Are you addicted to runescape?

slickmovedud

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For ppl who r addicted probably have no friend or social life (no offense) I mean look at it. Ur playing 2-3 hours a day. For the year that is 912.5hours on average. That is a lot!!! And to be dreaming about it is really insane (u might want to go to an assylum)

I only play like 30min a day at most. School is from 8 to 3pm. 3 hours is rs

that is 6pm. U eat dinner. 6:30. Do homework 8. Watch tv or more rs 10

Go to sleep. That is wrong!!!

mine: School 8-3 hang out with friends play sports/ in winter go to gym 7pm HW 8-9 rs go to sleep

THere r other things in life than playing a virtual game. Wat i do in game is have fun like fite in wild and pwn ppl. Wat obbsessed ppl do is click on ore until level 99! Its not fun doing this. 90% quit when they get level 70. Ppl who get 99 show off but in the inside regret it. I just fite in wild to have fun. Games r about fun. Id rather play other games if it was only having to click on an ore or do a skill.

How about you spend some of that time taking some grammar lessons and learning how to type correctly. Secondly, please don't speak unless you know what you're talking about. People can have fun in a way that's different to the way you have fun, also some of us don't have 9 o'clock bed times like you appear to. Now, just because you're a pre-teen (or early teen) doesn't mean we all are, personally I'm at university every day of the week, averaging about 4 hours a day of lectures and another couple of hours doing work at university. When I get home I spend another few hours each night doing work, I spend a few hours "hanging out" with my flatmates and other friends, yet I'd still have time for a few hours of Runescape each day easily, I could probably do some of my work while playing Runescape, it requires that little attention at times.

I personally have 3 99s, and am about a week or two away from my 4th, I'm not tired of the game, I don't regret getting those 99s.

I belive I could say I'm addicted, although, that isn't some big problem to me.

When I see that something is going wrong because of it, I can easly say "Ill stop!" and, well, quit.

Was addicted to many things, everything ended when I saw what is it doing with me and/or my life.

So yeah, I'm addicted. I can stop playing whenever I want, though.

Due to excessive feedback we have decided to raise the maximum amount one may stake to 5,000 coins, keeping people who prefer the arena the way it was before the update satisfied!

I'm not addicted to RS at all. It's just my hobby :)

I play pro football, on my last year at college, I have many friends, a girlfriend and I get to parties often.

But relaxing sparetime = RuneScape :)

99 ranged | 99 magic | 99 defence | 99 hitpoints

Remember, it's just a game

Feel free to add me on RS. :) Always ready for a chat.

I used to be very addicted to Runescape. When I get come back home at school, I'll turn on the computer and start playing. I guess it's because of the goals that I made. I really don't like putting behind what I already started, and that applies in real life too. I still go out with friends and have quality time. But then school got harder because I was taking AP/IB classes so I eventually had to quit (2 years)..but I already achieved my goal. :lol:

Oh yeah...thanks to Runescape I learned to write using left and right hands.

Stringing magic long bows using right hand, while left hand is doing homework. I guess my brain was split in half too. :lol:

me addicted to rs :XD: not at all*start to scratch my arm and begin to shivers* im not addicted at all*runs of to play rs for 20 hours straight*

well:

HELL YEAH RS FTW!!!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

My private chat is always ON.

Winner of The Tip.It Teamcape Outfit Contest!

6 years. 1 dragon CS drop and some barrows, bad luck?

99melee.jpg

yes, but id gladly wean myself off if i had something else to do

stupid forums lost my dragon count , well atleast i know i got a d chain from a dusty!

99 Fletch, Late 06

99 Mage, late 07

99 Strength, 29th June 08

99 Hitpoints, 21st August 08

130/138 cmb

sooo close

I play pro football, on my last year at college, I have many friends, a girlfriend and I get to parties often.

basically what you're saying is that in your spare time you play runescape, so in my opinion you're addicted

Definition of Addiction

A physiological and psychological compulsion for a habit-forming substance. In extreme cases, an addiction may become an overwhelming obsession.

It's all a matter of opinion if someone is addicted or not. I go to school, go to work, play runescape, sleep. I go out on Friday night, get drunk, crash at a friends house, hang out there all saturday/goto the gym and then go home on Sunday, at which I spend pretty much the whole day doing coursework and playing runescape. Am I addicted? Yes. Am I ashamed? No. Do I let it ruin my life? No. I don't care whether I have a social life or not, I'm not really a social life kinda guy. I go out with my friends, I goto concerts, I play runescape.

I'm happy.

Runescape player since 6th November, 2003

pen_chef.png

pen_chef.png

flubbersig.jpg

basically what you're saying is that in your spare time you play runescape, so in my opinion you're addicted

No, you are only addicted when you play Runescape in your 'not-sparetime'. I define addiction when you play Runescape in the way of more important activities. If you play Runescape during all of your spare time, you still are not addicted, but you are on the borderline, so be careful not to let your time playing push into more important things.

The only issue is when you are generating spare time for Runescape (eg you are unemployed because of RS). But then it is not really spare time. You are then addicted. You should be going out, perhaps get a job or a hobby or something, simply to then order what really is your spare time (3-4 hours a day is ideal) and what isn't.

I'm pretty sure that I'm not addicted. I've given up temporarily, because I have studies and thus practically no spare time.

The definition of addiction is very ambiguous, but I simply follow my own definition, whether it is completely true or not.

Besides, I enjoy what I want to enjoy, and RS isn't the only thing that I enjoy.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

No, you are only addicted when you play Runescape in your 'not-sparetime'. I define addiction when you play Runescape in the way of more important activities. If you play Runescape during all of your spare time, you still are not addicted, but you are on the borderline, so be careful not to let your time playing push into more important things.

The only issue is when you are generating spare time for Runescape (eg you are unemployed because of RS). But then it is not really spare time. You are then addicted. You should be going out, perhaps get a job or a hobby or something, simply to then order what really is your spare time (3-4 hours a day is ideal) and what isn't.

I'm pretty sure that I'm not addicted. I've given up temporarily, because I have studies and thus practically no spare time.

The definition of addiction is very ambiguous, but I simply follow my own definition, whether it is completely true or not.

Besides, I enjoy what I want to enjoy, and RS isn't the only thing that I enjoy.

no if all u do in ur spare time is play rs than u are addicted

ugh i'm so sick of people making these "addiction" threads. For some reason the creators of these threads think that everyone is addicted to rs and forget that people play it for fun.

I mean come on now, can't you just give it up and let the people play the game how they choose? i'm pretty sure most people can tell when theyre addicted, and also, why do you care?

Last but not least, you cannot define addiction as "oh if you play X hours a day your addicted." you cannot decide when addiction occurs for anyone but yourself.

ugh i'm so sick of people making these "addiction" threads. For some reason the creators of these threads think that everyone is addicted to rs and forget that people play it for fun.

I mean come on now, can't you just give it up and let the people play the game how they choose? i'm pretty sure most people can tell when theyre addicted, and also, why do you care?

Last but not least, you cannot define addiction as "oh if you play X hours a day your addicted." you cannot decide when addiction occurs for anyone but yourself.

I never said that if u play x hours a day u addicted. I i think i'm allwoed to be curiouse don't u? And if u sick of ppl creating these threads then don't look at them.........

I used to dream RS, so its safe to say I was in an addiction.

Not anymore and haven't been for hmm 4 years or so.

Yeah, this is quite sad to admit but when I was addicted to this game about 4-5 years ago, I had some stupid dreams like walking in the dwarven mines and picking up unreleased items like adamantite square shields, etc... And actually logged in after I woke up to see if was real :oops:

Back then, though, games that were fully MMORPG (and not just online-playable RPG's like Diablo which could be only played by about 8 people at the same time) were brand new, tons of people got hooked on them, including me...

erkid"]I always thought I was addicted to RuneScape.. until I quit without a problem. Then I realized I just have nothing to do.

yeah that would happean to most ppl if they quit rs.

Not really. I quit, and I still can't get enough free time because of studies/homework/coursework...

At the moment, I feel my head is going to explode with stuff to do.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

Was addicted until my original ID was hacked (was lvl 30 something) a long long time ago (around the time rune was new)

Became re-addicted again playing way way way too much, then left again.

Got addicted again in May when i decided to get member.s since I missed quests).

I haven't stopped playing since :uhh:

At least I maintained my overall average at 89 :thumbsup:

spidereatmoon.jpg

Long Live RSC!

erkid"]I always thought I was addicted to RuneScape.. until I quit without a problem. Then I realized I just have nothing to do.

Exactly how it went for me!

yeah that happeaned to me when my parents banned me from net for a reason that will remain unknown, i the realized that i just like to play rs.