Noobs. Could they be good?

Dizzle229

Noobs are, as you say, actually pretty funny. And RS would for sure be much more boring without them.

But there are several types of noobs. Myself I don't like all of them. I hate beggers, just for an example. Sure, if there is someone who ask you one time if you might spare him some coins, that's okay. But it isn't okay if he or she just keeps asking "please" or the more common "pl0x" when you already have said no a couple of times.

The most of the times though, noobs makes the time we spend in Rs much more fun :)

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

:XD: I also love noobs, they don't know much about the game and that makes them enjoyable, they also are not like these high level addicts.

but the begger noobs who don't wanna go do something decent, aren't any good IMO :anxious:

coenvg.png

Master of Firemaking since 10-11-2007 Yes, I QUIT! =]

Master of Woodcutting since Christmas 2007

Completed all quests - Completed all achievement diaries.

I don't believe in the word "Noob" it seems a pathetic attempt at making someone's life worst. But I've seen it used strangely not it's real meaning as meaning "Newbie" I was called a newb for dieing 10 on 1 at half health and I've been playing over 3 years and level 97.

I don't think you could just generalise a whole group of different individuals and ask if they're good :?

don't forget they're people too and are all individuals

anyways: people who purposely annoy people, ruin the game and act like they have an IQ under 10 aren't considered good in my opinnion

Someone is eventually going to say this so I might aswell:

Noob=annoying person

Newb=someone new to the game

Noobs are by definition people who cause hassle to others.

Newbs are players that don't really know whats going on.

that is NOT true! They are different spellings of the SAME WORD!!!

noobs do make the game more fun, without them, the whole of runescapw would be boring... yes they can be annoying and yes they can make u explode, but if there were no noobs, who would be there to shout at? i remember when i was a noob and i didnt know what "lmao" was and i thought it meant "Lame" when i asked ppl started calling me a noob. atleast i kept them entertained. :P

i hate the word "noob."

people use it as an insult all the time. you know what it says to me if you call me a "noob?"

translation in my head: "my vocabulary isn't large enough to properly insult you."

hmmmm, this is interesting.

anyway, lets take a moment to explain where noobs come from. they are created by zamorak to annoy decent players, but turns out they're just hilarious.

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Get back here so I can rub your butt.

Noobs-Funny? Yes. Amusing? No.

Tbh, the comedy doesn't outweigh the constant harassment, 'pHr33 s700fS pl0x0rs!11' '0mg s3ll1ng lvl 144 acc!11!!' '0mg j00 k1ll3d a sp1dER!!!11!!! Bug Ab00se!'

But they aren't going away, so we might as well enjoy them...

To clarify:

Noobs(Stupid/annoying players)- Bad.

Newbs(New players)-Good, unless they turn into noobs.

There is no meaning or truth in life but that which we create for ourselves.

40678187bv4.jpg

Noob isn't defined as a low leveler or a new player. Noobs are defined as players acting immature/stupidly/selfishly/ect. A newb (newbie) is someone who is new to whatever it is they are doing. In other words, a level 100 could be considered a huge noob while at the same time a level 30 (who acts maturely and treats others with respect and blah blah) wouldn't technically be labeled as one.

Thought I'd get that out of the way. And on topic, "noobs" are annoying and un-needed. They get in your way and on your nerves. I'm still a bit baffled at how you can find them funny or enjoyable :-k . To be honest, "noob" has 100% lost its original meaning.

Example. Just a few days ago I was announcing that I was buying a rune plate at the Lumby bank. Well a level 48 trades me and throws up a rune plate. I throw up the 55k to buy it. He declines the trade and says, "more." I laughed and said, "no thanks i'll just find someone else." The level 48 then begins to bombard me with the word "noob" and laughing and informs me that the rune plate is worth 90k... :-s . It isn't even close to 90k if you buy it from the shop!!

"Noob" is used as an insult these days for reasons that do not even make sense. The term is so... watered down (?) that I find it to be useless all together.

RS Name: Zibl || Click Signature for my RS Life Story!

ziblretieredwarriorchicpc7.jpg

[ 87 Combat ] [ 1240 Total ] [ Ex-RSC Professional Merchant ]

12.20.01 - 10.5.05 || Status: Retired

Total losses in 5 years = just over 630 million gp (BILLIONS in today's prices)

Dizzle, you say you love noobs because they are funny, but you do not respect them. You just love them the same way a bully loves his victim because said victim is entertaning to him. You just love them the same way someone could love a developmentally delayed person because said developmentally delayed person says funny things. But if there's no respect in your love for them, then it's not love, it's just some twisted sadist entertainment, the noob being reduced to a mere object-like being.

2480+ total

Dizzle, you say you love noobs because they are funny, but you do not respect them. You just love them the same way a bully loves his victim because said victim is entertaning to him. You just love them the same way someone could love a developmentally delayed person because said developmentally delayed person says funny things. But if there's no respect in your love for them, then it's not love, it's just some twisted sadist entertainment, the noob being reduced to a mere object-like being.

pretty much, ya :thumbsup:

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Get back here so I can rub your butt.

I think they are, you got to remember everyone was a noob when they started playing. Also they bring new ideas to the game IMO

Edit: 300th post Ftw :thumbsup:

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably
practising some euphonium

You nearly had me fooled, you fooler you

Euphonium/10.

9/10. To me, always associate Albel with musical stuff in OT.

Everyone with a goatee and glasses is Albel now.

lmfao albel m8 wat r u doin, hi though.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]

I guess anything is good if you look at it from a positive enough angle. Noobs may be annoying, but they're funny :P

racistmodhq9.png Racist Mod (may or may not have been taken out of context)

Figuring out what to put in my signature just takes too much work.

If your still reading this, your a noob.

lol