Ranged ~ New Cheap Methods (Discussion/Research) *40k xp/hr*

mugged99

id like to point out if it hasnt been pointed out already that in pc you only get HALF the exp you normally would... here's an example:

you hit a ten... normally you get 10*4 = 40 BUT

in PC you hit a ten and you get 10*4/2= 20

check the tip it site if you need to confirm that it's only half

misterxsiggyzs8.jpg

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

muggiwhplar suggested rock crabs..

the reason i switch from rock crabs to ogres is because i could get constant hits at cages ogres but with rock crabs it gets annoying to walk over to them and wait for them to hit you.

not sure what the xp difference is...or even what you mean by that..since it all depends on your range lvl, your ammo, your gear, etc.

92 ranged, pot and prayer @ skeles in the monkey madness dungeon.

void range bonus +95 ranged attack

dhide range set +148

6,839,932 starter exp

6,854,538 -100 red chins [b]void[/b](14.6k exp)

6,868,725 -100 red chins [b]dhide[/b](14.1k exp)

does this fit this post about being cheap? no, it doesnt. i wanted to show every1 what void is capable of.

Well I bought 100k brought arrows an hour ago and just shot off 1k.

I'm 85 range and in f2p, and I'm pure.

Range bonus was +55

Before

-[bR]RuneScript- *** [ START ]: Your starting exp of 3,309,771 in ranged has been recorded.

-[bR]RuneScript- *** [ END ]: You gained 16,604 ranged exp in 44mins 24secs. That's 22,437 exp/h. Estimated time to level up: 12hrs 5mins 48secs

After

-[bR]RuneScript- *** [ CURSED_TOAST ]: [ranged] lvl: 85 | exp: 3,326,907 (25.5% of 99) | rank: 44,028 | EXP to lvl 86: 270,885 (20.1% to 86)

cursedtoastsignature.png

Come to #tip-it on Swift IRC, if you're cool

First I bought 40k steel darts, since they were cheap (58ea). Then, I realized that bronze darts were even cheaper, so I bought 50k of those (14ea). After that, I found out bone bolts were even cheaper then darts (4ea), so I bought 50k of them. What am I gonna do with all of those projectiles now #-o

A suggestion for your experiment:

In order to minimize error (things such as clicking delay, random luck, etc), perhaps you should try like 500 of each type of ammo at bandits (without accumulator), since they auto-attack and there will be no clicking involved. That should give you even more precise results.

I would do the above myself, but I'm inactive right now, so I sold most of my gear to buy phats and stuff :-w

First I bought 40k steel darts, since they were cheap (58ea). Then, I realized that bronze darts were even cheaper, so I bought 50k of those (14ea). After that, I found out bone bolts were even cheaper then darts (4ea), so I bought 50k of them. What am I gonna do with all of those projectiles now #-o

A suggestion for your experiment:

In order to minimize error (things such as clicking delay, random luck, etc), perhaps you should try like 500 of each type of ammo at bandits (without accumulator), since they auto-attack and there will be no clicking involved. That should give you even more precise results.

I would do the above myself, but I'm inactive right now, so I sold most of my gear to buy phats and stuff :-w

ull be like me, have ammo for whatever occasion. i always keep some type of low lvl arrows/bolts for ranging.

i currently have over 2k gem tipped bolts 10k iron arrows 7k steel arrows 10k broad arrows and 8k bone bolts.

trust me, mixing it up some times is good.

I have been thinking of getting 99 range from chins, but now im thinking bone bolts. Nice work!

omfg that [cabbage] is expensive lol if u didnt know. the prayer pots and range pots alone start adding up quickly even if u make these things by your self. then the chins cost tons...

but wow i fired off 100 chins in under 10mins their. gaining 14k exp for 100 of them. just to let u know how fast of exp that is.

can somebody please explain the bone cbow bone bolts and accumulator as i dont know how to get them or what they do? thanks. (feel free to msg me in game lol)

Free.png

@Dragonseance #1 to 200m all.

www.twitter.com/dragonseance

This was a good thread, since it got very much useful information. I'm actually going to train ranging soon, and then this information will become ver ygood to have. Thank you for posting it and doing these tests!

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

Bone Bolts at Mage Guild Zombies (+113 Range Bonus w/ 71 Range)

5,532 exp / 10 min

238 bolts / 10 min

23.23 exp / 1 bolt

33,192 exp / 60 min

1,428 bolts/ 60 min

5,712 gp   / 60 min

5.81 exp   / 1 gp

demonslayer2.png

Retired Tip.It Mod || Admin and Founder of Caesar 3 Mod Squad! All are welcome!

its up to you, bronze knives are faster but more expensive. 3 times and then some more expensive. they also max out around 14's for me where bone bolts do 20+

Yeah but if you're gonna be using them for a long amount of time, and save for example 50 hours of training, it'll only take 25 hours of earning 300k an hour to make your money back so you ultimately save 25 hours

77yLQy8.png

will the difference between bronze knives n bone bolts be so big if i train on higher level monsters like blue drags?

i am level 78 range

well at ur range lvl, and the fact that blue dragons have a nice def id use bone xbow...cuz of the extra accuracy

once ur lvl 90 i dont think it matters and u can go bronze knifes easily

but then again its hard to say, test it out urself. \'

I'm level 70 ranged, coming on 71, and I've always (up until now) used a rune c'bow with iron bolts (1k iron built up in bank, made 4k iron bolts for free) or mage bow with bronze arrows. I find that fast enough. However I think I will try bronze knives at bandits.

I'm level 70 ranged, coming on 71, and I've always (up until now) used a rune c'bow with iron bolts (1k iron built up in bank, made 4k iron bolts for free) or mage bow with bronze arrows. I find that fast enough. However I think I will try bronze knives at bandits.

the thing is, even the bone xbow with bone bolts is faster and stronger than rune c bow and irons, give it a try..

i dont see those numbers........i see dead people tho! lol j/k i dont see the numbers on post #1 tho

the number..are 'hidden' you need to click the title of the ...bar, hard to explain... like where it says "bronze knifes!" click that..

At what point (defense-wise) do the increased accuracy of bone bolts and black d hide overtake void knight and bronze knives (which assume your target has very low defense)

I'm asking primarily in terms of slayer creatures (fever spiders, bloodvelds, blue drags, nechs, gargoyles...)