Rowling Says Dumbledore Is Gay.

Craiglowery

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, that's crunchy. Very surprising, I could undersand Lupin, Sirius, Severus, Ron, Harry, Lucius, Draco, and all of the others, but Dumbledore, of all people? Wow :XD:

I'm fairly sure many slash writers beat her to that conclusion.

I'm not trying to mean anything by it, but reading this two quotes together gives me a weird feeling about highlanders. :XD:

Lol! XD

I do read slash fanfictions from time to time, along with the normal fanfiction. But I don't write any, why write when other people do it for you? :P

Thought so. Nothing wrong about it, by the way. ::'

I just have finished the books, and I really hadn't thought of the love life of Dumbledore, mostly because you never learn anything about his times after Grindelwald and before Hogwarts. Even so, I'm pretty sure Rowling isn't advertising, nor did she try to state that in the books. Most probably it's the best way to avoid talking about any potential Mrs. Dumbledore.

This signature is intentionally left blank.

Reading what she described, I think she may have hidden it somewhat in the books. I believe that maybe at the start she wanted him to be gay, but kinda covered it a bit. It may be a publicity stunt, but it doesn't completely surprise me. I also kinda thought there was more to the whole Grindelwald story than what was in the books.

Harry + Dumbledore = can anyone say PEDOFILE? :uhh: :shock: (if I can't say that then delete this post) :o

What on earth is a "pedofile"? Is that how the USA spells "paedophile" or something?.

Comments like this are one of tip.it's bad points..

Doomy edit: I like sheep

Since it wasn't written in the book, I won't believe it. I have as much right to interpret the book as the author does right? Call me a homophobe, but I prefer Dumbledore not gay. Either way, Dumbledore is the same to me.

And he had a crush on Grindelwald? That's just ridiculous; she's making this up as she goes along, to enjoy herself and her 1.12 billion dollars.

Life is a joke. Yeah, I don't get it either.

Harry + Dumbledore = can anyone say PEDOFILE? :uhh: :shock: (if I can't say that then delete this post) :o
So if you're gay, you're automatically a pedophile? You ignorant [bleep].

Did he say being gay makes him a pedophile? No. Don't put words in his mouth. Dumbledore just so happens to be ~50 years older than Harry, an 11-year old in the first book. You do the math. If you knew a straight, male, elderly teacher who gave a young girl "private lessons" in his office what conclusion would you come to? Pedophilia isn't far off.

summerpngwy6.jpg

Since it wasn't written in the book, I won't believe it.

It was never written in the book that Dumbledore was straight. In fact, and correct me if I'm wrong, it was never written that Dumbledore has ever had a female love interest. We only ever hear about his interests and relationships with males (Grindlewald, Dodge, Harry).

And yes, you are a flaming homophobe.

Why does everyone automatically assume that every character in a book must be straight unless explicitly stated otherwise?

Most probably it's the best way to avoid talking about any potential Mrs. Dumbledore.

Introducing a Mr. Dumbledore (as a partner) would cause a lot more controversy than a Mrs. Dumbledore.

Ahhhh so that's why he's called the headmaster!

Haha, clever. :lol:

Did he say being gay makes him a pedophile? No. Don't put words in his mouth. Dumbledore just so happens to be ~50 years older than Harry, an 11-year old in the first book. You do the math.

His post made no explicit sense. However, implicitly it said that Dumbledore was a pedophile and loved Harry. Whether or not he specifically said it in words, it was most certainly implied in his butchered mathematical equation for pedophilia.

This is just one particular interpretation of the guy's post (although I'm sure many people would interpret it that way).

If you knew a straight, male, elderly teacher who gave a young girl "private lessons" in his office what conclusion would you come to? Pedophilia isn't far off.

Bad analogy; you're switching around the sexes and sexuality.

A more consistent analogy would have been an elderly lesbian female who's giving a female student private lessons.

Either way, it doesn't look like pedophilia at all. It's just the school's most famous wizard going for private lessons with elderly people of the same gender.

Remember, he was also privately tutored by Lupin (among others) for a time.

Either way, all it looks like is an exceptional student who brown noses and goes to private lessons with an elderly teacher of the same gender.

Either way, all it looks like is an exceptional student who brown noses and goes to private lessons with an elderly teacher of the same gender.
:oops: :lol:

Pun not intented I take it..

If it makes Rowling happy to make Dumbledore a homosexuel, then it's her choice really. It's not like anything in the books can prove the opposite.[/u]

So if you're gay, you're automatically a pedophile? You ignorant [bleep].

Did he say being gay makes him a pedophile? No. Don't put words in his mouth. Dumbledore just so happens to be ~50 years older than Harry, an 11-year old in the first book. You do the math. If you knew a straight, male, elderly teacher who gave a young girl "private lessons" in his office what conclusion would you come to? Pedophilia isn't far off.

THERE WAS A DARK LORD, INSANE!!!!! THat's the conclusion I would come to.

dmanxb7.jpg

Trix.--quit WoW as of 12/07

Thank you 4be2jue for the wonderful sig and avatar!

One fan asked whether Albus Dumbledore, the head of the famed Hogwarts School of Wizardry and Witchcraft, had ever loved anyone. Rowling smiled. "Dumbledore is gay, actually," replied Rowling as the audience errupted in surprise.

What does Dumbledore being homosexual have to do with him loving somebody? Or does she think that homosexuals can't love someone. What does it matter anyway, the books are finished and she never hinted on something, she can just make up whatever she wants, and obviously saying Dumbledore is the best shocker imaginable.

21o4pav.jpg

Signature by Maurice Sendak

When the stars make you drool just like a pasta fazool, that's amore!

Anybody who's ever seen "Potter Puppet pals" shouldn;t be surprised at all :D

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif

As if (some) Christians didn't hate it enough already....

I wonder if the guy who played Dumbledore in the movies knows he is gay.

I dont think Christians hate it any more than anybody else. And what does Dumbledore being gay have to do with christianity? You dont go to hell if you're gay incase you dont know. You just aren't supposed to think about gay things. Just like you're not supposed to lie.

As if (some) Christians didn't hate it enough already....

I wonder if the guy who played Dumbledore in the movies knows he is gay.

I dont think Christians hate it any more than anybody else. And what does Dumbledore being gay have to do with christianity? You dont go to hell if you're gay incase you dont know. You just aren't supposed to think about gay things. Just like you're not supposed to lie.

Umm well I was referring to the uproar on Harry Potter books in schools. In case you didn't know, some Christians had a huge problem with "magic". Adding a homosexual to that does not improve the situation.

dmanxb7.jpg

Trix.--quit WoW as of 12/07

Thank you 4be2jue for the wonderful sig and avatar!