Why RuneScape is a game for kids.

Gamerr

I have said it troughout some posts in rants, but I decided to type my opinion in here.

I retired from RuneScape, I still like the idea behind the game but since classic shut down it has never been fun.

1) Simplicity.

RuneScape is just clicking. Sorry, the quests really aren't hard (even Mournings End Part 2 is quite easy) and the monsters require no skill. I'm out of the new updates, but the only really hard thing I found was Fire Cape. But also, that's a big joke because you can kill him on a certain way over and over. See my point? There's no variation. An MMPORG should be about "skilling and combat", but it's not hard at all. Most of the skills are completely buy-able, you can get 126 combat in 1 year ...

2) Stupidity.

I'm digging up the past because I want to proof my point that the public of RuneScape is (too) young. In classic there were uncountable scams, e.g. the disc of returning (not rare at that point), imp beads, etc.

You really had to watch out with so called 'rare'-items, but that made it fun to try to find items that are rare. Now every possibility is gone, no challenges. I do not encourage scammers, and if JAGeX makes a bladed leaf untradable that's logical (I mean the item that looks like a guthan warspear) because those two items were almost identical. But making spinach rolls untradable is just idiotic.

Also, the wilderness ditch, warning signs etc before every dangerous area makes me laugh. I mean, putting the house of Oziach in wilderness is brilliant! People who just have quested, think they reached the end could face PK-ers. Wilderness has to be dangerous, but now there's almost a wall, 2 warnings and a lot of stupidity needed to accidentily get killed there.

Some updates are worthless. With all of respect, but gnome kitchen stuff etc are stupid. Again quantity of JAGeX, they rather add 2 boring and not challenging quests each month instead of working 2 months on a hard quest.

Something also that annoys me deeply in quests. The requirements. RISE THEM OMG. If you have a quest like the one to get ancient magics, require 180 QP or something like they did for Recipe for Disaster. THAT was a fun quest, the nicest one together with the lunar & MEP2.

3) Ignorance.

OK. This rant board is filled with babies. Even more, crybabies. If you look at first page, there are heaps of topics whining about F2P not getting updates, the scammers, the autoers etc. Who gives a [bleep] tbh?

If the autoers dissapear, yew prices (for ex) will skyrocket. Then 12000 people will rant about the "impossible" prices.

If F2P gets updates, P2P players will complain about them not getting any at the same time...

Lots of people who play RS or use TIF think because it's the internet, they can complain about every tiny little ignorant detail going on.

4) noobs.

Why was classic better? Because players played the game to have fun. Now you see in clans like DI some idiotic leader who thinks he can set the rules with an unhealthy amount of PK's a week and some "ethic codes" for wilderness. The fact that clans can't hold decent wars without getting crashed is JAGeX doesn't have any support for clan wars. example, an area where the 2 clan leaders can hand in a list of people who can enter. The other people could watch for example, but crashing/looting is not possible there for example.

I don't wanna start a discussion about classic being better, but the PK system is really worthless in RS2. Solo PK-ing is annoying, all you do is bind and try to get the other before he runs out. Why not bring back the 3hit system? Owned if you ask me.

Why is my title noobs? I respect every human who deserves it. But if you ask basic questions about RuneScape that are really ought to be known, you are a noob. Example, if there's a new update, most people hear " New update in draynor" for example, run there and start asking what to do. They are even too lazy to check updates, so that's just noobish.

Discuss.

signature4s.jpg

I like the concept of the game, but I find it irritating the quality is so low.

I know I don't have to play it, and I don't, but I would play if the level would be brought up to a little more mature.

signature4s.jpg

The only thing that comes to mind is the chat filter, it's so ridiculous that it almost makes me not want to play.

And the amount of risk playing is virtually zero and lessens with every update, take the dual arena for example.

But overall it's a fun game if you have nothing better to do.

Lovh0.png

Lovh0.png

im going to agree with you on this one, when i first started playing it was quite honestly fun, just me and a friend (who got me into it) figuring out what to do and where to go... falling for the luring trick (yea it happened to me) then having to get my things back...

It was an adventure, now im 100cb and all i really do is slay, chat and do clue scrolls... only do quests that i have to, to get to a slayer assignment... i dont honestly find it fun until the sara or zammy mage gets me to about 3hp because i forgot to bring food that time (hehe) its a thrill then.

The MOST annoying thing about the game these days has to be everyday people around you, i would pay jagex some ridiculas(sp?) amount of money if i went round ONE DAY without seeing "noob" or "stfu" or anything like that, id also like to be able to go into the wildy without armour on and not get killed because what are they gaining? honestly....

anyway ill stop because i think ive strayed off topic, but all in all good rant ::'

J

MMORPG - Many Men Online Role Playing Girls - LOL, but how true?

Oh and none of the people you see online saying "looking for bf" are girls. Statistics I make up don't lie. - HA!

Retired - 19:37 - 25th feb 2007

Officially back - 19:19 - 16th april 2007

Ive quit enough times to quit again and be garunteed im guna be bribed back, totally worth it ;) until next month anyway

Who gives a [bleep] tbh?

You are essentially doing the same thing that you are preaching against with that statement.

However, it's obvious that the game is getting easier and it looks as though it all started around the time of Cook-All. Look at the updates before then, none really seem to stick out as a huge leap in xp gain or give anyone further protection from scams.

It is quite apparent that Runescape is aimed at kids. However, that doesn't mean that it is for kids. I actually think that it is more advertised as a family game.

This is semi-off topic, but my personal opinion about the updates that protect players from danger is that they are only sheltering everyone from it. Players aren't exposed to that type of danger anymore so they never learn, and that will most likely lead to something worse and bigger happening to them later on.

3) Ignorance.

OK. This rant board is filled with babies. Even more, crybabies. If you look at first page, there are heaps of topics whining about F2P not getting updates, the scammers, the autoers etc. Who gives a [bleep] tbh?

its also filled with people who need to have people agree with em for ego support. If you were really quitting, you'd just up and leave one day. gtfo if you don't like the game, otherwise, at least keep your complaints to yourself.

3) Ignorance.

[ /quote]

its also filled with people who need to have people agree with em for ego support. If you were really quitting, you'd just up and leave one day. gtfo if you don't like the game, otherwise, at least keep your complaints to yourself.

1. Learn how to quote

2. I am retired from the game yes, but I hope it will be back nice one day so I can play it again, because at the beginning it really was fun and good

3. I don't want people to agree with me for ego-support, notice the Discuss at the end of my post :roll: .

4. so I cannot complain? Why is this rants board there then, why are RSOF filled with rants then? Do those people don't have the right?

I gave my opinion because I really liked the game, but I don't like it in the current state so I was looking for people who retired/or don't play too often anymore because of the same reason.

5. You don't have to read my posts.

signature4s.jpg

I agree with you completely, rs2 is too easy, with all these *do X* options, they are making things too easy, the protect from melee/mage/range spells? what a joke, they take all the skill away from the game.

I miss rsc, back when 100k was a lot and anything over 1m was pretty much unheard of.

[/img]

coolio0wjos1.jpg

My WoW character, gnome warlock Saldomar

Who gives a [bleep] tbh?

If you don't find this game fun, don't play. If you find this game fun, then play. Yes, this game has issues, but I hardly agree with your over generalizations about classic.

unoalexi.png

Here be dragons ^

Dragon of the Day

ryZi.gif

Who gives a [bleep] tbh?

If you don't find this game fun, don't play. If you find this game fun, then play. Yes, this game has issues, but I hardly agree with your over generalizations about classic.

Oh boy. You really don't get it do you.

I don't play mainly because I don't have time, but I don't find RS worth it anymore to make time. Seeing this is a rants board, I was hoping to find people who also don't play anymore (do I really have to repeat whole my posts from above?) and have the same feelings about me.

I do not generalize anything from classic, I just said that RS2 is not challenging. When RS2 was launch in 2004, it was challenging. I can compare it with that too, if you like.

signature4s.jpg

Runescape should take a page from WoW TBH, they could add a new tower/dungeon/island every month or so and all other updates could be used to upgrade skills and fix bugs. This game should have lots of different dungeons around the same level range but with unique rewards and challenges and just leave the old content alone if its still enjoyable

1) Simplicity

Hm, let's see... I have two ways of communicating with my computer. A mouse and a keyboard. And you're expecting it to have less clicking? Please tell me what MMO doesn't involve clicking on a monster to kill it. Would you prefer if it involved a joystick?

2) Stupidity

You're complaining about Jagex untrading items that were used to scam. So smart of you. It was so "fun" to learn what the rare items were, I almost went hysterical with joy when I learned spinach rolls weren't rare.

Turn off the damned warning system then.

The Wilderness is supposed to be dangerous, not a place filled with scammers. The ditch wasn't put there to not be accidentally killed, it was put there to not be accidentally killed while being scammed.

3) Ignorance

This is more about ranting about the idiots at the RSOF. Jagex can't control that. Do you expect Jagex to run background checks to make sure people aren't lying when they say they're over 13? When you see immature players, it's not Jagex who is at fault.

4) Noobs

So RuneScape is designed for little kids all because they don't have a place for official clan wars? Makes sense. And bring back the 3 hit system for PKing? Weren't you complaining about how easy the game is, and that it should be harder?

A majority of your rant is about idiotic players that play in RuneScape. I don't see any examples that say RuneScape is now being designed for idiotic players with the exception of the warning system.

All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...

This is the truth!

This is my belief!

...at least for now.

"The Mystery of Life"

Vol. 841, Ch. 26

1) Simplicity

Hm, let's see... I have two ways of communicating with my computer. A mouse and a keyboard. And you're expecting it to have less clicking? Please tell me what MMO doesn't involve clicking on a monster to kill it. Would you prefer if it involved a joystick?

2) Stupidity

You're complaining about Jagex untrading items that were used to scam. So smart of you. It was so "fun" to learn what the rare items were, I almost went hysterical with joy when I learned spinach rolls weren't rare.

Turn off the damned warning system then.

The Wilderness is supposed to be dangerous, not a place filled with scammers. The ditch wasn't put there to not be accidentally killed, it was put there to not be accidentally killed while being scammed.

3) Ignorance

This is more about ranting about the idiots at the RSOF. Jagex can't control that. Do you expect Jagex to run background checks to make sure people aren't lying when they say they're over 13? When you see immature players, it's not Jagex who is at fault.

4) Noobs

So RuneScape is designed for little kids all because they don't have a place for official clan wars? Makes sense. And bring back the 3 hit system for PKing? Weren't you complaining about how easy the game is, and that it should be harder?

A majority of your rant is about idiotic players that play in RuneScape. I don't see any examples that say RuneScape is now being designed for idiotic players with the exception of the warning system.

Agreed.

Anyway, anybody who said that Mourning's End Part 2 was easy? Obviously doesn't know how to do quests properly. You are not supposed to use guides! I think that if you really couldn't do it without a guide, then you are not intelligent enough to deserve a quest cape.

Oh, and I haven't done the quest, but I sure as hell am not going to use a guide.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

Some updates are worthless. With all of respect, but gnome kitchen stuff etc are stupid. Again quantity of JAGeX, they rather add 2 boring and not challenging quests each month instead of working 2 months on a hard quest.

Do you realize how long it took to make ME2? two years. Where the hell are you getting this "2 months" from

I also agree with Locutus' responses.

76th to reach 99 Construction on 6th of February 2007

379th to reach 99 Runecrafting on 4th of November 2007

BlueSig6.jpg

Finally the secrets of goal achieving are revealed! (give my guide a read :^_^: )

You say retired as if playing a game for a few years then stopping is on the same level as, say, having a job for 30 years and stopping because you've added all you could.

No video games require skill. The way runescape works is with clicking, skilling,grinding, and selling and buying. You're complaining about the fundamentals of an mmorpg, which you acknowledge is the norm. So in short, mmorpgs aren't for you, but you're going to complain anyway and expect to have it changed just because you said so and backed it up with idiotic retort.

Oh yea, it'd be real fun if runescape was your vision, what with players running around screaming "ZOMG DA SPINICH ROLE IS RAR, BYE FRUM MEH!" I love getting scammed as a new player, don't you? Jackass.

If you didn't scam in your time on runescape, I'd be extremely surprised. And yes, luring does count.

And oh dear god, let's trash every update that isn't a super whip. I thought that the gnome update was fun since it added in a couple cool looking items, and gave me something to do for a while. And if you haven't noticed, Jagex stopped what was getting to be a tradition of putting out two pointless quests a month. Now it's one good quest at most.

3. Crybabies? In the rants forum? There's certainly one at the top of this thread. And get over it since it seems to hurt you so much. The internet is a way for people to easily express disagreement with what normally would be too insignificant to sit down and write up a letter about.

4. Don't praise classic to be higher than what it really was. I was there, the community was really no better, there were just as many scams (as you've already said), the only difference is the smaller scale.

Also: You're not going to change lazy people. Neither is that Jagex's job.

And also: If you're so proud of having retired from rs and have such little problem bashing it from a distance, don't come back to the runescape part of tip.it's forums. You have nothing creative to input into the game, and you don't play it. Frankly, most couldn't care less about your opinion at this stage.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

No video games require skill.

Oh no? Why are there tournaments all of the world for shooters, football games etc? It takes skill, ofcourse everybody can play it but not on the same level.

My point was that RuneScape isn't hard, it just takes a lot of time to be good. And I don't like that, it could be made a little harder imo. (not quests that are able to do, without guide, within the hour - ME pt2 and RFD are the ONLY quests which are very hard without a guide. (and yes will holmes I did it without a guide)

The way runescape works is with clicking, skilling,grinding, and selling and buying. You're complaining about the fundamentals of an mmorpg, which you acknowledge is the norm. So in short, mmorpgs aren't for you, but you're going to complain anyway and expect to have it changed just because you said so and backed it up with idiotic retort.

WoW isn't easy, and yet it's a MMPORG. Hm. I know it's clicking, but I hoped for some more (intellectual) challenges. I'm sorry to vent my opinion in a rants board. :roll:

Oh yea, it'd be real fun if runescape was your vision, what with players running around screaming "ZOMG DA SPINICH ROLE IS RAR, BYE FRUM MEH!" I love getting scammed as a new player, don't you? Jackass.

You're an idiot. I'll tell you why. I never scammed in my life, I never have had any black marks, warnings or even mutes. I always followed the rules and never did any harm to other players.

I was just saying that if you are a new player, you normally don't have cash. So the people with enough cash to buy a rare, and are so stupid to not investigate first which item is rare or not, don't deserve a rare. If I would sell you a rake, and i'd say it's worth 10 mil coins, don't you first search/ask friends if it's really worth that much? I hope so.

If you didn't scam in your time on runescape, I'd be extremely surprised. And yes, luring does count.

Again, I never scammed in all the time I played RuneScape. I never lured, because I retired solo PK-ing when RS2 came out and I only was in THE-clan.

And oh dear god, let's trash every update that isn't a super whip. I thought that the gnome update was fun since it added in a couple cool looking items, and gave me something to do for a while. And if you haven't noticed, Jagex stopped what was getting to be a tradition of putting out two pointless quests a month. Now it's one good quest at most.

I never trash updates. I just say that JAGeX uses the quantity over quality principle. The example of the gnome update was because I'd rather have 1 good challenging quests then 2 additions to a gnome cuisine.

3. Crybabies? In the rants forum? There's certainly one at the top of this thread. And get over it since it seems to hurt you so much. The internet is a way for people to easily express disagreement with what normally would be too insignificant to sit down and write up a letter about.

It's a rant forum here. What do you do, go to every topic and be an [wagon] saying they can't try to discuss over something they don't agree with? Fun life you have. I didn't ask you to bash my post, if you don't agree fine by me but you behave like nobody can critisise anything.

4. Don't praise classic to be higher than what it really was. I was there, the community was really no better, there were just as many scams (as you've already said), the only difference is the smaller scale.

The community was really no better? Lmao. In classic basicly you could step into wild and know almost everybody who was PK-ing there.

Now you step in to wild, meet pker051484 and get killed by a huge team of people. I have no problem with the fact that there are so much players, but it's like you hardly ever meet people you know, unless you train/PK together.

If you're not mad when people start asking questions right when an updates out when all of the answers are in the post of jagex, then you're just weird. I don't have a problem with explaining it once to somebody, but when I do, mostly 47 other people ask to explain it again, don't even listen or are even too unpatiÃÆÃâÃâënt to wait for a specific answer to their question.

And also: If you're so proud of having retired from rs and have such little problem bashing it from a distance, don't come back to the runescape part of tip.it's forums. You have nothing creative to input into the game, and you don't play it. Frankly, most couldn't care less about your opinion at this stage.

1. If my creativity is so bad you just wasted a lot of time by writing your post, because all you did is some bashing without decent arguments.

2. You don't care, why do you post then?

3. Seeing you always go with the crowd, you seem a very creative person with a lot of personal influence :roll:

4. I am not proud of retiring from RS, because I am still on TIF so basicly still connected to it. I was hoping to discuss the game with others, stilll active or inactive to compare their opinion. What I hoped for was a constructive topic with idea's, views or thoughts, but basicly it's impossible to have a discussion about a topic around here because there are always people who bash about everything without being constructive.

signature4s.jpg

Good read. I do agree with you that RSC would have been alot better, I remember one of my brothers friends playing it. I was about 4-6 then though. (Big 4/5 level tree place)

Ahh although I have to admit defeat on this, Jagex have extremely useless updates. The assist one was decent but completely scammable.

Never a good thing for F2P really, (Not complaining, I like it that way) We don't deserve anything, but members don't deserve every single thing. <.<

I dont need a siggy no moar.

No video games require skill.

Oh no? Why are there tournaments all of the world for shooters, football games etc? It takes skill, ofcourse everybody can play it but not on the same level.

All shooter games require is good reflexes, which you ether have or you don't.

My point was that RuneScape isn't hard, it just takes a lot of time to be good. And I don't like that, it could be made a little harder imo. (not quests that are able to do, without guide, within the hour - ME pt2 and RFD are the ONLY quests which are very hard without a guide. (and yes will holmes I did it without a guide)

The way runescape works is with clicking, skilling,grinding, and selling and buying. You're complaining about the fundamentals of an mmorpg, which you acknowledge is the norm. So in short, mmorpgs aren't for you, but you're going to complain anyway and expect to have it changed just because you said so and backed it up with idiotic retort.

WoW isn't easy, and yet it's a MMPORG. Hm. I know it's clicking, but I hoped for some more (intellectual) challenges. I'm sorry to vent my opinion in a rants board. :roll:

Wow is hard!? Lmao, all you do is run up to a monster and hit the space bar a comple times so it dies. Most quest are simple kill x and collect x challenges that anybody which half a brain and a mouse can do.

You're an idiot. I'll tell you why. I never scammed in my life, I never have had any black marks, warnings or even mutes. I always followed the rules and never did any harm to other players.

I was just saying that if you are a new player, you normally don't have cash. So the people with enough cash to buy a rare, and are so stupid to not investigate first which item is rare or not, don't deserve a rare. If I would sell you a rake, and i'd say it's worth 10 mil coins, don't you first search/ask friends if it's really worth that much? I hope so.

This was done to prevent the people standing in the 'rares' section of Varrok wrld 3 from team scaming, i.e selling spinach rolls for 100k and buying for 200k. Next, they shold make charcoal and area books untradeable..

Again, I never scammed in all the time I played RuneScape. I never lured, because I retired solo PK-ing when RS2 came out and I only was in THE-clan.

Then how the hell can you judge pking as it is today??

I never trash updates. I just say that JAGeX uses the quantity over quality principle. The example of the gnome update was because I'd rather have 1 good challenging quests then 2 additions to a gnome cuisine.

So every single update Jagex releases has to be a super hard, high level only dungeon or quest?? They can't have un things or mid-level players anymore??

It's a rant forum here. What do you do, go to every topic and be an [wagon] saying they can't try to discuss over something they don't agree with? Fun life you have. I didn't ask you to bash my post, if you don't agree fine by me but you behave like nobody can critisise anything.

Don't expect everybody to agree with your rant. We can post to agree or disagree, don't get all pissed at people who do the latter.

The community was really no better? Lmao. In classic basicly you could step into wild and know almost everybody who was PK-ing there.

Now you step in to wild, meet pker051484 and get killed by a huge team of people. I have no problem with the fact that there are so much players, but it's like you hardly ever meet people you know, unless you train/PK together.

Once again, the smaller scale. This is simply a natural part of an online game's growth..

If you're not mad when people start asking questions right when an updates out when all of the answers are in the post of jagex, then you're just weird. I don't have a problem with explaining it once to somebody, but when I do, mostly 47 other people ask to explain it again, don't even listen or are even too unpatiÃÆÃâÃâënt to wait for a specific answer to their question.

If you don't like these people, ignore them! Nobody forces you to answer their questions. Yes, people are idiots, but this isn't only in Runescape.

1. If my creativity is so bad you just wasted a lot of time by writing your post, because all you did is some bashing without decent arguments.

Once again, your opinion. Personally I saw your rant as an old Classic player moaning about how everything was better in the 'olden days', yet they haven't even played the new game since 2004.

2. You don't care, why do you post then?

Another protest to a Classic player moaning about how everything was better in the 'olden days'.

3. Seeing you always go with the crowd, you seem a very creative person with a lot of personal influence :roll:

Your going with the 'Classic player crowd that always moans at every single update Jagex releases, comparing them to prior Classic updates and making sure to assert how 'everything was better back then.

4. I am not proud of retiring from RS, because I am still on TIF so basicly still connected to it. I was hoping to discuss the game with others, stilll active or inactive to compare their opinion. What I hoped for was a constructive topic with idea's, views or thoughts, but basicly it's impossible to have a discussion about a topic around here because there are always people who bash about everything without being constructive.

Yet you attack the active players who have a different opinion than you.... :roll:

unoalexi.png

Here be dragons ^

Dragon of the Day

ryZi.gif