OMG Jagex - i declare you stupid

Guest mauranius

I am sure jagex thought of these things as well, and since they where already on their way of making the gme less fun for some players then why won't they just instant ban all lvl 3 players with 1 high skill only right away?? The few real players you might hurt with this they should stop whining

Anyways All my ideas where ment to be done within 1 day, you instant ban all macroers + at the same time make it harder to create new accounts so they cannot use macroers for that. For sure there will be still people making those macroers or training them to lvls where we are not sure any more if it is a macroer yes or no, but if we do this at least we have no yew macroers for some days....

This will not solve the problem! This would be a temporary 1-day solution to pissing off all of the players on RuneScape!

These macroers will always find a way to cut trees, i Already suggested that in a certain patch trees could spawn in random spaces (not like now where all the trees are fixed to the ground) this would make it more difficult to create a macroing program for them

Macroers can walk 3 game screens away to bank and come back. And you're thinking changing the position of a tree will solve it? They click on the tree, it doesn't matter if it moves. They don't click a spot on the screen, the click the TREE!

There are alot of stupid macroers in the game, and i am willing to sacrifice some other things to get rid of them. the last Jagex updates where all to prevent scammers and macroers. I am sure many people are willing to give up a few "skillers" to get rid of most of the macroers.

I'd sacrifice you just to get 10gp.

As for the yew economy: don't whine!! as soon as people notice macroers are gone the yew price will rise, then other peope think: hey, no macroers at yew trees.... they start cuttng them, and yew prices come back to normal. Unlike the Rare prices that due to the last update fall more than 1%

God damn! No one will whine about the damn prices going up because of a lack of macroers! Hell, there were are more Rants in the forums because prices went DOWN because of macroers!

By the way i don't like people flaming me personally, you can say my ideas are not good or anything, but i won't like personal flames....

Maybe if you weren't flaming people in your title, I'd give more thought about not flaming you.

Jagexhugger :XD:

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well my mad idea :twisted: is to make a new yew tree that spawns at a fixed rate. Let the autoers cut'em, the resulting yew logs can't be traded and Jagex has all evidence needed to perm-ban these little corrupters. \' With the account limit in effect, then they're pretty stomped :P By the time it's done revert back to normal (remind you its my mad idea so :roll: )

And, so then the macroers just stop cutting that "special" yew tree... Or newbs start cutting that tree and get banned. That suggestion fails.

Ever heard of a trap? And you haven't even came up with any suggestion- which would likely fail too. Fail it maybe, but its a brainstormed & a mad idea which I did mentioned :shame:

Total Level 2247- 11x 99s All Combat Skills, Slayer, Summoning, Woodcutting, Herblore

Jagexhugger :XD:

There's a difference between supporting Jagex and supporting damned stupid ideas such as yours.

I have a great idea! Let's ban all the people that play in Asia! That'll solve the problem.

Or wait, I got an even better one! Let's make people unable to make accounts! That'll stop it for sure. Oh wait, it's been done already?

All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...

This is the truth!

This is my belief!

...at least for now.

"The Mystery of Life"

Vol. 841, Ch. 26

As far as I see it, Theres only one way to solve this, bit it involves fire, anchovies, and small bunnies, so i won't indulge on telling you how to do it.

Noo Noo Noo To Number 1!!!

moi_extraire.gif

Yes, I do know I'm not ranked in any REAL skills.

I agree 100% they spend their stupid time on update that make no difference. Changing graphic, wtf is this crap? i rather you spend most your update on how to kill bot than a graphic. Let just be honest straight out they dont' want to ban bot. They want to ban people that is honest and stuff. If they ban all bot then my friend wouldn't be ban. It's a chain link since he buy gold but let's look at a different perspective

Bot====> Money ------>Selling to honest player--------> Jagex Ban player

break up the bot which sit on top of the chain and everything will be fine. I support you and agree 100% with you. GOOD JOB YOU GOT MY FRUSTRATION OUT TY

ductran1989.png

Dear Tip.it readers,

i have just come across one of the biggest scandals Jagex could ever done to us. I have been notified that while creating new accounts you do not need to put in a "visual code" (explained below what this is). Why o why jagex do people have to see good stuff in runescape get waisted while actually you guys are the ones that screwed it up by not making a visual code and thus makes it possible to "macro" create new accounts at a fast rate! Ok well this is only the top of the iceberg so let my rant continue.

Jagex, have you aver seen those family willow or yew cutters??? or did you even paid attention to the clanchat "ad busters" where you can tell a set of pmods if you saw a advertisement macroer (of which most is a "family"). Why don't you instant ban all these lvl 3 with high wc? We all know they are macroing, and for the few skillers: do not worry there will be a list where the real skillers are listed.

Then jagex why is it so that all rs community has to pay for your lazyness with stupid updates that bother both f2p and p2p players?

Here a few tips on how improve anti-macroing policy!

1. ban all lvl 3's - most easiest solution and the most cruelest but i bet

99% of rs won't care for that

AGREE

2. make sure there is an visual code for creating an account

AGREE AGAIN

3. create a wall on the start and on the end of the tutorial island, ask them to repeat a number you gave them, in the same way bank pin is done

Can be tedious, but if it means to stop bot "AGREE"

4. make a few pmod / jmod teams that for 1 day scourge all the tree spots in f2p and perhaps even in p2p. say there that any lvl 3 that will not respond in 30 seconds will get banned instantaneously, this will make sure all real macroers get a perm ban + you will be able to find family names which then can be banned as well

they might be level 3 skiller, but anything look suspicious should be ban since they won't bother to appeal anway "AGREE 70%"

5. Limit amount of accounts to IP-adress to about 10, this will make sure family's have no chance of being created

Possibly *IDK* 50% Agree

6. make sure a certain IP-adress can make 1 account a week

Agree no one should make massive account in a day, not like you going to play it all "AGREE"

Now let me go back to play this game without all the fuss, and let me enjoy it once again!

Mauranius

If they put their mind to it anything can be achieve, I mean if they want to make a visual code then they will do it, if the want to limit IP or even ban they can do it, yet they focus their time on graphic update (which suck). I want to go back to melzart maze and chop yew without the interfere of bot. And for those that see this is stupid and pointless then I see you as worthless and pointless because every players in this game need one another, sure I guess all of you that flame this topic are all moron who rather spend your time with bot that sell you goods and raw material. Then I have nothing to say, personally I am a member but I am done with this game in 15 days, I'll be revert to non member ( which I"ll get bored eventually but I'll go find something interesting to do, but for sure I won't come back to member. If it mean to stay in non then I'll do that... ( possibly I'll go draw/learn anime)). Sure $5 from one person isn't a lot but it will add up.

P.S I think Jagex think honest player earn money too easy that's why they have to control the market now. Have fun control the market Jagex...

Tran

ductran1989.png

To get rid of auto'ers, it is the simplest task in the world. Just sent out mods world by world and say 'We will ban all those who we suspect as auto'ers who do not respond within 2 minutes' (giving time for people who are playing). They should say it multiple times and don't give me that...'oh what if the people have their chat off' bologna, because you can always see a moderators chat messages regardless of what you do to the chat system. Ban them for life. Game over.

I agree 100% they spend their stupid time on update that make no difference. Changing graphic, wtf is this crap? i rather you spend most your update on how to kill bot than a graphic. Let just be honest straight out they dont' want to ban bot. They want to ban people that is honest and stuff. If they ban all bot then my friend wouldn't be ban. It's a chain link since he buy gold but let's look at a different perspective

break up the bot which sit on top of the chain and everything will be fine. I support you and agree 100% with you. GOOD JOB YOU GOT MY FRUSTRATION OUT TY

Yes, your friend is an extremely honest player because he goes out and breaks the rules with real world trading. Then you blame Jagex for not banning the bot that he bought from. It's not "If they ban all bot then my friend wouldn't be banned," it's "If my friend didn't cheat, he wouldn't be banned." You fail.

And to the people who keep mentioning the IPs, SHUT UP! As if Jagex hadn't thought of that, you small-minded people! Learn about damn proxies then you come back and tell me if they can ban an IP addresses.

All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...

This is the truth!

This is my belief!

...at least for now.

"The Mystery of Life"

Vol. 841, Ch. 26

Lmfao, are you out of your flippin mind!?!?!

The market for gold fuels the autoers, not the other way around!! your friend isn't "honest" at all, considering he cheated, and he helped fund the problem! if Jagex punishes the people who buy gold, then more people wouldn't buy gold because they would be afraid of loosing their account. Thus, there would be less bots in the long run.

I'm glad your friend was banned. :roll:

well be honest and say [bleep] all you jagex staff

No. Without them, you'd have no game. They put an incredible amount of effort into running it and maintaining it. I'd like to see you try to run a Java game like runescape, maybe you'd be more grateful after you see how hard it is.. -.-

unoalexi.png

Here be dragons ^

Dragon of the Day

ryZi.gif

technically you cant ban a lvl 3 char with high wc, its like sending a black person to prison for being black.

That's stupid because you can ban a level 3 character with high wc IF it's a macroer.

8888kev8888.jpeg

Sigs by: Soa | Gold_Tiger10 | Harrinator1 | Guthix121 | robo | Elmo | Thru | Yaff2

Avatars by: Lit0ua | Unoalexi | Gold Tiger .

Hello friend, Senajitkaushik was epic, Good luck bro.

guys if you don't like what jagax has been doing lately well... TELL THEM by joining my boycott of runescape dec. 15 you can go to my thread and support there. we can fix RS, we can save it!

we shall stand and fight, they shall fight and die! this is runescape!!!

plese for the love of rs join my boycott of rs dec. 15

technically you cant ban a lvl 3 char with high wc, its like sending a black person to prison for being black.

That's stupid because you can ban a level 3 character with high wc IF it's a macroer.

Except everyone just assumes they are a macroer. They don't investigate the situation properly. Not to mention at least 3/4 of the people who report people for macroing don't even understand how to identify a macroer.

Pgkhqob.jpg

Proud Tip.It Moderator December 07 - October 2009
Proud TETAU Member 2006 - 2007 <3
"I had a standing agreement with god. I'd agree to believe in him, barely, so long as he let me sleep in on Sundays." - Rose Hathaway
[ Posting & You ] [ Forum Rules ] [ Next Tetau Event ]

I do not like racist references in my thread, so please bring up a better example bronzewarrior....

here i think this is what you tried to say:

People that look like car thief's are not always people that steal them, though if you would see any suspicious behavior, in my opinion it's better to react direct, to take these suspects into custody than that you let them run around to steal more cars until you can get them at the act of crime

3. create a wall on the start and on the end of the tutorial island, ask them to repeat a number you gave them, in the same way bank pin is done

Tutorial Island is already boring and long enough. Adding more seemingly unnecessary things to new players would turn people away from the game.

4. make a few pmod / jmod teams that for 1 day scourge all the tree spots in f2p and perhaps even in p2p. say there that any lvl 3 that will not respond in 30 seconds will get banned instantaneously, this will make sure all real macroers get a perm ban + you will be able to find family names which then can be banned as well

What if a skiller has chat off?

Mod messages go through chat set to off.

Trahybyen.gif

Trahybyen.png

*sigh*

There is a link in my goals picture. <--An Unnecessary Update

:O

1. ban all lvl 3's - most easiest solution and the most cruelest but i bet 99% of rs won't care for that No. what about the skillers?

2. make sure there is an visual code for creating an account A visual code takes 5 seconds to enter; a 99 wc account takes months to train. Here's a sample of what an autoer could do: automatically pop up on the owner's computer with a screenshot of the picture and a text box to enter it. This would probably do very little to nothing, given how fast you can type in a couple of letters.

3. create a wall on the start and on the end of the tutorial island, ask them to repeat a number you gave them, in the same way bank pin is done See number 2

4. make a few pmod / jmod teams that for 1 day scourge all the tree spots in f2p and perhaps even in p2p. say there that any lvl 3 that will not respond in 30 seconds will get banned instantaneously, this will make sure all real macroers get a perm ban + you will be able to find family names which then can be banned as well Good idea, but would take a lot of jagex's time to ban just one type of autoer. Besides, more would be made overnight; Jagex and P mods can't personally ban every single autoer.

5. Limit amount of accounts to IP-adress to about 10, this will make sure family's have no chance of being created It's very easy to change IP addresses... just get a dynamic IP or use dial up internet.

6. make sure a certain IP-adress can make 1 account a week See #5

Nice ideas, but most have a few flaws...

+1

Jagex would never do anything so extreme, and risk harming legit players. Most of your ideas are simply thrown together which most people do when they are angry at a certain thing in a game.

99 Fletching 99 Attack 99 Constitution 99 Cooking 99 Strength

Gamertag: H8tebringer

h8tebringer-siggy-bloodskull-1.jpg

Dear Tip.it readers,

i have just come across one of the biggest scandals Jagex could ever done to us. I have been notified that while creating new accounts you do not need to put in a "visual code" (explained below what this is). Why o why jagex do people have to see good stuff in runescape get waisted while actually you guys are the ones that screwed it up by not making a visual code and thus makes it possible to "macro" create new accounts at a fast rate! Ok well this is only the top of the iceberg so let my rant continue.

Jagex, have you aver seen those family willow or yew cutters??? or did you even paid attention to the clanchat "ad busters" where you can tell a set of pmods if you saw a advertisement macroer (of which most is a "family"). Why don't you instant ban all these lvl 3 with high wc? We all know they are macroing, and for the few skillers: do not worry there will be a list where the real skillers are listed.

Then jagex why is it so that all rs community has to pay for your lazyness with stupid updates that bother both f2p and p2p players?

1. ban all lvl 3's - most easiest solution and the most cruelest but i bet 99% of rs won't care for that

5. Limit amount of accounts to IP-adress to about 10, this will make sure family's have no chance of being created

Now let me go back to play this game without all the fuss, and let me enjoy it once again!

Mauranius

P.S. a visual code is a code inside a picture (hidden), the picture is connected to another code in jagex system. Then the new player should copy the text of numbers and letters inside a box and confirm it. At the server they then check if visual information was the same as the information the player gave. If it is a match --> new acc is created if it's not a match --> IP should be registered as malicious

First of all i am against the level 3 crap. reaching level 4 can be done in 10 minutes of work. Straightaway that puts your system at fault.

Second of all many level 3 skillers would be falsly banned. The 30 second rule wouldnt work as some could be browsing forums while woodcutting or the level 3 mighent speak english

Third of all it is easy to go around the IP address ban. Just install a proxy on your computer and straightaway you go from living in england to austrailia

So basiclay pretty much any idea you've taught of has probaly been taught up by jagex

Dear Tip.it readers,

1. ban all lvl 3's - most easiest solution and the most cruelest but i bet 99% of rs won't care for that

Mauranius

P.S. a visual code is a code inside a picture (hidden), the picture is connected to another code in jagex system. Then the new player should copy the text of numbers and letters inside a box and confirm it. At the server they then check if visual information was the same as the information the player gave. If it is a match --> new acc is created if it's not a match --> IP should be registered as malicious

First of all i am against the level 3 crap. reaching level 4 can be done in 10 minutes of work. Straightaway that puts your system at fault.

Second of all many level 3 skillers would be falsly banned. The 30 second rule wouldnt work as some could be browsing forums while woodcutting or the level 3 mighent speak english

Third of all it is easy to go around the IP address ban. Just install a proxy on your computer and straightaway you go from living in england to austrailia

So basiclay pretty much any idea you've taught of has probaly been taught up by jagex

It is not legal to woodcut & look @ forums at the same time, you should while playing the game always look at the screen ;)

Why don't you just become a member of some extreme far-right wing political party and call for all Muslims to be gassed to death for the terrorist attacks by Islamic fundamentalists on London and New York? Because that's what you're actually proposing here, only with level 3s instead.

Actually, I'd say a heck of a lot of us would care that those level 3 pacifists would also get hit. I don't see why they should suffer.

Even then, they'd probably use some image-recognition software to worm their way around it. Is there even any evidence a machine sets up these accounts in the first place?

Same as 2)

I have a question - would you rather they spend all day banning WCers (not even mentioning the essence miners, the fishers, the dragon hunters...), or would you rather they work on new updates?

It is unbelievably easy to change an IP address... even Jagex have admitted they can't stop macroers by restricting IPs.

Same as 5)

Your suggestions are incredibly short sighted, and won't actually solve anything. Maybe we just need to come the realisation that bots will always exist in RS, as long as the Real World Trading market exists due to there being players willing to use it to cheat. That's something none of these suggestions, or anything Jagex can do, will solve.

1. Banning all level 3's is a stupid idea. Firstly because of skillers, secondly because of new accounts, and thirdly because most macros level up to between 4-15.

2. Making a visual code won't work. Macroers would just use an OCR like when Jagex used the fatigue system in rsc.

3. Likewise

4. They do this already, but their staff is limited.

5. IP addresses can be changed, with a proxy, if people have dial up, or a dynamic ip

6. Likewise

If you guys want to stop this macro problem, think of a possible solution instead of muttering about banning lvl 3's and IP crap. Here's what I think : Macros/autos/bots do not need a computer to function. They need runescape. (IF you haven't noticed, they do not log out or get disconnected.) I suggest Jagex to make a leech detector (aka a program that detects unauthorized characters that are "hooked" onto runescape, much like keyloggers that latch themselves onto keyboards.) If Jagex could make one of those (what I call) "anti-bot programs" then it should solve the bot problem altogether. (Unless the characters are actually played by slaves working in a sweatshop, like Jagex had mentioned sometime ago.)

Take note that some high level players may be caught macroing (like green dragon autos). Some people even install autoclickers on their characters as they do not want to be disconnected beacuse of lagging. (Like I said, the bot program rely on runescape, not the computer.)

[oh man... come on.. i didnt do that bad to your modesty... and i was drunk! you were not! you took advantage of me... wildernessfreelancer!]

Yep, that's what they'll always say, LoL.