Woodcutting Eggs~Theorys

hbk_hossack

I'm sure most of us have been woodcutting one day and got a birds nest. Then suddenly, inside we discover none other than a coloured egg. It's untradeable and has no use, so some people throw it away. But i keep them. Here is my theory on these eggs (and please post yours)

-Since they are Blue, Green and Red they are Saradomin, Guthix and Zamarok eggs. I think sometime in the future, Jagex will remove them from bird's nest and make them tradeable, thus making them rare, since many rares re going out of the gae due to bannings, quitting, etc.

What are your theorys on these eggs?

38% of Tip.Iters put stupid made up statistics in their sigs. If you are one of the 62% that don't, put this in your sig.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

throw them at mr wilsons house

The guy that makes those volleyballs?

I can only assume you are being serious, as I can't see your face. He means the character from Denis the Menace. Back on topic, I don't think the eggs will ever do anything. They are just there.

This topic reminds me of an old thread back in the RSOF that contained a list of all the player-submitted theories as to what use colored eggs would be. Some of the theories were actually quite realistic and exciting(one of the most popular was that the eggs represented gods), I only wish that thread was here today. I'm sure another egg thread is floating around the RSOF now, though.

Oh by the way, it's spelled "theories," not "theorys." :P

EDIT:

IÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢m back! And with several interesting theories and quotes proposed by both players and jagex. These might interest you:

A player submitted series of questions directed toward Posty Pete that made it into Postbag from the Hedge 11th edition:

Dear Posty Pete,

I have been completing slayer assignments and have currently got to level 27 slayer, I got ym new assignment to kill 27 skeletons, only problem is i got bored so i decided to do some wood chopping and fire lighting instead. I went to draynor by the lake and started to chop willow trees, even though my wood chopping level is 59, i just thought it would be an easy way to get my wood chopping level to 60 so i could cut yew trees. Any let's get to why i'm really sending this letter to you. When i was chopping willow trees, a birds nest dropped out, now i have had this happening to me alot but have never got what i got inside it this time. I searched the birds nest and got a strange looking bird's egg from it. Now uasally i would get something like a apple tree seed, a willow tree seed or some kind of jewlery, but no i got a blue coloured bird's egg. When i examined it, it said: A blue bird's egg. So then I asked people around me what they thought, they said that they had never heard or seen it before. So then i tryed to cook it but it then said, you can not cook this on a range or fire. I've tryed doing everything with it, but no one knows any one who has ever had this before, so please Posty Pete and all your freinds and runescapians, can you tell me what this blue bird's egg is for, what it really is and what it does or will do?

PeteÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s response:

I asked about for ages on this specific issue, and the only person who knew anything was ol' Farmer Fred from Lumbridge. HereÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s what he had to say (when he wasnÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t talking about ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãâ¦Ã¢â¬ÅThe ThingÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬ÃâÃ

dangsig.png

By popular demand, this signature is back- however I currently do not have a blog up at the moment and if I did I wouldn't update it. Sorry, the sig links to nowhere :( .

Here is the Chaos Elemental letter the quote above is refering to from Postbag from the Hedge edition 9:

In my house, cup of tea? Angry bow gets boost, she is reborn, the chosen one! Bubbles to my new home, flaky scalp. Cheese pie, mmmm. Triangle? Pyramid! ; PK me mum! Lunar eclipse brings us closer to them. The museum will close in 10 minutes, please make your way to the nearest age. Helping hand please. Illusion long dead, is they? Ferrets will find them. Hidden in the tree they were. Blue egg rises. Shhhh. Vyre warning, take a bite. Helm must be rejoined when the Gypsy gets a makeover. Hum uncle us. Mamma Mia, thatÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s a big basket! Mallum 12, Witchaven 0. For Shiver my quiver. Watching, forever watching the bones of the past. They will come for my bride! Bah bah barby have you any null? Stuff the chicken, stick the chompy. Comfy magnets. Yes mate yes mate 10 waves full. One for the ranger, one's never enough, and 2 for the little boy who collected all the stuff. Have you seen my arm?

Lmao at the bold part.

Anyways, birds' eggs will probaby eventually be good for something, and possibly something good, since we were aware of their existence so long. Then again, we knew hunter was coming for a long time, and a lot of people hate that....

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif

Here is the Chaos Elemental letter the quote above is refering to from Postbag from the Hedge edition 9:

In my house, cup of tea? Angry bow gets boost, she is reborn, the chosen one! Bubbles to my new home, flaky scalp. Cheese pie, mmmm. Triangle? Pyramid! ; PK me mum! Lunar eclipse brings us closer to them. The museum will close in 10 minutes, please make your way to the nearest age. Helping hand please. Illusion long dead, is they? Ferrets will find them. Hidden in the tree they were. Blue egg rises. Shhhh. Vyre warning, take a bite. Helm must be rejoined when the Gypsy gets a makeover. Hum uncle us. Mamma Mia, thatÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s a big basket! Mallum 12, Witchaven 0. For Shiver my quiver. Watching, forever watching the bones of the past. They will come for my bride! Bah bah barby have you any null? Stuff the chicken, stick the chompy. Comfy magnets. Yes mate yes mate 10 waves full. One for the ranger, one's never enough, and 2 for the little boy who collected all the stuff. Have you seen my arm?

Lmao at the bold part.

Anyways, birds' eggs will probaby eventually be good for something, and possibly something good, since we were aware of their existence so long. Then again, we knew hunter was coming for a long time, and a lot of people hate that....

Lmao For shiver my Quiver!

ANyway, I dropped my red egg, Im 90 woodcutting and ive only gotten one

sig.gif

-Since they are Blue, Green and Red they are Saradomin, Guthix and Zamarok eggs. I think sometime in the future, Jagex will remove them from bird's nest and make them tradeable, thus making them rare, since many rares re going out of the gae due to bannings, quitting, etc.

I think you are too obessed with the desire to have a rare. :shame:

Strangely with WotLK so near, I wished I could delay it a bit to push through that last TBC content in MH/BT :'(.

I don't think Jagex will make the eggs a usefull item now or later when it has gone 2 years since they added the eggs into the game.

But who knows what Jagex will do and not do?

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

Heh i get alot of eggs from Miscellania. Once tried to feed them to my hellcat...Nothing happenned <.<

So i just keep them in my bank waiting for Jagex to make them useful... Maybe it'll be pet birds....or something completely unexpected.... :-k

Also, i tried farming once and my potatoes died, put me off forever.

Shouldn't they have come from the colored hunter birds?

Maybe they'll take them back after a while like they did with life runes.

coenvg.png

Master of Firemaking since 10-11-2007 Yes, I QUIT! =]

Master of Woodcutting since Christmas 2007

Completed all quests - Completed all achievement diaries.

I'm sure most of us have been woodcutting one day and got a birds nest. Then suddenly, inside we discover none other than a coloured egg. It's untradeable and has no use, so some people throw it away. But i keep them. Here is my theory on these eggs (and please post yours)

oldest theory ever =D

Animaslayer.png

Dragon Drops: Platelegs x9, Med Helms x7, Plateskirts x4, Shield Left Half x3, At least 75+ Boots!, Hatchets x5, Ruined Shard x1, Solo Claws x2, Dragon 2Hander x1, Spear x2

Whip x27, Dark Bows x9, Draconic Visage x1

sweetol5.png <- do that when you see me :P

I think Jagex put things like eggs into the game that serve no purpose and wait for someone on the staff to come up with a clever idea, which could happen years later. Then, when the update comes out, they can claim they had been planning it for 2 or more years :XD:

(Same thing with the proboscis from Tai Bwo Wannai Cleanup, BTW)

I'll hang on to my eggs just in case; knowing my luck if I ever throw them away to clean up some bank space, Jagex will make use of them the very next week :P

keep collecting but jagex said they will never make any more rares.