Dragon longsword. Bad rep from Dragon scimitar?

Animaslayer

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i thought it is farming and slayer that ruined the long (ddp++ and whip)

i never use the scim. it didnt hit a lot better than long like whip and less defence bonus, as well as a stinky special.

Dlong is ugly as hell, if Jagex changes the position of the dlong and I might consider buying one <.<

need ur eyes testing mate..

Animaslayer.png

Dragon Drops: Platelegs x9, Med Helms x7, Plateskirts x4, Shield Left Half x3, At least 75+ Boots!, Hatchets x5, Ruined Shard x1, Solo Claws x2, Dragon 2Hander x1, Spear x2

Whip x27, Dark Bows x9, Draconic Visage x1

sweetol5.png <- do that when you see me :P

Hmm well I used to have a whip but I got fed up with being skint. So I decided to finish mm and get myself a dragon scimitar, then sell my whip.

I'm glad I did. I couldn't go into the wildy because of the risk of losing my most valueble item. But before I saved for whip I used dragon long, and I remember hitting quite alot in pest control. But you alwace got the mace and the dagger, huh?

The dragon long is a horrible weapon :?

The special is perhaps the ONLY reason anyone should use it. But even then, if you have access to a dragon long, you have access to dragon daggers.

In the Scim vs Long argument, aside from personal preference, the scimitar is better overall in everything except the special attack, but again, if you have access to the long, you have access to the dds, which is a MUCH better weapon to special with.

Its faster xp an hour

Its more damage over time

Its special is next to useless

but it is still statistically better than a long

aquasig2lc8.png

^^Click For Monster Hunting Blog (180M+ in drops)^^

y_anima"]
Dlong is ugly as hell, if Jagex changes the position of the dlong and I might consider buying one <.<

need ur eyes testing mate..

Sorry, I Agree with Magical Phat, The Dragon Longsword is ugly as hell. If they changed the look of the Dragon Longsword more people would use it in my opinion. Currently, the Dragon Scimitar just looks way better then the Dragon Longsword.

siggy.jpg

^Click Siggy for Blog^

Dragon Long is the classic mid-leveled all rounder that is outclassed by a few combinations of weps. The Spec is good, but I would rather be using D B axe with a scimmy or whip.

Dragon Long will always be a decent weapon of choice, there are just better weapons out there for those with more quest experience or cash.

Bubb_Rubb.png

not in str tho

Animaslayer.png

Dragon Drops: Platelegs x9, Med Helms x7, Plateskirts x4, Shield Left Half x3, At least 75+ Boots!, Hatchets x5, Ruined Shard x1, Solo Claws x2, Dragon 2Hander x1, Spear x2

y_anima"]not in str tho

Godsword train strength :-k

Or didn't you notice the gs?

I think this thread is directed toward the MAJORITY of people who play RuneScape, not the MINORITY of people who have billions of gp.

It has been tested, it has been proven, and it has been seen. Dragon Scimitar beats Dragon Longsword in terms of Strength training.

If the Dragon Scimitar hits 5 times whilst the Dragon Longsword hits 4 times, this is what happens:

You get five hits with 66 Strength and Slash bonus

OR

You get four hits with 71 Strength and Attack bonus.

Isn't it obvious???

kingtut3.png

ah welll

Animaslayer.png

D long owns tbh 8-) It's the most fun Dragon Wep, or one of the most.

D scimmy is just boring, but is much better to train with and hit well, but it's just a regular good weapon.

D long, I'd say, is for having fun. Like this: :twisted:

dlongmassacreabyssals.png

bottomsupsiggyori.jpg

Runescaper since June 2005

Blog

First off, the +5 str bonus of the longsword means that your max hit raises by 1. It doesn't even mean you will hit 1 more, you just have the capacity of hitting 1 point more. The +5 str is nothing good.

Second off, did anyone actually calculate the difference of speeds between the longsword and the scimitar? +1 max hit vs. more speed, this is what this is about, and there's no doubt the speed wins.

Third off, people say the longsword is better because of the spec. That's irrelevant. If you truly are concerned about being the most efficient, you will bring along a dbaxe or a dds. So stop talking about the specs, it's stupid.

And finally, if you want to get the most efficient strength training, either use berserker necklass + obsidian sword, or use "controlled" opinion on whip.

2480+ total

i always use a d long... and i always get made fun for using in but w/e couse its way better then d scim :D

Keessig.jpg

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

click for teh bloggy.

ty to swaggeh for sig!

If anything's underrated it is the D Mace, it hits about the same speed as the longsword and does more damage with its specials. Drink a sup attack and have a low def enemy (even PvP versus someone with str gear), you'll almost always hit your max.

You may say that the DDS is better, but, trust me, against barrows or good defence it has nothing on you. I use str gear with about 210 defence and dds doesn't touch me, but a mace can hit through that =)

newsigac5.png

yip

Animaslayer.png

i ÃÆââââ¬Å¾Ã¢ÃâÃÂ¥ my d long.

If someone bashes me for it, i hit a 35 on them.

whips are better, but only because they can hit lower without spec but like twice as fast

flobotst.jpg

Hegemony-Spain