Repercussions of Shop Update on Global Economy

GlockenGold

Just want to point out a few assumptions you made in the concluding paragraph before I go out. Once I'm back I'll look onto the main body of your post too.

Ultimate Problems and Flaws

•  
    - GENERAL GLOBAL increase in COST OF VIRTUAL LIVING

- Genuine low lvl players buying runes and reselling for a profit lose out

- Low lvl players will find it hard to buy supplies in bulk for a good price

Autobots are not removed from the market, rather they have increased the price for everyone and still profit, perhaps even more.

- Extremely rich players won't even buy from players now, seeing as you can buy 'x' runes from the runeshop, why would you even bother wasting time trying to find a seller.

- Mercers, mercing at very very large volumes for a higher price will now find that they are unneeded. E.g. Selling 1 million air runes for 20gp each - why would someone buy from you, when they can do all that in one click for 17gp?

"GENERAL GLOBAL increase in COST OF VIRTUAL LIVING"

Define 'Virtual Living'. Nothing is a necessity in Runescape, so I don't see how 'living' can come into this at all.

"Genuine low lvl players buying runes and reselling for a profit lose out"

Good. This was never in the spirit of the game. There should be no problem with this.

"Autobots are not removed from the market, rather they have increased the price for everyone and still profit, perhaps even more."

This makes no sense. I assume you meant to say something else. There are no longer 'merchanting bots' buying out runes at low prices and then re-selling, they are no longer an impact in the game in this respect.

"Low lvl players will find it hard to buy supplies in bulk for a good price"

Not really. If I may take the example of the new prices of Runes; I used to sell my Air Runes made from W16 for 20gp each (I sold over 600k airs at this price) and now there is no way I will ever be able to sell airs for above 16gp each because the shop price is now set at 17gp per elemental rune. This means that lower level players will find it easier

to buy runes for a lower price compared to before. This may not be the case with Arrows, but you can't make a generalisation that low level players will find it hard to buy supplies for a good price.

"Extremely rich players won't even buy from players now, seeing as you can buy 'x' runes from the runeshop, why would you even bother wasting time trying to find a seller."

It's not like people will stop Runecrafting. There will always be a supply of Runes, and there will always be players (even high-levels) who would prefer to spend maybe 20 minutes searching for a seller just to save a few hundred thousand gp.

"why would someone buy from you, when they can do all that in one click for 17gp?"

Because you would sell your product for a lower price. :roll: Not too difficult to figure out..

I would like to add that in my view, if Merchanting was a skill, then it would be one already.

calvinandhobbessigedite.png

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everyones talking about runes...and granted they are probably the biggest impact but what about water filled vials. You can now buy them unlimited for 10gp each

battle staff's were removed from the magic guild rune store. im not sure where they went but they are not their now

Paul posted on RSOF about it. They only now exist in Baba Yaga's shop (he said the stock got bumped to 20 but I have yet to see over 5), MTA with pizazz points, and monster drops (ankou from what I've heard).

Autobots

Lol. XD

Okay okay... I agree with most of you say, but you can't really expect to stop the illegal trades going on without a consequence now can you?

More then meets the eye?

ONT: I think it will have a lower inpact then everyone expect. Why? because even if people spend millions on store stuff we still have alchers. If the economy sink and things get cheaper there will always be a stuck alching price which means that it always will be alchers.

Edit: Jagex made the economy more stable in my eyes.

igsig.png

battle staff's were removed from the magic guild rune store. im not sure where they went but they are not their now

Paul posted on RSOF about it. They only now exist in Baba Yaga's shop (he said the stock got bumped to 20 but I have yet to see over 5), MTA with pizazz points, and monster drops (ankou from what I've heard).

Not too happy with that unless the prices staid the same.

A reflection is just a distorted reality held by glass and your mind.

optimizedbrokenmirrorpn.jpg

No autobots is a fallacy - they'll just saturate the player stock market. Which is a shame - it'll just make noobie life harder.

The player stock is 99% of the time empty because nobody sells to the stores. The bots will get around 100 runes per day.. Which won't do anything.. :wall: You are perhaps forgetting the Lumbridge Tutors who give out 30 free air runes and 30 free mind runes per half hour. That should help the average low level. If they want to use bolt spells, it won't be much of a difference. The chaos runes are the same price as the street price before.

Nothing is a necessity in RuneScape.

If they buy runes and sell for a profit, that was never in spirit of the game.

Low leveled players have a low amount of experience between skills so they won't need as much. A level 1 magician will go a long way with 30 air strikes. (Talking about the Lumbridge Magic Tutor) If they want to move onto chaos runes, the price isn't that much different than the street prices of before. In fact, it's easier for them to buy them.

Autobots are not removed from the market, rather they have increased the price for everyone and still profit, perhaps even more.

Nobody would buy them if they raised the prices higher than the shop price. In fact, it would be much cheaper and simpler to buy in the shop.

- Extremely rich players won't even buy from players now, seeing as you can buy 'x' runes from the runeshop, why would you even bother wasting time trying to find a seller.

One word: RuneCrafters. RuneCrafters will find a substantial profit by selling runes. The buyers will find a cheaper price from buying from these RuneCrafters.

- Mercers, mercing at very very large volumes for a higher price will now find that they are unneeded. E.g. Selling 1 million air runes for 20gp each - why would someone buy from you, when they can do all that in one click for 17gp?

People will just sell for less than 20gp each. Before the shop upgrade, people found it difficult to sell it for over 15 gp each..

j0xPu5R.png

[hide=killerred005]

No autobots is a fallacy - they'll just saturate the player stock market. Which is a shame - it'll just make noobie life harder.

The player stock is 99% of the time empty because nobody sells to the stores. The bots will get around 100 runes per day.. Which won't do anything.. :wall: You are perhaps forgetting the Lumbridge Tutors who give out 30 free air runes and 30 free mind runes per half hour. That should help the average low level. If they want to use bolt spells, it won't be much of a difference. The chaos runes are the same price as the street price before.

Low leveled players have a low amount of experience between skills so they won't need as much. A level 1 magician will go a long way with 30 air strikes. (Talking about the Lumbridge Magic Tutor) If they want to move onto chaos runes, the price isn't that much different than the street prices of before. In fact, it's easier for them to buy them.

Nobody would buy them if they raised the prices higher than the shop price. In fact, it would be much cheaper and simpler to buy in the shop.

One word: RuneCrafters. RuneCrafters will find a substantial profit by selling runes. The buyers will find a cheaper price from buying from these RuneCrafters.

People will just sell for less than 20gp each. Before the shop upgrade, people found it difficult to sell it for over 15 gp each..

[/hide]

Woah.. way to go mate. Nice to see you checking other replies in the thread before you make post. It might may have been an idea to read my post before making yours as it looks like you pretty much copied everything I said. :wink:

But hey, ignorance is bliss.

calvinandhobbessigedite.png

Everyones talking about runes...and granted they are probably the biggest impact but what about water filled vials. You can now buy them unlimited for 10gp each

I guarantee there will still be a place for WFV merchants. There are plenty of high level herblorists who will be willing to pay well over 10 per WFV to buy in bulk from players, simply to save themselves the task of running back and forth from the Ardy general store 100 times or more to get all the vials they need in order to gain levels. This update will have less of an effect on non-stackable goods like that, because you are still limited to buying 27 at a time.

However, this will become something of a niche market, and certainly not something bots will be able to do en masse to make money.

[hide=killerred005]

[/hide]

Woah.. way to go mate. Nice to see you checking other replies in the thread before you make post. It might may have been an idea to read my post before making yours as it looks like you pretty much copied everything I said. :wink:

But hey, ignorance is bliss.

Good minds think alike. :wink:

j0xPu5R.png

I'm a noob at economics and this may have been posted, but because the amout of gp leaving the game and going into the stores the value of said gp will increase. Althougth there are highalchers it will still not be enough to balence the effect of 100's of K gps leaving the economy. Feel free to flame me. :-w :-w

Michigander.png

first, its only been a few hours and you already have way to much to say about how this will affect the economy. The update is intended to stop bots, which it should, and to increase the amount of people selling their own creations, as in rc'ing and selling their runes. Runescape is about skills, and so they are encouraging people to actually raise their runecrafting level so they can make their own fires and cosmics and laws and deahts, and now their own blood runes. Its no suprize to me that this came out weeks after the zmi alter did.

sig3gk6.png

I am very happy with the new store update. It completey kills autobuyers, and now there are always runes in the shop. And if you need to buy a large amount of runes, you dont have to sit in world 1 and compete with the auto typers ect.

Thanks Jagex <3:

I engineered this thread with precise variables that I know would cause lul-worthy flames.

Ammo931.png

It may hurt low level players but it will make them runecraft their own runes maybe.

Also not many more people will buy from shops because the players sell them cheaper as in nats,deaths, and laws.

Not many people depended on shops anyway(but macros).

This won't harm us too bad also merchanting is a waste of time because you don't gain xp for doing it.

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

Of course, an imperfect economy where people can exploit. You just need to know when its going to happen. Like that UK speculator who made 1 bilion pounds when the UK pound went bezerk 10-15 years ago. Only that was in real life.

You mean this guy? :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Soros

Click the link below to find out how to make millions on the GX...full indepth analysis

http://runescape.salmoneus.net/forums/i ... &p=2095612

Yes him, george soros.

Like i said before, I agree that there will be only minor effects on rich players, but it will annoy new players a lot.

Autobots will always exist and will find new ways, noobs will always sell their stock to the shop, therefore autobots will buy from the shop. Even if they get only 1000-2000 a day. It may well still be very profitable.

Put it in simple terms, you buy steel arrows from teh player stock at 1gp each. THe median price will likely be 40-45gpea. Thats an whopping 4000%+ profit. Yes Yews will now be exploited more, this does not mean that autobots will not stay at shops and buy the small amounts that come into the player stock.

GlockenGold wrote:

GlockenGold wrote:

Sorry - i typed that at 1am -_-, what i meant is that the general price of runes will be higher. Not for mercers tho, but for your average joe, it will be.

GlockenGold wrote:

True and not true, previously they could sell for more, now SOME of them will earn less. Notably f2p, p2p will gain from this significantly. Perhaps something Jagex planned.

Sorry not going to reply to all this, i have to go out now.

Nats always used you be 330+ea, deaths always used to be 300+ea, etc. You are sticking up for bots and real world trading? Don't say you do not support real world trading, because bots+real world trading are connected. Support one and you support the other.

Players were fine with those old prices, and we will be fine with the return of them. Merchants with large amounts of runes before the update now selling for much more then they paid will dissappear in a day, when they sell off. I don't see how that will have any effect.

Nats didn't always used to be 330+, in fact they used to be ~300ea, you could buy a LOT for 300-320, which means that is the median price. Im not sticking up for bots, im saying they WONT go away. They make rich players richer and poor players poorer.

Nope, as someone pointed out, jagex is trying to take cash out of the system, which will over time will mean that you won't be able to afford things. Yes rune merchants will profit for a day, WHICH is why I said that the net effect won't be much, they will profit yes and it will stabalize after a week which will mean back to normal business.

"In affect Jagex is the communist party setting the prices", Jagex isnt communist, learn the definition of it, and i hate ppl who use words beyond the needs of the gaming world, stop tryint to analyze things so much, so much that oh wat do u know, ur wrong

i could aruge every point u made but that would take too long, ill work off what u got in this reply post

btw riccher dont get richer and poorer dont get poorer, rich ppl will always be able to afford items and resell for some profit, the update doesnt allow merchants to buy even lower and sell even higher, thatn line of profit stays about the same, well continue making money as fast as we ever did before, if anything we will lose money, because of the set prices, we are no longer able to buy for extrem hi and lows, now its a smaller margin so less profit

-ok and poor dont get poorer, unless if ur droppin ur stuff, ur not gonna get poorer, unless u bought 100k bronze arrows 15 ea before updat,e ur not gonna get poorer, they will conitune to not be able to buy stuff and will continue being poor, but they wont be poorer, actually theyll be richer(notice how i can turn around all the crd ur sayin here), autoers no longer dominate the markets as much, now poor ppl have a chance to actually buy some bronze arrows and range a bit

and u say money will start disappearing from the game because many more ppl buy and wont sell to stores, uh no, alchers(and some other pure money making methods), have been adding to the gp pot in the rs economy forever, this update will at the most, level out the once inevitable inflation, at the worst, there will be minimal deflation and at a very slow rate, thats not even saying its the "worst" because who ever said deflation was bad, as long as ppl dont stock up on items for years at a time, we will easily adjust, its not like prices will jump around overnight

so ya, like i said, almost everything ur saying is wrong, stop usin words too big for the little kids who play the game, and stop grasping at straws hoping u hit on some huge controversial topic

-the person smarter than u

ironmdefault,demon%20x%20lord.gif

pure:demon_x_king