New Update - What some have failed to see

Lucifier6

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do not see this \' as a downside :thumbsup: .

I really do love this update. :mrgreen:

My greatest ambition is to kill every member of the human race.

crackersapparentlyiu8.png

However I am a realist and therefore know that I probably wont be able to.

idiotacyoa5.png

Just think how many people actually buy from the shops first of all.

With Player made products cheaper so people will buy from real players more now. :thumbsup:

I mainly support this update because of my new RC Goal :)

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

Just think how many people actually buy from the shops first of all.

With Player made products cheaper so people will buy from real players more now. :thumbsup:

I mainly support this update because of my new RC Goal :)

if shops offer things cheaper, for example feathers then. it would encourage players to buy more from shops in that case

so, thats not really true what you said, its more like a trade off 1 for this and that.

I expect Chaos and death runes to drop pretty dramatically soon. Deaths are what, like 300? In the store they are 220 ea, even if you buy it all out, the price never changes. Plus, chaos were like 100 in the store and are 150 in the market.

Foogey.png

I <3 Gears of War 2.

Add me on Xbox Live and mention you are from Tif :D

I expect Chaos and death runes to drop pretty dramatically soon. Deaths are what, like 300? In the store they are 220 ea, even if you buy it all out, the price never changes. Plus, chaos were like 100 in the store and are 150 in the market.

prices are much higher now, 150 for chaos and like 210 for death

prices are much higher now, 150 for chaos and like 210 for death

Chaos - 140 in shop, 120 in real world

Death - 310 in shop, 290 in real world

kingtut3.png

People will begin to buy disposiable items from npcs, which lowers the amount of gold in the economy...

EVERY AREA of the market will be hurt, prices will rise on everything because of this loss of currency.

Another way to solve inflation...make rares harder to get... and make it harder for people to get rich

You hit the nail on the head. Jagex has been trying to do this for YEARS and they finally found a good way to do it.

Your idea with making rares rarer would only make the rich richer. The shop update is an equalizer.

Same principle goes for the battlestaves, less cash coming in from hi-alchemy.

Untitled.png

My heart is broken by the terrible loss I have sustained in my old friends and companions and my poor soldiers. Believe me, nothing except a battle lost can be half so melancholy as a battle won. -Sir Arthur Wellesley

i think the only drawback of this update is for mages. There will certainly be less runes in circulation...

Barrows: 9~2 V Brass,V Flail,2 Dh Plate,V Helm,V Skirt,T Legs,Malevolent Shield DKing: 48~6 W Ring,13 A Ring,8 M Staff,9 S Ring,7 B Ring,3 Seercull
Dragon Drops: 500+~50+ Med,26 Axe,3 Chain,10+ Legs,10+ Spear,2 D2h,10+ L Half,49 Boots,2 DDs,10+ Lump,9 Claws,50+ Dagger,14 Visage,50+ Mace,4 Scimitar,7 Hasta,Baxe,50+ Long,30+ Royal,2 Kite,4 Ward,2 Plate,Staff,Hammer,Limbs, Mattock,Halberd
GWD: 156~4 S Staff,50+ Shard,9 B Tass,13 B Plate,5 B Boots,6 A Plate,11 S Sword,8 A Hilt,4 A Skirt,9 A Helm,S Hilt,3 B Hilt,B Glove,2 A Buckler,Z Ward,Z Garb,2 Z Boots,B Shield,B Helm

Corp: 3~Elysian,2 Sp Sh Nex: 6~Torva Legs,Cere,P cowl,Z bow,2 T boots + GWD2: 9~2 Glaive,Wand,2 Crest,Blade,2 Essence,Core Araxyte: 5~Web,3 Pheromone,Fang + Raids: 4~3 Codex,P Boots  + Trails: 2~Bob Shirt,Fortunate

Etc: 64~3 Sceptre,B Mask,16 Whip,2 Focus Sight,5 D Bow,7 SOL,Ragefire,2 Steadfast,Arma Staff,6 Rider Armor,5 Vine,2 Razorback,2 A Wand,Abby Orb,3 Blood Shard,6 Hydrix,Gland,Asc Xbow
[spoiler=Capes]Quest Cape Aquired 12-7-07 ~ Level 93 + + + Completionist Cape Aquired 5-22-15 ~ Level 138
Hitpoints Cape Aquired 9-21-09 ~ Level 131 + Magic Cape Aquired 9-24-09 Attack Cape Aquired 3-5-10 ~ Level 135 Summoning Cape Aquired 3-12-10

Strength Cape Aquired 6-1-11 ~ Level 137 Fire Cape Aquired 6-23-11 Defence Cape Aquired 7-5-11 + Ranged Cape Aquired 8-1-11 Kiln Cape Aquired 2-26-12 ~ Level 138
Dungeoneering Cape Aquired 4-22-12 + Slayer Cape Aquired 6-25-14 ~ Level 200 + Herblore Cape Acquired 12-9-14 ~ Level 138 Prayer Cape Acquired 12-20-14
Agility Cape Acquired 1-4-15 + Hunter Cape Acquired 1-30-15 Construction Cape Acquired 1-31-15 Crafting Cape Acquired 2-22-15 Thieving Cape Acquired 3-18-15
Runecrafting Cape Acquired 4-14-15 Mining Cape Acquired 4-19-15 Fishing Cape Acquired 4-25-15 Firemaking Cape Acquired 4-26-15 Woodcutting Cape Acquired 4-26-15
Cooking Cape Acquired 4-26-15Smithing Cape Acquired 4-28-15 Farming Cape Acquired 4-29-15 Divination Cape Acquired 5-3-15 Dungeoneering Mastery 5-4-15
Fletching Cape Acquired 5-4-15 Max Cape Acquired 5-4-15 + Invention Cape Acquired 11-9-16 Invention Mastery 5-16-19 + Archaeology Cape Acquired 10-30-20

This thread is an economic atrocity. Just thought I would point that out. I really don't want to waste time fixing the problems, because I'm supposed to be studying, but I'd just like to point out that money leaving the market causes deflation of our RS gold, which lowers prices.

Myweponsgood.gif

Need assistance in any of these skills? PM me in game, my private chat is always ON

I do not see this \' as a downside :thumbsup: .

I really do love this update. :mrgreen:

As do i, i could care less if rares cost billions of gp. Its not like im ever going to obtain one anyway :)

I engineered this thread with precise variables that I know would cause lul-worthy flames.

Ammo931.png

People will begin to buy disposiable items from npcs, which lowers the amount of gold in the economy...

Which lowers the amount of gold going to players who harvest gold by selling macro'd products,

which reduces the amount of gold harvesting "players",

which reduces the amount of income going to gold selling sites/players,

which reduces the amount of sites selling gold,

which reduces the amount of people getting banned for buying gold,

which INCREASES profits for Jagex :P

This update was the SMARTEST thing Jagex has done since Construction drained so many bank accounts back in June 2006 ..

I like to fart silently but deadly in movie theaters
Ard Choille says (11:41 PM):

I wouldn't dare tell you what to do m'dear

Well, and I know that RS has to be different and all, but it really was the only online RPG

I've ever played where the NPC stores had limited stock. Every other one was like RS is now,

unlimited stock and unchanging prices. Least you know what to expect right?

My greatest ambition is to kill every member of the human race.

crackersapparentlyiu8.png

However I am a realist and therefore know that I probably wont be able to.

idiotacyoa5.png

Another way to solve inflation...make rares harder to get... and make it harder for people to get rich

How in hell did you get this one? How can you make rares "harder" to get? It's impossible to get them anymore other than from players, and that market cannot be controlled by Jagex at all. It's impossible for them, now, to change the rares market whatsoever.

lSEHB.gif

Being immature is a part of being mature.

well, its true that our money is being slowly drained. i suppose thats a good thing, it keeps prices stable. chocolate bombs are revolutionizing slayer and combat training, so this update does have some pluses :D

[hide=]

tip it would pay me $500.00 to keep my clothes ON :( :lol:
But then again, you fail to realize that 101% of the people in this universe hate you. Yes, humankind's hatred against you goes beyond mathematical possibilities.
That tears it. I'm starting an animal rebellion using my mind powers. Those PETA bastards will never see it coming until the porcupines are half way up their asses.
[/hide]

montageo.png

Apparently a lot of people say it. I own.

http://linkagg.com/ Not my site, but a simple, budding site that links often unheard-of websites that are amazing for usefulness and fun.

People are saying that the new update gets rid of autoers and increases the money gained from skilling.

Autoers will exist even if the game play changes. It is the demand that keeps autoers alive, not how the game works. Think about the ess change. The autoers moved on to other areas; increase in mining and woodcutting. As time went on more autoers moved into members; where they could pick flax, woodcut, fish and so on.

If autoers cannot merchant materials from shops, they will just move on to other areas; fishing, woodcutting, flax picking or whatever. But wait....they are already in these areas. So what would they do? lets go back to the post-ess change idea, theyll increase these auto programs into other areas. With more bots being implemented into a skill, more materials will accumalate - hence materials will be greater then demand and prices may fall.

But this idea could be wrong. Since shop prices have increased, people may increase skill prices so they can afford shop prices.

Well thats an idea i wanted to put up.

"I'd rather bear the comments people say to insult ya, then to poison my skin and erase my culture " - Deep Foundation

EVERY AREA of the market will be hurt, prices will rise on everything because of this loss of currency.

You hit the nail on the head. Jagex has been trying to do this for YEARS and they finally found a good way to do it.

Your idea with making rares rarer would only make the rich richer. The shop update is an equalizer.

Same principle goes for the battlestaves, less cash coming in from hi-alchemy.

Im not quite sure what you two are getting at. First things people are going to be buying more stackables from shops and other certain supplies. This of course will take money out of the economy but is it going to increase to a level higher then before?

Yes, people are going to be buying more elemental runes,arrows and feathers etc. but didnt everyone already buy these objects from stores before(how many people really fletched 10k arrows from scratch)the update just autoers did it for them and passed on the costs.

With higher level rune prices increasing i see little incentive for anyone to buy runes from the stores, especially autoers who are likely to move onto other things. Surely autoers were putting large amounts of currency out of the economy by buying runes and now they've stopped there's going to be more money circulating. Surely this means the possibility of more inflation, not a controlling measure?

Now that runes cost more, people are still willing to pay for them with the demand they have for runes.

With less bots auto-buying runes, players will have to buy them themselves, removing the money instead of moving it around.

You failed to take into account profit the gold bots made.

Untitled.png

My heart is broken by the terrible loss I have sustained in my old friends and companions and my poor soldiers. Believe me, nothing except a battle lost can be half so melancholy as a battle won. -Sir Arthur Wellesley

everyones game changes . if you are low lvl it changes hourly or daily. then theres the needs /must element. if you need to do somthing you must and enevitably you will.

this update will change lots off ppls games

it will also change gold farmers games . but this is happing all the time anyway as real players and bots for that matter accumulate more cash we move to larger more profitabal margins/items

so how has this update hurt farmers. how will it take cash out off the game.

people and farmers will adapt and move to another area/level.

iv been looking at one particular shop over the past 6 months as i go about my game btw my game changes very rare these days but observing over 6 months the comings and goings from this shop .the lvl 3 farmers became lvl 45 farmers now some are lvl 60.

goverments are taxing gold sites. sweatshops are comming under goverment ledgueslation. bots are here to stay sadly

my future prediction is gold sites taking jagex to court with goverment backing

spelling mistakes are copyrite tameelf

burrrppp

Now that runes cost more, people are still willing to pay for them with the demand they have for runes.

With less bots auto-buying runes, players will have to buy them themselves, removing the money instead of moving it around.

You failed to take into account profit the gold bots made.

Do you think that more people with the increase in price of runes might see the incentive to rc more and help decrease the deficit supply of said runes, and cause people to buy from each other more? I know i can't speak for everyone but personally i prefer to rc all my runes esp. now with increases in some costs (whereas before i would simply go buy from mage guild) I do get what you're saying now though thanks for clearing it up.