OMG Jagex - i declare you stupid

Guest mauranius

Dear Tip.it readers,

i have just come across one of the biggest scandals Jagex could ever done to us. I have been notified that while creating new accounts you do not need to put in a "visual code" (explained below what this is). Why o why jagex do people have to see good stuff in runescape get waisted while actually you guys are the ones that screwed it up by not making a visual code and thus makes it possible to "macro" create new accounts at a fast rate! Ok well this is only the top of the iceberg so let my rant continue.

Jagex, have you aver seen those family willow or yew cutters??? or did you even paid attention to the clanchat "ad busters" where you can tell a set of pmods if you saw a advertisement macroer (of which most is a "family"). Why don't you instant ban all these lvl 3 with high wc? We all know they are macroing, and for the few skillers: do not worry there will be a list where the real skillers are listed.

Then jagex why is it so that all rs community has to pay for your lazyness with stupid updates that bother both f2p and p2p players?

Here a few tips on how improve anti-macroing policy!

1. ban all lvl 3's - most easiest solution and the most cruelest but i bet 99% of rs won't care for that

2. make sure there is an visual code for creating an account

3. create a wall on the start and on the end of the tutorial island, ask them to repeat a number you gave them, in the same way bank pin is done

4. make a few pmod / jmod teams that for 1 day scourge all the tree spots in f2p and perhaps even in p2p. say there that any lvl 3 that will not respond in 30 seconds will get banned instantaneously, this will make sure all real macroers get a perm ban + you will be able to find family names which then can be banned as well

5. Limit amount of accounts to IP-adress to about 10, this will make sure family's have no chance of being created

6. make sure a certain IP-adress can make 1 account a week

Now let me go back to play this game without all the fuss, and let me enjoy it once again!

Mauranius

P.S. a visual code is a code inside a picture (hidden), the picture is connected to another code in jagex system. Then the new player should copy the text of numbers and letters inside a box and confirm it. At the server they then check if visual information was the same as the information the player gave. If it is a match --> new acc is created if it's not a match --> IP should be registered as malicious

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the suggestions except the first one, which would harm lvl 3 skillers.

What he said.

8888kev8888.jpeg

Sigs by: Soa | Gold_Tiger10 | Harrinator1 | Guthix121 | robo | Elmo | Thru | Yaff2

Avatars by: Lit0ua | Unoalexi | Gold Tiger .

Hello friend, Senajitkaushik was epic, Good luck bro.

1. ban all lvl 3's - most easiest solution and the most cruelest but i bet 99% of rs won't care for that No. what about the skillers?

2. make sure there is an visual code for creating an account A visual code takes 5 seconds to enter; a 99 wc account takes months to train. Here's a sample of what an autoer could do: automatically pop up on the owner's computer with a screenshot of the picture and a text box to enter it. This would probably do very little to nothing, given how fast you can type in a couple of letters.

3. create a wall on the start and on the end of the tutorial island, ask them to repeat a number you gave them, in the same way bank pin is done See number 2

4. make a few pmod / jmod teams that for 1 day scourge all the tree spots in f2p and perhaps even in p2p. say there that any lvl 3 that will not respond in 30 seconds will get banned instantaneously, this will make sure all real macroers get a perm ban + you will be able to find family names which then can be banned as well Good idea, but would take a lot of jagex's time to ban just one type of autoer. Besides, more would be made overnight; Jagex and P mods can't personally ban every single autoer.

5. Limit amount of accounts to IP-adress to about 10, this will make sure family's have no chance of being created It's very easy to change IP addresses... just get a dynamic IP or use dial up internet.

6. make sure a certain IP-adress can make 1 account a week See #5

Nice ideas, but most have a few flaws...

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

Create a list of -KNOWN- skillers, then overnight ban the rest of the lvl 3's and create the other updates i suggested...would make everybody happier

+ for a few weeks there will be no yew bot macroers for sure

and by this you hardly harm the way runescape is played by the regular players: this is a total difference between what they did now to get rid of the gold macroers

and by the way the best way to get rid of macroers is some systematically bans on them, plus if you pre-ban families (E.G. tryy(xxx) family where on xxx can be any 3 numbers)

Create a list of -KNOWN- skillers, then overnight ban the rest of the lvl 3's and create the other updates i suggested...would make everybody happier

+ for a few weeks there will be no yew bot macroers for sure

and by this you hardly harm the way runescape is played by the regular players: this is a total difference between what they did now to get rid of the gold macroers

and by the way the best way to get rid of macroers is some systematically bans on them, plus if you pre-ban families (E.G. tryy(xxx) family where on xxx can be any 3 numbers)

A few bot free weeks wouldn't be worth banning thousands of legitimate accounts. Besides, how are they to know who's a skiller and who's a macro? As for banning families, bots would just be reprogrammed to make a random name. Build a better anti bot system, and programmers will build a better bot...

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

still that is not a reason for jagex to do absolutely nothing to it, and destroying the game in another way is not the solution to this problem. We need to smack some common sense back into them.

still that is not a reason for jagex to do absolutely nothing to it, and destroying the game in another way is not the solution to this problem. We need to smack some common sense back into them.
Jagex is doing something about it. Every week thousands of accounts are banned, and they are constantly updating their anti-bot system. Some players would argue that Jagex should make their anti bot systems more agressive, but there is a fine linie between not banning enough bots and banning too many legitimate players. Their systems seem to be fairly effective... I once tried autoing on an old account for a couple of hours using a popular macro program. The next day I was banned for a week with 6 black marks.

DeviledEgg24.png

hmmm ok well i be sleeping now, but i will read further posts tomorrow

anyways this is what i like to state: Jagex give us numbers of how many macroers you think there are and how many get created and banned every day!!! i want to know when i can cut yews normally again!

hmmm ok well i be sleeping now, but i will read further posts tomorrow

anyways this is what i like to state: Jagex give us numbers of how many macroers you think there are and how many get created and banned every day!!! i want to know when i can cut yews normally again!

How could Jagex know what accounts were macros and what ones weren't to get a number? Ditto to the number created. However, they could post how many they banned every day. Still, that wouldn't do much to help solve the autoer problem. I would guess you won't be able to cut yews till you get membership.

DeviledEgg24.png

1. ban all lvl 3's - most easiest solution and the most cruelest but i bet 99% of rs won't care for that

No. What about skillers?

Sure I agree with this.

3. create a wall on the start and on the end of the tutorial island, ask them to repeat a number you gave them, in the same way bank pin is done

This seems fine but autoers will still probally be able to get across this.

4. make a few pmod / jmod teams that for 1 day scourge all the tree spots in f2p and perhaps even in p2p. say there that any lvl 3 that will not respond in 30 seconds will get banned instantaneously, this will make sure all real macroers get a perm ban + you will be able to find family names which then can be banned as well

30 seconds seems a bit harsh.

5. Limit amount of accounts to IP-adress to about 10, this will make sure family's have no chance of being created

People can change IP adresses.

Once again, people can change their IP adresses.

Some good suggestions though.

99/99 Cooking. 1500+ total level. 96+ Combat

lawlkv8.png

Most of your solutions are just temporary fixes. Ban all level 3 accounts? What's to stop the macros from getting combat 4 in five minutes before they even leave tutorial island? Different codes? They already have gold farmers, all they'd need is someone whose job is to type in the anti-macro code after each bot is created, then turn them over to the computer for control after that.

We don't need temporary fixes. Temporary fixes got the Duel Arena screwed, and for what? Making it slightly harder for a rwt?

Sorry, but most of these suggestions just won't work.

1 - rofl no.

2 - good idear

3 - good idear

4 - they do it already

5 - pointless, can just change it

6 - ^

None of your methods will really be effective (except maybe the visual code one). The only way to get rid of autoers/gold farmers is to hit the source of the problem - the RWT. No RWT = no bots etc. Hence, the Duel Arena update.

Dear Tip.it readers,

i have just come across one of the biggest scandals Jagex could ever done to us. I have been notified that while creating new accounts you do not need to put in a "visual code" (explained below what this is). Why o why jagex do people have to see good stuff in runescape get waisted while actually you guys are the ones that screwed it up by not making a visual code and thus makes it possible to "macro" create new accounts at a fast rate! Ok well this is only the top of the iceberg so let my rant continue.

Jagex, have you aver seen those family willow or yew cutters??? or did you even paid attention to the clanchat "ad busters" where you can tell a set of pmods if you saw a advertisement macroer (of which most is a "family"). Why don't you instant ban all these lvl 3 with high wc? We all know they are macroing, and for the few skillers: do not worry there will be a list where the real skillers are listed.

Then jagex why is it so that all rs community has to pay for your lazyness with stupid updates that bother both f2p and p2p players?

Now let me go back to play this game without all the fuss, and let me enjoy it once again!

Mauranius

P.S. a visual code is a code inside a picture (hidden), the picture is connected to another code in jagex system. Then the new player should copy the text of numbers and letters inside a box and confirm it. At the server they then check if visual information was the same as the information the player gave. If it is a match --> new acc is created if it's not a match --> IP should be registered as malicious

You seem really ignorant on this issue because what I can dissect from your post is that you think everything is automatically done.

Those accounts are usually run by real people and they are called gold farmers. Real people are able to see visual codes, and if one account is banned they will just go make another. There may be one person to multiple accounts but for the most part they are actual people. You can get them to respond and I actually had a conversation with one of them in simple Mandarin (Found out his age and name), while most of the time they just cuss you out in Mandarin.

IP addresses are changeable, through dynamic IPs, proxies, dial up, as well as other things.

There are a lot more gold farmers then just level three accounts. The level three ones seem to stick to f2p or things such as tanning hides, because the accounts are probably banned quickly. Have you ever seen a level 126 gold farmer? I have. A while ago there were green dragon gold farmers and even blue dragon ones for a while. There were even gold farmers close to rank 21 on the range high scores.

The wall on tutorial island is the same concept as a pin code to enter when creating an account. Obviously I'm not against this and it COULD help (because who knows if this people use automated scripts to make accounts or do tutorial island?), but for the most part it probably will not.

You can not judge someone to be an autoer just because they do not respond. It may be extremely obvious if someone is an autoer but there is always a chance that they are not. Jagex can not do that.

Unfortunately the situation is not as "black and white" as everyone wishes it were. It is not as easy as 123 or pie to get rid of the gold farmers.

Dear Tip.it readers,

Macros would simply macro to lvl 4.. it isn't that hard..

Could work, but bot owner would create the account then install the program..

Programs can easily remember numbers..

So If by chance I leave my computer unattended for a minute I am permaband?? No.. -.-

It isn't that hard to change your IP.. Especially for an experienced hacker/macroer..

Mauranius

unoalexi.png

Here be dragons ^

Dragon of the Day

ryZi.gif

I think they should make a visual code when you make an account though, this would require manual input and thus would slow down autoers. This is a very good idea and it is used for registration on many forums, including tipit lol. Another thing is that I think that you should be REQUIRED to have an account pin on any new accounts that are created since the update and that random digits thing comes up when you start the account and thus, impossible for macroers to automatically get on without a guy manually inputting all the dang codes and he might forget some and then he gets owned. See, they should actually make it more of a pain to constantly create new accounts too because all that creates is less names in the game for people to choose, now jagex should have done this a LONG time ago because currently it is too easy to create accounts. Also, tutorial island should check if you're autoing the island and send a message to jagex.

Lol a little kid telling one of the most high achieving young partners of modern day that they are stupid. Funny.

Your ideas are plan pathetic.

Ban all lvl 3s? What about all the other lvl 3s? Autoers just train to lvl 4 pretty damn easy innit? Moron

Lol a little kid telling one of the most high achieving young partners of modern day that they are stupid. Funny.

Your ideas are plan pathetic.

Ban all lvl 3s? What about all the other lvl 3s? Autoers just train to lvl 4 pretty damn easy innit? Moron

First of all: think before you talk! There is 90% chance that i am older than you!

Second the way you responded you look like someone owning macroing accounts, since all the other players had some great comment / advise on what would work and what will not work. Hence all you can call me is moron?

Elishot i really loved your comment, though i have a few remarks:

The things i offered where solutions that in many cases would not harm the rest of the runescape family, and i already stated that there should be a list of the true skillers. In that way you make sure no one will get harmed. Anyways i never ever saw a "real person" playing on an account named like: dfgh546 or something like that. Plus i have been in the chat "ad busters" for some time.... There you can see whole family's of advertisement bots are created within minutes. This shows they have macroers to finish tutorial island <.<

Also i think they should take down sites that sell rune gold, there must be a possibility for that somehow

No, what about the pure skillers? Besides, they'll just level macro's up to level 4.

I like this.

Also agree.

What if a skiller has chat off?

Its possible to change your IP

See above

You have some nice ideas, some not so good.

YARLY.png

well as long as skillers dont train wc first then they'l be fine as they should have at least 1 other skill over 40 so wont fall under the requirement to be a macroer

and for the skillers that dont talk... what the hell is wrong with you? seriously talking is good... (but im not going to go into this bit much)

all in all, a pretty good idea!

J

MMORPG - Many Men Online Role Playing Girls - LOL, but how true?

Oh and none of the people you see online saying "looking for bf" are girls. Statistics I make up don't lie. - HA!

Retired - 19:37 - 25th feb 2007

Officially back - 19:19 - 16th april 2007

Ive quit enough times to quit again and be garunteed im guna be bribed back, totally worth it ;) until next month anyway

well as long as skillers dont train wc first then they'l be fine as they should have at least 1 other skill over 40 so wont fall under the requirement to be a macroer

There are no requirements to be a macroer!! There can be a macroer lvl 100! Time simply doesn't matter to these people...

unoalexi.png

Here be dragons ^

Dragon of the Day

ryZi.gif

I like the rules, =D>, except the first one, it should be ban a lv 3 account if they are not 4 cmb within a certain time scale, e.g. one week (doesn't take that long to get lv 4 cmb)

swordfight2.png

swordfight2.png

Quest Cape - Combat 94, Done Grandmaster Quest - 27/11/08, Combat 115

Godwars: 1 Sara hilt, 1 Bandos hilt, Bandos boots, 2x Steam battlestaff, Zammy spear, 6 Shards.

Dks: 1 worrior, 1 axe

I like the rules, =D>, except the first one, it should be ban a lv 3 account if they are not 4 cmb within a certain time scale, e.g. one week (doesn't take that long to get lv 4 cmb)

but some skillers dont want to get to lvl4 cmb at all

some ideas are good but theres to many ways for them to get around them

You dare question my eccentricities?

35aoys3.jpg

~The arus are back~