Gielinor Tribune: 11th Edition (Oct. 29th)

unorclan

TGTsupsig.png

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

October 27th, 2007

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Gielinor Tribune is the oldest Player-made Runescape Newspaper on Tip.it (Tip.it Times does not count). We've been working hard since May 2007 (the first opening) to make the best RS Newspaper out there and to always keep our reader's expectations.

1. Gielinor Tribune News by Book(GT Manager)

2. Halloween Event & Other News by Randox

3. Armadyl Godsword; A Price Rollercoaster by Master_Smither

4. Blahing it Up! by Moneyman6369

5. The Exiles Part 1: Leaving the Guard by Andufus

6. ~Comic Contest~ by Dkw0101

7. 85 Mining, Time well Spent by Master_Smither

8. Why F2P Will Always Be There by Book(unorclan)

9. Interview of Peterpan538 by Old Ducky

10. Blah! by Firsttsurugi

11. Imponderables by Book(unorclan)

12. The Drunken Dwarf's Tip.iter Pick! by Yours Truly

13. Gielinor Tribune Accepting Guest Articles

14. Gielinor Tribune Staff List

~ Part One: Gielinor Tribune News by Book

Gielinor Tribune Welcomes Our Newest Staff Members!

Recently in the Help & Advice forum on Tip.it the GT has been recruiting new people to join the staff and help out in making the new edtions of the Gielinor Tribune. I'd now like to welcome...Old_Ducky (Interviewer), Deathlord552 (Critic), and Master_Smither (Marketplace Writer) to the Staff!!

I'd like to thank everyone else who took their time to apply and even if they didn't make it we hope you'll continue to read and enjoy the Gielinor Tribune.

- Book(Unorclan)

Gielinor Tribune Manager

~ Part Two: Halloween Event and Other News by Randox

I know, you all want to get right to the Halloween event. Well, I wonÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t hold you up for too long. I would first like to quickly visit LootShare which unlike the Halloween event (as good as it may be), will not be disappearing soon.

The LootShare is a well designed system for deciding who gets monster drops. It will only give you loot if you were close enough to the defeated monster, which means you have to stay where the action is. They also made sure that the system will try to give everyone something. They have not said if this system accounts for the values of the items, or if it just deals with all the same regardless of game or player value. I suspect it does not consider value, that would be quite complicated and the values of items can be very different between stores and what players trade them for. It does not apply to every world; this prevents clans from being able to hog all rewards in multiway combat. It should also be noted that this does not work for player killing, which is probably just as well. Player killing tends to involve valuables, and those should go to the person who contributed most to the kill.

And just before we get to Halloween, I would like to point out that Jagex has modified the Ring of Life so that once activated it will cure poison damage. This will prevent your ring from activating only to have you die from poison upon arrival. An excellent update and I donÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t think ANYONE has a good reason to complain about this. For once everyone really should be happy.

Ok, Halloween is almost upon us, and I expect many of you have already completed the holiday event. Anyways, as decided by the player polls, we all got to clean the Grim Reapers house this year. Yay.

Ok, I admit I had fun doing it, and I like his house. My chief complaint is that it was way too short. It took me about 9 minutes to complete, and for something I can only enjoy once, thatÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s not very long at all. I favour events that take a while (30 minutes is good), and can be re visited upon completion. IÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢m sure many of you remember the Easter where we got the Easter ring. While the quality of the reward is hotly debated, that was by far the best event they ever did in my mind. It took time, and I got to have fun hoping around as a bunny afterwards, the perfect event.

There is also a huge groan from many members about how we already have hoods up to ying-yang. Oddly enough, most of those hoods are part of a skill cape, and I doubt that many people have many of those. Also, there is something about the way it hides your face that I find really neat. Now if only it were actually black (not grey-black) so that it might match some of my clothes. I know the free players are for the most part ecstatic as this is now the only F2P hood in the game. I donÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t understand why people voted for the zombie hand emote; itÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s not really something thatÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s going to be used once Halloween is past. Ah well, you canÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t get everything.

My parting words to Jagex this edition is please make the Christmas event longer than this Halloween was, and make it revisit able. And great job on the Ring of Life.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

hipcb6.jpg

Honest1 Productions Events Team are always recruiting. Please stop in and check us out, and be part of a commuity dedicated to fun.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~ Part Three: Armadyl Godsword; A Price Rollercoaster by Master_Smither

28 August 2007 - God Wars Dungeon

This was possibly the biggest update of this year, bringing fame and fortune to those who were to master the ancient bosses that came with it. There was many new items released that day but I'm only going to touch upon the Armadyl Godsword (AGS).

The AGS is considered the best godsword, because of its special attack, (inflict 25% more damage). It could easily kill anyone in 2 hits. The Armadyl Hilt was a very rare drop due to the high level of the boss monster. So it went to a maximum of 80,000,000GP for that one rare hilt. Startled at the very high price even with its recent release the rich avoid paying so much for a "weapon". With the other Godswords prices at a mere 40,000,000-50,000,000GP they were much more affordable and appealing to the rich who didnÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t want to spend nearly double for a fairly untested item. As the Armadyl Boss finally got killable the price began to decrease to around 50,000,000GP. With it's recent but shot lived price reduction, the rich ran to the sellers and bought them up like people would buy rares at 1gp a piece. With the recent buying frenzy the sword was ready for combat testing. When the word of the massive 70+ damage it was dealing the prices again bounced back to 80,000,000GP. However, this time people bought them because it was worth the damage it dealt. With the demand rising rapidly and the supply staying relatively the same, the price continued to rise. Breaking the 100,000,000GP mark the AGS became THE more expensive Godsword. With its new found PKing potential, it rose even more until finally topping at 140,000,000GP. The AGS has gone from 80M to 50M and back to a whopping 140M GP in less than 2 weeks time after its release. The price seemed to rollercoaster all over the place fort this Godsword because of its special attack.

*All prices came from RSOF.

~ Part Four: Blahing it Up! by Moneyman6369

Section 1: Best Worlds to ChooseÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãâæ (Make a wise choice now, save time later!)

ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãââ World hopping for respawns like Addy ore? DonÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t always choose the least populated world; most likely thatÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s what all the other respawn people will be doing. Instead, choose a world a couple spaces upÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Ã

unorclanpixelsigzu1.png

Thanks to the amazing talent of Jopie211 for the sig!

Finest Fist of Guthix Strategy Guide

I read one article and stopped... do you guys even check for grammatical errors? At first I thought one or two had slipped through, but it looks like it hasn't been edited at all!

EDIT: Awesome interview though, gotta love Peter :P

I shall take my flock underneath my own wing, and kick them right the [bleep] out of the tree. If they were meant to fly, they won't break their necks on the concrete.
So, what is 1.111... equal to?

10/9.

Please don't continue.

wm1c2w.jpg

Ok, I've read the whole thing now, and only found one thing to debate on! :P

3. "F2P is a waste..." - so you think making loads of extra cash is a waste in the eyes of Jagex? Yeah, you heard me - EXTRA MONEY. It's called Advertisements!! F2P has to see those advertisements the entire time they play Runescape and those advertisers know that. That's why they pay Jagex to have a spot on Runescape.com to hopefully get some publicity. Jagex makes money off of Advertisements, if F2P is deleted they'll lose that money from the adverts or be forced to put them on the members servers - which they'll get plenty of complaints about that from all you members.

Well, they don't make extra money, they have said before they are just short of breaking even. You see, the F2P servers cost money too, and they cost just a tad bit more than the ads bring in. I do agree with your point about F2P making money though, as it brings in members. I also think it will always be there, just correcting that though.

I shall take my flock underneath my own wing, and kick them right the [bleep] out of the tree. If they were meant to fly, they won't break their necks on the concrete.
So, what is 1.111... equal to?

10/9.

Please don't continue.

wm1c2w.jpg

I had a problem with the part of the article I read.

DonÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t use the ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãâ¹ÃâChoose Best World for MeÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢ button unless you want to be surrounded by noobs asking for money. If you do make the mistake of doing so, at least donÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t go into Lumbridge at all costs!

Why do you think that tab is there? It is for those that do not have the best connection to connect to the server that is closest for them so they optimum speeds and a lesser chance at lagging. Not everyone has the same "Choose Best World for Me" button, it depends on where you are in the world. So if you think that is the "noob" world just for that reason, I am highly doubtful on that.

A reflection is just a distorted reality held by glass and your mind.

optimizedbrokenmirrorpn.jpg

(written by firsttsurugi) Runescape is already pushing Java to the limit.

No, it isn't. RuneScape has barely scratched the surface of Java's capabilities. Java, while not as powerful as C++, is a very useful language, and is more than capable of creating decent graphics. Same thing goes for last edition's comment about the Edgeville graphics.

As a matter of fact, I think RuneScape's current engine can handle horseback riding quite fine, albeit with some lag.

Ah, this reminds me about the noob on the Runescape forums who was upset with the quest "Cold War" because apparently his grandparents died in the war. :wall:

(written by firsttsurugi) Runescape is already pushing Java to the limit.

No, it isn't. RuneScape has barely scratched the surface of Java's capabilities. Java, while not as powerful as C++, is a very useful language, and is more than capable of creating decent graphics. Same thing goes for last edition's comment about the Edgeville graphics.

As a matter of fact, I think RuneScape's current engine can handle horseback riding quite fine, albeit with some lag.

Actualy there java engine is alredy strained. Anything that runs under the old system pushes that to its limits (think about the cut scene in the penguin agility course). They have alredy re worked the system to allow much greater detail, and I think if they push it much further, the people on dial-up are going to start seeing the reprecussions. I suppose yes you could rig Java to incredible heights of graphic detail, but no one on anything less than a T3 or maybe T1 is ever going to be able to use it.

And I will apoligise for the quality of editing in this edition. At least one of our editors is missing and teh remaining staff were pressed in terms of time, we will all do our best to ensure a higher standard of quality in all futur editions.

Ok, I've read the whole thing now, and only found one thing to debate on! :P

3. "F2P is a waste..." - so you think making loads of extra cash is a waste in the eyes of Jagex? Yeah, you heard me - EXTRA MONEY. It's called Advertisements!! F2P has to see those advertisements the entire time they play Runescape and those advertisers know that. That's why they pay Jagex to have a spot on Runescape.com to hopefully get some publicity. Jagex makes money off of Advertisements, if F2P is deleted they'll lose that money from the adverts or be forced to put them on the members servers - which they'll get plenty of complaints about that from all you members.

Well, they don't make extra money, they have said before they are just short of breaking even. You see, the F2P servers cost money too, and they cost just a tad bit more than the ads bring in. I do agree with your point about F2P making money though, as it brings in members. I also think it will always be there, just correcting that though.

I think they said most of the time they break even, but what they lose they probably make up for from the amount of f2pers becoming members.

On topic:

good issue, i love part 11 lol.

soldersig.jpg

Great read, as always!!! :D

More power to you blokes~ :thumbsup:

POG3.jpg

Pretty much what Dragon said.

Thread terminated.

I guess that means I'm the thread Terminator?

No Tip.Iters were harmed in the making of this post.

Thanks to all those who complimented us. Personally, I think one of our editors has yet to discover Microsoft Word, but other than that, I think this edition was VERY good. Don't forget to participate in the Comics Contest, should you decide towards it.

?r=191108

image.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.png

Currently will be using my Oni Tsurugi account to attempt to get 99 on all free skills without spending any gp, just for the sake of doing so.

I can say I agree and disagree with getting 85 Mining.

I am an 85 miner. I can say that with 50 RC, you make close to the same amount of money as with 85 mining. (Nats via abyss with 3 pouches.) But I can also say that 85 is well worth it, IF you know what to do.

In the article, only the Hero's Guild and Wilderness Mines were discussed. I can say neither is a good place. (Once I was mining at Heros and 7 miners all logged into W6 when it was open.) I can say neither is particularly good.

My mine of preference is Fremmy Isles. It is near empty almost always and people usually only go there to Superheat ore since there are 7 coal rocks right next to the vein. This slows them down a lot while the Mine-and-banker can get a load in one hour (300k+, which is the max crafting nats, with no death risk). The ONLY drawbacks are the fact that there is only 1 rock, and there are trolls near the mine you must run past. However, with Initaite, Fremmy Round Shield, and melee prayer, they are neglectable.

The Light Temple is also supposed to be good, but no first-hand knowledge there.

But the location is not everything! While I was mining, I noticed world selection plays a MAJOR role. Here's how I do it:

Select world, usually one in the middle, top, or bottom of a column on the in-game world select page when Members (or Non-members) worlds only are shown to the left.

If there is ore, mine it, go 1 world up or down.

Repeat if that world has ore, go in the same direction.

Once you run into a world with no ore, return to the world you first chose and go the opposite direction.

Follow that "vein"

Once you follow both ends till they are dry, select a new random world.

What I also do is find world "plateaus". I look for a world or set of worlds that has a high population comparied to the world "valleys" around it. I start from the top one and work my way down. The ore here respawns quicker. Once I mine the plateau dry, I find a new one. I usually check one world above or below the plateau for ore, if it's there, I use the above method.

It takes about a minute to mine 1 ore, that's including the time it takes to world hop. Technically, you can mine 2 loads per hour if you are very lucky.

Just a few comments. Great issue guys, nice work.

I hope people enjoy it especially my first article written 8-)

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

I read one article and stopped... do you guys even check for grammatical errors? At first I thought one or two had slipped through, but it looks like it hasn't been edited at all!

EDIT: Awesome interview though, gotta love Peter :P

Hey I would love to know where some of the errors were so I can correct thos problems in the future. If you could PM them to me I would appricate that.

I am curious about that as well, Wild Goat 14, if it is not to bothersome, can you please send me a pm stating the same things.
I think you should leave it to the GT Admins.

~ HYT Chat Rules (Click Here): Read before entering the chat. ~

dztf80.jpg

| Former Clan Chronicle Editor | Former Clan Improvement Member| Former TET Member |