CAT!@

amoeba_009

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

* Lots of love and attention

* A good litter box that should be changed twice a week.

* Train them with tasty treats as rewards.

* Decide if you want to raise it as a house or outdoors cat.

I have an amazing cat. He's a Sphynx (like the one from Austin Powers).

He's a hairless cat and I named him Pharaoh

Pharaoh01.jpg

Harrington.gif

Got love and attention covered. :D Im going to see it tomorrow, ill post pics? :P Thanks! Any other tips? How would i train the cat to use the litter box? Since ive never had a cat before.

Cats should already know how to use a litter box...It's just a matter of showing the cat where it is.

2czeqeh.jpg

Got love and attention covered. :D Im going to see it tomorrow, ill post pics? :P Thanks! Any other tips? How would i train the cat to use the litter box? Since ive never had a cat before.

I never had an indoor cat before. I asked some people when I thought I was going to get one though. Basically they will mostly use it without any training, since it's the easiest place for them to dig or whatever. If you see them starting to go to the bathroom out side of it, throw the cat in the box and it will get the message.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

Oh, I never knew that. Thats pretty cool. Im not entire shure if its a male or a female just yet, im leaning towards male. But any name ideas?

Don't take my word for it, I could be wrong. I think that's what people told me though. When I get a cat I'll just adopt one, so it's already past the training stage.

You should pick a name that you like. A lot of suggestions won't mean much to you, but you might find one you like. Personally I am going to name my cat "Kitty." When it is still somewhat of a kitten I'll be calling it Kitty kitty, and when it gets older I'll be calling it Kitty cat. Everyone will think my cat doesn't have a name, but the jokes on them. It's actually a double joke, since the name Kitty isn't arbitrary either, it's after Kitty Pryde from the Marvel comics :P .

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

Oh, I never knew that. Thats pretty cool. Im not entire shure if its a male or a female just yet, im leaning towards male. But any name ideas?

Don't take my word for it, I could be wrong. I think that's what people told me though. When I get a cat I'll just adopt one, so it's already past the training stage.

You should pick a name that you like. A lot of suggestions won't mean much to you, but you might find one you like. Personally I am going to name my cat "Kitty." When it is still somewhat of a kitten I'll be calling it Kitty kitty, and when it gets older I'll be calling it Kitty cat. Everyone will think my cat doesn't have a name, but the jokes on them. It's actually a double joke, since the name Kitty isn't arbitrary either, it's after Kitty Pryde from the Marvel comics :P .

Reminds me of in CAD where ethan named his pet scorpion scorpion (after the MK character). :P

Looking forward to seeing pictures of your cat amoeba :).

Pharaoh01.jpg

wtf are those [bleep]s?

wwidas6.jpg

Cats are awesome. I wish you luck. When it's big enough to jump onto the toilet seat, potty train it. That's what my family and I did for our first cat. There's all kinds of info about it online, but we used some sort of dish and filled it with liter and put it in the toilet (it hung on the rim). Then when the cat got used to it, we removed the liter. Then little by little, cut pieces from the dish until there was hardly anything left. Then we just took it out and the cat went to the bathroom there until she was tramatized by our new cat (that doesn't happen to most cats, ours was just a coward).

Cowards can't block Warriors.

Cats are awesome. I wish you luck. When it's big enough to jump onto the toilet seat, potty train it. That's what my family and I did for our first cat. There's all kinds of info about it online, but we used some sort of dish and filled it with liter and put it in the toilet (it hung on the rim). Then when the cat got used to it, we removed the liter. Then little by little, cut pieces from the dish until there was hardly anything left. Then we just took it out and the cat went to the bathroom there until she was tramatized by our new cat (that doesn't happen to most cats, ours was just a coward).

Can it flush the toilet?also, I would NEVER use a toilet that a cat used. :-X

Cube_by_Abfc.gif

untihf5.jpg

69827172ou0.jpg

When you mentioned the Dragon Plates I had a sudden vision of a load of gangsters running around in fancy dress yealling "Grim Reaper in da hood!"

Obviously, you'd have to flush the toilet... but it's a lot easier upkeep then a litter box...

The cat just stands on it and poops or pees over the edge. Nothing too unsanitary there.

Cowards can't block Warriors.

Obviously, you'd have to flush the toilet... but it's a lot easier upkeep then a litter box...

The cat just stands on it and poops or pees over the edge. Nothing too unsanitary there.

I meant can it actually pull the handle and flush?

Cube_by_Abfc.gif

untihf5.jpg

69827172ou0.jpg

When you mentioned the Dragon Plates I had a sudden vision of a load of gangsters running around in fancy dress yealling "Grim Reaper in da hood!"

Cats are a lazy person's pet. Like me! I had one cat, it died, I have another. Getting another soon! :anxious:

Anyway, cat's have a higher chance of dying than say, a dog. As there are snakes and spiders outside of your eyes. If you don't want it to die, (Like my beutiful little kitty did) keep it as an inside kitty,or if you wanna take chances, let it live outside.

My cat died of a snake / spider bite in the throat. :cry:

I dont need a siggy no moar.

[hide]

Pharaoh01.jpg

[/hide]

That thing is horrid.

cyco_1.jpg

Get a male cat.

We got a female cat, and her going into heat drove us crazy!

Then we got her spayed...

Oh, and don't declaw the poor thing. Would you like someone to pull out your fingernails, while you were out cold? It still hurts.

I taught my cat to run after something if I throw it.

unfortunately, she doesn't like returning it to me.

So I have her fish [a stuffed nemo lookalike thats chewed up] attached to a string and i throw it all over the place, pulling it back before she can get to it. Sometimes I let her chew on it.

And she loves it.

Sometimes, she'll bring it to me, drop it a few feet away, expecting me to crawl and collect it and play with her.

And you may want to have an indoor cat, if you want it to come inside, and bathe it a few times a year. plus there's winter right?

[you might not have winter where you live...?]

Do not feed the cat too heavy food, and don't let it get it too fat.

[by heavy food, I mean calorific foods]

You don't eat fast food everyday, every meal right?

Give your cat specially balanced nutritious dry food. and change the water regularly [otherwise it'll drink from the toilet]

get a scratching post.

unless you don't like your furnature.

and talk to it. if you're changing something [eg moving out, or carrying it to the vet] talk softly to the cat, telling it exactly what's going on.

and listen to your cat.

And keep lots of scrap paper near the computer.

because I can guarantee that the blasted cat will come bother you in the middle of a fight in the wildy. you can't afford distractions like that.

just crumple up the paper and throw it.

*edit*

oh yea.. you might want to invest in a lint brush............... :-w

they sell at the dollar store. dollarama I think.

or at shoppers drug mart for like 5bucks or so.

Also try to give the cat treats some of the time. variety in food is good.

I love potato salad, But I don't want to eat it all the time!

Give it a nice name. Don't name your cat [wagon] or something. Find out what your cat likes, and make sure you give it something to scratch on, or your furnature or your legs will be prime targets. A simple piece of yarn can keep your cat entertained for hours and hours. If your cat sleeps on your bed, moving your toes around will make it try to bite your toes, and that is bad if you are sleeping on thin sheets. Get it spayed/neutered at the right time, not too early, not too late. Let it develop a personality before you "fix" it. If you live in a nice country neighborhood, let it be an outside cat as much as an inside cat. They do love the outdoors and running around in a yard. Definitely pet it a lot, and, don't try buying a $100 fancy bed with heated pads, It will probably not even touch it. They like being with you, specifically right next to your face on your pillow eating your hair >.<.

Yeah, kind of assorted advice. Oh, take lots of pictures of your cat when it is growing. It is nice to look back on those.

tfssig.png

If it's a long haired cat, be sure to brush it almost every day. Otherwise you'll have to shave it.. Then you're not so popular anymore.

This is my dads girlfriends cat Sanna. That is a shaved [kitty] :XD:

p9300053zt5.th.jpgp9300055la4.th.jpg

tifsbti6oi.gif

Thanks, one and all. in about 10 hours ill post pics. Thanks for the potty training idea, ill especialy look into that. Hopefully the cats not too furry, i dont want to shave my [kitty]. :oops: I plan on makeing this cat an indoor cat, as i live in an apartment, i cant see any means of the cat getting back in even if it manages to get out. Lastly yes, i do have winter where I live, Ontario, Canada. Its going to be here soon. :wall:

Best pets ever are medium sized dogs, not little ones they are too yappy and try to bite you lots, not big ones because they bound around, are too clumsy and sometimes waay to agressive, medium sized dogs however beat all other dogs, and every kind of cat, they are just more fun than cats, I never liked stroking cats they feel too feeble to me like if i stroke them too hard they'll break, dogs on ther other hand you can be pretty rough without hurting them.

sigggyjv2.gif

Sig by me....

Uh, they get in the was, are totally insane and purr loudly, wake you up wanting to go outside even though theres a cat-flap etc...

yet, they still own.

Doomy edit: I like sheep