Is the Wii worth it?

MoeSzyslak

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

erkid"]Super Mario Galaxy is as good as your imagening. I'm addicted to it at the moment.

Awesome, i've heard a lot of folks say that. I really enjoyed 64 and Sunshine (despite the :wall: -type sprite missions and poor camera) so I doubt i'll be let down. I'll probably request Zelda: TP and Mario Galaxy with the Wii... thanks everyone for helping me wanna start anticipating December 25th :) :x

sig3bh7.png

One more thing... any lefties here with a WII? I'm lefty in basically everything and would this give me any trouble using the wiimote?

In fact, the Wii is the one of the very few (if not the only one) that allows the player to be left-handed with no disadvantage. What are you waiting for?

This signature is intentionally left blank.

Don't worry, I've tried the Wii controller. There's this main controller which looks kinda like your typical TV remote. It has all the buttons a game boy has. For more... advanced gameplay, you'll have to connect another stick with a analog to the main remote. It's not what you see on TV where the guy moves around, you just swing the stick standing where you are. No leg movements needed.

Overall, i think it's a pretty good console. I haven't found anything wrong with it. I'd prefer it over the PS3 but I still like Xbox more.

drapit.png

One more thing... any lefties here with a WII? I'm lefty in basically everything and would this give me any trouble using the wiimote?
I'm a lefty and it's strange...

If the nunchuck and Wiimote are in use at the same time, the nunchuck is in my left hand, if it's just the Wiimote (like for bowling, baseball, golf, etc) then i use my left.

YES! Mainly because of the great amount of quality titles out and coming out. Legend of Zelda: TP, Mario Galaxy, Metroid Prime (>Halo tbh) and Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

What are you waiting for? \'

Christmas :x

sig3bh7.png

back in my day we didn't openly discuss playing with our wii in public

the only thing stopping me from getting one right now is the amount of games for it. i tried playing once and found the control a little awkward to use, but i think it just takes practice. i remember when nintendo tried doing something similar with the game glove, but it didn't really work very well. looks like technology is starting to catch up with what nintendo had envisioned for their games.

rssig2.png

No, the other consoles all have so much better games. The Wii has like 5 good games? The graphics of the Wii are way lower than the other consoles. The 360 and PS3 both have way more decent games. Most people I know who brought the Wii were disappointed and sold it on to buy another console (usually the 360) I would suggest you go for a 360 if you're a casual gamer. The only thing that sets the Wii from the rest is the controller and I don't really find it that special.

Before someone complains, I have played all three consoles and I would say the 360 is the best (price & quality)

sig5235ro7.jpg

I would suggest you go for a 360 if you're a casual gamer.

How so? Both Microsoft and Sony do not cater to casual gamers. the 360 costs approx. $399, the ps3 is approx. $399 (Might as well go with the 40gb hd). The wii on the other hand is about $270 for a third Gen. console! Although I can agree that the games/graphics are better on the ps3/360, that is from a hardcore gamer's POV. If I'm not mistaken, Nintendo has ALWAYS catered the casual gamer (Always had low costing games/consoles). The wii does not have the huge games, the amazing graphics because it does cater to the casual gamer, unlike the 360/ps3 which cost more for better graphics and games, hence not for the casual gamer.

It's fine if you like the 360 and ps3 more then the wii. It's fine if you say they have superior graphics to the wii and better games. But in no way do they cater to casual gamers.

mergedliongr0xe9.gif

Sig by Ikurai

Your Guide to Posting! Behave or I will send my Moose mounted Beaver launchers at you!

No, the other consoles all have so much better games. The Wii has like 5 good games? The graphics of the Wii are way lower than the other consoles. The 360 and PS3 both have way more decent games. Most people I know who brought the Wii were disappointed and sold it on to buy another console (usually the 360) I would suggest you go for a 360 if you're a casual gamer. The only thing that sets the Wii from the rest is the controller and I don't really find it that special.

Before someone complains, I have played all three consoles and I would say the 360 is the best (price & quality)

The price for a 360 is too high for what it contains.

The wii has more than 5 good games.

The 360 isn't the only console with good games.

If you are a casual gamer then ANY console would do because you buy a console for games and each system has that. So the PS3/360 are NOT just for hardcore gamers.

(1)The price for a 360 is too high for what it contains.

(2)The wii has more than 5 good games.

(3)The 360 isn't the only console with good games.

(4)If you are a casual gamer then ANY console would do because you buy a console for games and each system has that. So the PS3/360 are NOT just for hardcore gamers.

(1)The price for a 360 is fine, it has great graphics and has a lot of good games for it... It's not under priced but it sure isn't overpriced...

(2) Ok maybe more than 5, but can you name 10 good Wii games that are out at the time of this post, a maximum of one Mario title.

(3)I didn't say it was the only console with good games?

(4)Again, I didn't say the PS3 and 360 aren't just for hardcore games? Where are you getting this from?

sig5235ro7.jpg

(4)If you are a casual gamer then ANY console would do because you buy a console for games and each system has that. So the PS3/360 are NOT just for hardcore gamers.

(1)The price for a 360 is fine, it has great graphics and has a lot of good games for it... It's not under priced but it sure isn't overpriced...

(2) Ok maybe more than 5, but can you name 10 good Wii games that are out at the time of this post, a maximum of one Mario title.

(4)Again, I didn't say the PS3 and 360 aren't just for hardcore games? Where are you getting this from?

Only one thing iam going to say...

THE WII IS SELLING A LOT MORE THAN THE PS3 AND 360.

I can't name wii games because i know nothing about them and i don't have a wii, well at least not yet.

Only one thing iam going to say...

THE WII IS SELLING A LOT MORE THAN THE PS3 AND 360.

I can't name wii games because i know nothing about them and i don't have a wii, well at least not yet.

Omg not this again.

ZOMG. If you get the wii, get Metroid Prime 3 corruption. It is AMAZING so far that I've played. It is basically a FPS version of Zelda because It requires you to clear areas (much like temples in Zelda) by getting through obstaclesv and killing monsters/boss. Definitely awesome.

And a helluva lot better then Halo

mergedliongr0xe9.gif

Sig by Ikurai

Your Guide to Posting! Behave or I will send my Moose mounted Beaver launchers at you!

Personally I think the Wii is for younger kids.... But there are going to be some awesome games like "No more heros" & smash bros & mario galaxy.A few must have games for the wii, Zelda twilight princess,metroid prime 3,and wii sports.

(bleep) All haters I see, Cause I hate that you breath, I see you duck you little punk you lil freakin disease.

Personally I think the Wii is for younger kids.... But there are going to be some awesome games like "No more heros" & smash bros & mario galaxy.A few must have games for the wii, Zelda twilight princess,metroid prime 3,and wii sports.

Not necessarily for younger kids.

I mean am dying to get one of those.

I will.

1. Legend Of Zelda Twilight Princess

2. Metroid Prime 3: Corruption

3. Resident Evil: Umbrella Chornicles

4. Wii Sports

5. Zack & Wiki Quest for Barbaros Treasure (sp?)

6. Super Mario Galaxy (theres my one mario one.)

7. WarioWare: Smooth Moves

8. Battalion Wars 2

9. Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn

10. Trauma Center: Second Opinion

11. Elebits

12. SSX Blur

13. The Godfather: Blackhand Edition

Their just some. Little more than 10 sorry.

Costantino.png

I will.

1. Legend Of Zelda Twilight Princess

2. Metroid Prime 3: Corruption

3. Resident Evil: Umbrella Chornicles

4. Wii Sports

5. Zack & Wiki Quest for Barbaros Treasure (sp?)

6. Super Mario Galaxy (theres my one mario one.)

7. WarioWare: Smooth Moves

8. Battalion Wars 2

9. Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn

10. Trauma Center: Second Opinion

11. Elebits

12. SSX Blur

13. The Godfather: Blackhand Edition

Their just some. Little more than 10 sorry.

14. Smackdown vs Raw 2008, dang you'll have a helluva gameplay if you play that on Wii, though the graphics aint good

00:00:05

00:00:04

00:00:03

00:00:02

00:00:01

00:00:00

Break the Walls down!

My mom really never wanted us to get video games, and all of our computer games (other than online) were educational. Then my dad started using MyCokeRewards. We went for the Wii. We got it. It is very fun to be active while staring at a still screen :D

Go ahead and put it on your list. But make sure you get it fast, apparently they're really popular right now.

[/choppy sentences]

/FG/First thread post to when I joined the family.

VR48f.jpg

[hide=Insert rant here]blahblahblahLIFE[/hide]

img