Databases: Quest guides

Please post corrections/additions you have for our current quest guides here please. The latest quest guides will have their own stickies so watch out for those as well. Thank you.

A new policy (by SaidinWoT, your friendly Quest Editor):

Due to the number of quest guide submissions we receive which require little or no confirmation, the Quest Editor finds it much easier to move your comments/corrections which are not in need of confirmation to a crew-only forum. Doing this makes it easier to work through those posts while making it easier for you, the users, to help confirm any submissions we are unsure of.

This means that although it may appear that your post has disappeared from the forums, please rest assured that it has NOT. We have simply moved it. Please do NOT contact us to ask us where your submission has gone to, these types of inquiries will not be answered. If we use the information you've submitted (and remember, someone else may have submitted it FIRST), you will be given credit.

Remember, the SEARCH button is your friend. Use it!

• 1 year later...

On the Mournings End Part 2 guide for the fourth door. After turning the light down and going down the stairs. The guide says to go west, but the map that goes with the guide says east. Also if it could be made clearer which stairs you go down would be helpful :) .

[pokemama edit 7/15: I haven't done this quest so I'm not sure about this. Can someone please confirm? Allowing one week.]

sigtm0.png

Play the game, ignore the noobs, and when you run into them, run over em and keep going!

• 1 month later...

You can get rock sample 1 by panning in the river as well as by stealing from workmen.

And, a minor detail -- the menu selection is to steal from workmen not pick pocket them. This is a different menu selection than you see with master gardeners where it is listed as pick pocket from.

[pokemama edit 7/15: it's been too long since I did this quest. Can someone confirm? One week.]

• 2 weeks later...

Eadgar's Ruse

Disappointed with this guide. It was unclear and confusing at times.

Now go to the mountain within the Troll Stronghold. Easiest way is: Go up the path, through a house, up the path, jump over the rocks, and go right over more rocks. Run past Dad, and then follow the path onwards until on your map there is a big hill.

This could be much clearer.

Go up the path ~ Correct

Through a house ~ It's not just any house. It belongs to Tenzing (who was the first - along with Sir Edmund Hillary - to reach Mount Everest's Summit.)

Up the path ~ Correct.

Jump over the rocks ~ Correction: Climb over the rocks.

And go right over more rocks ~ Wrong. Head North-East and follow the path, heading towards Dad.

Run past Dad ~ Correct.

And then follow the path onwards until on your map there is a big hill ~ I'm trying to find an emote to sum up this one. Probably this is best: :-s The description is rough and not detailed enough. I found it completley bewildering. This makes more sense:

Now go to the mountain within the Troll Stronghold. Easiest way is: Go up the path and through Tenzing's house (Note: Tenzing was the name of the first Sherpa to reach Mount Everest's Summit). Walk up the path; climb over the rocks then go North-East over more rocks. Run past Dad. Head North-West and through the cave by the group of Trolls. Continue through the small cave - try to avoid yet more Trolls. Once you are out of the small cave pursue the path. When you see the Thrower Trolls, put on Protect from Range and run quickly past them.

Go down the hill to the West, and there will be a small area with 5 or 6 Trolls, run north past them and there will be a path going west and upwards, go up this and into the Stronghold.

North-West not West.

Go down to the lowest level using the stairs on the East this time

North-East not East.

Now head back to Eadgar with the Parrot, and he'll tell you to hide it within the Troll Stronghold. Go down to the lowest level using the stairs on the East this time, which will take you to the jail. Hide the Parrot under the rack so he learns English.

In the bracket there has to be a continuation of the sentence before:

Now head back to Eadgar with the Parrot. He will describe his plan. Part of his plan is to place the Parrot in the Stronghold jail. Go down to the lowest level using the stairs on the East this time, which will take you there. Hide the Parrot under the rack so he learns English.

You may be wondering why I re-wrote this above. Mainly it was so that the sentence below can be removed. If my way is followed as opposed to the original author's, then it'll save time as you will not need to return to speak to Eadgar. Instead just go directly to Sanfew.

Now you will need to get some Dirty clothes. Speak to Eadgar, then go back to Sanfew.

As I said above. If my description is followed then the text in bold in the quote above will need to be removed. Eadgar already told us his plan so we won't need to speak to him again until we have all the items.

Go back to Burntmeat and give him the fake man, he will stupidly tell you where the storage room key is.

Finally, foolishly would be a better word than the above one in bold.

[pokemama edit 7/20: I recently edited this guide after a user notified me that the parrot info was in the wrong place - you couldn't place the parrot before talking to Eadgar, and couldn't get it back before a certain point. I had to muck around a little trying to fix it, as there were some confusing things in there, and I didn't want to rewrite the whole thing at the time. I'm sure Guide Editor dogfever will have more luck with this, lol - all I had to work from was my completed quest log.]

dogfever: 22/7: There are a few guides which may being undergoing a fairly major overhaul in the near future. Thanks for submitting. I will take a good look at this guide soon and will post here regarding your submission.

Offline and unavailable.

• 2 weeks later...

For the guide of Mournings Ends Part 2, under the section of "Start" it says to speak with the head mourner at HQ to obtain another key if you lost your key except now it has been changed where he will not give you the key. You must now search his desk and you have the option to take the tarnished key (for the door to get to the dwarf) or a new key (which takes you into the room that will lead to the temple)

dogfever:31/7: We'll confirm this and update the guide

jakoster.png

jakoster.png

• 2 weeks later...

just a small thing, in the shadow of the storm quest guide it says that after you make the demonic sigil to talk to the golem and ask about last night, you actually have to talk to matthew then talk to the golem

sigggyjv2.gif

Sig by me....

• 2 months later...
Different farmers work for the quest, but there are NOT different reasons for the crops beings smaller. I have talked to different farmers and they have had the same reasons for the crops being smaller. My name is Firion345 if you add me onto the thanks to part of the guide.
I was not talking about the attackable farmers, but the ones at other farming patches. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

[pokemama 10/27: some of the other farmers often gave me the same answer, too. My question is, do you have to keep trying *until* you get different answers, or just talk to a certain number of farmers, lol? I kept going until I got some different answers when I did the quest.]

• 3 weeks later...

An update for your Rat Catchers guide. A few people have said they didn't like it and I didn't find it as useful as it could be. I have basically just edited the exiting one adding bits and peices that I thought would have helped whilst I did it and I'm sure its far from perfect but better than not. I also added a map, it also probably needs a little work.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Difficulty level: Medium

Start location: Go to Gertrude's House just west of Varrock, you must have a cat or a kitten with you.

Required:

Quests: Gertrude's Cat and Icthlarin's Little Helper.

Items: an empty vial, one kwuarm, one red spider eggs, 4 pieces of cheese, one grounded unicorn horn, one marrentil, one bucket of milk, amulet of catspeak, one weed, one tinderbox, a pot and some food for your cat.

Must also have a kitten or cat. Overgrown cats can't catch rats, so you cannot use an overgrown cat for this quest. See Gertrude's Cat for more information on getting a kitten/cat.

Suggested: Teleport runes to Al-Kharid, Varrock and Ardougne.

NPC: Gertrude, Phingspet, Grimesquit, Jimmy Dazzler, Hooknosed Jack, Smokin' Joe, The Face and Felkrash

Walkthrough Hide/Show:

Start

Items needed: Cat/ kitten

Talk with Gertrude, she will tell you to go and see two ladies, namely Phingspet and Grimesquit. They can be found the the Varrock Sewers, your cat will have to kill at least 8 rats before they will speak with you. Once complete, they will give you a rat pole.

Jimmy Dazzler and the mansion

Items needed: Cat/ kitten, Ardougne teleport runes to get out of mansion after catching rats, rat pole

Go and speak with Jimmy Dazzler in the house behind the pub in East Ardougne (north of the castle). He knows of a man outside Ardougne hosting a party and he needs his mansion cleared of rats. This is a job for you and your cat. You will have to move through the house, stealthily. Jimmy will give you some directions, if you follow these, you should find the mansion. Stay out of the field of view of the guards, else they will teleport you back to one of three restart points depending on how far you've gotten. There is one rat in a bedroom on the first floor, two rats in a spare room on the first floor, two rats in the guard's dormitory, and a rat or two in the kitchen - Get at least one from each room, your character will tell you when you've killed enough.

RCmap.png

Hooknosed Jack

Items needed: an empty vial, one kwuarm, one red spider eggs and 4 pieces of cheese

Upon return to Dazzler, he will give you an overview of the kitten pits and send you back to Varrock to speak with Hooknosed Jack, he can be found in the fenced in area south-east of the east bank. Hooknosed Jack doesn't have a lot of free time, so you'll have to run an errand for him. You'll need to give him the ingredients to make rat poison (kwuarm, red spider eggs, and vial), and then use the rat poison on your four pieces of cheese. Go to the warehouse directly south of you, and go up the ladder to the first floor. You will need to place a piece of cheese in front of each of the rat holes and report back to Hooknosed Jack, who will tell you that his cat Pox has eaten some rats that you've poisoned and is now sick.

Apothecary

Items needed: one grounded unicorn horn, one marrentil, one bucket of milk, cat/kitten, and food for kat/kitten

Head to the Apothecary on the other side of Varrock, who'll ask you for marrentil, grounded unicorn horn, and some milk to make some antipoison for Pox. Bring this potion back to Jack, and he'll tell you that there is still one king rat that you must dispose of in the warehouse. You will not be able to put poison in the crack in the wall, but it is big enough to put your cat through. Bring extra food for your cat in this fight as the king rat has about three times as many hit points as your cat, and your food will be needed to heal your cat, just place it in the crack of the wall where you put your cat in. Once the king rat is slain, go back to hooknose, and he will send you to Smokeout Joe in Keldagrim, to teach you what to do with overgrown cats.

Smokin' Joe

Items needed: one weed, one tinderbox and a pot

Smokin' Joe is on the far East side of the city, behind the mining shop. Smokeout Joe is a bit under the weather and cannot finish a task of smoking some rats out of a hole, and you will need to make a smoking device of your own to finish off his job. Go get your pot and your weeds and your tinderbox. Put the weeds in the pot, and light it using the tinderbox. Use this pot with the nearby rat hole, and you'll see the rats run out the other side when the smoke is blown in, and then retreat when it is clear. Set your cat down, and your cat will offer to take guard on the other side to ambush the rats as they come out so they cannot retreat when the smoke clears. Once this is done, Smokeout will have you go speak to The Face in Port Sarim.

The Face

Items needed: None

The Face has you go talk to a bard downstairs, Felkrash who agrees to help - if you can get rid of all the rats in Port Sarim in one action. This is not easy. Go out of the Port Sarim pits and speak to The Face again. She'll mention the snake Charmer in Pollnivneach. You'll need a few coins to get him out of his trance, and a couple hundred more to get him to teach you what to do. Once he refuses to teach you for the amount of coins you have, tell him no thanks. if you dont have ring of charos, choose the walk away slowly option and he will slowly drive his own price down, if you do have it, you should be able to talk his price down to 50gp. He will give you both a sheet of music, and a charming device. Head back to Port Sarim on the docks or near the manhole and play this tune.

Getting the rats in Port Sarim

Items needed: Flute and sheet music fromAli the Snake Charmer

To play the flute, simply click on it. Then you see that you are on the first of 8 pages. On the first page select the first note that is on the sheet of music that you got off the snake charmer so that it turns red. Then go to the seconds page (do not press play, just select the next note and go to the next page). On the second page you select the second note from the snake charmers sheet of music. Do this for the 8 pages. There are 8 notes on the snake charmers sheet of music. Once you have put one note onto each page you then press play and you should get a cutscene.

Note: Remember to click on the icon that looks like a gust of wind if the music sheet shows a note with that symbol above it. Only select the 'wind icon' for the note that it appears over, not on all 8 pages.

Finishing Up

Items needed: None

Return to Felkrash in the Port Sarim rat pits to finish the quest.

Reward:

ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãââ 4,500 Thieving experience

ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãââ Access to the Rat Pits

ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãââ Unlocked Wiley and Lazy cats.

Quest points gained on completion: 2

Tips, tricks & notes:

ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãââ Getting caught by the guards in the mansion can sometimes disrupt their normal patrol routes creating gaps that are easier to move through. How ever this only work to stop the guard once or twice, any more than that will cause him to correct his patrol.

ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãââ Cats catch rats faster than kittens so it is better to have a cat for the beginning of the quest if you are pressed for time.

[pokemama 11/18: wow, thanks for the detailed comments and map! I've turned your image over to our mapper, we'll see what he can do. Our quest guides editor will take a look at your text as time allows. we appreciate your efforts to help us improve the guide!]

Caldius.png

• 4 weeks later...

Maybe been suggested before... But i found a GOOD way of killing Damis! Without using ALOT of prayer potions, only a few for the monsters...

Damis is weak vs most magic, and i tryed Iban Blast, and hell, it worked perfectly, together with Snare. And Monk Robes, with an (earth?)staff will do too. :P Ok... It looks like the other thing... But Iban Blast does the job ALOT faster!

*Wonders if it aint suggested yet... :-k*

Known in-game as Mister evil9(lvl 93)(P2P).

Modding gta2(making maps, scripts,editing it).

On world 54 mostly.

Made a nice GTA2 site!

A little in-active...

I am not shure this is the right place to post this. Its all very confusing but any way i would like to make a sugestion to be able to search quests by the exp they give and how much. Like you search cooking exp and in between the range of 1000-5000,10000-20000 ect... It would make it alot easyer to find what quests to do to get the best exp.

[pokemama 6 Jan: a new quest website feature is in the works; not sure if it will include this ability. In the meantime, check out the Archive of Wisdom guide by ValaraZ which lists all quests by skill and xp: http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?t=560970 ]

prospektssigza4.jpg

In 'Forgettable Tale of a Drunken Dwarf', when the drunken dwarf gives you an item to fetch, your guide says that if the item is bad, you can log out, then back in again for another assignment. This doesn't happen - he remembers what he wants. What a drunk dwarf would want with a fake beard I do not know!

If it doesn't happen for you, then I play on the UK servers, so maybe that has something to do with it?

Retired from RuneScape as of November 10th 2007.

orc_male120x.gif

This is what I am doing now. | My Website | My RuneScape Programs

• 1 month later...

I have something about Recipe For Disaster. Let me quote something first:

You will get to Evil Chicken's lair. Run to the north, put your protect from magic-prayer on and fight the evil chicken. Pick up it's egg and use it on your mixture.

Finishing the cr̮̬̉̉me brulee supreme

Now you need some cinnamon. To get it, you will need a dramen branch. Go to the Entrana dungeon(remember that you can't have any armour or weapons with you) and fight zombies until you get an axe. Use the axe on the dramen tree to get a dramen branch. Get a pestle and a mortar and use them on the branch. Use the cinnamon you get to the mixture. Then you will need to head back to the evil chicken dungeon once more and kill a Black Dragon.

It's better to kill the chicken AND the dragon while being in the chicken's lair. It saves you the hassle of going to Entrana first and then going back to Zanaris. The black dragon will drop the token too if you haven't got the cinnamon yet.

On Dragon Slayer, Elvarg drains your prayer to an extent I think, I went in with 25/25 prayer on my rune pure and came out with 12/25, might want to add this incase anyone prays on Elvarg. Also you reccomend 40-45 defence however it can be done quite easily with lower defence. I had 33 at time of doing it.

[SaidinWoT: Need confirmation on this]

swordfinalqr7.jpg

Denizen of Darkness| PSN= sworddude198

In Search of the Meryque:

Don't know if you are something with it, but each block of rubble gives 30 (3 times 10) mining exp.

[pokemama 2/9: um. I don't recall mining during the In Search quest. I do recall mining xp from the rubble during the In Aid quest. Is that the one you mean?]

Yes, I meant the In Aid one.

Sorry, my bad :oops:

summersignature.png angel2w.gif

"A man's gotta do what a man's gotta do"

[Currently playing: K1ll L1f3]

• 2 weeks later...

On the gertrude's cat quest guide, it says:

Go down again and search all the barrels and crates...

But in actuality, you only need to search the crates whose names are written in yellow.

It's like this:

Search Crate

You don't need to bother with searching all the crates and barrels (the ones in cyan). And, the mewing only comes from the crates with the yellow in their name. Thanks.

I just completed the Shilo Village Quest, and I had a time and a half just finding where to get started! Your guide states the following:

To start the quest go to the far south end of Karamja. You will have to fight your way through jungle spiders, jogres, snakes and monkeys! Cross the slippery log and the stepping stones. Talk to Mosol Rei. He will say Rashiliyia, the queen of the dead, has returned!

However, Mosol Rei is in front of the gate to Shilo Village, and there are no slippery logs or stepping stones to cross to get to him. One simply has to go to the gate and there he is. Also, there is a log you must cross to get to the mound of earth and, later on, the Tomb of Rashiliyia, but it is labeled now as "a wooden log", and not "slippery log".

Thank you!

[pokemama 3/12: the route given in the guide to start the quest is from the eastern side of the continent, where the glider and shipyard are located.]

Dontturnaround.jpg

on the nezichyened demon thing (first fight) you can use the water on the fire and range him from behind it. and mage pray (or use d hide :mrgreen: ) and ur invincible and he doesnt drain prayer faster anymore \'

kingmerik999.png

Tis the great kingmerik!

on the nezichyened demon thing (first fight) you can use the water on the fire and range him from behind it. and mage pray (or use d hide :mrgreen: ) and ur invincible and he doesnt drain prayer faster anymore \'

This is correct one of my friends confirmed it.

Keep up the good work Tip.Iticon_thumbs.gif

blackmwccape,scorpus57.gif

scorpus57.gif

~~!~~ScOrPuS~~!~~

http://www.tip.it/runescape/index.php?rs2quest_id=146

When you shape the Essences. Each essence shaped gives 2 Crafting Experience.

Edit: Powering up the shaped essences gives 2 Runecrafting experience.

summersignature.png angel2w.gif

"A man's gotta do what a man's gotta do"

[Currently playing: K1ll L1f3]

• 2 weeks later...

for the Biohazard quest, it says that you can't teleport with the vials, however, i teleported from the chemists house without the vials (gave them to the 3 guys outside) and had the plauge sample with me, so i teleported and the sample broke, but i just went to see if i could complete it without it, so i went and got the 3 vials back from the three guys and later found out i needed the sample, so i teleported to ardougne with the vials and they DIDN'T break.

~ Proud Father ~ Proud (Currently Deployed) Army National Guardsmen ~ Proud Lakota ~ Retired Tip.It Crew ~

Quest name: Holy Grail

Suggestion: For step 2, I think you should mention that the crone will interrupt you when you talk to the high priest. If you don't ask her about the whistles, the whistles fail to show up even if you have the Holy Table Napkin in your inventory. Also you could clarify that you must enter the south room on the third floor to find the whistles.

---

Quest name: Royal Trouble

Items: Plank, rope, Antipoison potion

Suggestion: Change to 2 ropes because you need 1 rope to fix the Lift, and another to make the rope swing. You can take the plank off the list, since you can obtain it conveniently on the way (as directed in the quest guide). It would probably good to mention that only a normal plank will work in the quest. I tried to get across with an oak plank, but it didn't work. I'm not sure if it's the same with other types of planks.

---

Quest name: Shades of Mort'ton

Suggestion: The guide mentions using 208 on the citizens in the notes section. Maybe it'd be better to note how to make Serum 208 first (getting sanctity 20%, then using Serum 207 on the Sacred Flame).

The key you may receive is for the doors to the north-west.

The directions are a bit vague, you could make the general store as the reference point and say the doors are due North of the general store on the side of a hill.

---

Quest name: Wanted!

Suggestion: The guide says Sir Amik Varze is on the 2nd floor. I count the ground floor as the first floor, so Sir Amik Varze would be on the 3rd floor. I guess 2nd floor would be correct though, if you count ground floor as 0, then climbing the stairs for the 1st floor.. =x I dunno how you counted that one.

---

Quest name: Sea Slug

Choose "Shout-over crates" and talk with Kennith

Change: There's no option for "shout-over crates", you can simply click on Kennith to talk to him.

Nicknames: Sharu, Sharuka, Shar, Eupy

stub.jpg

What you say and what you do, no matter the medium, is still you.

So do all that you can to mend a heart, not break two.

• 4 weeks later...

Some things to note about the Zogre Flesh Eater quest that I figured I should bring up...

1) The disease Antidote (whatever it's called) does not cure full disease in 1 dose. Each dose reduces the amount of disease damage by about 3.

[pokemama 9 Apr: this is true - turns out you have to drink all 3 doses to recover completely - I think I had to drink 4 once?]

[darkblade986 re: pokemama - That wouldn't surprise me... If you drank it from 10/hit, you'd probably be down to 1/hit after 3 doces.]

2) When fighting Zogres or Skogres, if you are already diseased, and the disease has begun to wear off (as in not dropping 10 per hit), if you are hit by a Zogre or Skogre, your disease will be restored back to full (10/hit).

3) In the guide, your guide fails to mention that Slash Bash uses Range attacks, and that you can stand behind the Lectern (or whatever that was) and throw on Protect from Range to defeat him.

4) After completing the quest, if you want to use your new Composite bow on Zogres or Skogres, the center fire pit thing just past the barriers works to hide behind to range them (I managed to get 20+ keys from them only getting diseased once when I ran to grab my arrows too soon).

5) If you bury a regular Zogre bone in the original Jiggig area, there is a chance that a Skogre (still level 44) will spawn and attempt to attack you.

f475e02ecc.png

don't worry, you are going to "hell" anyway. wanna race to see who gets there first?

Officially reached 100 Combat at 1:33PM EST, June 14, 2007

First Dragon Drop: Dragon Chain (Dust Devils) @ 10:48PM EST, July 14, 2008, lv113 combat

A little update to my previous post: The same holds true for regular poison as it does for disease (or so it seems). I was traveling through Isafdar and was down to 1/hit poison. I failed a trip line and I was being hit for 2/hit poison again.

Now for the main point of this post. I just defeated Barrelchest for The Great Brain Robbery quest, and I found a method that worked out quite nicely for those who don't want to face him in head-to-head combat.

My inventory consisted of my Diving Apparatus, Fishbowl Helmet and a freshly made Crystal Bow. I also had enough runes to cast 20 Snares (15-second bind) and 20 sharks (of which I only used 10). The idea is to snare Barrelchest, then shoot him with your bow, while eating as well while you can. When he gets free, you'll take a couple shots. After that, bind him again and flee to the other side of the room, and continue shooting and eating until he is dead. He was surprisingly soft against my range attacks, even though I wasn't even using Dragonhide armor.

A note that should be added: While Barrelchest wields the anchor, it acts like a halberd, being able to hit you over a small distance (1 space gap).

f475e02ecc.png

don't worry, you are going to "hell" anyway. wanna race to see who gets there first?

Officially reached 100 Combat at 1:33PM EST, June 14, 2007

First Dragon Drop: Dragon Chain (Dust Devils) @ 10:48PM EST, July 14, 2008, lv113 combat

• 1 month later...

In the biohazzard quest it should be put in the tips, tricks and notes that all 3 vials and the plague sample must all be handed guidor at the same time. If you are missing the plague sample he will take the vials of you, however you can not just come back with the plague sample, you must go and do them all again!

Also that the quickest way to get the samples etc to guidor. is to place them in the bank at ardougne, tele to fally, take out the vials (not the plague sample) run to the chemist give the guys the vials then tele to varrock, take the sample out of the bank there then go to finish the quest.

newbankofrsyq0.gif

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.