Are you addicted to runescape?

slickmovedud

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

n64jive those are some really mature insightful comments you made.

when reading about this topic, i thought of some things.

the nature vs nurture argument. how someone is affected by the things they do and experience (nurture), or rather whether more weight should be given to the fact that they are drawn to those things and experiences by their already established personality (nature).

of the two, which decides what the outcome will be? the person's personality or their behaviours? does one influence or affect the other? if someone's behaviour is harmful, yet they continue despite it causing harm that's bad...

the question is which characteristic is more consequential? the individual's personality or their behaviour leading up to a negative consequence? would the same behaviour in another person lead up to the same or similar negative consequence? or is the negative consequence a result of behaviours based on a common personality? :-s

[hide=-this is my signature- guides i've written]full list is at the top of <!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?f=180&t=775754">viewtopic.php?f=180&t=775754</a><!-- l -->[/hide]

Let's rephrase this dream concept again. What i mean to say is this:

However, If people are having dreams of runescape on a quite regular basis this does show that their mind does very little more then think about, read, process, etc etc runescape every day.
Happy??? :wink:

Let's rephrase this dream concept again. What i mean to say is this:
However' date=' If people are having dreams of runescape on a quite regular basis this does show that their mind does very little more then think about, read, process, etc etc runescape every day.[/quote'] Happy??? :wink:

Ideed. You did say "a dream" though. :P

Considering that I haven't been on runescape since monday and this is one of the first times I've thought about it... No. I always Make a specific time to get off so I can do homework and what not.

Pheonix Elite- obsessing 1 RS member at a time.

Narutosig75-1.jpg

Thanks Harrinator1 for the sig!

From what i can tell runescape is kind of like drugs or cigerattes. Once you have a bit, you can't stop it.

True to some extent. Moreover, it is harmful psychologically.

Anyway, according to the question of the thread, It isn't that addictive (in my opinion), but it attracts people to play it and would never leave it again.

Kind Regards

*Started Runescape in 1st of August 2005*.

Sweetfruits89.jpeg

Dreaming about something doesn't mean you are addicted to it, it usually means you think alot about it or are excited by it. If someone has worked for a long time to reach a hard goal in Runescape or in any other game there's a good chance they dream about it.

Whenever I set a goal I'll start playing too much.

For example, right now I have a goal of 99 attack and I'm playing an upwards of 4 hours a day. Once I finish whatever goal I have I'll relax for awhile. After awhile I'll make a new goal and the cycle continues.

I do play too much, but I have fun doing so.

boeing2os2.png

ive been laying rs for awhile now and i never got addicted to it, i dreamed about occasionally. First time was when i found out my old pastor played RS. That was pretty funny. I made Bob back in 2004 since my main was hacked. Sad part is my old main occasionally gets on. But i dont mind anymore since i past him in level. :-w

whitedragonhidepm9.png

I just came back from a long break. Back on bob.

For ppl who r addicted probably have no friend or social life (no offense) I mean look at it. Ur playing 2-3 hours a day. For the year that is 912.5hours on average. That is a lot!!! And to be dreaming about it is really insane (u might want to go to an assylum)

I only play like 30min a day at most. School is from 8 to 3pm. 3 hours is rs

that is 6pm. U eat dinner. 6:30. Do homework 8. Watch tv or more rs 10

Go to sleep. That is wrong!!!

mine: School 8-3 hang out with friends play sports/ in winter go to gym 7pm HW 8-9 rs go to sleep

THere r other things in life than playing a virtual game. Wat i do in game is have fun like fite in wild and pwn ppl. Wat obbsessed ppl do is click on ore until level 99! Its not fun doing this. 90% quit when they get level 70. Ppl who get 99 show off but in the inside regret it. I just fite in wild to have fun. Games r about fun. Id rather play other games if it was only having to click on an ore or do a skill.

Yeah, I'm probably addicted. But as long as it dosen't cut into my school work, social life, ect., I have no plans on quitting anytime soon. It wouldn't matter anyway. If I quit RS I'd get sucked into another game. I just like video games, and so do my friends. Whenever they come over that's all we're doing; playing Halo, Star Wars Battlefront, Warhawk ect...

For ppl who r addicted probably have no friend or social life (no offense) I mean look at it. Ur playing 2-3 hours a day. For the year that is 912.5hours on average. That is a lot!!! And to be dreaming about it is really insane (u might want to go to an assylum)

I only play like 30min a day at most. School is from 8 to 3pm. 3 hours is rs

that is 6pm. U eat dinner. 6:30. Do homework 8. Watch tv or more rs 10

Go to sleep. That is wrong!!!

And there are 8760 hours in a year, you are only using 1/9 of it for rs. Just because you play so "amazingly" little doesn't give you a right to stereotype other players. People play games because they have nothing to do, and playing games for 2-3hours when you are bored means you have no social life? :roll:

Strangely with WotLK so near, I wished I could delay it a bit to push through that last TBC content in MH/BT :'(.