9 October 2007 - Back to my Roots quest

Singh

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awesome xp reward for such an easy quest, boss was a bit disappointing though. I am wondering however what the reward will be for handing in all the body parts to zavistic rarve or whatever his name is, I suppose that ll give something extra as well.

On a side note: with varrock armour lvl3, I was able to buy 64 battlestaffs from zaff, so Im guessing itll be 32 for lvl 2 and 16 for lvl 1.

Also, 40 pineapples from Arhein, and 80 seaweeds.

Wow, looks like I'm going to be making daily trips to these people. These items aren't noted are they? =P~

Myweponsgood.gif

Need assistance in any of these skills? PM me in game, my private chat is always ON

Lol and I had to get 71 Wc for a questt already... How about promoting skills not everyone has 70+ in?

Retired

2146 overall - 136 combat - 6 skillcapes

Plus I think the whole teenage girl thing will end soon (hopefully), because my girlfriend is absolutely in love with him(she is 18), and im beginning to feel threatened by his [Justin Bieber] dashing looks.

Only needed one foot, and no head for some reason! don't know whey they did not miss the head!

The head already was recovered during the Hand in the Sand quest. I'm not sure why you needed only one foot, though. When you think about it, one foot still is missing, and is the only part missing, after all of this. Maybe there's another sand quest in which the other foot will drop?

punitivedsig.png

So what's the monster that drops papaya seeds?

Qeltar, aka Charles Kozierok

Webmaster, RuneScoop - Premium RuneScape Information for Expert Players -- Now Free!

Featuring the Ultimate Guide to Dungeoneering -- everything you need to know to get the most of the new skill!

signew2.png

The jade vine has a kinda strange scientfic name

autoerplantvl1.png

SCREW THE NAME!

A MONSTER THAT YOU COULD KILL WITHOUT HAVING IT AS A ASSINGMENT AND STILL GET SLAYER EXP.?

tell me where it is plz

Didn't he just say they were driven to extinction? Your plant probably takes a week to grow... *ahem*
"300 programmers make their futile but glorious last stand against 1000000 angry players in The battle of Misthalin. They fight for honor, glory and new content sacrificing themselves so that their game may live on. This is Madness! This Is JAGEEEX!"

A MONSTER THAT YOU COULD KILL WITHOUT HAVING IT AS A ASSINGMENT AND STILL GET SLAYER EXP.?

tell me where it is plz

Perhaps this is the ToG-type mini-game? Your vine grows in a week. You can then kill it once per week for slayer xp without an assignment. Of course, the announcement said two skills -- perhaps you get farming for growing it and slayer for killing it, but only once per week. This would make some sense since farming and slayer are two of the harder (and less used) skills.

punitivedsig.png

new slayer monster

[hide]27528100su1.png

I'm guessing when the vine has completed growing something will happen. :)[/hide]

good updates.

I'm surprised how generous jagex was with the pineapples, battlestaffs, and seaweed.

[hide=-this is my signature- guides i've written]full list is at the top of <!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?f=180&t=775754">viewtopic.php?f=180&t=775754</a><!-- l -->[/hide]

choc bombs 450 gp now <.<

Neways quest reward looks good, I got all requirements except tribal totem

99 ranged/99 hunter/99 mage/99 cook/99 constitution

99 woodcutting/99 firemaking/99 farming

sig2fk1.png

99 herblore achieved on 7/10/2008

99 agility achieved 7/2/2010

Battlestaves can me made inot elemental battlestaffs and alched for fair amount.

Previously bots bought them all from Zaff and sold to players. With last weeks update Zaff no longer sold them so crafters were up in arms.

Now you can get between 8-64 a day.

cat_sabbath.png

Trust the Gene Genie!

i got a clue from the solder ants and got a addy (T) body from it that means that they drop lvl 2 clues

13zwenn.png

So what's the monster that drops papaya seeds?

I dont think there is one, the boss at the end drops a jade seed that you can plant, and we dont know what it does.

Quote from RS.com

"Papaya seeds as a monster drop"

"Farming patch"

And the Jade seed problably goes into the new farming patch, it grows into the vine. When you chop down the vine once a week, you problably get slayer xp, and a chance get a Papaya seed drop. (This is the tears of guthix game I believe they are refering to?)

That was my impression of what Jagex was refering to.

dawnsigblue-3.png

Been testing out the new monsters... none of them really worth fighting for drops so far.

Qeltar, aka Charles Kozierok

Webmaster, RuneScoop - Premium RuneScape Information for Expert Players -- Now Free!

Featuring the Ultimate Guide to Dungeoneering -- everything you need to know to get the most of the new skill!

signew2.png