9 October 2007 - Back to my Roots quest

Singh

Appreantly...you only have to pay 10 hops ONCE!

I have checked-health the vine.

and after many hours it turned into slayer monster.

I killed. Got the jade vine seed again.

I planted.

and when i try to pay him 10 hops, he says he is already looking after it :shock:

GREAT , but it might be a bug hehehe. Time will tell , but nice that we might not be growing hops all the time

cappa_norra.png

Valuable drops ??? Ohhhh yes, let me see cabbage

rswstatement.jpg

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im confused, if i pay the farmer to watch it does that mean that i can not get it for slayer xp? or do i just have to check it and then come back later when its grown wild?

He makes sure the plant grows up fine. Slayer xp you get when you kill it later after you have checked health when plant is fully grown , and sometime after that it will be wild.

cappa_norra.png

rswstatement.jpg

I got 8500 farming xp for checking the health of my vine, I'm 73 farming. It seems to me that the xp you get is dependant upon your farming lvl, according to some previous posts.

To the person that killed their plant, how much slayer xp did you get from that?

Please forgive any spelling or grammar mistakes, and I will forgive yours :)

I got 8500 farming xp for checking the health of my vine, I'm 73 farming. It seems to me that the xp you get is dependant upon your farming lvl, according to some previous posts.

To the person that killed their plant, how much slayer xp did you get from that?

That also fits the description of the "tears like" part that jagex stated. That you get xp based on lvl. Some on rsof forum stated that he got 2500 xp slayer, so i guess there is differences there too

cappa_norra.png

rswstatement.jpg

Yes, that must be like that...i just got 1500xp farming for check health :? (i'm lvl 84 farmer)

Well I'm level 75 and I got 1500. Perhaps you just made a math error.

Qeltar, aka Charles Kozierok

Webmaster, RuneScoop - Premium RuneScape Information for Expert Players -- Now Free!

Featuring the Ultimate Guide to Dungeoneering -- everything you need to know to get the most of the new skill!

signew2.png

I got 8500 farming xp for checking the health of my vine, I'm 73 farming...

Well I'm level 75 and I got 1500. Perhaps you just made a math error.

That can be the point... Roxy_Coldfire could you check it out once again :roll:

Finally the plant was wild, after a short fight i got 2500 xp slayer ( lvl 77 ). I will not be suprised if the xp is not based on your lvl.

To sum it up 1500 farm and 2500 slayer xp pr plant. Think thats ok for 1 quick fight pr every 1.5 day. Time will tell if the growrate remains at the same speed.

cappa_norra.png

rswstatement.jpg

Finally the plant was wild, after a short fight i got 2500 xp slayer ( lvl 77 ). I will not be suprised if the xp is not based on your lvl.

To sum it up 1500 farm and 2500 slayer xp pr plant. Think thats ok for 1 quick fight pr every 1.5 day. Time will tell if the growrate remains at the same speed.

1500 farming on a daily basis is pretty weak. That's the same as about 100 tomatoes, 28 watermelons, or 1 willow tree.

I expect a little more from a Master Quest.

PvP is not for me

In the 3rd Year of the Boycott
Real-world money saved since FT/W: Hundreds of Dollars
Real-world time saved since FT/W: Thousands of Hours

hi everyone - my first real post :D

I got 2.5k xp for killing the vine. Was well chuffed when I didn't have to pay horacio another 10 wildbloods. Do ppl reckon this is a bug that Jagex will fix?

Someone mentioned letting your vine grow more to get the 3k slayer xp. How long does this take - anyone know?

I never know what to write in these signature-type things...

My vine was fully grown yesterday. A few hours later I went back, and then had the option "prune". I did that and logged out. Today I logged in and found my vine wild. I killed it and got 3,5k slayer xp. My slayer lvl is 82. So maybe pruning makes the difference.

the untrimmed slayer cape is possible now.

3k slayer a day :)

Is it really? I assume you still get combat experience?

And kinda on the same note, I saw a level 3 skiller today and he had 45 Slayer. I was rather wowed.

Dark_Jab.png

1500 farming on a daily basis is pretty weak. That's the same as about 100 tomatoes, 28 watermelons, or 1 willow tree.

You get the seed back every time, doesn't work like the others where you have to get a new one every time.

A reflection is just a distorted reality held by glass and your mind.

optimizedbrokenmirrorpn.jpg

You get the seed back every time, doesn't work like the others where you have to get a new one every time.

I can get 20 or so tomatoes for each allotment plot. That means I only have to have 15 tomato seeds to get the same farming xp as the jade vine. And getting 15 tomato seeds is like falling off a log.

The 2500 slayer xp is not bad. The 1500 farming xp is obviously meant to impress the farming haters who won't get XP any other way.

PvP is not for me

In the 3rd Year of the Boycott
Real-world money saved since FT/W: Hundreds of Dollars
Real-world time saved since FT/W: Thousands of Hours

And kinda on the same note, I saw a level 3 skiller today and he had 45 Slayer. I was rather wowed.

How the bloody hell do you do that? Tears of Guthix wont work... Thats freaking impossible!

triforceelf.png

How the bloody hell do you do that? Tears of Guthix wont work... Thats freaking impossible!

Rings of Recoil and a large amount of food, I believe.

Goals to get my skills back up to a barely respectable level on the high scores:

mayjest.png

Currently going for Bone to Peaches spell. It's amazing how boring doing the same repetitive task is! Stupid MTA

got hit 71 by the book in sandys office

Perhaps the damage is a percentage of your total hp? If so, the moral is to make sure you have full health when you attempt it.

just for reference, i had 87/87 hp when i got hit 42 by the diary.

edit: total reward xp goes up to 112k!!! (including sidequest)

i was like 86/99

what did you get hit by? i got no damage at all when i picked up the diary and took it to the mage guild.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

got hit 71 by the book in sandys office

Perhaps the damage is a percentage of your total hp? If so, the moral is to make sure you have full health when you attempt it.

just for reference, i had 87/87 hp when i got hit 42 by the diary.

edit: total reward xp goes up to 112k!!! (including sidequest)

i was like 86/99

what did you get hit by? i got no damage at all when i picked up the diary and took it to the mage guild.

I'm assuming they failed to unlock the diary on their first try. I personally thought the side quest was a bit easy, although this could explain why. Certainly hard hitting!

Goals to get my skills back up to a barely respectable level on the high scores:

mayjest.png

Currently going for Bone to Peaches spell. It's amazing how boring doing the same repetitive task is! Stupid MTA