bow's power makes up for that. Please don't make assumptions on things you're not 100% sure about.

My opinion: MSB = Dark Bow.

Well written, my opinion is dark bow > msb on monsters with high defence and vica versa, so they are quite the same overall.

igsig.png

Well i think Db is better,ive always wanted one. In fact thats what im saving for now. The Msb is better in terms of price because if u die,you only haven to pay 5k for a new one.

For me Db

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably
practising some euphonium

You nearly had me fooled, you fooler you

Euphonium/10.

9/10. To me, always associate Albel with musical stuff in OT.

Everyone with a goatee and glasses is Albel now.

lmfao albel m8 wat r u doin, hi though.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]

Dark bow is only useful for its spec... it's exactly twice as slow as crystal but shoots two arrows at a time. However, "crystal arrows" are more powerful than the dark bow ammo you'd be using (unless you'd be willing to waste 15k per shot with dragon arrows instead of 72gp per shot w/ crystal).

For training the MSB or crossbow is way better. Dark bow is so slow that someone can steal your monster in-between your shots.

77yLQy8.png

Well i think Db is better,ive always wanted one. In fact thats what im saving for now. The Msb is better in terms of price because if u die,you only haven to pay 5k for a new one.

For me Db

Trust me, don't waste your time or money; it's really not worth it. A msb, crystal bow, or iron knives are all much better alternatives.

You are wrong. In the time it takes for a D bow to fire, an MSB can fire 6 times. MSB owns Dark Bow, hands down.

Nice fact there, buddy. How deep were you in lag-ville when you saw this?

The-Road-2.gif

Siggy By...me! ^^

If you've got any tips on sig making, photoshop in general, or a recommendation on a good DSLR to get me started, pm me =]

I remember testing the Dark Bow once.

First, it's attack range on BOTH rapid and long range is 10. That matches the crystal bow.

It's interesting to note that there's no weapon (except maybe cannon, haven't tested that one) that has an attack range greater than 10. And there's no reason to use long range on the Dark Bow besides defence experience.

Second, it's special attack can hit a theoretical 92, as the max hit ever seen with one arrow on special is 46. It may be higher and if you have pictures proving otherwise please post.

Also, it shoots exactly twice per five attacks with an MSB. Meaning an MSB deals one extra hit every two attacks with the Dark Bow, but the Dark Bow is more accurate, and deals more damage at once.

It's pretty much useless as a primary weapon in PvP. Just hitting high isn't enough, you need to hit fast to keep them healing, although it is a VERY good knockout weapon.

It's deadly accurate, and my favorite weapon at Dagannoth Kings now. Also, it's full attack range doesn't hurt.

It can use dragon arrows, so if you're planning to use ONLY dragon arrows, you can deal more damage/set amount of time than Magic Shortbow if you're attacking a target weak enough that you hit practically every time.

So don't plan on PKing with JUST a darkbow. The fact is, you can't take out anyone with max HP in one shot, even in void, and they'll just heal themselves then hit back between every attack. But if it's some monster you used to use a crystal bow on for accuracy, use dark bow instead. Also if you have 10k dragon arrows and their price drops to the abyss, then dark bow is a feasible alternative for a training weapon.

Well written, my opinion is dark bow > msb on monsters with high defence and vica versa, so they are quite the same overall.

Rune xbow with mith bolts and up is generally used to fight high defence monsters (like dragons), making dark bow more or less obselete. Speed wise, it loses to MSB. Power-wise, rune xbow owns it.

Strangely with WotLK so near, I wished I could delay it a bit to push through that last TBC content in MH/BT :'(.

Rune xbow with mith bolts and up is generally used to fight high defence monsters (like dragons), making dark bow more or less obselete. Speed wise, it loses to MSB. Power-wise, rune xbow owns it.

Well I fight dragons too and I use rune c bow with mithril bolts or Crystal bow. But this was a competition between darkbow and magic short bow.

But I don't blame you, rune c bow is really good.

igsig.png

The DB is a better KO weapon, thus probably a better overall wep in my opinion. I mean, you can hit constant 10s with an msb. but with a d bow, you can do that in one hit. Its why dharoks are so popular. for whips and d scims, you hit a pretty constant amount of small damage, making it kinda hard to ko immediatly. but for dharok, you might get lucky and hit one big hit, instant ko. same with d bow. one big hit is much harder to survive or heal up after then lots of small ones.

[hide=]

tip it would pay me $500.00 to keep my clothes ON :( :lol:
But then again, you fail to realize that 101% of the people in this universe hate you. Yes, humankind's hatred against you goes beyond mathematical possibilities.
That tears it. I'm starting an animal rebellion using my mind powers. Those PETA bastards will never see it coming until the porcupines are half way up their asses.
[/hide]

montageo.png

Apparently a lot of people say it. I own.

http://linkagg.com/ Not my site, but a simple, budding site that links often unheard-of websites that are amazing for usefulness and fun.

I'd say crystal bow would be more effective in ranged training over its ammo-required counterparts, as the time it takes to pick up your arrows/bolts, (as well as the stray one or two ammo some money-saving people like to pick up) adds up and is taken away from time that could otherwise be spent dealing damage and obtaining exp.

However, this is somewhat negated with the degradation of the crystal bow (lacking much power when it is in its dying stages) and the time taken to recharge the seed after it is all used up.

imo, for training: MSB=Crystal Bow>Rune cbow>dark bow.

I like speed over power, tbh. :P

I have 8 crystal bows, degradation is never an issue...why? You count your shots, at about 240, switch to a lower bow, when it hits 10 shots the weaker bow you now have equipped, takes the degradation. Switch back to your full bow and repeat. Gives the ability to shoot 240 shots at full crystal power, and 10 shots at a lower. I use 10 in case I miscount. So 95% of the time I am using the most powerful bow without concern of collecting bolts/arrows. 8 bows because making that run to the elf to recharge is more efficient, plus you go through bows quick.

I have dark bow *points to slayer lev*, and while it looks cool, I prefer to sell them and use my crystals, even tho as you can tell by my stats, I dont range often as I detest it. Nver understood the attraction, 2-3 hits melee, vice 2-3 mins plucking a bow...same kill. meh

btw i go through about 6k cannon shots per dark bow drop...sigh, still profitable tho *huggz slayer*

lord+krohn.png

RS name: lord krohn Combat 138

slayer specific: 103 whips, 38 dark bows and 250+ dragon boots dropped to date.

Dragon drops: 5 Half shields, 21 drag legs, 8 dragon skirts, and 9 drag meds dropped to date.

I think anyone who has used both a MSB and a dbow (very few people posting on this topic tbh -.- ) will agree that the msb is far superior for killing monsters - the dark bow's higher attack counts for nothing when almost every attack hits anyway.

I'd say crystal bow would be more effective in ranged training over its ammo-required counterparts, as the time it takes to pick up your arrows/bolts, (as well as the stray one or two ammo some money-saving people like to pick up) adds up and is taken away from time that could otherwise be spent dealing damage and obtaining exp.

However, this is somewhat negated with the degradation of the crystal bow (lacking much power when it is in its dying stages) and the time taken to recharge the seed after it is all used up.

I have 8 crystal bows, degradation is never an issue...why? You count your shots, at about 240, switch to a lower bow, when it hits 10 shots the weaker bow you now have equipped, takes the degradation. Switch back to your full bow and repeat. Gives the ability to shoot 240 shots at full crystal power, and 10 shots at a lower. I use 10 in case I miscount. So 95% of the time I am using the most powerful bow without concern of collecting bolts/arrows. 8 bows because making that run to the elf to recharge is more efficient, plus you go through bows quick.

I have dark bow *points to slayer lev*, and while it looks cool, I prefer to sell them and use my crystals, even tho as you can tell by my stats, I dont range often as I detest it. Nver understood the attraction, 2-3 hits melee, vice 2-3 mins plucking a bow...same kill. meh

btw i go through about 6k cannon shots per dark bow drop...sigh, still profitable tho *huggz slayer*

May I ask if you have a special trick counting? or do you just count them 1 after 1 etc.

igsig.png

May I ask if you have a special trick counting? or do you just count them 1 after 1 etc.

I used to count my shots 1 by 1...that got boring after about 10 shots...

I don't know why people use a crystal bow now anyways, since a rune xbow with mith/addy bolts is better, and you don't have to count shots or recharge it :-k

Those saying db is a good overall weapon, I bet they never actually tried training with it :lol: