Monday Poll: What feature would you like Tip.It to release?

MPM

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was a bit dissappointed by the equipment builder tip.it recently released. It lists all the items alphebetically, whereas I wanted to use it to determine what piece of armour I was going to buy next to improve on my current rune armour. In excel it is possible to re sort the whole list in order of the various stats. So for example if I wanted to know which shield offered a better range def bonus that rune kite say, i could click the range def bonus column and it would reshuffle the list in ascending order of range def bonus.

The shop database is similaly alphebetically organised. I wanted to find which shops sell a particular item, but it was of no help to me. (there is a search funtion but it always showed the same results - suggesting i could get dragon skirt from an archery store??) The shop database could be linked to the items database. In the items database there is a box for 'speciality shop sells for' that could contain a link to what shop it is refering to.

Thats my tuppence worth; a market price guide would be helpful too, but I felt the previous comment that Jagex could use their trade stats to show the average price of the last 500 (or 50 or whatever) transactions, would fulfil the needs of traders much better than any price guide outsiders such as tip.it can get together.

ps I hope to see the rfd subquests taken into account in the quest calculator soon ;)

Market price hands down. tip.it should eventually have a city guild, but i think Market price is more important for now

to be honest a city guide is kinda lame... i have read about 4 diffrent sites of ciy guides there all the same. it tells you what shops are there and where they are. period thats it. boring.... i think price guide is good cause it gives an idea to use for what somthing cost. i like zybez's cause i can say ok i need to buy 5k willow logs and i can type 5000 in quanity and it will show a good amount i'll be paying. i dont ever use runehq price guide its horrible. zybez is fairly acurate as its updated every day.

dj_phox.png

zybez is fairly acurate as its updated every day.

Zybez themselves admit their prices can at times be 500% innaccurate - that's massive, and in no way can be deemed "accurate".

I honestly think a price guide maintained by humans is just not feasable. :|

lol every tip.it user seems to know zybez just as well as tip.it

i only know it because my little brother uses it, but i've never really seen the use of it.

i vote for improved calculators, cause those are the features i use the most

still have to think up a nice signature

lol

A price guide would be good. It'd be nice to compare prices with zybez so I can get a more accurate price. Zybez is usually right with the prices (but not always) so a 2nd price guide to compare with would be great.

fizaru1534.png

HOBOS OWN

City Guide City Guide City Guide.

When I was just starting members and I wanted to know where to find something in, say, Ardougne, I had to Google search it! Noooo!! We neeeed a city guide here, I've always thought that. You've got dungeon maps, mining sites, you've already got Keldagrim and the underground goblin place that I can't spell... might as well tell us about the cities too! It wouldn't be as difficult to update as a price guide would be, either.

Along the coast road, by the headland

The early lights of winter glow.

Ill pour a cup to you my darling.

Raise it up --- say cheerio.

I would like to see Tipit updating more frequently to follow the official Runescape site. There's updates there from the 22nd, today is the 26th, and the last update to the Tipit site about official Runescape news is from the 16th. I just remember when the Tipit site was just as good a place to look as the official Runescape site for news because it would update within hours of new information.

So, aside from commenting on and forwarding official Runescape news, I'd vote for marketplace prices updated more frequently. And when was the forum "price check" last updated? It seems the same as when I played a year ago, but I know things have changed since then (could just be the sections I look at).

hmtourniquet.png

I wouldn't trust that poll if I were you guys. The city database is obviously hacked or someone figured out how to do more than one vote. Also noting that this week's poll has 9000 more people voting than last week.

And it went up 11 votes in about 20 seconds. Notice how market isn't going up.

I would put a cool link here but I don't know how.

Go city guide! :twisted:

"Son, if you really want something in this life, you have to work hard for it... Now quiet, the lottery numbers are about to come on." - Homer Simpson

Quest Cape, 73 wc, 57 rc, 73 def, 89 cb, 68 agil ;)

zybez is fairly acurate as its updated every day.

Zybez themselves admit their prices can at times be 500% innaccurate - that's massive, and in no way can be deemed "accurate".

No... that'd be RuneHQ :P. Usually the prices are right, sometimes a few % off depending on the time of day they were updated (seems americans like to pay more for some things :P)

I honestly think a price guide maintained by humans is just not feasable.

I'm not human, I'm AI 8-). lol

It's feasible, just pretty hard. I've been doing it for just over 3 years.

A price guide would be great to have, wouldn't need Zybez or RuneHQ anymore.

Maybe after that the city guides could be released... :-k

They're both great additions to the Tip.it website, so really it doesn't matter what order they appear in, as long as we get both. :D

Pasty.png

what would be good is a price guide that gets updated every day or something, this may be ahrd though. but yer it oculd be your own little zybez and then you could get it on 'chat' programmes.

doc_bender.png

more bank space for non-members

I voted price guide, but it seems that city guide just shot up like 10,000 posts...

"Dad, how important is it be popular?" - Bart

"I'm glad you asked me that son, because... being popular is the most IMPORTANT thing in the world." - Homer