Dragon longsword. Bad rep from Dragon scimitar?

Animaslayer

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most people prefer scims, they are more accurate and quicker...with only slightly less damage every now and then...but a D scim is a must...a D long isnt :shock:

D Mace is pretty good too...spec is the best thing...can be amazingly high :thumbsup:

98% Of teenagers surround their minds with rap music, if you're part of the 2% that stayed with rock, put this in your signature, ROCK IS BETTER!

Ranker11 told me too :P

lol your right the d long is more powerfull spacaly with spec cause the speck boost str and att during hit but the scimmy just boots att

care to elaborate in a more easy to read manner?

Animaslayer.png

Dragon Drops: Platelegs x9, Med Helms x7, Plateskirts x4, Shield Left Half x3, At least 75+ Boots!, Hatchets x5, Ruined Shard x1, Solo Claws x2, Dragon 2Hander x1, Spear x2

Whip x27, Dark Bows x9, Draconic Visage x1

sweetol5.png <- do that when you see me :P

i <3: the d long. i remember going out pking with mine hitting 35's at 78 or 79 str it was nice:D 1 time i hit 4 35's in a row :o and all u get is people saying ohh why are you using d long its not as good as scim!

RIP Michaelangelopolous

IMO i prefer scimitar. But this is only due to its speed over the d long.

P2P offers more and better ways of making money than f2p. That's one of the cons you just have to play with if you don't feel like having 1 bigmac meal less per month.

I'm only a nonmember, so... :wall:

But which one costs less?

I agree that no one seems to use a d long: only people who just got p2p.

I think that people don't use d long cuz it's too "uncool". Scimmy just looks cooler, and because of that, people like scimitars.

The way it looks while handled.

The slowness.

And yea, it's ugly.

The spec is hawt though.

8888kev8888.jpeg

Sigs by: Soa | Gold_Tiger10 | Harrinator1 | Guthix121 | robo | Elmo | Thru | Yaff2

Avatars by: Lit0ua | Unoalexi | Gold Tiger .

Hello friend, Senajitkaushik was epic, Good luck bro.

i always use mah trustah dds for the specials, but then i break out teh longinizer!!!!Shift+1!!!111!!1!11!shift!!!1 scimmy looks el tupid and the dlong attacks look like natural fighting, not trying to hack at your opponent with a blunt and horridly curved scimmy.

sonerohi.gifimage,p0wn,orange,lblue.png

Use dragon scim + dds for training. Scim is better statistically if you use it with dds. Using dds for its spec and scim for its consistent damage. Using dds + scim negates the special of the dlong due to the dds spec being one of the best in the game.

I like the dragon scimi ::'

:-k but the dragon long is easier to get, quest wise...

:| so which should i get if im gonna choose..?

someone pls tell me!!!!!! :pray: :pray: :pray:

cos most people think that the d scimi looks and is better. but its harder to get!!! lol :XD:

O.mirzan-O.mirzan.gif

d drops/ legs(0) chain (0) axes (0) skirts (0) meds(0)/ visage! (0)/ rings (0)

-My Blog! Don't forget to post!

Personally, I think the d scim is better than the d long.

Everyone knows about the slower rep rate for the d long, and itÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s dismissed as being low impacting because itÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s not a long delay. What ppl donÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t realize is that the delay is exaggerated when hitting a zero. With a d scim, a zero hit has less of an impact on the fight because you can hit again pretty quick. But a zero hit with a d long leaves you going an inordinate amount of time without inflicting damage on your opponent, all the while eating hits without a reply of your own.

Speed kills

Ewsentinel.png

KoAClan.org for adults

^ If thats true then Dragon Dagger must be the best weapon of all because it's the fastest and God sword must be one of the worst because it's almost as slow as 2H. You people are saying speed is the best option that is complete *Insert offensive word here*

^ If thats true then Dragon Dagger must be the best weapon of all because it's the fastest and God sword must be one of the worst because it's almost as slow as 2H. You people are saying speed is the best option that is complete *Insert offensive word here*

No, I wasn't saying that. The DDS is only fast while you have spec enough to double hit. Otherwise, it's average speed at best. The DDS is only good in short bursts (use the right tool for the right job). The GS has such a high str bonus, itÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s big hits more than aptly makes up for the any speed lag. Conversely, d scm and d long are close enough to each other to make the comparison, whereas the DDS and GS are not. ItÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s one thing to compare apples to oranges, but a whole different thing to compare apples to rocket ships. :P

Ewsentinel.png

KoAClan.org for adults

If I was a pker, I might feel differently. But for m̮̻̉̉l̮̩̉̉e, the d long is my weapon of choice.

That statement really made me want to watch the Weapon of Choice video with Christopher Walken.[/random]

Well, I'd go with d long, I was a member for a pretty short time but the longsword seemed like a better choice. Then again, I wasn't even thinking about pking at the time.

The ULTIMATE Runescape weapon

All right, let's bring some math into this. I can hear all of you cheering. After all, everybody loves math.

Dragon Longsword speed rating (taken from KB): 5

Dragon Scimitar speed rating (taken from KB): 6

That basically means that a Dragon Scimitar can hit 6 times in the time it takes for a Dragon Longsword to 5.

Max hit with just Dragon Longsword at 80 strength, agressive, no pots or prayers: 20. With special: 25

Max hit with just Dragon Scimitar at 80 strength, agressive, no pots or prayers: 19.

All right, then. 5 times 20 equals 100. Let's say that one of those five hits was a special. So that's 105.

6 times 19 equals 114.

Now, for the final question....

[hide]Which is bigger: 105 or 114?[/hide]

Of course, I'm not factoring in accuracy here. But even if I were, the Dragon Longsword would not surpass the Dragon Scimitar.

Ah, this reminds me about the noob on the Runescape forums who was upset with the quest "Cold War" because apparently his grandparents died in the war. :wall:

D long is not ugly seriosuly it looks better than the scimitar

Animaslayer.png

Dragon Drops: Platelegs x9, Med Helms x7, Plateskirts x4, Shield Left Half x3, At least 75+ Boots!, Hatchets x5, Ruined Shard x1, Solo Claws x2, Dragon 2Hander x1, Spear x2

Personally I use the D longsword and not the D scimitiar because of three things. The first reason is that I haven't the ability to wield the dragon scimitiar yet, because I haven't completed the monkey madness quest. The second reason and the third reason will explain why I don't just do the quest.

The second reason is that even though scimitar is faster, it's not so much faster that I will quit training, which I need to do now, and instead do a whole quest. But the third reason, which I think is the most important one, is that Dragon Longsword looks so much better!

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

Personally I use the D longsword and not the D scimitiar because of three things. The first reason is that I haven't the ability to wield the dragon scimitiar yet, because I haven't completed the monkey madness quest. The second reason and the third reason will explain why I don't just do the quest.

The second reason is that even though scimitar is faster, it's not so much faster that I will quit training, which I need to do now, and instead do a whole quest. But the third reason, which I think is the most important one, is that Dragon Longsword looks so much better!

+1

Animaslayer.png