��â�š���¥��â�š���¤Jagex, Copy and Paste?��â�š���¤��â�š���

Chippy_PK

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What is with you and the thread length obsession kid?

Anyway, I wouldn't know anything about automated responses, because I've never been in a situtation where I had to correspond with Jagex :wink: .

p2gq.jpg

How do you even send a query to jagex? :oops:

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif

Yeah, I even got an automated response for a ban appeal. Now I have a blackmark I don't deserve.

And like everyone else you were unrightfully banned and a victim of jagex's "oh so inadequate" customer service..

:roll:

if i were jagex I wouldnt even have customer service after 1 week of opening mails from runescape kids

after all, if they dont know how to play, much less argue for their case (just read half the whines about being banned on these forums) why shouldn't they be treated accordingly?

Because we pay them :ohnoes:

I got my blackmark from saying "I bought this hat" in varrock square. They counted it as account sharing. That's what the evidence says. Is that fair?

That is most certainly not fair my good man.

But back on topic, I've only sent in one question right after I had started. When I was still free to play. Undoubtedly, it was cut and paste but I can't remember.

If the CORPORAL beast is this hard, imagine how hard a GENERAL or COLONEL beast would be. a corporal is not even an admirable rank in armies that use that ranking system.

Yeah, it is a pking minigame, so any arguments anybody makes will probably be biased.

The best way this will end :Everybody just says,"I'm not arguing with you anymore, goodbye."

The worst way this will end: I don't really know, psychological warfare? Worldwide thermonuclear war? Pie eating contest?

Let's be realistic folks. ALL customer service departments use form letters and templates. Since most queries fall into a small number of standard categories, this greatly cuts down on the amount of time wasted typing the same things over again.

If CS didn't use templates it would be even worse than it is.

The trick is knowing when and how to use them. There's nothing wrong with them sending a stock answer to a standard question. The problem is when, say, someone gets banned for something that wasn't against the rules, and when they complain they get "we have conclusive evidence you were in control of your account" -- which is irrelevant.

Qeltar, aka Charles Kozierok

Webmaster, RuneScoop - Premium RuneScape Information for Expert Players -- Now Free!

Featuring the Ultimate Guide to Dungeoneering -- everything you need to know to get the most of the new skill!

signew2.png

I'm not convinced that the responses are automated since if that were true, I wouldn't have to wait over a day for the reply.

I tend to find that the main body of the reply appears to have been created by a genuine staff member, with the template at the end advising that I should visit the KB for future information.

I also find that most replies are unecessarily cryptic and don't directly answer the question, but since most of my questions are very direct, I'm sure it's just Jagex way of answering me without giving out too much information.

Harrington.gif

They do, they read your message and copy and paste, or use something to do it (pretty much the same thing) and sends you an already written out message, they even said they do it, and I don't blame 'em, if they wrote original messages, they'd either have to hire more staff, which would result in losing more money then they would if they just lsoe a few players because of it, or they have their current staff type all the messages, resulting in what, like half a year waiting over a single blackmark appeal?

Doomy edit: I like sheep

I just received a personalized message from Mod Craddock regarding RSC forum access. I was quite amazed, I must admit. He even apologized for auto-responding to my first message.

wow r u serious he really admited it?

chippypktry2.png

Member of 100+ Korrupted Fury

only time iw had a auto reply was when i subscribed to members, but when i was a new member i 2 times askt where i would fin slayer monsters, this was a long time ago when i didn't know tipit, and those messages surtenly wernt auto sent got them only 10mins after sending, so i think it all works prity well ::'

att least its faster than my virus scaners costumer servis =P~

After reading your post, I would've sent you an auto reply too.

MarkNoZeros.png

And shepherds we shall be, for Thee, my Lord, for Thee.

Power hath descended forth from Thy hand,

that our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command.

So we shall flow a river forth to Thee,

and teeming with souls shall it ever be.

In nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti.

The best was a post yearrrs ago on here where some guy wrote a message asking where the rsc guy in varrock that changes your platelegs to skirts went and the response was something about scams for trimming platelegs lol

ROFLOMFGWITHBBQANDDAIRYQUEEN

I KNOW!!!

I sent a query about maybe getting my mute lifted.

This was the relply

Dear John5019,

Due to some recent offences, there has been a change to the status of your account.

Please view your Offence History for further information, this can be found by clicking on "Appeal an Offence/Ban" on the main page.

Sincerely,

RuneScape Customer Support

emofury1.gif <--- free rs guides by me lawl

Rip emofury 11/20/07

newbankofrsyq0.gif

If they were to personally answer every single question, it would take months and months before any questions were answered.

lovepanda86.png
lovepanda86.png
--8727th person to achieve 99 Fishing on 8/19/2008--
--6012th person to achieve 99 Thieving on 10/12/2008--

R.I.P. October 31, 2013

lovepanda.png

99 Fletching 7/16/2015

They use automatic responses. With so many players and so many queries, it is hard for Jagex to keep up with the mail. They will occasionally personally answer questions, but most of the time, they will send you an automated e-mail in order to save their time and spend that time to help updates etc.

It wouldn't bug me if they did it for custom messages, and things asking questions, but they use it on last chance appeals. I mean my characters fate was in the hands of a bad program. They denied my first appeal by the time I click the "Return to appeal center" button that comes up after you send an appeal. the last chance appeal took about an hour, but it came with some bull [cabbage] response that had nothing to do with what i said in my appeal. It really pisses me off that they ban without checking at all.

soldersig.jpg

It wouldn't bug me if they did it for custom messages, and things asking questions, but they use it on last chance appeals. I mean my characters fate was in the hands of a bad program. They denied my first appeal by the time I click the "Return to appeal center" button that comes up after you send an appeal. the last chance appeal took about an hour, but it came with some bull [cabbage] response that had nothing to do with what i said in my appeal. It really pisses me off that they ban without checking at all.

yeh same, my friend got his last chance approved and wont banned but temp and still got auto response

chippypktry2.png

Member of 100+ Korrupted Fury