"I am Legend" Trailer / Discussion

Google90

Movie was real nice, until the dog died. After that the whole movie started to go down and down, and it kinda started to suck... and the ending screwed up everything, in my opinion they should stop before the ending... it might be cause I don't understand something or haven't read the book or whatever, but from how I see the ending...

Everyone dies with exception of a few people, and they all live long and unhappy in a screwed world full of misery.

(sorry, I just don't like REAL bad ending's)

Ingame - Bermudah33

6lo2c8g.jpg

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ive never really heard too much about this movie up till a couple days ago, but it looks really good. Plus my math teacher is in the movie and we get extra credit if we bring in our ticket stub. \'

A sub in my school district always telling everyone how he was in the Matrix. It turns out that he was just an extra driving a car. -.-

2w3uule.png

2w726iv.png

you know there is a place called outside, better graphics 100% pvp and no fee to play :-w

I liked it somewhat. I usually don't watch many somewhatscary movies, so somethings scared me. You could tell something was coming during some of the parts.

[hide]I was a bit disappointed Will didn't survive. Although it was kinda cool how he had the whole light system and explosives for a mutant attack.

On another note, who was that main mutant who was head-butting the plexiglass? He looked like he was commanding them all. [/hide]

[hide]I think it would have been better if the ending was more like the other movie, the title "I am Legend" doesn't make as much sense in this one. I know movie goers nowadays like happy endings, I think this movie would have been better if it was a lot more tragic.[/hide]

At least it wasn't, "I is Legend." :lol:

Shamuuu.png

Listen to the mighty words of Bloodredsword.

Tip it MGC Xbox live leader board!

[hide]

Movie was real nice, until the dog died. After that the whole movie started to go down and down, and it kinda started to suck... and the ending screwed up everything, in my opinion they should stop before the ending... it might be cause I don't understand something or haven't read the book or whatever, but from how I see the ending...

Everyone dies with exception of a few people, and they all live long and unhappy in a screwed world full of misery.

(sorry, I just don't like REAL bad ending's)

[/hide]

way to use the spoiler tags, bud. :roll:

Saw it today, it was pretty good, but one thing troubles me:

[hide]Wouldn't it be rather obvious the cure is in their blood? That's how other vaccinations are created, inject antibodies for the disease from something immune to it.[/hide]

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif

[hide]Wouldn't it be rather obvious the cure is in their blood? That's how other vaccinations are created, inject antibodies for the disease from something immune to it.[/hide]

[hide]Maybe so. But I'd imagine so soon after the catastrophe, it'd be hard to think about trying to kidnap one of them.

I don't get how the girl and the boy got to the island when the bridge's were blown out?[/hide]

Now that I'm reading the book, there are absolutely no similarities between the book and movie--they're completely different.

[hide]In the book, Robert Neville is blonde and blue eyes. He has no dog. The "Darkchasers" aren't completely inhumane (i.e., they talk normally, saying "Come out, Neville"), and they know he lives there--they just can't break into his house. He smokes. He has no knowledge of anatomy, isn't a doctor. The book takes place in the 1970's-1980's. Otherwise, the movie and book have similarities--they got his wife and kid's name right, the "Darkchasers" are afraid of the light, and, of course, Nevilles obsession with finding the cure. But hey, this book IS old, and I actually like the movie in terms of more imagination--making it more in the future in 1212, having monstrous darkchasers, making him a doctor so he can find the cure, and not making him completely alone. Luckily, the book isn't a let down (So far).[/hide]

For posters that don't like the name I am Legend, that's a too bad 'cause the book is named so.

Like I said, the book and movies have their differences, but I personally believe they both have their strong points and weakpoints. I also believe the movie version is for the movies--despite it's mishaps with the book. Read the spoilers, if you dare!

Hoping to get a new Signature (with matching avatar) soon. :D

In the meantime...Steam username: )I'll rewrite it later (add me if you want)

[hide]That is what confused me too pirate. That, and why they were after humans...[/hide]

[hide]He talked about how maybe they were running out of a food source, back when he caught one of the mutants and the other one almost ran out but stared at him instead, due to the light. I guess that means that they aren't cannibalistic. [/hide]

What's so unusual about those kinds of prices? That's what the rest of the world pays for fuel already. Yanks have it easy.
Explain...??? There's no way any country pays that much for fuel... 600 bucks a litre/gallon whatever you measure it in is something their just using to portray the extent of using up our resources at our current speed.

If your referring to third world countries it is usually in fact CHEAPER in third world countries for petrol. People don't just go there and sell it at american prices. Although places like India are climbing up in fuel prices people think about how much people CAN pay for fuel before dumping a petrol station there.

world2isntthathardby4.pngI think merchanting is extinct....

lordofthehauntedminestextcb6.png Completed haunted mine at level 75.

Barrows Drops: Dh platelegs, Guth helm, Karils cb, Torags legs

-------------RETIRED------------------

What's so unusual about those kinds of prices? That's what the rest of the world pays for fuel already. Yanks have it easy.
Explain...??? There's no way any country pays that much for fuel... 600 bucks a litre/gallon whatever you measure it in is something their just using to portray the extent of using up our resources at our current speed.

If your referring to third world countries it is usually in fact CHEAPER in third world countries for petrol. People don't just go there and sell it at american prices. Although places like India are climbing up in fuel prices people think about how much people CAN pay for fuel before dumping a petrol station there.

$6 buddy, not 600 :wink:

[hide]I thought the movie was really good, it wasn't as scary as I had hoped though. A thing that confused me was when he sees "Fred" in some random spot (That was funny too, "If you're real Fred, say so now!"), how did that trap get there? Did the "things" set it up somehow? I thought they weren't smart enough to do something like that. And he was hanging upside down for probably atleast 6-7 hours, wouldn't he die by then? I was also confused as to how that one grenade at the end killed all of them. I mean sure grenade explosions are powerful, but to wipe out almost the entire city of monsters?[/hide]

[[hide]I thought the movie was really good, it wasn't as scary as I had hoped though. A thing that confused me was when he sees "Fred" in some random spot (That was funny too, "If you're real Fred, say so now!"), how did that trap get there? Did the "things" set it up somehow? I thought they weren't smart enough to do something like that. And he was hanging upside down for probably atleast 6-7 hours, wouldn't he die by then? I was also confused as to how that one grenade at the end killed all of them. I mean sure grenade explosions are powerful, but to wipe out almost the entire city of monsters?[/hide]

[hide]Why would he have died by then? And why wouldn;t they be smart? they are, after all, humans, so they would retain intelligence, plus they saw him do the same. And it destroyed them all because all the monsters in the city were in the basement with him, it didn't blow up the city or anything. plus his lab probably had a ton of flammable chemicals and such[/hide]

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

angel2w.gif

[hide]I thought the movie was really good, it wasn't as scary as I had hoped though. A thing that confused me was when he sees "Fred" in some random spot (That was funny too, "If you're real Fred, say so now!"), how did that trap get there? Did the "things" set it up somehow? I thought they weren't smart enough to do something like that. And he was hanging upside down for probably atleast 6-7 hours, wouldn't he die by then? I was also confused as to how that one grenade at the end killed all of them. I mean sure grenade explosions are powerful, but to wipe out almost the entire city of monsters?[/hide]

[hide]I'm thinking that the one monster that saw Will set the original trap up copied it. I think that particular monster has a higher level of intelligence than the rest as he seems to give orders to the other ones. As for the grenade, the fire that resulted looked like it was being fueled by different chemicals and such in the room. It didn't need to kill the entire city, just the ones in the room that knew where Anna and Ethan were hiding. The only thing I was wondering was what they're going to do with the vaccine. I mean, the remaining people in the colony are already immune so the vaccine would only be good for the infected ones but they're pretty flipping hard to catch. Oh well. I still loved the movie.[/hide]

[hide]For all we know, there's a huge quarantined area somewhere with a ton of infectees. They can cure them and then catch more?

this is the first topic I've ever seen where we talk entirely in hide tags. I think that now the title says "I AM Legend Discussion", people reading this aw the movie, so the hide tags can stop. Just a thought.[/hide]

whalenuke.png

angel2w.gif

[hide=Everyone else is hiding so will i!]Not bad film, but wasnt brillaint. In the end he shouldnt of killed himself as it ended quite suddenly.. Best bit- was when that infected dude kept smashing his head into the glass like a total idiot. Worst bit-when sam died or force-died[/hide] :(

shadowsigzeddude-1.jpg

[hide]ending was weird, couldn't he have crawled into the hole with the mother and kid and then threw the grenade, so he would have been spared and killed his monster buddies in the process?

anyhow, I don't think banging your head on some plexiglass is helpful, even for a mutant humanoid thing, like wouldn't it have done him some sort of brain damage or shattered his skull?[/hide]

eggzs.png

[hide]You'd be surprised how hard the human skull is :wink:

I have 2 questions: How come the mutants near the end were smart enough to jump on the lights to break them? i though their human intelligence was nearly destroyed because of a lack of food

2: how come a lot of the mutants were all big and muscular? If you are barely managing to eat and are getting 0 sunlight, I doubt your body can develop very well[/hide]

Best part:

[hide]

When he's in the DVD store and is crying and says "Hi" to the lady. Then he sobs, "SAY HELLO TO ME!"

At that point, MEGA FACEPALM

[/hide]

I don't run races to see who's the fastest, I run to see who has the most guts. -Pre

thewho2.jpg

Currently the best beat out there:

Minuit jacuzzi (DatA Remix) - TEPR

Very disappointed.

Trailer led me to believe this was going to be very 28 days later-esque. Thoroughly enjoyed the first part of the movie, but halfway through it just took a dive into trying far too hard to be yet another hollywood horror when it could have done itself great justice staying in its own league.

Will Smith was great, played the part with great emotion. Shame it turned into a shoot 'em up rather than sticking to its strengths.

CGI monsters looked incredibly crap too. Incredibly crap. Looked like they were totally covered in varnish.

Fail. Go back, try again.

logo.jpg

Best part:

[hide]

When he's in the DVD store and is crying and says "Hi" to the lady. Then he sobs, "SAY HELLO TO ME!"

At that point, MEGA FACEPALM

[/hide]

No kidding. But in light of what had just transpired, it kinda lessened the humor. Still really #-o moment, though. :lol:

I dare someone to do that in public...go to a random stranger and yell "SAY HELLO TO ME!"

whalenuke.png

angel2w.gif