Are you addicted to runescape?

slickmovedud

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The dream bit is not accurate. Dreams simply mirror things that interest you in life. They have no relation to addiction.

Also, here is a quote to think about:

"Time you enjoy wasting, was not wasted" -- John Lennon

sigraniiixx.gifEye-X.gif

blg.giff2p.giftfsn.gif

[spoiler=Stats:]Updated December 22, 2011:

Total level - 1442 - 170M+ XP , Combat level - 115

Combat skills: Attack - 90, Defence - 99 (24.45m+ XP), Strength - 90, Constitution - 99 (16.42M+ XP) Ranged - 99 (13.32M+ XP), Prayer - 60, Magic - 99 (13.25M+ XP)

Non-Combat skills: Cooking - 99 (13.80M+ XP), Woodcutting - 99 (31.95M+ XP), Fishing - 90, Firemaking - 99 (24.82M+), Crafting - 90, Smithing - 90, Mining - 85, Runecrafting - 60, Dungeoneering - 85

I don't know if I'm heavily addicted or not. I think I might be mildly addicted lol.

I often want to reach a specific target or goal, and I occassionally stay up later than I normally would to hit the target.

Jagex recently said that the average hours played by their paying members is 22 hours per week. That's 3 hours per day.... Based on that statistic, I recon it's fair to say that the majority of members are addicted lol.

Harrington.gif

erkid"]I always thought I was addicted to RuneScape.. until I quit without a problem. Then I realized I just have nothing to do.

Exactly how it went for me!

Yep, same thing with me lol. i use it as medicne for boredism rs still seems boring though..

Epee-Signature-2.png

I used to be addicted to RS, but once my parents grounded me for like two years because of "bad" grades on the NYC standardized tests (even though I still got the highest grade possible #-o).

That kind of sobered me up a lot.

(Now, I'm addicted to TIF and Mechscape forums.

I used to be really addicted to it in high school. School was really easy (90-95s without much studying) so I had way too much time and so I constantly played RS. Just this summer, I spent a good 12+ hours a day on RS. Now that I started university, I don't have as much time for RS, so I rarely ever go on (usually just to mine coal for MTK), although I still spend way too much time on RS-related forums :-k

I guess that as you get older, your priorities change. Now that I look back at it, RS was a complete waste of my life. There are so many better things you can spend your free time on.

erkid"]I always thought I was addicted to RuneScape.. until I quit without a problem. Then I realized I just have nothing to do.

Exactly how it went for me!

Yep, same thing with me lol. i use it as medicne for boredism rs still seems boring though..

That usually means that RS has already killed your social life, so instead of spending time with friends or studying, whatever, you play RS and aren't even aware how addicted you really are.

i personally used to be addicted to runescape, on my goal of 99 firemaking, my parents noticed what it was doing to my life, and they forced me to quit for a month, i still snuck on and stuff, but that was one of the best things that happened to me, and when i came back from this summer i haven't played for more than an hour at one sitting and now that soccer season has started i barely play 2 hours a week.

Tip: take a break from runescape, truely think about it, its a waste of time to be addicted to it. pick up guitar or something else, or just quit for a few weeks and come back, the desire to play is rarely there and even when you do play you get bored.

blink182_f55.png

99/99 fming! 1850th to 99 firemaking 4,27,07

...runescape is kind of like drugs or cigerattes.

drugs and cig's are essentially the same thing <.<

Hyt Chat FOREVER

Killy_Da_Kid.png

Killy_Da_Kid.png

I have quit RuneScape. I have posted on the Leaving sticky saying so. Goodbye.

"Too late... my time has come... gotta leave you all behind and face the truth."

~ Freddie Mercury ~

Guest Armagedon46disabled

i wouldnt say im addicted i goto my gf most day's goto gym i just train wisely alot of people will say yea right buts its true, when im home i usualy play instead of tv and i have insomnia so i sleep for about 2 and half hours a night and i play rs alot then, other then that during the day i goto school, gf, work, friends, work out and i just play when im at home lol

Most time spent in this society is 'pointless' and if many people cut down on their RS time they would find nothing to do. I guess I am addicted to Runescape because thats all I do in my spare time (unless I'm invited somewhere or my parents take me somewhere.) I don't play other video games at all really. Some may consider it addiction some may just consider it a time killer.

And as for people saying if you dream about Runescape you are obsessed, your right your are not at all if its not a constant thing. I may dream about a movie I saw once a few nights thorughout the year, doesn't mean I am obsessed.

Costantino.png

Most time spent in this society is 'pointless' and if many people cut down on their RS time they would find nothing to do. I guess I am addicted to Runescape because thats all I do in my spare time (unless I'm invited somewhere or my parents take me somewhere.) I don't play other video games at all really. Some may consider it addiction some may just consider it a time killer.

And as for people saying if you dream about Runescape you are obsessed, your right your are not at all if its not a constant thing. I may dream about a movie I saw once a few nights thorughout the year, doesn't mean I am obsessed.

yes, i another supporter. and good point about how rs is a time killer. But if you play it a lot, it can be a time killer and and addiction.

I have alwa wondered if people argue that RS is addictive because it can definatly produce mental withdrawl symptoms (most of which involve daydreaming, longing, and/or actual dreaming)? Or dose anyone know of it producing actual physical withdrawl symptoms (woudl be kinda scarry :ohnoes: )?

I suppose that if marijuanna is addictive (as a synonom for habit forming) despite its lack of significant physical dependency, than RS could probably be addictive too.

I still prefer habit forming for RS as opposed to addictive, simply because you cant become physicly dependant on a video game (although sever mental withdrwls such as those marijuanna can cause will simulate physical withdrawl in a persons mind). Your mind can become accustomed to certain actions (such as those in a video game) and may react badly in prolonged absence of those actions/neural patterns.

I used to be a big time player, spending most of my day on RS, always talking about it, not so much any more though, its kinda slowed down a bit, I don't think about playing RS so much, and focus more on school and friends.

99 Fletching 99 Attack 99 Constitution 99 Cooking 99 Strength

Gamertag: H8tebringer

h8tebringer-siggy-bloodskull-1.jpg

Well, I used to play like 6 hours a day since I had nothing to do, but man when my dad said 'wanna go to the movies' I was like already dressed up :XD:

So, im have never been addicted since every time I have the opportunity to go out, I do it, so....those 6 hours a day are 'cause I got nothing else to do :XD:

_p3_minato_arisato_signature__by_x0sandylicious0x-d3hnk6v.png