OMG Jagex - i declare you stupid

Guest mauranius

Well some of the poster's ideas won't work but it did gave me an :idea:.

• Limit number of accounts made per week/ month so it won't be abused.

During the registration, there should a security code input thing so you can't auto-create accounts (ex. F4a5y9 with case sensitive)

Well my mad idea :twisted: is to make a new yew tree that spawns at a fixed rate. Let the autoers cut'em, the resulting yew logs can't be traded and Jagex has all evidence needed to perm-ban these little corrupters. \' With the account limit in effect, then they're pretty stomped :P By the time it's done revert back to normal (remind you its my mad idea so :roll: )

Total Level 2247- 11x 99s All Combat Skills, Slayer, Summoning, Woodcutting, Herblore

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hk dollars i love your idea =D>

and patentia, getting wc a higher level will make sure you can cut certain trees faster. Plus it's a rush to get another 99 lvl!

Wow you ppl waste your time wcing o.O

99 wcing means what exactly? oh yeah nothing o.O

they also get a skill cape, and acan cut mages for money easier than if tey jusyt had 85 (i think thats the mage log lvl)

You dare question my eccentricities?

35aoys3.jpg

~The arus are back~

OMG mauranius - I declare you - An idiotic neanderthal that has nothing better to do than whine about Macro's even though they keep the marketplace level'ed and fairly costed.

1. EVEN though you made the 'list' for lv 3 skillers, that's EXTREMELY dumb. There are oh so many skillers, and they should make it that they give people with lv 3 about 3 weeks to get 1 stat / a dif stat than wc on the hiscores.

I dislike you,

I dislike your ideas,

You, my friend, are Dumber than Jagex.

-Because Jagex isn't dumb.

I dont need a siggy no moar.

^ Was there anything constructive in this post? It seems like you're just trying to start a flame war.

I personally disagree with some of the ideas in this thread too, but it's not a green light for personal insults. :roll:

Here a few tips on how improve anti-macroing policy!

1. ban all lvl 3's - most easiest solution and the most cruelest but i bet 99% of rs won't care for that

Jagex doesn't ban people they don't have evidence on. To even mention this though, is extremely stupid of you.

2. make sure there is an visual code for creating an account

Your only good idea in all this, maybe the next one as well. Those visual codes are called captchas, by the way.

3. create a wall on the start and on the end of the tutorial island, ask them to repeat a number you gave them, in the same way bank pin is done

4. make a few pmod / jmod teams that for 1 day scourge all the tree spots in f2p and perhaps even in p2p. say there that any lvl 3 that will not respond in 30 seconds will get banned instantaneously, this will make sure all real macroers get a perm ban + you will be able to find family names which then can be banned as well

Jagex already has bot busting occasions.

5. Limit amount of accounts to IP-adress to about 10, this will make sure family's have no chance of being created

6. make sure a certain IP-adress can make 1 account a week

I declare you stupid. You think Jagex hasn't already thought of this and you have? The only difference is, they take it all the way and IP ban macroers. The problem is a little thing called proxies. So your little idea fails here.

All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...

This is the truth!

This is my belief!

...at least for now.

"The Mystery of Life"

Vol. 841, Ch. 26

Well my mad idea :twisted: is to make a new yew tree that spawns at a fixed rate. Let the autoers cut'em, the resulting yew logs can't be traded and Jagex has all evidence needed to perm-ban these little corrupters. \' With the account limit in effect, then they're pretty stomped :P By the time it's done revert back to normal (remind you its my mad idea so :roll: )

And, so then the macroers just stop cutting that "special" yew tree... Or newbs start cutting that tree and get banned. That suggestion fails.

This is the truth!

This is my belief!

...at least for now.

"The Mystery of Life"

Vol. 841, Ch. 26

I am sure jagex thought of these things as well, and since they where already on their way of making the gme less fun for some players then why won't they just instant ban all lvl 3 players with 1 high skill only right away?? The few real players you might hurt with this they should stop whining

Anyways All my ideas where ment to be done within 1 day, you instant ban all macroers + at the same time make it harder to create new accounts so they cannot use macroers for that. For sure there will be still people making those macroers or training them to lvls where we are not sure any more if it is a macroer yes or no, but if we do this at least we have no yew macroers for some days....

These macroers will always find a way to cut trees, i Already suggested that in a certain patch trees could spawn in random spaces (not like now where all the trees are fixed to the ground) this would make it more difficult to create a macroing program for them

There are alot of stupid macroers in the game, and i am willing to sacrifice some other things to get rid of them. the last Jagex updates where all to prevent scammers and macroers. I am sure many people are willing to give up a few "skillers" to get rid of most of the macroers.

As for the yew economy: don't whine!! as soon as people notice macroers are gone the yew price will rise, then other peope think: hey, no macroers at yew trees.... they start cuttng them, and yew prices come back to normal. Unlike the Rare prices that due to the last update fall more than 1%

By the way i don't like people flaming me personally, you can say my ideas are not good or anything, but i won't like personal flames....

ban all lvl 3's

How the hell are we supposed to create new accounts then?! Stupidest idea ever.

draciontheman.png

"In the beginning, the universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move."

There are alot of stupid macroers in the game, and i am willing to sacrifice some other things to get rid of them. the last Jagex updates where all to prevent scammers and macroers. I am sure many people are willing to give up a few "skillers" to get rid of most of the macroers.

Ompf! Para, por favor. =; A lot of people would actually be bummed and protective of their skillers. (depending on how much work went into them)

Your whole idea is interesting and almost useful, but like many have stated before, it really won't fix anything but just make things a whole lot worse. I mean dang, there goes a lot of freedom with what you want your account to be. You would have to afraid of having a skiller account and would have to be viligant at all times so that you could respond to every single person that trys talking to you... Ugh... just pondering the idea seems like a whole new hell to deal with to me. :-k

I have my own ideas, but there will be sacrifice with every action.

Sir_Sibz.png

Sir_Sibz.png

45f0d8e6a6.png

BlogSignature-March11.png

Dear Tip.it readers,

i have just come across one of the biggest scandals Jagex could ever done to us. I have been notified that while creating new accounts you do not need to put in a "visual code" (explained below what this is). Why o why jagex do people have to see good stuff in runescape get waisted while actually you guys are the ones that screwed it up by not making a visual code and thus makes it possible to "macro" create new accounts at a fast rate! Ok well this is only the top of the iceberg so let my rant continue.

Jagex, have you aver seen those family willow or yew cutters??? or did you even paid attention to the clanchat "ad busters" where you can tell a set of pmods if you saw a advertisement macroer (of which most is a "family"). Why don't you instant ban all these lvl 3 with high wc? We all know they are macroing, and for the few skillers: do not worry there will be a list where the real skillers are listed.

Then jagex why is it so that all rs community has to pay for your lazyness with stupid updates that bother both f2p and p2p players?

Here a few tips on how improve anti-macroing policy!

1. ban all lvl 3's - most easiest solution and the most cruelest but i bet 99% of rs won't care for that maybe delete rather than ban all lvl 3s with less than 3 stats above 50? would free up some good names.

2. make sure there is an visual code for creating an account jagex tried that with fatigue in rsc- people made programs to automatically type the word (OCR's to decode it, and some other program where people at their PC typed words for people who werent (i think))

3. create a wall on the start and on the end of the tutorial island, ask them to repeat a number you gave them, in the same way bank pin is done read 2, would be fatigue again, pointless

4. make a few pmod / jmod teams that for 1 day scourge all the tree spots in f2p and perhaps even in p2p. say there that any lvl 3 that will not respond in 30 seconds will get banned instantaneously, this will make sure all real macroers get a perm ban + you will be able to find family names which then can be banned as well 1000s of macros get banned everyday they just make new accs

5. Limit amount of accounts to IP-adress to about 10, this will make sure family's have no chance of being created most people have dynamic ips

6. make sure a certain IP-adress can make 1 account a week would hurt people who have multiple family members playing rs + most people have dynamic ips

Now let me go back to play this game without all the fuss, and let me enjoy it once again!

Mauranius

P.S. a visual code is a code inside a picture (hidden), the picture is connected to another code in jagex system. Then the new player should copy the text of numbers and letters inside a box and confirm it. At the server they then check if visual information was the same as the information the player gave. If it is a match --> new acc is created if it's not a match --> IP should be registered as malicious

1. ban all lvl 3's - most easiest solution and the most cruelest but i bet 99% of rs won't care for that

Too be honest, i think all of your ideas are great except this one, it IS harsh there is other alternatives. Alot of macroers have gained a couple of combat levels lately anyway.

siggy.jpg

^Click Siggy for Blog^

Does anybody understand what he is saying... all skillers have at least 5 skills on the highscores. That is the first way of telling if it is a bot... 2 the families will all be lvl 3 or a high lvl that has completed no quests and always goes to green dragons in the wild. Next, autoers don't type so the visual code will help alot. Next all the popular woodcutting spots are all filled with botslvl3 with the same kind of name so there is a way to tell if they are family bots regular bots or just normal bots and either way they are going to get banned. The bots are a problem... I say that jagex should do the lazyest thing they can by instantaniously banning all those godamn lvl 3's that do not have more than 2 skills on highscores other than woodcutting or fishing. Otherwise Jagex cannot call them skillers and anyone with skills that have nothing but combat like those dragon bots should also be banned. Not including range/mage because those kind of bots do nothing to harm us in anyway except the faxt that they are bots.(btw I am a meler not a mager or range so i am not trying to give any special treatment to those of you who are pure mager or pure rangers) This is a rant post though and there is no point in taking me seriously when you think about it.

If you are reading this i hate you...

by banning lvl3s with less than a number of skills lvled wouldnt work so well, there are some skillers who work on one skill at a time-we could end up banning someone who worked hard legitametly for there 99 wc

You dare question my eccentricities?

35aoys3.jpg

~The arus are back~

Lol

Maybe if Jagex could hire more people to get rid of the bots, they might be able to ban more bots than are being made, like a 3:1 ban/make bot ratio thingy. :wall: Of course that's if Jagex really wants to spend extra money to take care of this problem faster. It's an idea... dunno how it would really work though.

Another rather daring idea is, what if Jagex just made the game p2p only? But I think that's a very dangerous step to make.

Anyone else got any ideas? -.-

Sir_Sibz.png

Sir_Sibz.png

45f0d8e6a6.png

BlogSignature-March11.png

I am sure jagex thought of these things as well, and since they where already on their way of making the gme less fun for some players then why won't they just instant ban all lvl 3 players with 1 high skill only right away?? The few real players you might hurt with this they should stop whining

Anyways All my ideas where ment to be done within 1 day, you instant ban all macroers + at the same time make it harder to create new accounts so they cannot use macroers for that. For sure there will be still people making those macroers or training them to lvls where we are not sure any more if it is a macroer yes or no, but if we do this at least we have no yew macroers for some days....

This will not solve the problem! This would be a temporary 1-day solution to pissing off all of the players on RuneScape!

These macroers will always find a way to cut trees, i Already suggested that in a certain patch trees could spawn in random spaces (not like now where all the trees are fixed to the ground) this would make it more difficult to create a macroing program for them

Macroers can walk 3 game screens away to bank and come back. And you're thinking changing the position of a tree will solve it? They click on the tree, it doesn't matter if it moves. They don't click a spot on the screen, the click the TREE!

I'd sacrifice you just to get 10gp.

As for the yew economy: don't whine!! as soon as people notice macroers are gone the yew price will rise, then other peope think: hey, no macroers at yew trees.... they start cuttng them, and yew prices come back to normal. Unlike the Rare prices that due to the last update fall more than 1%

God damn! No one will whine about the damn prices going up because of a lack of macroers! Hell, there were are more Rants in the forums because prices went DOWN because of macroers!

By the way i don't like people flaming me personally, you can say my ideas are not good or anything, but i won't like personal flames....

Maybe if you weren't flaming people in your title, I'd give more thought about not flaming you.

This is the truth!

This is my belief!

...at least for now.

"The Mystery of Life"

Vol. 841, Ch. 26

The main problem isn't skillers, but how completely easily autoers could counter that. Seeing as you can get combat 5 without even leaving tutor island, banning every level 3 simply makes the botters release combat 4 bots.

I really don't care about skillers, even though I have one; if they were the thing keeping autoers in play, then let them go. But they aren't, and that suggestion wouldn't accomplish a thing.

really nice suggestions but the first one is kinda over the line

there are plenty of skillers out there but then again, no more skillers or bots means only one thing

5k PER SHARK ANYONES???

08fbca3311.png

Electrone0.png

Winged Fish on a RWT complaint-

There's four complaints on the whole site, one from a mother who was convinced by her son that the RWTers she was buying him items from were from Jagex (and then got scammed and is taking it out on Jagex), two people complaining about having their accounts taken away, and one ranting on the trade restrictions and wilderness removal.

Now just change the background color and page layout, and you have the RSoF