Ending the Camelot Teleport / High Alching Debate

BloodArgon

never used cammy tele, yet alched.

Bull[Cabbage]

Don't lie Most people have?

OT: Alching is better But um some people don't like doing that

(No idea why?)

I do belive he was refering to training with cammy tele, not actualy that he hadn't used it...

There is deffinately a major point to your math on this topic. You failed to include the amount of each that could be casted in an hours time while staying completely focused. There is where the difference may lie... :)

Here is non-biased way to test out which is better, this can be used for anything(lots of math and confusion, skip the the next bold section):

This of course needs accurate numbers, so just alch and tele for 1 minute(X60) straight to get them.

Say that from 55, you need 232,000 Camelot Teleports, or 198,000 High Alchemy spells. As stated before, lets assume that Teleporting takes half the time that it takes to High Alchemize. So now, it takes the time of about 116,000 Alchs for the same experience as 198,000 alchs.

232,000 * 300 gp loss = 69,000,000 gp loss from 55-99 Magic through Teleporting.

198,000 * 182 gp loss = 36,036,000 gp loss from 55-99 Magic through High alchemy.

Now, you save (the time it takes to do) 82,000 Alchs for the cost of losing 32,964,000 gp. It takes

91 hours to do that many alchs(on assumed 4 seconds per alch). So, you save 91 hours to lose 32,964,000 gp, so that comes out to a net loss of 362,242 gp an hour.

Therefor, if you can make more than 362,242 gp per hour, you can make the money back from the time you save. Therefor, Teleporting is the method for you if you can make more than 362,242 gp an hour. If you cannot make more than 363,242 gp an hour, alchemy is you best method.

Hopefully that clears thing up once and for all.

asigthegodofsoupzz0.gif

The spelling and grammar of that email was that of an 11 year old palestinian goatboy who is speaking english for the first time
Quite simply, Facebook craps on Myspace. Then makes it eat the crap.

That is assuming those numbers, for an accurate test, you'd need to figure out how many you can do an hour, or just how many per minute, multiplied by 60. But still, you just got.....

NERD PWNED!

asigthegodofsoupzz0.gif

The spelling and grammar of that email was that of an 11 year old palestinian goatboy who is speaking english for the first time
Quite simply, Facebook craps on Myspace. Then makes it eat the crap.

Unless you runecraft your own runes or make your own bows or both, you wouldn't be losing money. Hell, you'll be gaining quite a bit per alch. :wink:

You're still losing money from the alching itself. You'd get more money selling nats and yew longs apart then alching them.

When everything's been said and done, more has been said than done.

All skills 80+

angel2w.gif

I have actually never tried either of these ways to train magic, but if I did I would actually go with teleporting. It goes faster, and since I got pretty much cash right now I could spend some extra cash on it.

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

You actually lose no money using camelot teleport, if you use a law company.

If you make your own nats you will make money buy alching :roll:

And lose mage xp...

It takes alot longer to get nats etc then it does for laws.

And lose mage xp...

Not if you craft double nats.

hvXho.png

99+ all 23rd March 2012 - 2496 total 13th June 2012.

9000+ dragon drops! Including draconic visage, d chains, d spears, d2h, d claws, d meds, d legs, d skirts... d bones, d hides :)?

w85p2012-1.png

I want jagex to put resource dungeons and dungeoneering skill doors to dungeoneering floors so I can dungeon and get dungeoneering xp while I dg so I don't have to dg to get dg exp, but I can dg while I dg :)?

And lose mage xp...

Yeah because everyone has 91 RC.....

And lose mage xp...

You actually make profit from rc when using rced nats to alch. By doing so, you have cut your rc profits, alching at a "profit" is definitely less than directly selling the runes, hence you are still trading cash for exp, not actually much of a "profit"

Strangely with WotLK so near, I wished I could delay it a bit to push through that last TBC content in MH/BT :'(.

Here is non-biased way to test out which is better, this can be used for anything(lots of math and confusion, skip the the next bold section):

This of course needs accurate numbers, so just alch and tele for 1 minute(X60) straight to get them.

Say that from 55, you need 232,000 Camelot Teleports, or 198,000 High Alchemy spells. As stated before, lets assume that Teleporting takes half the time that it takes to High Alchemize. So now, it takes the time of about 116,000 Alchs for the same experience as 198,000 alchs.

232,000 * 300 gp loss = 69,000,000 gp loss from 55-99 Magic through Teleporting.

198,000 * 182 gp loss = 36,036,000 gp loss from 55-99 Magic through High alchemy.

Now, you save (the time it takes to do) 82,000 Alchs for the cost of losing 32,964,000 gp. It takes

91 hours to do that many alchs(on assumed 4 seconds per alch). So, you save 91 hours to lose 32,964,000 gp, so that comes out to a net loss of 362,242 gp an hour.

Therefor, if you can make more than 362,242 gp per hour, you can make the money back from the time you save. Therefor, Teleporting is the method for you if you can make more than 362,242 gp an hour. If you cannot make more than 363,242 gp an hour, alchemy is you best method.

Hopefully that clears thing up once and for all.

It does, thanks for crunching the numbers.

Keep in mind also that those 91 hours you might not make the money back, but you might work on other skills, play minigames, and just generally doing whatever you want and enjoying the game. 91 hours that you don't have to spend standing in one place clicking on a spell and then a bunch of noted bows. That could very well be worth a hell of a lot more than 360k in coins to a lot of players. It is to me.

Just to confirm some things, teleporting cammy is NOT 2x faster than alch, not even 1.5x unfortunately.

Strangely with WotLK so near, I wished I could delay it a bit to push through that last TBC content in MH/BT :'(.

Post your thoughts. Im just tired of all these kids saying "Imma buy X amount of laws to get magic from X *some number above 55* to X doin cammy tele"

im tired of people making useless threads telling people stuff we allready know. Up to each person how they want to train